2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, romance, yaoi/yuri, vampires (non-twilight vampires preferred) though right now I'm VERY interested in finding a romance fantasy

Kirin Odeti was tired. She lengthened her stride as she ran down the campus. Kirin was also late. The late evening class was her last art class of the day. The fact that it was after sun-down didn't help her anxiety about it. Of course her anxiety would never go away while she was at the School of Dual Enrollment. Basically? She was surrounded not only by other humans but also the bane of her existence: vampires.

She dodged several of the beautiful creatures as she ran to her class. She had fallen asleep during the small break between her last class and this one and had waken up with ten minutes to get to a class that was at least twenty minutes away from the library where she had stayed in the late afternoon. She was exhausted from ignoring the vampires that ventured it not he shadowy recesses of corners to reach classrooms during the day. They should have slipped and fallen into the boiling sun the girl thought. AFter all, they were nothing but life-suckers. Two bites from one of them could turn any person--male or female--into a Bite-Hooker.

She pulled her messenger bag closer as she slipped between two talking figures with a 'I'm sorry' thrown over her shoulder. She kept walking and checked her wrist where her watch read one minutes to the class. Groaning she put up a burst of speed and rounded the corner. Her pale white hair that had at one time in her past been a bright red color flew behind her as her hazel eyes flicked over the area in front of her. Years of being a blood bag for a vampire that had found her too delectable to release, draining her over and over until she was nothing but the sparest blood filled lump, had left her drained of most color. Despite her three years of cleanness--not a bite, not a dealing with vampires at all--she had never recovered her red locks that she had at one point loved.

She smirked and launched herself over a bench, taking off at a run to the door that was slowly closing to the classroom she needed. She slipped in just in the nick of time and blushed a bit as her gaze flicked over the room and she chose the one empty seat int he whole class. Oh yes, this would be horrible. Besides herself there was just one other human that was in the class. Besides them, they were surrounded by vampires--even the teacher was a vampire if Kirin was any judge.

She shrugged off the old leather messenger bag and took a seat slowly, straightening her turtleneck, long sleeved black shirt as she shifted the baggy pants on her hips up. All for the sake of dissuading any vampire from finding her attractive she wore things that covered her but left too much to the imagination for most people.

images
Alarie sighed and slouched down in the back of the art room. There was such a drag in the evenings that she really didn't understand why she had been pulled out of her coffin this early. Well, other than to attend the art class. There was that nummy-scenting human who showed up. The one with white hair that probably was not natural, and always showed up in super baggy clothing.
Alarie scanned the room and sighed again. There was only one human heartbeat going, and it was not the human-pretty's. Another heartbeat sounded out in the hallway and the human-pretty stepped into the room. Sitting up straight, Alarie realized that the only open seat was next to her, and she ran her tongue over her smaller than average fangs. Human-pretty was realizing this too and she stepped over with trepidation in her every move.

Kirin's gaze flicked to the vampire that she was being forced to sit next to during the class. She'd seen this woman--vampire--once or twice before, not that she liked to watch other vampires. They made her itch, wanting to spend her time with them rather than staying clean. She inwardly groaned and quickly looked back at her eisel. She got her things ready and sighed as she shifted back on her seat so that she was slouched--another technique she found persuaded vampires to leave her alone. She looked like an older woman, out of the normal range that most vampire's she had know would have taken an interest.

"Today you will be drawing the person next to you," the teacher said, drawing the attention to him instead of each other.

Kirin, had she not already been pale, would have paled even more as her gaze flicked again to the vampire next to her.

"Your goal for this period is to get at least the proportions for your partner done. If you feel inclined, you may continue drawing each other outside of the class, though you don't have too. You will have three class periods to finish with different objectives to complete each period. If you complete before a deadline I encourage you to work ahead and make it as good as you can. These will be shown at an art show that will happen in a month's time. You will be assigned a grade after that. Begin."

Kirin's eyes closed and she looked up, as if she was trying to pray for something before glancing at the vampire next to her. Why hadn't she gotten there early so she could sit next to the other human? Why her? "Erm," she started before coughing as her throat tightened in worry. "How do you want to do this?"

