Banished From Equestria (Roleplay)

• Thread starter The Wandering Magus
  • Start date
She giggled at the pony's rhyme - "It's nice to meet you, Jenkens! I hope we can be good friends!" - Tian shook the ponies hoof, smiling even wider than before. - "Right now, me and two other mares..." - She pointed at Morning Glory and Aqua at the river - "...came to the river to wash up, we had a pretty bad time this last night. There are some other ponies at the camp we had settled for this night, inside a cavern at that direction." - She pointed to the direction where they had come from. - "If you don't mind waiting, we can guide you there after we finish here, but if you want, you can go right in that direction and it shouldn't be hard to find the place. You can just say Tian told you about the group, and you want to join us. It will be fine."

"Ah well" Jenkens looks embarrassed after realising why the mare was out here "Y yes me getting out the way would probably be best A a Gentleman cant exactly stay around such..... urrmm activities" Jenkens takes a quick glance in the way of the cave "urrm well considering the situation it may be for the best that I wait to one side, your company may get concerned with a random pony approaching especially if you had a foul night... Ill see about gathering some more fruit and berries no doubt you all must be hungry, and so far this clearing doesn't seem to be poisonous "

((sorry but this is my final post of the night))

"Okay then, if you thinks it's best. We'll meet around here when we are done. I don't usally take long, but I guess one of my friends is the type to take her time... So, if you get tired of waiting, you can go ahead to the cave. They may get a little concerned, but as I said, they are all good ponies. When they see you mean no threat to them, they will treat you well." - She smiled and started to trot toward the other mares. She looked back at Jenkens and waved a hoof. - "See ya later! Try not to get lost and be careful with what you pick. You don't want to touch a poison joke!" - She giggled and kept going her way.

Getting at the river, she saw Morning already inside the river, and Aqua still outside. - "Sorry for taking so long, but when I went to look at the berries I ended up finding another addition to our group. He looks like a good addition, not a problematic one." - She said, starting to prepare herself to enter the water. She took off her clothes, hooflets, legbands and the ties from hear mane and tail. Her cream colored coat was now fully exposed, and her straight dark gray mane and tail revealed to be much longer than it looked like, her mane almost reaching the ground and more than a quarter of her tail lying on it. She slowly entered the water, feeling the cold relax every muscle it touches. - "Wow, this water is simply perfect! How I love a cold bath..." - She said, slowly getting deeper and deeper into the water, until she had to lay down to get every inch of her body covered by water. She stayed submerged by almost half a minute, her hair floating on the water's surface, until she took her head outside again.

As the other two ponies conversed Night Fall turned his attention to their supplies. They would need more food, that was certain. Night Fall grabbed his satchel, and some of the empty water containers from the cart, and walked out of the cave. Normally he despised the sunlight. It hurt his eyes, and made him feel like he was on fire. Today however his eyes felt fine, and the light felt warm and comforting. He stretched his leathery wings out, letting the sunlight soak in. What was going on? Why did he seem so different? Was this Luna's doing? Night Fall pushed the questions away. He had more important things to get to.

Night fall took to the air. A soft, warm wind blew through the tops of the trees, rustling the pine needles. Night fall found a lone cloud to perch on. He sat on the cloud, listening. He heard the soft sound of water, and not so soft sound of ponies, and made his way in that direction. He came to the river rather quickly, and set down near where the other ponies had gathered.

Wavelength suspected that the other ponies were probably wondering where he'd run off to by now... or if he'd been eaten by the wolves.
He was eager to introduce his new friend to them, but was unsure how to go about it given Bark Nose's current condition... or how he'd even be received. Wavelength looked toward the cave, then back at Bark Nose, without the slightest clue how to proceed.

Bark-nose looked at the hoof with some interest, although the two of them could still barely communicate even a simple "yes" or "no". The others of the Newpack had been surprised and pleased when the yellow creature had pitched in and helped bring food and other materials for patching up broken branches and cracked bark, and it was obvious that it wanted to be friendly, in its own way.

He still didn't know quite what to do, as a brand-new Alpha. He was dealing with issues one at a time, and hadn't really thought about any long-term plans yet. He had heard that the horn-hoofs could do something about letting creatures talk to one another, but the last time he had heard of a wolf speaking with the hooves was either when one or both were insane, or with that one yellow wing-hoof somewhere far to the sunset.

Morning Glory eagerly immersed herself in her bath, brushing water over her back and dunking her mane in the cool water. She as the other two mares joined her she nodded her head towards her many soaps and shampoos. "Certainly you can feel free to use what you need. There's nothing like being clean" The mare the took a deep breath and submerged her face in the water.

Now she was all wet, she went about scrubbing herself down, washing away the grime and sweat from the road. She spent several long minutes tending to her tired, cracked hooves before the alchemical process that was her shampooing began. She lathered on bottle after bottle of whatever she had, and soon her hair was glistening clean and shiny smooth. Once finished, she unwrapped a fluffy towel and laid on it on the riverbank while she applied lotion to her hooves and combed out her magnificent curls. A flurry of objects orbited her head as she worked, including a mirror, brush, comb, pins and ribbons until at last her mane was perfectly styled, every curl in place.

Aqua was a bit reluctant to slide into the cold pool, but quickly adjusted. "Oh... This is cold.." She didn't seem as tense, or serious anymore, instead relaxed. A few moments passed before she moved again, this time to dunk her not-so-clean head into the water. As the unicorn pulled her head from the water, she realized that there was still blood on her hooves. Aqua dipped her hooves in the water hoping Morning didn't notice, and quickly rinsed it off. "Did I ever catch your name?" Aqua looked to the other mare, her own mane dripping wet.

Wavelength finally made up his mind. One way or another, he needed to maintain contact with the cave group. He whinnied at Bark-nose to get his attention, bowed his head respectfully, and turned in the direction of the cave. He looked back at Bark-nose to see if his expression resembled any comprehension.

The timberwolf looked after the pony, tilting his head, then nodded and put his head back down in a waiting position.

Wavelength smiled and gave Bark-nose one last nod of acknowledgement before trotting off to the cave.

Tian looked at all the products Morning had brought. They all looked really expensive, and Tian was aways used to products extracted directly from the nature, but she didn't know if she would find what she needed around there, and didn't want to go searching for it when she was already enjoying her time at the river. She gave Morning a smile - "Thank, Morning! I promise not to use much..." - She looked at her long mane and tail. "I'll try, at least...." - She took a shampoo and started to apply it on her mane, then on her tail, trying not to waste anything. She finished by washing it in the river, and repeated the process with a coditioner. Still inside the river, she took a comb - "If you don't mind..." - and started to comb her mane, something that would take some time.

Meanwhile, Arty was still sleeping like a rock inside the cave, most of his body on the ground than over the cushion. He will be like that for a couple of hours if nopony try to wake him up.

Wavelength trotted up to the cave entrance and looked around, popping his helmet off. "Anypony in here?"

Arty's ears twitched at the sound of the pony's voice, but he didn't wake up. Instead, he just turned his body to the other side and let out a snore, as if he were answering the pony.

Majem jumped up at the sound of a new -to him at least- pony entering the cave. His horn began to glow and he took a battle stance. "Who are you and what do you want?" He asked quite angrily. He looked tired and grumpy, probably because he was tired.

Jenkens continued to fumble around at the forest encosure mostly gathering things like food berrys and other herbs he knew were safe all while mumbleing to himself
"well i didnt quite expect to find others out here, thought id avoided them all, still thet dont apear to be after me, might be safer to hover with them for now, company would me mighty fine consindering whom ive delt with"

Getting a similar response from Arty as he would have from a rock, Wavelength tried his luck with the grumpy--but quite a bit more awake--Majem. "Well, to answer your question quite simply, I'm Wavelength, and I want a medic," he said matter-of-factly.

Majem sighs and relaxes again, then sits down to answer Wavelength. "You don't seem hurt. You've got another friend? Boy, This party's turning out huge. Well, Wavelength, our medic's currently out for a bath. Knowing her, I guess she'll be back in about an hour." Majem now lies down and shifts his legs a bit to lie more comfortable. "Feel free to wait here while she returns. I'm not sure how much food we have, so I can't offer you any."

Wavelength shrugged and sat down next to the entrance. "Good point there. I should get some food in me... good thing I packed a lunch yesterday, huh?" He pulled a small bar--that looked not at all edible to Majem--out of his armored side-pocket and ate it before leaning back to take a nap of his own until the 'medic' returned.

A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the forelegs to rest, the warmth of the morning, the sweet sound of running water, all of these are enough, perhaps, to explain how it happened. But whatever the cause, Morning Glory, exhausted from the previous night, and perhaps a bit more exhausted than she had originally thought, fell completely unconscious where she sat in the water, leaning back against a soft bed of moss. She would be fine after a rest... perhaps a few hours or days of it, at any rate.

((Morning Glory is now an NPC until she returns))