Beatdown! Character Select Screen (OoC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Hime Ojo
Appearance:
images-20.jpg
History: Hime Ojo, a name known around the world by everyone from high ranking politicians to the poorest of paupers, nearly every woman wants to be her and nearly every man wants her.

She made her vast fortune through several means, at first using her looks to become a model and actress, she soon expanded by purchasing several businesses and within a few years her investments had made her a major player in the world of business.

Though her life seems perfect and her wealth is near unlimited, there are some things it cannot acquire... Such as cures for the incurable, though obviously curing the incurable would bring a hefty profit, she has rather more personal use in mind...
Gimmick: Beautiful Star
Theme Song:
--Stats--
Bulk: 1
Brawn: 2
Combo: 3
Speed: 4
Special: 3
--Special Moves--
1: Weight of Wealth: Hime leaps into the air before increasing her own weight massively and striking the ground or her opponent, causing either a shockwave or direct damage.
2: Economy Uppercut: Hime delivers an uppercut to knock her opponent into the air before leaping up and knocking them back down, she then attempts to repeat this.
3: Dazzle: Hime attempts to grab an opponent and upon succeeding shows a picture of her enormous treasure vaukts, stunning the enemy for several moments as they try to comprehend her wealth.
4: Interest: Hime flicks a coin at her opponent, while not very powerful in itself, each coin is marginally more powerful than the last.

Last edited:
I will find a fitting theme eventually!... I hope...

Also, @Crono don't forget to do your special moves. Admittedly, they're going to be really ass, because you're special stat is -3, but I'm rooting for you.
Is that better? I'm in no way unwilling to compromise. Ah, I should probably mention that Deavolo will communicating with the Guy on a earpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "calling in a favor" special reminds me of Skull Girl for some reason.

Name: Hime Ojo
Appearance:
View attachment 123781
History: Hime Ojo, a name known around the world by everyone from high ranking politicians to the poorest of paupers, nearly every woman wants to be her and nearly every man wants her.

She made her vast fortune through several means, at first using her looks to become a model and actress, she soon expanded by purchasing several businesses and within a few years her investments had made her a major player in the world of business.

Though her life seems perfect and her wealth is near unlimited, there are some things it cannot acquire... Such as cures for the incurable, though obviously curing the incurable would bring a hefty profit, she has rather more personal use in mind...
Gimmick: Beautiful Star
Theme Song:
--Stats--
Bulk: 1
Brawn: 2
Combo: 3
Speed: 4
Special: 3
--Special Moves--
1: Weight of Wealth: Hime leaps into the air before increasing her own weight massively and striking the ground or her opponent, causing either a shockwave or direct damage.
2: Economy Uppercut: Hime delivers an uppercut to knock her opponent into the air before leaping up and knocking them back down, she then attempts to repeat this.
3: Dazzle: Hime attempts to grab an opponent and upon succeeding shows a picture of her enormous treasure vaukts, stunning the enemy for several moments as they try to comprehend her wealth.
4: Interest: Hime flicks a coin at her opponent, while not very powerful in itself, each coin is marginally more powerful than the last.

It looks great, I'll fit you in the character roster.
Is that better? I'm in no way unwilling to compromise. Ah, I should probably mention that Deavolo will communicating with the Guy on a earpiece.
That's great man. (If their communicating via earpiece, does that mean he'll have a Snake-Commander bit going on? Because that's cool.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
I wrote her almost as a joke character then got really attached to it...

It looks great, I'll fit you in the character roster.

That's great man. (If their communicating via earpiece, does that mean he'll have a Snake-Commander bit going on? Because that's cool.
Yeah but it probably be like:
"Guy, this asshole spins around a lot. Got it?"
"..."
"... Ok you got it, good."

"..."

It's perfect.

• Thank You
Reactions: Crono
"..."
Hmm... I kinda wondee what info you could find about Hime...

@Eon
I did my character, is that okay or any changes?

Holy shit, I'd totally missed the second half of page 2. Anyway, your character is great. I'll add him to the roster now.

Reactions: Ginutusu
Holy shit, I'd totally missed the second half of page 2. Anyway, your character is great. I'll add him to the roster now.
It's no problem lol just wanting to make sure everything is fine.

It's no problem lol just wanting to make sure everything is fine.

Thanks for understanding.

As to your earlier query: fights will be decided via the oldest and most holy of methods, THE VS DEBATE. Ideally, we'll have some 'scouting rounds' where characters interact, fight, and trash cars while we decide matchups and their winners.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ginutusu
Hmm... I kinda wondee what info you could find about Hime...
Diavolo would probably only be interested in the immense wealth part, and maybe a nude or two, but he may uncover some dirt if the situation arises.

Thanks for understanding.

As to your earlier query: fights will be decided via the oldest and most holy of methods, THE VS DEBATE. Ideally, we'll have some 'scouting rounds' where characters interact, fight, and trash cars while we decide matchups and their winners.
Which raises another question, where will these fights take place?

Which raises another question, where will these fights take place?

I assumed we'd just talk it out. If ya'll would prefer something more formal, we could each create a stage for our characters, and then decide in some manner or another who fights on who's stage.

My vision for this was that character's would actively pursue other characters in an attempt to eliminate them from the Beatdown Tournament. This way, we could set up fights by having one character start trashing stuff in another's turf, attempting to draw them out.

Connor would certainly be the kind of guy that would want the fight in an arena of some sort.

The abandoned, ruined half of Generic City is absolutely where The Guy would fight, and is also where he would be found.

Aster would mostly like fight in a area with the other challenges, or in his masters castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.