Because of you. (MxM) (lawkheart)

• Thread starter ♣CrimsonParadiso♣
  • Start date
It wasn't like the place was far enough for them to drive a car, plus there was nothing but street parking for the building that or they would have to park in the lot across the street. But he didn't really care at this point and knew that he should go take care of the rest of his things "Alright, that's fine though I warn you there is only street parking really" Travis told his brother and headed out of the house but waited for Kaleb since he was the one with the keys. "She's a great lady, she's a bit old but takes care of everyone as best as she can. Spent a few months there when I couldn't stand to be in the house with father or I tried to run away and she found me. Would feed me dinner and let me return home when I was ready" Travis began to tell Kaleb about his years without his brother. It was started to get a little easier to talk about all the hard times and he was sure it was because he was talking to his brother.

Kaleb only had to put on his shoes and grab the keys. He walked out of the house, locking it and then opening the car. "She sounds like a really nice lady," he said softly, getting into the drivers side. He started the car and waited for Travis to get in and close the door before he pulled out of the driveway and drove to the apartment building. Luckily for them, there was a spot right outside the building, and Kaleb parked there. He got out and waited for Travis to get out before he locked the doors. He walked to the sidewalk and waited there for Travis. He hadn't been in this part of town, maybe it was new or he just never went here as a kid.

Staring up at his apartment building had many emotions running through Travis, this place was his haven and to leave it now felt like he was abandoning it. But right now was probably the best time to start over and with his brother's help he could change himself and his life. Travis took a deep breath and walked into the building. Lyndi was usually walking around the place visiting the few tenants but this time he didn't see her anywhere. "I think she's at her place" Travis said softly and started to climb the stairs to her floor.

It wasn't that far up because Lyndi couldn't get up the stairs that well anymore and unfortunately the elevator had been broken for years. He walked over to her door and knocked lightly on it, just a few seconds later she was opening the door "Oh Travis" she exclaimed and then looked over at Kaleb "Hi Lyndi. Do you have time to talk?" Travis asked and Lyndi looked at Kaleb for a little bit longer and then turned back to Travis "Of course" she lead them inside and to the living room.

"What can I do for you Travis?" She asked walking into to her kitchen to get some drinks for them "Well I'm going to be leaving the state and going to live with my brother...by the way this is Kaleb, my older brother. Kaleb this is Lyndi" he introduced them and then took a spot on the couch waiting for her to come back out. When she did Lyndi had a tray of lemonade in her hands and set it down on the small coffee table. She turned to Kaleb "It's nice to meet you...so what sparked this Travis?"

Kaleb remained silent and followed Travis. When Travis introduced him to the nice woman he offered her a respectful smile and then remained standing next to Travis, even after he sat down. "Its very nice to meet you as well, Lyndi," he said softly to the woman. He didn't know why but she was starring at him weirdly and he felt annoyed by it, but he hid it from his face and just stood there, watching them talk.

Travis had come to know this place well and felt at home here but he was also trying to find a good way to tell Lyndi why he was leaving. "I figured that it was time that I grew up and moved on from this place" he finally told her and she gave him a smile. "That's good. Oh how are you feeling after..." Travis held up a hand "I'm doing good, no need to be concerned. Kaleb helped me by fixing up the wound. He's a doctor" Travis explained to her and she turned her attention to him "Thank you for helping him. I don't know where Travis would be if I hadn't found him that day" she patted Travis' leg and then grabbed for a drink "And I thank you for it everyday. I just wanted to stop in and tell you that I will be leaving. I'm only going to be taking a few things so that the next person that you help can have a nice apartment" Travis got to his feet and Lyndi followed suit "Take anything you like Travis dear" she told him and he gave her a hug. "Thank you for everything Lyndi"

Kaleb nodded his head to Lyndi. When Travis hugged her and they were moving to the door Kaleb turned to the nice woman and smiled at her. "Thank you... for taking care of my brother. If you ever need anything, please, don't hesitate to call us," he said to her, taking out his wallet, and taking out a piece of paper. He then took out a pen and wrote his name and number to his home, and his cellphone. "Please call if you ever need anything," he said, handing her the piece of paper. He was being truthful with her. He was showing genuine gratitude although there was sadness in his eyes. He had left Travis and it was still weighing on his mind.

