Because of you. (MxM) (lawkheart)

• Thread starter ♣CrimsonParadiso♣
  • Start date
Travis was so focused on looking down at his food no matter how much it made him nauseous and just stared at it. He was a little surprised as he felt his brother lift him up and...place him in his lap? That confused and embarrassed Travis some but he adjusted himself and found a good spot to sit in Kaleb's lap. The first time Kaleb did this it was just an experiment and Travis didn't mind but now he felt like a little kid. Was he really that pathetic that he couldn't eat without his brother touching or holding him. But as Travis looked down at the pizza on his plate he began to feel better about wanting to eat it. Oh what the hell He thought to himself and picked up the pizza. The first bite had been a little cold but Travis enjoyed eating it, he was not going to let his own mind ruin this no matter how much he felt or looked like a child.

Kaleb had a plate next to him, with pizza on it. He picked the slice up and took a bite smiling softly. He was glad Travis had begun to eat now. He didn't want his brother to starve, his father wouldn't have that over him as well. Kaleb watched the TV watching as the next meal was something he loved eating. Burgers and fires. He had no idea why but he could eat that everyday and be happy, but of course he did not do that. That would not be healthy. He continued to watch, smiling to himself.

Before Travis knew it the pizza was gone and he glanced up at the tv, this wasn't so bad and his brother was kind enough to help him be able to eat but he placed his plate off to the side and picked up his drink. Travis was filling rather full even though he ate one slice, his stomach was still trying to get used to the fact that it had a decent amount of food in it. He relaxed a little more into Kaleb's chest and sipped at his drink though he made sure that he wasn't hindering his brother's eating. He just wanted to feel comfortable for a little bit longer but if his brother wanted to get up he would move that second. "Thank you" Travis commented softly because it felt like the proper thing to say no matter how weird the situation was.

Kaleb looked over at Travis and offered him a gentle smile. "Anything for my brother," he said softly. He meant that. He would do anything and everything in his power to help his brother get better. Kaleb yawned, and rested his head against Travis's shoulder. He was sleepy but he didn't want to get up and made no move to do so. He had so much stuff to do and he couldn't waste it sleeping. But he couldn't remember the last time he had slept well and actually felt tired and sleepy.

Travis nodded his head and after drinking the rest of his drink he set it back on the table and then shifted a little bit more. He felt Kaleb get comfortable so he did the same. Travis shifted a little on his side and then wrapped an arm around his brother's waist. He was so warm and smelled good that it was hard for Travis to stay awake. There would be plenty of time to finish everything up...right? Even if there wasn't Travis could do without several things if he got to keep his brother. Travis' eyes slowly closed as he allowed sleep to take over his body, he was just so exhausted mental and physically that it was hard to remain awake right now.

Kaleb noticed Travis fell asleep, and he smiled. He stood up, trying his best not to move Travis too much. He could clean up into the morning, but he did, bring the Pizza to the kitchen and put it in the fridge. He carried Travis up to his room and laid down with his brother holding him still before he pulled away, taking Travis's shoes off along with Kalebs. He laid down next to Travis, covering them both up and then hugging the boy close to him and promptly falling asleep.

"Mhmm" Travis responded to the little bit of movement but he was so tried that he really didn't care, he felt safe and comfortable. No one should mess with him right now so he just snuggled closer to the warmth though as he did that he noticed that it was gone. Travis cracked an eye open a little bit and looked around and didn't see Kaleb near him. He almost panicked at that but then saw him walk back into the living room. He relaxed right there and then felt his brother's arms. He was going to object and pull his brother to him once more but then felt weightless. Are we going somewhere? He thought to himself and then felt the soft bed beneath him. That's better was the last thing he thought before cuddling next to his brother and falling back asleep.

He hugged Travis, falling asleep while holding his brother. He felt better holding his brother while he fell into a deep sleep, let his body rest after a long time of tension. He stayed like that for the whole night, holding his brother protectively. He wouldn't let anything bad happen to him, not anymore, and not ever again. He still felt guilty but it was hard to see any emotion on his face. He had gotten so good at hiding it that it was hard for him to express his emotions. When he did however, he could never fake it so it was a win lose situation. He hardly felt but when he did, it was real and true.

Travis was waiting for the moment that he turned over and woke himself up fully but it never happened. He was too comfortable laying in his brother's arms to care about anything else. Even when the sun came up he just buried his face into Kaleb's chest and tried to go back to sleep. Travis listened to his brother's heart beat and it started to sooth him back to sleep. Though that only lasted a few more moments and then his phone started to go off. Travis groaned softly and shifted a little bit to slip his hand into his pocket. He moved carefully so he wouldn't wake his brother though he was sure that his phone had already done that.

He quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket and look at the ID. "Great" he huffed softly and then answered the phone call "Do you have any idea what time it is Luke" he sarcastically answered and the guy just started going off about one thing or another and then another voiced popped up "Do you have me on a conference call?" Travis hissed under his breath and the noise level on the other side just rose with laughter. "I take you guys are back in town" he mentioned and then Luke started to ramble off a few things. "I don't know if I can...I mean there's a lot going on right now" he paused and glanced up at his brother and then quickly turned his eyes a different direction feeling embarrassed like his friends could see him sleeping with his brother "Yes it's true I quit the bar...yes yes I understand...I don't see why I should" now it was just getting bothersome "I'm moving that's why" that got his friends to shut up for a little bit but then they just started to bombard him with questions. Travis wiggled out of his brother's arms and slid off the bed. He made his way out of the bedroom to go to the living room, it seemed like this conversation wasn't going to end.

Kaleb stayed how he was for a few hours, holding Travis but when Travis got up, Kaleb woke just ten minutes after Travis left the room. He could hear Travis talking and he got up, yawning. He decided to just clean up the living room before going back to bed, since he was awake at the moment. He yawned, cleaning up and then throwing things out until the living room was clean. He looked at Travis and just offered him a smile before he went back up to bed. He was walking up the stairs, letting Travis have his privacy.

Travis glanced up when he heard his brother coming downstairs, he quickly stopped talking and gave his brother a smile though the others on the phone started yelling at him to finish his sentence. It wasn't that he didn't want his brother to hear what he was talking about Travis was just startled. His eyes tracked his brother's movements and watched him go upstairs, Travis was a little surprised that his brother hadn't asked who he was talking to. But then he shrugged his shoulders, it wasn't like they were that nosy about the others business. "Sorry bout that...um I'll see what I can do but it's finally I'll be moving and soon" Travis finally told them but it still seemed like they weren't going to give in and just let the subject go. He wasn't sure how many more times he could explain it to them "So you were talking about Karaoke or something Luke" that got him to change the subject really quick, Luke was always big into going out to bars with a bunch of girls and drinking a lot.

Kaleb was showering now, wanting to get cleaned up and such. He was still tired but he couldn't go back to sleep. Kaleb had few friends, Tony being one but everyone else just drifted away from him. Tony understood because his father was a drunk and would beat him. Kaleb found that he could talk to Tony, but he usually did not. He sighed as he let the water run down his back and his hair. He washed up after a little bit of just standing there. He got out after he was done. He sighed to himself, drying off and getting dressed in the bathroom. He had forgotten his shirt and walked out of the bathroom, heading to where his suit case was.

Travis was looking at anything that was left in the living room to distract his mind, he really didn't care to go out at all and he needed to get ready for this move. But Luke begged him to come out one last time and it was hard to say no to someone you had known for years. A person that tried to help even when they didn't know why Travis needed help. He sighed heavily when Luke finally just asked him to come out and then Travis thought of an idea "We'll be there" he said softly and that got Luke to start blurting out more questions, Travis hadn't specified who the we was only because he wanted to get some enjoyment out of making Luke flounder. "Alright well I've got to go. We'll see you tonight" and with that he hung up on his friend yelling at him.

Travis had a bit of a smile on his face as he went back upstairs to figure out what he was going to wear, that and he felt that he needed another shower. "Hey Kaleb?" He called walking into the room that had his bags. Travis shifted through them picking out a decent maroon shirt and a park of dark jeans. "What do you say to going out one last time before we leave this town?" Travis called once he had things for tonight in hand and walked to the bathroom.

Kaleb raised a brow at that. "Oh... Okay, sounds good to me," he said softly. "Should I dress formal or just normal," he asked, walking into the room now, having already taken a shower. He was all dried off now, although he had no shirt on. He watched Travis rummage about for his clothes, and nodded his head. He wondered what they would be doing. He usually never hung out with people in town, since he didn't want to be close to anyone. He was close with Tony because he had had the same issues as Kaleb... well almost the same. He had left home and Tony left with him, but came back after a few years.

"Just something normal" Travis told him as he set his clothes on the sink in the bathroom. "We are just going out with a few...well I guess you could say friends of mine. Their more like acquaintances who get me out of the house" with that said Travis shut the bathroom door a little bit and turned to the mirror. This was something he did almost every time, as much as he didn't like to see his own reflection it was just something that was hard to avoid. He stripped off his shirt and looked at himself, there were scars almost on every inch of his body. His back was covered with lash marks, some brands that were seared into his skin and moved down his arms, Travis was self-conscious about his arms so he always wore long sleeved shirts. He inspected his own body like there was going to be new scars on his body though there never were, a few times when he left home he would do this and think that there were new scars but it was just his own mind playing tricks on him. Next he stripped off his pants and looked at his legs, they looked just as bad as his arms and back but with his legs it looked like there was a chunk of skin missing from the side of his right leg. That memory was probably the most painful, the night he left home he received that wound. A gun shot that grazed him though thankfully didn't cause any permanent damage, it just looked really bad.

When he got his feel that there were no new scars and his body was still the same he turned to the shower and turned on the water. Travis barely waited for the water to get warm before he jumped in. He quickly finished with the shower and got out to dry off. It wasn't like they had to leave anytime soon but he wanted to finish up in the bathroom. He didn't mind being in the bathroom it was just that the room was too small and made him feel boxed in. Once he was dressed again Travis made his way out of the bathroom as quickly as he could and back downstairs before he started having an anxiety attack "I'm just wearing some jeans and a decent shirt so...yeah. I didn't really tell them who I was bringing though, I thought it might be fun to freak them out some before I told them that you were my brother...if you don't mind me doing that Kaleb" Travis finally told his brother when he made it down the stairs.

