Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
j a c e
Jace stayed quiet as he drove and listened to her date idea suggestions. They all seemed good and exciting to Jace. He honestly wouldn't have been able to come up with anything better, so he was content with what Embry proposed.

His face split into a smile when she mentioned skateboarding. "Oh, I would love nothing more than to teach you how to skateboard," he said happily as he parked in the Walmart parking lot. His shiny car looked very out of place among the battered trucks and rusty Toyotas. He wouldn't be surprised if he came back and it was completely absent. "And your other ideas sound great."

E M B R Y
"Thank you, I didn't even need the Google's help. So, it's a date?" Embry quipped and unbuckled her seatbelt. She grinned, happy he accepted her last request graciously. afterall, she really did want to learn, it was always so cool to her, but difficult as well. It was not her strong suit.

Embry paused when looking out the window. No doubt she was having the same thought as him."We should make this a quick trip."

j a c e
"I completely agree."

The two rock stars walked into the store and as soon as they stepped over the threshold, people started looking. Because they were famous? Or because they didn't fit in, with their obviously expensive clothes and even more expensive tattoos? Whatever the reason, Jace didn't particularly care. He was used to stares.

They found the gloves and Jace tried on a couple of pairs before finding a good fit.​

E M B R Y
Embry watched him from the side and ended up picking up her own set of gloves, knitted, it was really a set that included a hat and scarf. Though she was totally ogling a Spider-man set than a Batman one, unfortunately, they were children's sets. She swore it was utterly frustrating to see these stores only carry that type of purchase in children's sizes. There were adult fangirls and boys too.

But, it was really just the picking out the ice skates that took a while. Finding the right size was easy, it was just finding the right brand. The skates were an important asset, which was why she decided not to rent them, besides the fact that she did not like wearing footwear other people wore.

However, in the end, after getting what they need and ignoring any starring received, it was a quick trip as they agreed to. "I think the clerk recognized you." Embry stated."But she was totally giving me the stank eye."

Last edited:
j a c e
"Really?" Jace hadn't noticed the girl behind the cash register at all. No, he had been too busy exciting over the prospect of teaching Embry how to skateboard, and learning how to ice skate. "Well, she's probably just jealous of you. She didn't have pretty hair." Not that he would know, he hadn't even looked at her.

Jace drove to the ice rink and, once they were inside, put on his skates. There was no one else there, not because they had rented the venue out but because no one really went ice-skating in the summer. Jace was surprised anyone was even working there at the time, but he took the opportunity anyway.​

E M B R Y
It always amazed Embry how they always kept ice rinks cold in every season. Although, her mind didn't dwell on that too long because once she was on the ice she was thinking about the fun they were going to have. She couldn't remember the last time she went ice skating, with anyone, yet her skills hadn't rusted in the least.

She didn't go off and do her own thing. As fun as that might have been, the fun was always greater with more than one. And she was completely serious about teaching Jace to skate. So, she stood by the railing.
"Do you need me to hold your hands?"

j a c e
"No, I do not need your help, I am a strong, independent woman who doesn't need the patriarchy."

Jace managed to get onto the rink himself, but as soon as his skates touched the ice he had to frantically grab hold of the railing to prevent himself from slipping on the ice and dying. It really was a lot harder than it looked, and Jace's staggering height and lack of grace didn't really help.

He turned to Embry with an embarrassed look. "Okay, maybe I might need a bit of help," he admitted with a little laugh. "I could never be an actual stripper, I'm completely uncoordinated."

E M B R Y
"As can be seen." Embry laughed and reached a hand out for him to grab.."Don't worry about it. The world doesn't need jace Lesecki to be a proffesional stripper. It'd be too much for them to handle."

"You just need to geta feel of the ice and then they key is all in the balance." She snapped her fingers."Kind of like rollerblading. Just, bend your knees and lean foward a little." As an example, she demostrated by doing so.

j a c e
Jace followed her lead and her instructions, and in a matter of half an hour, he was skating along by himself. He could turn and stay upright and slow down and speed up, and the huge grin on his face indicated that he was very fucking proud of himself.

"We could enter the Olympics for ice-skating and competitive sarcasm," he suggested to Embry as he skated alongside her, his hand linked with hers. "Is that a good date idea? We can do the bleach shots afterwards."

E M B R Y
Embry rolled her eyes good-naturedly, amused."Now that there sounds very ideal. I know for certain we'd win on the competitive sarcasm. It's our sixth sense." She gave a thumbs up on it, with her free hand and smirked mirthfully.

She gripped Jace's hand tighter when she started to wobble suddenly, while she had her other hand out in front of her."Wait, I think my - " Naturally she was unable to finish her sentence and instead shrieked because the blonde had slipped up and fallen on her back and dragged Jace down with her.​

Last edited:
j a c e
Jace hit the ice with a hard thud, but he didn't care. He had flung his arm out to stop Embry from getting hurt, so his forearm rested beneath her head, like a pillow that prevented concussions. Breathing heavily from the shock, Jace turned onto his side and looked down at her.