Lyndi walked them to the door but there looked to be something that she wanted to say. She accepted the piece of paper with a smile and placed it in her pocket "Travis is a great kid, I know he will be a great man" she told Kaleb and Travis just smiled at her then gave her one more hug before walking out the door. Travis lead the way up two more flights of stairs and to his apartment. He realized when he stood in front of his door and the placed he lived in didn't have much and his brother was going to see that but for Travis living here was the best time of his life.

He finally unlocked the door and walked inside, he placed his keys in the bowl like he always did and then stripped off his coat to hand on the rack "If you are thirsty or anything I'm sure there are still things in the fridge. I'll be just a few moments" he told Kaleb and then headed off to the bedroom in the back of the apartment. He really didn't have much that he wanted to take, probably just a few suitcases of clothes for him, some of Lolita's things and a box or so of trinkets. He walked over to his closet and pulled out the things that he would need to pack stuff in and got started in the bedroom.

Kaleb nodded his head and just took a seat on the sofa. He wasn't thirsty and Travis didn't seem to want or need his help packing, if he did, Kaleb would go and help him. Kaleb began thinking about things, things that he could do. Lyndi gave him a great idea. He'd have to talk to the investors about it and such, but he thought that maybe having Guardians, responsible adults that had apartment buildings or extra rooms in their homes. Because some of these kids had not finished high school so maybe they could live with the guardians while they finished school and such. He was thinking that Travis could maybe choose suitable people to be guardians. He also had to talk to his lawyer about putting Travis's name on his business.

Travis walked about the bedroom and bathroom grabbing several things and filling up suitcases, by the time he had finished that up he turned around noticing that he had two more suitcases and one for Lolita. Next would be the trinkets and such, he made his way out into the hallway and went to a closet. He pulled out two small boxes and made sure that they were sturdy enough to hold his things. Travis set those in the living room and then went about the small apartment grabbing a few things off shelves and out of cabinets. Those two boxes were packed full and he walked to the bedroom grabbing the suitcases and rolling two out into the living room and then went back for the third one.

"Well this is everything that I own" Travis said but like other times when he would sound depressed saying that he sounded kind of happy that he didn't own that much. "I have some money saved up and I don't think it will cost that much to ship all my things" Travis told Kaleb and then walked over to his kitchen to get a glass of water before they headed back out.

Kaleb nodded his head to Travis before he stood and took two boxes. "Well, it's not too expensive to ship things as long as it's in bulk, which by how much this weighs, I think you'd be fine. And you can take one of the suit cases as carry on on the plane since they aren't that big," he said to Travis. He walked out of the apartment and headed down to the car putting things in the trunk. He went back up and grabbed the last box and one of the suit cases before he went back down.

Travis nodded his head and grabbed two of the suitcases, though he remembered that he already had a suit case at the house along with a bag of Lolita's things and his laptop. He had yet to get on the thing since he moved to that house but it wasn't like there was much for to do on it, he would check his bank account and sometimes check out the stock market. Other then those things he had one online college course and soon he would have to transfer all of them online so that way he could continue. Which reminded him that he had to let his few friends know that he wouldn't be in town anymore.

He walked down with the bags and put them in the car, after finishing up with that he walked back inside and gave the key to Lyndi then said their final goodbyes. Travis walked back out of the apartment and turned to face the old building. So many memories and good times in that place but he had to move on, get out of this rut to move on with his life. Travis turned back to his brother and then got into the car, this was the last thing that he needed to do and then his life in this town would be over. "I'm ready when you are" Travis told Kaleb.

Kaleb nodded his head, and started the car, driving back to the house. "I'm gonna make some phone calls and set the flight up for Saturday. That okay with you?" he asked Travis after bringing in all of the things into the house. He would have to ship them, but he wanted Travis to go through everything to see what he wanted to take with him on the plane. He went to the kitchen and opened it. Not much was in there except for some beers, soda, and some random things like butter and jelly. "You want to order a pizza? My treat," he asked Travis. The TV in the living room was still there so they could sit in there and watch some movies or something.

After helping to bring in his stuff Travis walked into the kitchen to feed Lolita and then he turned to his brother "Saturday is fine with me" he said shrugging his shoulder and then moved towards the living room. "Pizza sounds fine" though Travis probably wasn't going to eat much of it and he hoped that Kaleb didn't order a lot. "Hey get some type of soda while you're at it" Travis called once he sat down in the living room. Travis was getting a bit tried of coffee and water, soda would be a nice change. Travis turned on the tv and started to flip through the channels until he came to the cooking channel, even though he hardly ate food this channel always seemed to entertain him. Travis would think of all the ways that he would change the dishes they were making to make them better or wonder about how they would taste.