Kaleb nodded his head. He began getting dressed, deciding to just wear dark jeans and a black t-shirt. He preferred the plain and comfortable then anything big and flashy. He got dressed, fixing his hair like he always did. He also put on some of his cologne and smiled. It was his favorite and one his father hated the smell of so it made it even nicer to Kaleb. He pulled on his socks and then his boots. He preferred them to sneakers when it came to comfort. He sighed to himself, looking in the mirror. He hated looking at himself. He didn't think he was good looking or handsome or even acceptable to people. He had been told multiple times that he was handsome, but he didn't believe it. He looked up at himself, into his eyes. He hated them the most. Although they were different in shape to his fathers, they were the same color, a piercing grey. He usually wore brown contacts to hide it since he hated the color so much and tonight would not be any different. He put on his contacts, so he could see and to hide the color of his eyes. Although his eyes were more blue then they were grey, but it was still close enough for him to hate them.

He got up and grabbed his keys, heading downstairs to just sit and relax. He watched as Travis came down and nodded his head to him.

Travis stopped and looked at his brother, he looked pretty good but something was wrong about his appearance. His eyes scanned his brother for a few seconds and then his own eyes landed on Kaleb's, that's what was different. His eyes weren't the proper color, he remembered that his brother's eyes were blue...well to him they were. Kaleb's eyes reminded him of the afternoon sky, bird's flying free in the open air and that warm wind on his face. It was a good memory for Travis seeing his brother's eyes but now they looked dark, almost a bone chilling dark to him. Before Travis freaked himself out too much he had to turn away from his brother "So I'm ready to go when you are" he said just to get his mind off of his brother's eyes and then walked over to the front door grabbing his coat and wallet. "We are meeting them down at The Dragon Lair bar. It's just on the other side of downtown. So about a ten minute drive down the main street here and then we'll take a right onto Elizabeth Ave and it should be on the right side of the street" Travis explained after slipping into his coat and stepping out onto the porch "Are you ok with going Kaleb? I don't want to force you do to something...I mean I could just have one of them pick me up...if you want to stay home tonight" He wasn't trying to talk his brother out of going with him, Travis just wanted to make sure his brother was actually ok with going out with him.

Kaleb nodded his head and got into the car. He sighed looking at himself in the mirror. "Sorry about the contacts.... I... I don't like my eye color... so I got prescription contacts in brown so I wouldn't have to see my eye color," he said softly, grabbing his coat and going out of the house. He had been wearing glasses for the past week so he didn't use them, but he preferred to wear them. He hated his eye color. It reminded him of his fathers eyes way too much for him to be comfortable. He nodded his head in thanks as he got into the car, starting it and pulling out and then driving down the road, after Travis got into the car. "No, I'm fine, I wanted to come with you out. And I don't mind going out... I just don't like wearing glasses all the time and if I'm going to have to read some stuff I'll need my contacts," he explained softly. He wasn't angry or anything, just tired.

He wasn't expecting an explanation from his brother about his eye color but just nodded his head. Travis could understand his brother's reasoning but he still preferred his brother's natural eye color "I like your eye color despite it being close to his. I think your eyes are more warm and...I think...your hot with your natural eye color" Travis felt his face turn red so he had to turn and look out the window. He was sure that Kaleb would disagree but it didn't matter or maybe he would tell Travis that he was wrong and shouldn't say things like to him. Travis just couldn't help it anymore, he was seeing his brother in a new light and it could have been from the fact of not seeing him for years or hating him and that changing but Travis felt more for his brother then most would. Travis could see himself living the rest of his life with Kaleb, he wanted to live with Kaleb the rest of his life and not just as a brother. He was coming to terms with that more as he thought on it but probably shouldn't say that to Kaleb. "I promise that we won't stay out long because I know that there are still things to do before we leave" Travis told his brother only to change the subject a little so he could stop feeling embarrassed about his comment on Kaleb's eyes.

Kaleb felt his eyes widen and he had to force himself to focus on the road a moment as his mind processed that comment. He was embarrassed to hear what Travis had said to him. Travis thought he was hot? What was that all about? He thought to himself as he drove to the place Travis had told him they were meeting up. He didn't respond to the compliment that he got from his brother, about his eyes. He kind of wanted to take the contacts out now but he mentally shook his head and just kept driving, staying quiet since he didn't know how to react or what to say to Travis.

He was glad that Travis changed the subject after a few minutes of awkward silence. It broke the silence firstly and also broke the awkwardness. "It's alright, we can stay for a while actually. I already set up the flights and such and even got a ticket for Lolita. I hope your alright with first class. They bumped me up since I had the miles on my card," he said softly. They only had to ship their things over to his apartment so that was the only real thing they needed to do.