Beatdown! Character Select Screen (OoC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
And my character has the structural integrity of paper maché. I think if you use your specials, and they succeed, then you could easily get ahead. Plus positioning, that also looks to be important for you, mostly for 'Weight of Weatlh' but I'm sure if I lookat it again there'll be more that's revealed. What I'm terrified of is Guy since Connor doesn't have high bulk, it's negative in fact, and Guy probably wouldn't give a damn if Connor's hitting him without Lion's Maw active.

And my character has the structural integrity of paper maché. I think if you use your specials, and they succeed, then you could easily get ahead. Plus positioning, that also looks to be important for you, mostly for 'Weight of Weatlh' but I'm sure if I lookat it again there'll be more that's revealed. What I'm terrified of is Guy since Connor doesn't have high bulk, it's negative in fact, and Guy probably wouldn't give a damn if Connor's hitting him without Lion's Maw active.
I have no idea what your talking about. *Brawn of 7, Bulk of 9* but would you like some advice? If not I'm telling you anyway: Being able to bash through solid concrete with a jab lets Guy keep the fight dynamic wherever he goes. He also likes throwing cars, throwing cars is nice.

And Connor has a bulk of -4 and a brawn of 1, ignore what it says on the front I misread the debuffs. With a bulk of 9, I don't think Guy will care much if he gets hit. And if someone with a brawn of 7 hits someone with a bulk of -4, then it's going to hurt the guy with a low bulk. However, since Guy has negative speed, zero combo, and negative special, how efficiently he can dish out the damage is questionable. Meanwhile Connor has 5 combo, 2 speed, and five special, Connor might be able to out pace him in damage output if he manages to avoid Guy's hits.

And Connor has a bulk of -4 and a brawn of 1, ignore what it says on the front I misread the debuffs. With a bulk of 9, I don't think Guy will care much if he gets hit. And if someone with a brawn of 7 hits someone with a bulk of -4, then it's going to hurt the guy with a low bulk. However, since Guy has negative speed, zero combo, and negative special, how efficiently he can dish out the damage is questionable. Meanwhile Connor has 5 combo, 2 speed, and five special, Connor might be able to out pace him in damage output if he manages to avoid Guy's hits.
His speed is zero, his special and combo are negative. He was ment to be a literal tank: not too fast, can't hit a whole lot in one sitting but armored as hell and one hit can be devastating. It would take seven normal hits by Connor to match one of The Guy's, and a negative bulk wont take that well.

Well, since we've got some time, let's start front-loading some Vs. Debates! Keep in mind that the order of fights could be massively different from this, as people try to pursue certain targets for easy victories.

Since we're already doing
Conner McKinnely VS The Guy, let's just keep it going.

Personally, I think that Conner doesn't really have the firepower to contend Guy in a slugfest, and Guy's chain is going to make hit-and-run attacks pretty difficult. Connor's got a lot of versatility, but I don't think it's enough to help against such overwhelming brute power.

I'm voting for Guy, but what about the rest of you?

I don't know... But if he uses iron will and steel lotus he might be able to take one of the guy's hits and launch a decent combo...

I have a question. Since Guy has low speed and special, would his chain be predictable? You see him winding up for it and know what he's going to do so you get ready to jump out of the way.

I have a question. Since Guy has low speed and special, would his chain be predictable? You see him winding up for it and know what he's going to do so you get ready to jump out of the way.

It probably would be. That said, Haggar's pipe from MvC3 is pretty slow, and that thing is pretty much impossible to dodge. It wouldn't be out of the question for Connor to just Wombo Combo the shit out of Guy.

It probably would be. That said, Haggar's pipe from MvC3 is pretty slow, and that thing is pretty much impossible to dodge. It wouldn't be out of the question for Connor to just Wombo Combo the shit out of Guy.
But how effective would the stunning effects from his attacks be? With a bulk of nine couldn't Guy tough out the attacks and land a heavy hit?

That was what I was thinking unless Connor empowered his attacks with Lion's Maw and saved Iron Will for when he Meditates to regain as much health as possible. And if it's a grab when the chain hits, then I'm guessing Guy pulls the chain back to him to give whoever's caught a good bashing before tossing them.

Out of curiosity, does anyone here play Marvel VS. Capcom? It's my fighting game of choice, so a lot of my analogies are going to come from there.

Out of curiosity, does anyone here play Marvel VS. Capcom? It's my fighting game of choice, so a lot of my analogies are going to come from there.
Hell yeah! Phoenix Wright is best character!

Hell yeah! Phoenix Wright is best character!

You've got good taste. I can't play him for shit, but he's so much fun. Mostly, I just play Chun-Li, because she's really good.

Anyway, I wanted to use UMvC3 as an example, because I'm equating Guy's chain to Haggar's pipe. Connor comes in, going in with some huge combo, but he gets chained mid-rush, breaking him out of his attack and leaving him open for a huge assault.

I do think the fight between them would be close, but I think it would go to Guy in the end.

I play melee and main fox, peach, marth. In MVC my team is Dante, Wolverine, Doc Doom

Smash bros wii u/3ds was my favorite. Kirby gon give it to ya. ROY'S MY BOY!

Smash bros wii u/3ds was my favorite. Kirby gon give it to ya. ROY'S MY BOY!

I LIKE IKE
IKE LIKES ME
HE FIGHTS FOR HIS FRIENDS
AND I FIGHT FOR HIM

Anyway, so far, I'm the only one to give a vote either way in the first Beatdown VS debate.

Off stage neutral special. I call it the tactical nuke. Only when I land it though. Otherwise it's an accident.

I would give it to guy in the fight, He's almost a literal tank to go against, and Conner in my opinion can't deal the damage to take him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.