Alarie grinned. Her Pretty-human was having to talk and interact with her. Dragging her gaze from the top of the head of pale hair over the baggy sweater and then to the black shoes that peeped out from the overly-large pants, she brought her gaze back up to Pretty's face.
"I would say that we just go and start." Alarie pulled her favorite pencil out of it's case. "You are kinda petite, so that'll be a challenge to work with, but nice hair and face shape." She sketched with the preternatural grace of what she was, and then paused. "You don't have to just sit there," she quipped. "I'm plenty capable of drawing a moving model."

Kirin looked but at the same time didn't look at the vampire as she fidgeted in her chair. "I'm not petite. Just not fully filled out yet," she told her before she pulled out her own pad and began to sketch the other woman, her eyes never leaving the general vicinity of the vampire as she let her hand move over the pad as her own gaze flicked nervously over the other woman. She was by no way as fast as the vampire but she had her own style that was revealing itself as she sat there, pad on her lap, peering up at the vampire with a determination to get this done as quickly as possible.

"Do you want to do this over the class periods given or get this done in one sitting say?" Kirin found herself asking as she finished the rough sketch and lowered her gaze to the paper. Picking up an eraser she started to alternate from erasing unhelpful lines to making lines darker or adjusting them so that the image on the paper was as close to the outline of the vampire as possible for her human skills.

Alarie glanced up from her pad. "I draw better from one main sitting, and then working from there. If that's alright with you." She eyed Pretty's sweater distastefully. There was no way that she would be able to get the torso right if there was all that bagginess in the way. reaching over, She tugged gently at the sweater. "Hey, I can't get the torso right if you have this on. Mind taking it off?" She gave a last tug and soulful look at the offending material.
Honestly, Pretty-human had to have some type of body under the cloth if she was trying this hard to cover it all up.

Kirin nearly jumped out of her seat at the touch. As it was she went toppling backwards out of the stupid thing with a quiet yelp of surprise. It wasn't quiet enough though for all of the vampires turned to look at the incident with either mild interest or dislike. She scrambled forward to grab her pad which had flipped open to a scene of a mountain touched with gold color that was the sun that she had drawn before in the sketchbook. She clutched it close to her chest as she looked full on the vampire. "No. I-I don't wear anything under my sweaters. So I won't be taking it off," she lied in an attempt to ward off further requests as she straightened the sweater a little as she regained her seat though her back no longer held the curve that it had had and she was sitting straight up now, looking her twenty-five year old self.

In truth she had a tank top that was very form-fitting and flattering on underneath the sweater for the afternoons that she spent sprawled under the sun, trying to get some color into her body be it sun-burn or sun tan. "You'll have to work around it I suppose. I can wear something less, erm, obstructive in the next sitting I suppose so that you can get the torso right."

Alarie narrowed ehr eyes and then went on to what she had. Since Pretty-human was being stubborn, she would be even more so. Flipping to a new page, Alarie started scribbling down what she saw, and then started to change things. Gone was the bulky sweater, and a more flattering jean jacket was substituted. In this version, there was a greater confidence in Pretty's eyes and her back was straight. Flipping through the pencil bag, Alarie came up with an auburn and filled n the hair and eyes.
Turning the pad to her partner, Alarie hissed, "This is what Pretty-human should look like, not like she is worth nothing." Just then the bell ran and Alarie stood and swiftly left the room, forgetting her pad on the way out.

Kirin's eyes widened as she watched the vampire work. Her breathing quickened as the fear mounted as she watched as the auburn was filled in. When the vampire hissed at her she flinched away, holding her own pad tightly against her chest as if to use it as some kind of shield. She didn't move until the room was empty. She even waited for the teacher to leave before she started to pack up. As she did so she noticed the pad and sighed. She could leave it here. Instead, she picked it up and stared at the girl that stared back at her.

This is what Pretty-human should look like...

The words wrung in her ears and she hated that they did. She tore out the page and shut the pad, turning and running out of the classroom. As much as she hated it, she could ignore the fact that the teacher was a vampire if there was an academic question to be asked.