"Okay, coke alright with you? And do you want anything on the Pizza?" he asked Travis, taking out the menu from their favorite place as kids. He would bring Travis there after school every once in awhile and would get them food before going home. The owner was always so nice to them. He sat down on the floor next to Travis's legs, since he liked the floor better. He leaned back though and rested his head. He was tired but he had a lot of things to set up so he couldn't sleep right now.

Travis nodded his head and then thought better of it, his brother probably couldn't see it "Coke's good" he said softly and felt his brother walk into the living room. His focus was still on the tv, the chief was making some kind of salmon dish with a few sides. Travis had already come up with many different ways that he would go about cooking the fish or marinating it and at least one side dish that would go better. "Just the usual on the pizza...you know like when we were little" Travis said absentmindedly and then glanced at his brother. Normally being this close to someone else would have made Travis fidget before but his brother's presence was familiar and it seemed to soothe him. Travis leaned forward a little bit on his brother and looked up into his face "You looked exhausted, maybe you should take a nap or something" he said to Kaleb and then just stayed in the position he was, partially leaning on his brother.

Kaleb nodded his head and called, getting half black olives and all pepperoni. He told the guy everything and also ordered a coke. He then told him the address and his number. He then set his phone aside, just as Travis leaned against him. He was watching the tv as well, his hand taking Travis's hand and holding it while they watched tv. He didn't really think about it much. "It's okay, I have to get some stuff set up before I can go to bed, so I rather wait," he said softly to Travis.

This felt almost normal and Travis relaxed more. He was enjoying this right now but he wished that his brother would get some sleep. He would wake him when the food came but he wasn't going to push Kaleb to sleep. Travis shifted a little bit so his back was comfortable and squeezed Kaleb's hand lightly "Don't wear yourself out" he said softly and then turned his attention to the tv.

He wasn't sure when it started but even Travis was thinking about getting some sleep right here with his brother so close, he wanted to cuddle up to him and sleep. It might have been because they used to do it when they were little but back then it was because Travis was scared. Now it felt like he wanted to get closer to his brother, so close that maybe Kaleb couldn't live without him. Travis quickly shook that thought from his head, it was absurd for him to want to monopolize his brother like a girlfriend would. It was true that Travis didn't have a problem sleeping with guys or having a relationship with one but for him to be thinking like that about his brother was wrong...wasn't it.

Kaleb nodded his head to Travis and stayed like that for the time being. He felt so good just sitting there with his brother, holding his hand in his and feeling like nothing would come and hurt them now. At least, Kaleb would not allow anything else to happen to Travis. Even in New York, he'd probably show Travis around and teach him how to use pepper spray and such. He was already thinking about what to do. He looked down at Travis and smiled softly, happy that he had his brother back. Just then the bell rang and Kaleb let go of Travis's hand to get up and go get the pizza. He went to the door and paid the man, and gave him a tip, putting the Pizza in the kitchen a moment. He went to the living room with the soda bottle, cups and plates before he went back and put the Pizza box on the coffee table in front of them.

Travis was a little sad when the pizza arrived but his stomach growled and he let it go. He relaxed against the small couch that was there and waited for his brother to come back with the food. He would at least try to eat a slice and if nothing else he would drink the soda. Travis moved so he was laying on the couch now and reached out to snag the soda. He poured a cup full for both of them and then started to sip at it, the drink tasted wonderful and he couldn't remember why he had stopped drinking the stuff. "So what should we watch? I mean I'm sure you don't want to watch the cooking channel all night" Travis said with a smile then set his drink on the nearest table. He grabbed a plate and pulled a slice of pizza onto then sat up on the couch. He looked down at the food and his stomach flipped a little bit, Travis closed his eyes and tried to think of a good memory of him eating pizza. Sometimes that worked for him but as he opened his eyes and looked at the pizza nothing had changed. All he could think about was eating the pizza and then a few seconds later it coming back up. His body was so used to it that it just did it automatically now and that was from his father's conditioning. Another game that the sick man loved to play.

Kaleb shrugged, he didn't mind just watching the cooking channel. He was sipping his drink and watched Travis, knowing that look anywhere. He set his cup on the table and stood up. Kaleb suddenly lifted Travis up and sat him on his lap, hugging him. "I'll eat once your done," he said softly to Travis. Kaleb was warm and he hoped that the hug worked once more like it had earlier that day. He kept a strong but not tight grip on his brother, wanting him to be able to eat in peace.