Banished From Equestria (Roleplay)

• Thread starter The Wandering Magus
  • Start date
"Unless you've got a bubblebath, a mug o' cider and an apple pie, I'm afraid no." He said and chuckled at his own joke. "I just need some rest. Been on guard duty. I'm tired."

"I can take your place and guard a while, then!" Wavelength replied. "I need to get to know everypony here a bit better anyways."

"I wasn't planning on another shift so soon." Majem says and yawns. "Well, Wavelength was it? You'll have plenty of time to get to know the other ponies. Welcome to the refugees."

"I always wondered what it'd be like to be a refugee...," Wavelength chuckled. "I'd best get started with names. What was yours?"

"Majem. Ponyville." He said bluntly, got up and walked back towards the cave. "What brings you here, friend?"

Wavelength walked back to the cave with Majem. "Resonance cascade resulting from phason emitters hitting a green crystal at full power. ...In simpler terms, pumping energy into an alien shiny thing caused some problems. I broke the shiny thing to stop the problems and I appeared here." He held a hoof to his chin for a moment. "...That didn't simplify the story much, did it?"

"No, but I'm too tired to understand anything anyway. I guess it doesn't matter. We're here now." Majem sighs and drops his head. "I just want to go home, to be honest, but that's impossible. We'd need a revolution."

"I gather something's wrong with the government here... I'll spare you the questions for later. Sleep well!" Wavelength took Majem's place at the cave opening and sat down to stare at the forest outside.

He liked that... just staring at something, watching its reality play out before his eyes, taking in detail after detail as the trees rustled in the wind and the occasional bird flew past. Back at the research center, he was the first one to watch a beaker of water boil in person--and he'd enjoyed every moment of it.

Wavelength sighed. GPARC... I'm never going to see it again, am I? Just when I was about to go on leave for a year, too..., he thought sadly as he waited for somepony to talk to.

After a while, Tian finally finished cleaning, combing, or anything bath-related she could think on doing. Getting out of the water and borrowing a towel from Morning's pile, she dried herself and started tying her mane and tail again. - "Wow, that was refreshing! I never thought a bath could feel so good!" - She said cheerfully, putting her clothes back on. Then, she turned to Aqua - "Are you done already? The others may be already starting to get worried... We've been away for some time..."

Wavelength sat there at the cave entrance, watching the day go by for an hour. He daydreamed about the past events of the day... medieval ponies, wolves, more wolves, messy/pulpy pieces of wolves, kind wolves, a few more wolves for extra measure... and a cave with a few more medieval ponies. He hadn't even laid eyes on anything with a half-life under five years all day.
Wavelength sighed and smacked his lips, getting a little thirsty. He looked back to see if Majem had awoken yet. Though guard duty wasn't at all his job, he had volunteered, and didn't plan on leaving his post to find water unless somepony else took over.

((I had typed a response before the server swap... But it looks like it was lost in the nether spaces of the Internet...))

Farsight finally stirred. He had again fallen asleep under the comforting wing of Fatal, but now he had a bit more energy. He slowly extracted himself from that wing and stood, moving at a slow pace toward the cave mouth. He was still weak and tired, but he could function now. He stops at the cave mouth and leans against the mouth, staring out into the forest and sky...

Wavelength cleared his throat, gaining Farsight's attention. "I could use a water break. Mind keeping watch while I'm out?" he asked.

"Sure..." Farsight mumbles out, still stretching the soreness and tired out of his limbs. He lets out a yawn and leans up against the wall.

Wavelength nodded his thanks and trotted out of the cave--then paused and looked over his shoulder at Farsight. "Er, you wouldn't happen to know which direction a water source could be found in, would you? I could just search, but it'd be a bit inefficient."

Farsight shrugs, "I've been unconscious since the battle... But I think there was some in that direction..." He tells Wavelrngth, pointing a hoof off toward where he and Fatal had been searching for herbs and such before.

"All right, thanks!" Wavelength replied. "Hey, ya got a clean bucket or something? I could purify a couple gallons to bring back to the cave."

"I don't, but perhaps one of the others do?" Farsight almost asks a questions, looking back over his shoulder. He raises a hoof and rubs the back of his neck a bit, a kink forming from the worn out muscles.