"Well I think that you should deliver it yourself," the male vampire said. "To apologize for treating Alarie as if she were something to be afraid of. She'll be going that way." He pointed in one direction and left the human standing there, holding the pad out for him to take.

Kirin's gaze dropped and she shouldered her bag up farther and turned to walk in the direction he had pointed reluctantly. "If you are ahead of me, just turn around. I have your drawing pad," She said, wishing that the vampire might hear her and return for it so that she wouldn't have the walk all the way across the campus, at night, surrounded by vampires.

Alarie stood in the top of a tree, hidden by the branches that were thick. She growled as the Beta of the coven landed next to her. "Anger at food is not becoming, little one."
She turned and snapped at him. "My Pretty-human is not food."
The Beta sighed and nodded down towards the ground. "Well, you had better tell the others. They are circling like they are trying to enthrall her." Alarie roared and misted over to where Pretty-human was standing encircled by those looking for an easy breakfast. Shoving Pretty behind her, Alarie hissed and showed her fangs in what should have been a threatening move, but was less than, due to her smaller fangs.
One of the larger males grinned, "Aw, is the little kitty showing it's fangs?" Alarie growled, this time in desperation, and reached with her mind for her Beta. I need help sir. She is mine.
The older vampire misted over and roared much louder than Alarie had been able to, effectively scaring off all the hulking others. Turning, Alarie tried to rouse a response from Pretty-human, trying to touch her a little as possible.
"Is Pretty okay?"

She'd gotten surrounded so quickly that Kirin had taken the perpetual deer in headlight's look as they had neared her. All her self-defense classes, all the research and discipline that it had taken to overcome the addiction three years ago out the window as the vampires had neared her. This did not help her when the one she'd been trying to return the art pad two appeared in front of her. The roar, while not threatening to the other vampires was enough to make Kirin whimper and drop to her knees in and effort to become as small and unseen as possible. That was all she needed, to be caught up in the middle of some stupid vampire fight.

Her blood curled and reached, longingly for the vampire's calling to them in an effort she had thought she had long suppressed The next roar made her curl even tighter. It was a roar like that that could turn any woman that dared look at the vampire that made it melt where she stood.

At the voice of the vampire she peaked out from behind a white veil of hair. Her eyes were almost double the size they should of been, the pupil's large, seeking for something--but what? Comfort? That ever addicting bite of a vampire? The mere thought of it made her shudder as she threw the pad at the vampire and took off running as fast as she could, not afraid of using the small gift of speed that all the feedings from before had given her in her effort to hide from every vampire that was out there. By no means was she as fast as a real vampire, but maybe she might be able to surprise them into giving her a few extra seconds. The get away would have been perfect if she hadn't thrown the wrong pad at the vampire--her notepad.

Alarie looked startled when Pretty took off and ran faster than any normal human had a right to. She rocked back into acrouch and thought. If Pretty could run that fast, then there had to be numerous feedings happening.
Alarie's eyes widened in understanding. Pretty was a former Bite Hooker, who didn't want to go back to being hooked.

The young woman stayed in her locked dorm room for the rest of the evening, curled under her blankets refusing to come out even for a meal as her stomach growled for food. Her body trembled, begged, demanded she let a vampire bite her and yet she refused, holding out like she had the first night she had decided to quit being bitten. She finally fell into a sleep at dawn and didn't awaken until late in the afternoon, groaning as she turned over in bed before standing and walking tot he window to watch as the sun retreated over the sky until night had set pon them again. She turned then and went to her sketchbook in need of some good, quality alone time doing something she loved--drawing. She opened it and blinked, staring down at unfamiliar drawings until she came tot he one of her from the day before. A strew of curses left her lips as she released the book quickly and turned away from it, hoping it would turn into fire.