"Are you okay?" he breathed, raising his other gloved hand to turn her head slightly to make sure she wasn't bruised or bleeding. He knew people could get seriously injured from falling on ice and he didn't want anything to happen to Embry.

It occurred to Jace just how close their faces were. He could lean in and kiss her if he wanted to -- and he did, but he refrained from doing so, because that would be creepy. He licked his lips as he waited for her response.​

E M B R Y
Embry had shut her eyes and waited for the impact of the frozen ground to collide with her head. Yet, when she felt a different, much softer feeling against her head, she opened her eyes to stare into his blue ones. She blinked her eyes once or twice, a little distracted by their closeness.

"Yes." She answered after a moment of quietness, her cheeks tinted a tender pink."Just my ankle." She didn't bother to finish. The only reason it was hurt was the same reason she had slipped, she hadn't laced her skates tight enough. At the moment, she was more focused on him.

Sucking in a sharp breath, she was quick to remember that she had dragged him down. And he broke her fall, as well as limited her injuries. "What about you? Are you hurt?" She grabbed his chin, turning his head left to right, checking for any injuries.

j a c e
"I'm..."

Jace trailed off. He was so close to her that he could smell her -- the scent of her breath and her mints and her lipstick and her perfume. They were all delicious, mouth-watering scents and Jace was mesmerised by her.

Well, he always was, technically. But now more than ever.

"I'm fine."

Jace leaned in and kissed her. He kept his arm beneath her head, and the other hand cradled the side of her face. He kissed her tenderly but passionately enough to convey his feelings. His silver lip ring pressed against her skin and his eyes slowly closed.

E M B R Y
When Jace pressed his lips against her own she was only startled partially. The idea of the two of them locking lips had crossed her mind many times, especially when she had first came to realize the little distance between them. And now, she was melting into this kiss, eyes fluttering shut, even placing her hand behind his neck for not only a sense of security, but so she could also deepen thier kiss.

She didn't think, she couldn't think. As cheesy as it sounded, all she could do was feel. Feel her palpitating heart, the warmth in the pit of her stomach and chest, her hand moving from his neck and instead her fingers getting tangled in his hair. However, it was just the taste of his lips that made her realize that she was falling for Jace Lesecki. And that was enough to frighten and excite her at the same time.

j a c e
When Embry deepened the kiss he couldn't help but moan a little, his lips locking onto hers and his hand sliding down to rest on her shoulder. Jace sat up, pulling her up with him so she straddled his lap.

He pulled away, resting his forehead on hers and gasping for air. His hands found themselves in her blonde hair and he smiled.

"Was that okay?"

E M B R Y
The corners of Embry's mouth quirked upward into a smile of her own as she gazed at him through her sheer curtain of blonde locks. "It was more than okay." She breathed, answering sincerely as she relaxed, shoulders falling into a slump."It was perfect."

"We should do this again some time."
It may have sounded like a jest, but she was serious. Well, not the falling on ice part anyway only the part that happened afterward.

Last edited:
j a c e
Jace gently pushed her stray hair out of her face, looking into her pretty eyes as he bit his lip. His gaze flickered between her lips and her eyes, before leaning in and kissing her again.

No time like the present, right?

He enjoyed kissing her. But he kept this kiss short, yet passionate, pulling back sooner than he would have liked to but trying to be respectful.

"Should we get up now?" he asked, nodding to the ice they were seated upon.

E M B R Y
"I think it would be wise to do so." Embry answered slowly."It is kinda cold down here." Not that she came to realize it until now, she had been, still was, focused on other things, him. But even now she was warm, on the inside anyway.

She dropped her hands from and eventually removed herself from his lap. Swiftly she tied her laces tighter so that she wouldn't fall again and risk getting hurt. Or drag Jace down with her again.

"Here."
The blonde offered her hand once she was standing again.

j a c e

Jace could have stayed on this ice and made out with Embry forever, but he honestly was kind of getting cold, so he got to his feet and skated to the edge with Embry. Soon enough, they were back in his car, and Jace's hands were on the wheel but he wasn't moving.

"Where to?" he asked Embry. He didn't know if they were a couple or if she wanted to go home or back to his place or even if she was mad at him for kissing her without asking for permission beforehand. He would do whatever he told her because he wanted to make sure she was as comfortable as she possibly could be.​

E M B R Y
"Anywhere is fine with me."

Embry sat quietly, wrapped up in her own thoughts, and was noticeably keeping a respectful distance from Jace. Well, as distant as possible seeing how they were in a car. She wasn't particularly upset with Jace about him kissing her, how could she be when she kissed him back. If anything she was upset afterward, liking asking her she would be his girlfriend.

Then again, maybe he was waiting to ask her...Or was even planning to ask her.Ugh, she was overthinking things and being too self-conscious just because of a kiss. But when she really pondered over it, she wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to. They were already so many obstacles in their way as it was and they weren't even official.

Embry was sure that he liked her, and she liked him, but did he want to them to be a real couple? "Jace." She began."We're not just fooling around,right? Orion said...nevermind." She cut herself short.

Last edited: