Beatdown! Character Select Screen (OoC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
im claiming speed demon by the way

so do we take out the debuffs points from the gimmiks before hand ?

I assumed that people would pick their Gimmicks before assigning their stat points, but go ahead and do it in whatever way pleases you. It doesn't affect the math much.

Victor Ishikawa AKA
VICIOUS

[Age]

[Appearance]
Vicious is a tall, muscled man with tanned skin. He has spiked dark hair that he likes to slick back , and a stubble across his jawline.He is commonly seen shirtless and wearing white karate pants with gold trims and a white tiger fur that raps around his waist. His feet and and hands are wrapped in bandages. His body is covered in scars and a chain tatted around his neck with a large scar ripping through it on the right side of his neck.

[History]
An orphan that was raised by the head of an Underground syndicate , who grew up to become one of the worlds most dangerous man , and manged to make it on almost every goverments most wanted list. Starting off as an attack dog for the Zai syndicate , Victor Ishikawa aka VICIOUS was the one they sent to when they needed someone to die a painfull death . A few yeats ago during a secret meeting between the leaders of the Zai syndicate, Victor committed mutiny and ended up killing everyone inorder to take complete control . Since then The Zai Syndicate was known as the white Fang Syndicate with Victor as there leader.

[Gimmick]
SPEED DEMON

[Theme Song]

[--Stats--]

Bulk: 0 -4
Brawn: 0 -4
Combo: 0 +3
Speed: 5 ×2
Special: 5

[Special moves]

*SONIC CHAOS*
Vicious's Adrenaline reaches its peek allowing Him to move at a extremely high speed.

*GAT STRIKE*
Viscous releases a high speed combo that matches the firing pattern of a gatling gun.

*.22 SWIFT*
A punch that travels at a high speed that creates a sonic boom effect that can damage anything infront of its path .

*.122 SWIFT *
Only when Vicious enters Sonic Chaos? He doubles the speed of his .22 Swift creating an even stronger Sonic boom that can even break through the strongest of metals

Last edited:
hope i got the theme choice right lol

hope i got the theme choice right lol

Well, it's not Green Hill Zone But it is technically Eurobeat, so I suppose it gets a pass.

Also, is your character a Cowboy Bebop reference? Because that's pretty rad, space cowboy.

lol yes it is . im one of those closet fanboys , even named two of my muts after spike and viscous lol

lol yes it is . im one of those closet fanboys , even named two of my muts after spike and viscous lol

Nice. Those are pretty good dog names, plus, they're generic enough that nobody would think twice about them, unless they got the referance.

I'd like to remind people to make sure to write out their Special moves.

Hmm are we allowed meta human character? I'm kind of leaning towards the Outsider but she's not off-world but rather out of touch with civilization XD so to speak but I'm also considering the Speed Demon one.

Name: Connor McKinley
Appearance: Connor has aged rather well. Standing at a confident 6' tall, his body is hardened from training. That doesn't mean he's tough, that just means he's got a six pack at his age. He has brown hair, that are white on the sides. He is all angles, sharp and pointed. He has a distinct air of Scittishness about him.
History: Connor is by far the youngest "Ancient" Master in existence, all those previous being nearly a century old and all Asian to boot. Well he's gone and proved that you don't have to be a century old and Asian to be an "Ancient" Master. All you have to be is somewhat old and know how to use the knowledge you were given on fighting. Which is actually easier said then done, instincts tend to over ride some things and when instincts are needed students ignore them and try to be rational. In the off chance that he does get the gauntlet, he'll do something with it. He doesn't know what, but it'll be something.
Gimmick: "Ancient" Master
Theme Song:
--Stats--
Bulk: 2 (-4)
Brawn: 2 (-1)
Combo: 2 (+3)
Speed: 2
Special: 2 (+3)
--Special Moves--
1: Iron Will: Connor hardens his resolve and manifests it as a shell as strong as iron. Halves incoming damage. Strong enough attacks can break this shell and stagger him, those attacks usually being Special Moves. Usually
2: Steel Lotus: Prevents his attacks from being interrupted by staggers. Often used in conjunction with Iron Will.
3: Lion's Maw: Channels his inner rage to empower his attacks for the next few seconds. Used with Steel Lotus to maximize damage output, though giving up the defensive bonus of Iron Will.
4: Meditation: Used to recover an amount of hp. Leaves him immobilized but with an increased defense. Used with Iron Will to maximize health regained.

Last edited:
Hmm are we allowed meta human character? I'm kind of leaning towards the Outsider but she's not off-world but rather out of touch with civilization XD so to speak but I'm also considering the Speed Demon one.

Most fighting game characters are superhuman in some regard. Generally, nobody except the guy getting his car trashed will seem to notice/care about the blatantly superhuman abilities of your character. Dhalsim can teleport, for example. And you're free to re-flavor the exact nature of any Gimmick to suit your needs.

Due keep in mind that someone has already claimed Speed Demon, and no two people can have the same Gimmick. Beatdown! doesn't do clone characters.

(Unless we do an All-stars round someday.)

Also, @Crono don't forget to do your special moves. Admittedly, they're going to be really ass, because you're special stat is -3, but I'm rooting for you.

Oh, lower brawn by 1. I thought it was a -3 for brawn. I'm not complaining though.

Hey just saw this and I'm interested, if I join I'll take Epic Hero. I have one question how will fights be played like?

Hey! Just returned from a minor hiatus (internet outage).
I'd like to claim Beautiful Star.

Reactions: Captain808
Name: Aster Yorick
Appearance:
History: Aster is a mystic man that dabbles in the dark arts to use magic to help him combat the unknown. He was taken in as a apprentice from his family at a young age by his master, Dormin, to help him gain back the powerful weapon know was the Champion's Gauntlet. A weapon that powerful in the wrong hands could cause chaos across the universe and possible bring the destruction to everything. For years under Dormin teachings, Aster grew into a power mystic and now is ready to win back the Champion's Gauntlet for the safety of everyone.
Gimmick: Epic Hero
Theme Song:
--Stats--
Bulk: 2
Brawn: 3
Combo: 1
Speed: 1
Special: 3
--Special Moves--
1. Mystic Shot: Aster conjures a ball of energy then fires at it at his opponent. Aster can cancel the shot at will to fake out his opponents.
2. Binding Chains: Aster creates magically chains and throws then at his enemies and it hit temporarily renders their movement.
3. Protective Barrier: A wall of divine energy is called forth in front of Aster to defend him from on coming attacks, however; enough damage can destroy the spell.
4. Realm Warp: Aster teleports either closer or away from his target. This spell can be used only a certain amount of times in a battle. While teleporting Aster can fire off a Mystic Shot.
5. Overdrive: Aster lets the overloud of magic run though his body and mind causing a increase in power. Spells cast in this form are evolved into greater spells. Once over Aster loses his spell and drops in strength.

Attachments

• IMG_3339.JPG
    IMG_3339.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Captain808
Status
Not open for further replies.