Alarie looked down at the sketchbook that had been thrown at her. She was in a frightful mood, snapping at everyone who came near her. Her Beta, who was her sire's first-made, sat next to her by the coffins. "It's not your fault."
Alarie growled and swung at him. He dissipated for a moment and then resettled solidly. "No, really it isn't. You were trying to protect her, but you misunderstood how she would respond to your defense." Alarie hissed in frustration and then went and threw herself into the rooms that each of the coven members had in the mansion with the blacked-out windows. Flipping through the sketchbook, she realized that Pretty-human was actually a very nice artist. Hauling herself up, Alarie went and peeked out the curtains.
The sun was down and she could go and return the sketchbook. Leaving the mansion, Alarie dissipated into mist that carried her to the dorm that housed the majority of the 'clean' human students.

She had given up on her anger after a short time and gone about relaxing as best she could when she knew that at any moment the vampire moght appear outside her room and demand her sketchbook back. She took a shower, put on a pale blue camisole with a sleeveless knitted vest of sort--an outfit that she never woupd wear outside of the privacy of her room for two reasons. One was for the fact that in a world where vampires were a daily part of the world a revealed neck could be the smallest of invites that she was. not willing to give. The second reason was because it showed off the memories that were on her skin from Leo. Bite marks that the vampire had made in her neck but had been either too lazy to close or too sadistic to layered her neck and shoulders. A nasty set of claw marks that began at her right shoulder and disappeared below her camisole were dark against the paleness of her skin. These reminders would remain on her for the rest of her life, labeling her as the tainted Bite-Hooker that she had been.

By the time that the vampire had even started considering finding her, Kirin had begun to relax, drawing on a few scrap pieces of aper, damp hair twisted first into a sloppy braid and then up into a bun. Strands of the white hair had begun to settle around her face, framing it.

Alarie stood leaning against the tree outside Pretty's dorm complex. There were a few lights on, and one of them was the pale girl's. She sighed and Went into the lobby. "Excuse me," she said to the person at the front desk. "My art partner left this with me. Could you make sure that she gets it? She's about yea tall, with pale hair."
The girl at the front desk nodded. "Yeah, that's Kirin. I'll make sure that she gets it." ALarie nodded her thanks and then left the complex with a glance back at the square of light she was sure belonged to, Kirin, was it? Pretty name for her Pretty-human.

Kirin slipped down the stairs, jacket covering the marks and outfit, jeans that were for once not baggy hugging her hips, as she went to the mailboxes along one side of the main lobby. She'd meant to check for mail earlier but had been too overcome with suspicion that she just hadn't. When the girl at the front desk handed over the notebook and said that the vampire had just been there. Her eyes grew wide and flicked around as if waiting to see the creature appear before her before she grabbed the notebook and ran upstairs, forgetting about her mail all together.

When she reached it she flipped through the sketchpad to make sure that nothing was missing before she grabbed the notebook that belonged to the vampire and raced from the room. Out into the cool night air she went, wanting to get rid of the creature's book as soon as possible. "Are you still there? I know you can hear me if you are," she said, not bother leaving the circle of light offered by the path's street light that was just outside the lobby.

Alarie stopped when she heard Pretty's, Kirin's voice address the air as if she was still there. Which she was, but she was debating actually letting Kirin know that she was there. Alarie turned to mist away and caught sight of he book in Kirin's arms. It was her sketchbook, the one she needed for class. Groaning, Alarie jumped down from the tree. Folding her arms, Alarie tilted her head to the side waiting for pretty Kirin to speak.

Kirin fought the urge to drop the book and run away when she saw the woman drop to the ground nearby. She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath before slowly holding the book out to the vampire. "It-It seems we mixed it up and since you delivered mine I thought it only fair to give yours back as well," she said, watching the book more than the actual woman-vampire. "Um, you said that you do better in one sitting? P-Perhaps we should get it done now then? Unless you are, erm, busy or, um, something." She figured that if they could get it done now she could get out of having to deal with any more vampires for the rest of the semester--or at least for the project.

Alarie blinked in surprise. "Alright. If that's what you feel is the limit." Following the slender woman up the stairs, Alarie was promptly stopped by the threshold to the dorm room.
She cleared her throat. "I need your permission to enter the room." She felt sheepish for having to point it out.