Because of you. (MxM) (lawkheart)

• Thread starter ♣CrimsonParadiso♣
  • Start date
Travis couldn't tell how long he had been asleep but his body felt refreshed some how, like he was reborn into the world with a better prospect on life. He lifted his eyes and blinked his eyes, he was in his brother's arms still and that confused him a little bit. He looked around a little bit to figure out where they were and noticed that they were in a hallway. How long was I asleep? He thought to himself and brought his hand around his brother's arm to rub at his eyes. He could see a little better and noticed that outside the kitchen window the sun was shining brightly "Kaleb?" He whispered softly, he wanted his brother to wake up but noticing his sleeping face made him rethink that. Travis then laid his head back down on his brother's chest to relax for a bit longer. He would get up when Kaleb did, Travis didn't mind sleeping for a little bit longer. It wasn't like they had to do anything today.

Kaleb murmured something in his sleep, but only pulled Travis closer, protectively as he slept. He hardly ever dreamed anymore, which was good and bad, but he could feel someone in his arms and he wanted to hold them close and protect them. He always did that when they were younger and it never changed. When Kaleb was ever with anyone, which was rare, he would hold them like this when he slept. He didn't even wake when the sun light got in his eyes. He just felt his nose twitch. He did wake after another hour of sleeping, and his eyes slowly opened and he looked around, noticing they were on the floor in the hallway. He sighed softly and stood up, somehow still holding Travis in his arms. He looked a bit like a zombie, since he was still half asleep and he walked to his bedroom and laid down into the bed, making sure, Travis was tucked in, before he fell back asleep, keeping a protective arm around Travis as he slept.

He hadn't meant to fall back to sleep that hard but it seemed like his body really needed the sleep. He just held tightly to his brother now aware of what was going on and he wasn't ready to admit that he hated to be this close to his brother. He didn't want to get so close to his brother again only to have it torn from him once more. But he could easily play this moment off as he was just exhausted from everything and work on top of it. He vaguely felt his body being moved but when he felt something comfy under him, Travis rolled a little bit and wrapped his leg around Kaleb's and laid his head on his brother's chest once more. "Comfy" he said softly and started to lull back to sleep. "Stay...with me...always" Travis began to say as his dreams started to take hold of him once more.

Kaleb vaguely heard what Travis said and his body seemed to respond to it. "Always..." he murmured in his sleep to Travis although he had no realization of it. He stayed like that until he felt something furry on his arm and licking his cheek. It was Lolita and she began meowing. He looked at the cat and sat up. He looked at Travis. He looked at lolita and sighed softly. "Travis... wake up...." he said softly, running his hand over Travis's forehead since thats what he used to do to wake him up.

Travis snuggled more into his brother's body, he didn't want to wake up this time, the body was warm and protecting. He wanted to hold onto that as long as he could before he had to make it seem like he wasn't that much of a baby anymore. "Mmm...I don't wanna" he said and rolled over on his other side but that didn't last long. He heard that distinctive meow that told him Lolita wanted food. He rolled back over and barely opened his eyes and there she was staring at him. "Alright. I'm getting up" Travis said with a giant yawn and stepped back to watch him get out of the bed.

He slowly walked out of the room and to the kitchen half dead, it was probably a bad idea to take one of his pills but the sleep that he got after it was amazing...well at least this time was. He yawn a third time before he got to the kitchen and then got her some food. Lolita rubbed on his leg and then went straight for her food. He rocked back on his feet and just leaned on the cabinets and slid to a sitting position on the ground near Lolita's bowl of food.

Kaleb got up as well, following Travis to the kitchen. He took out something to cook and yawned, wondering if Travis would eat anything or just end up going back to sleep. "I'm gonna make breakfast.... lunch.... food, want any?" he asked Travis. He had to admit that the sleep was great, he usually always woke up just as exhausted, but he just woke up wanting to go back to sleep. He looked at Lolita and smiled at the cat as she ate her food, Travis sitting down next to her.

Travis looked up at his brother barely able to see his form and softly nodded his head "Can't eat" he said softly and his head lulled back to looking at his cat. He wasn't sure if he wanted to tell his brother that yet but the food that Kaleb made smell sooo good. "Father would..." he started to say but the words sounded wrong in his head "Maybe...something small" he then said and started to pick himself up off the floor. He was a little unstable but soon his body was listening to him. He was a bit sore from sleeping weird but other then that he felt great. "Need coffee first" he sighed softly and walked over to the coffee pot to get it started.

Kaleb nodded his head and he understood what Travis meant. Dad would have them do things for food. Kaleb always found a way around it though, making sure Travis ate while at school, making sure they stopped at a shop and he would make sure they had some thing to eat. He watched Travis get up and go over to the coffee pot and turn it on. Kaleb nodded his head once more and decided to make some oatmeal. He knew it was something that most didn't like but he did and he was making a little for himself but his always came out creamy and delicious, since he he added most to it, even banana chunks. "Eggs okay with you?" he asked Travis, cutting up bananas to put into the oatmeal.

Travis couldn't wait for the coffee to be done and he leaned on the counter watching it drip into the pot slowly. That rhythmic sound, drip drip drip, was almost putting him to sleep once more. At his brother's voice he turned around to face him and rubbed at his eyes to wake up some more. "That sounds fine to me...not sure how much I can eat though" he relented and told his brother so he wouldn't make too much. Travis could probably eat a few bites before he felt like throwing up. It was a conditioning thing, his father would trick him sometime as he got older and allowed him to eat but then would change his mind and force Travis to throw up what he had eaten though the whole time his father was laughing his head off. Travis could never understand why his father seemed so happy when he was so miserable.

Kaleb nodded his head. Kaleb made him some eggs and toast and set the food down. He sat down next to where Travis would sit, putting a spoonful of the oatmeal into his mouth. He smiled at the taste and took another spoonful before he watched Travis sit to eat. "Mind if I try something," he said softly. He stood up and got behind Travis. He suddenly hugged Travis. "Now eat," he said softly. He remembered his bestfriend did this for him to help him eat and it worked for him so maybe it would work for Travis.

Travis had seen the food and it did look good but he still couldn't get out of his head that he would be throwing it up later. He sat down anyways and was about to pick up a piece of the toast but then his brother hugged him, he was a little confused by this act but having his brother hug him felt great even though goosebumps formed on his skin. "Ok" he said and picked up the toast taking a bit, when it hit his tongue he felt a little nauseated but soon the feeling went away and he was able to take another bite. Next he tried the eggs and they tasted great even though they were just plain eggs so he quickly took anther bite "This is a amazing" he said through bites. "How did you know?" He questioned setting his fork down so that he wouldn't eat too much to fast though his stomach wanted all the food on his plate in his stomach.

"I had the same problem and my friend Carrie tried this and it let me eat without thinking I would have to throw it up later. She did this everyday until she passed away and now I eat because I still feel her hugging me," he said softly to Travis. Carrie had cancer and he hadn't told him or anyone and she had gotten so sick, but she hid it and he went to see her in the hospital and when he hugged her, she died in his arms, falling into a sleep that she hadn't woken from.

At least someone figured out how to help him, now maybe he could start to become a little more normal but as he looked down at the food he could feel it turning in his stomach. It felt nice to have something inside of him for once but figured that it was enough for now "thank you Kaleb but I think I'm good now. So why don't you eat as well" he told him and then gently got out of his chair "Coffee?" He questioned once he was standing up and then walked over to the coffee pot pulling down two cups, the way that he had seen his brother drink coffee in the last couple of days he was sure that Kaleb wouldn't object. "Black? Or do you like cream and sugar?" Travis asked as he put a spoonful of sugar in his cup.

Kaleb sat back down and nodded his head. "Black is fine," is he said softly looking up at Travis. He took another spoonful of oatmeal into his mouth and smiled to himself. "Have you ever had oatmeal?" he asked Travis. He was just wondering because not many people he talked to thought to try it for themselves. He was glad that Travis had eaten though so he'd hug him every time to help him eat.

Travis nodded his head and brought his brother's coffee over to him and then sat back down. He looked down at the food and tried to remember the feeling of his brother hugging him just so he could eat some more but the thoughts of his father popped into his head instead and he looked away from the good. Travis sipped at his coffee and then looked up at his brother "I haven't really tried it...actually I haven't tried a lot of things so I'm not sure what I like" he told his brother with a slight shrug of his shoulders. "I think I should go to my apartment today and talk to my landlord. That's the last thing that needs to be done before I can leave"

Kaleb nodded his head. "Well, there'll be time for trying things another time. I'm just happy you ate," he said softly to Travis, having a sip of coffee. When Travis spoke about having to talk to the landlord and going to his apartment, Kaleb nodded his head. "Alright, I'll deal with the rest of the house, by the way, I found that photo album, but I want to know if its the right one," he said standing up and going to the bag on the floor, he pulled out the photo album, checking to make sure that was it. "Is this it?" he asked, handing it to Travis.

He started to zone out in front of him, he was trying not to think of anything as he sipped at his coffee but with the word album he perked up. "I hope so" he said softly and took the album from his brother. He thumbed through a few of the pages and became happy. This was the album of all the happy times, when their mother was still alive or rather his mother. She cradled Travis to her chest in one picture, in another he was blowing out birthday candles. "Thank you for finding it" he closed the album and held it to his chest for a little bit. This would help him sleep at night, he could look through a few pages and fall asleep with good memories or at least he hoped it would work. "Do you want to come with me? I mean you don't have to but I'm sure my landlord wants to meet you...well I don't know but I would like for you to meet the person who saved me when I was living on the streets...she's a really sweet old lady"

Kaleb nodded his head. "Okay, I just have to burn a few more things," he said, pulling out some more photo albums. He went to the fireplace and lit it once more, putting the photo albums into the fire. "Trust me, you didn't want to see the pictures," he said softly. He stood up and went back to the kitchen, cleaning up. He had a habit of cleaning up and it was odd since when they were younger he was messy.

Travis nodded his head and got up from the table cleaning up the food that was still on his plate and then placed his dishes in the dishwater. He then finished off his coffee and put that into the dishwater was well. "I'm gonna take a quick shower first" he called to his brother as he headed upstairs and straight for the bathroom. He carefully shut the door and then turned to the mirror. He pulled a disgusted face and then turned his back on the mirror. He still couldn't stand to look at himself in the mirror but he needed to shower after those few days of none stop work. Travis stripped his clothes off and tried to ignore the scars on his legs and arms. He quickly turned on the water to the shower and got in. He wasn't planning on taking for ever so he just wash up and got out of the shower a few minutes later. He dressed and faced the mirror but luckily it was still fogged up from his shower so he wouldn't have to look at himself. Travis dried himself off and just got dressed back into the clothes he had walked in here with. "I'm ready when you are. The apartment building is just a twenty minute walk north of here so it shouldn't take too long" Travis called to Kaleb as he walked out of the bathroom and back down the stairs.

Kaleb was washing his hands and stretching his back as he stood by the counter. When he heard Travis he nodded his head. "Okay, let me grab my keys. I rented a car so we can take it if you want to?" he said softly to Travis. He grabbed his coat and took out the keys out of the pocket. "I can't wait to meet the woman who you rent from.