The only real suggestions I can offer on on the aesthetics or maybe something extra
I actually tried several formatting styles, a couple banners, some back shadowing, font changes, etc. What I've found is that the "extra" often makes everything look cluttered. I use the darkest possible site setting, so everything I do is designed for that. I also try to make mobile browsing easier. It's a really hard balance; I've probably hit the preview button 1,000 times today. Some things I do intend on doing, however, is figuring out how the Hell to get text aligned with pictures. For some reason, BBCoding for it doesn't work and I don't know how to use the rich text editor to do it. The RTE has a couple bugs in creating automatic BBCode and custom BBCode that I don't know simply because it's not universal.

For instance, in the Nations Tabs, I want to put the picture in line with the text with the leaders running along the top. I think it'll look more streamline and professional. I don't want the entire OP looking like it's just stuff stacked onto each other.

On that same note, if you really think about it, what makes a post look good? The content, sure, but it's also the placement. I can add extra, it's just hard to fit it in without like... blowing up the whole OP. If you really think about it, there's a lot extra:

A full altered timeline
Youtube Video Intro (done by me)
Entire intro posted below in a table
URL Links
Full CS roster
CS Template

All of that is sort've extra stuff. It's not part of the regular RP descrip. It's not an intro or or like... content. Also, if you look at the "Roleplay Status" portion, I've literallyNEVER seen one of those ever aside from me using it. There I give quick bits of info, the Staff, a description of how the RP is going now, what I'm looking for, my current projects, when it was last updated.

I do agree, I'd love to add extra. I see other OP's and I feel like mine is missing something, but I can't at all put my finger on it.

Edit: Seriously though, try viewing the OP in a mobile app. Like a browser on a phone or tablet. It looks legittt.

Reactions: Fox of Hearts
Since Suzzio would just be replying at this point, I'm going to skip his post for now to reply IC. All this will really result in is a slightly longer reply from him.

Yaaaasss! I have been waiting for this for a while now! I will be editing my CS into this post, but it will be within a spoiler. Hope that you enjoy (when it is finished).

Note: This is the finished product, unless I decide to expand on his traits a bit more, which I am currently mulling over. I sincerely hope that you all find him to be acceptable!

Male_Waterbender_by_GreenifyME.png

[Male | 17 | Northern Water Tribe | Image Credit]

Sennoq is a prodigal water bender from the Northern Water Tribe. Sennoq tends to be rather laconic, preferring only to speak when necessary. He believes fervently in the adage, "A fool speaks because he must say something, while a wise man speaks because he has something to say." His most defining trait is the strong determination that flows within him. It is a quiet determination, but any observant person would find it hard to miss.

However, Sennoq still has not fully risen from the grasp of youth, which sets his heart aflame with passion, sometimes leading him to foolhardiness. Generally, he is agreeable to most, unless he is one of his moods. During one of these idiopathic fits, Sennoq usually stalks off to some place where he can be alone and clear his head. Aside from these common trends, he is as variable as the arctic wind.

Traits
  • Water Bending Prodigy - While not yet a fully-fledged master, Sennoq has attained a level of capability in water bending not usually seen by most his age. He is an extremely motivated and driven bender, committed to excelling in all areas of water bending.

• Drinking Habit - Although still quite young, Sennoq has already developed quite a taste for the Devil's nectar. After he moved to New Taku, Sennoq was no longer being constantly supervised by his masters or parents, and he found that the town had an extensive list of bars. I am sure you can imagine the rest of the story.

• Humorous - Although it is true that Sennoq remains largely reticent in social situations, one thing that is sure to lighten his mood and get him talking is a good joke. Sennoq has even purchased five joke books from the New Taku Library for his own personal enjoyment.

• Oblivious Towards the Fairer Sex - Sennoq never really had a chance to date any of the girls in the Northern Water Tribe, despite the fact that there were some that fancied him. Even when he reciprocated these feelings, Sennoq was always so absorbed in his training that he never seemed to have time to engage in any sort of relationship. As a result, Sennoq can be a bit starry-eyed when it comes to attractive females.

• Nature Lover - Sennoq spent a lot of time during his youth camping out on the tundra with his father and grandfather. It was a rite of passage, of sorts, within their family, whose heritage included a long list of seal hunters from both the North and South. It was during these rare, yet highly anticipated trips that Sennoq was ingrained with a deep appreciation for the beauty of the tundra, the glacier, and the snowstorm.

• It Must Be That Time of the Month - While Sennoq is usually good-natured, if a tad on the quiet side, he is given to sudden fits of anger. In truth, the young man still wrestles with his own inner demons, most of which stem from the death of his grandfather and his own feelings of guilt and shame. Sennoq tries his best not to take his anger out on others, but some people are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Afterwards, Sennoq is always sure to apologize.

Relations & Relationships

s31nr9.jpg

Note: Deanok's parents were natives of the Southern Water Tribe that were slain during the invasions by the Phoenix Kingdom. Deanok speaks of them rarely, and his family respects his need for privacy.

History

Sennoq was born on the night of a Full Moon, when the elements of water are at their strongest. His early years were normal enough, a happy child with a very loving family. He was the pride and joy of his two young parents, and when his sister was born he dealt with the petulant jealousy of accepting a new child into the family. Up until the age of seven, there was nothing to distinguish him from any of the other children in the city. However, it was at this point that his life changed drastically.

From a very young age, Sennoq recalls knowing he could bend, and quite well at that. Despite this, he had decided to keep it a secret, mainly because he loathed the thought of spending countless hours training with the elders as he had seen many of the other children forced to. It was his grandfather, Tarlok who first recognized the signs of a great water bender within the boy. His first clue was the way the boy moved, flowingly and almost as if he were composed solely of liquids. After this, Tarlok always payed special attention to the budding water bender. One afternoon, Tarlok caught Sennoq in one of the many alleyways of the city, sculpting water into the form of small, toy soldiers and then freezing them so they would maintain their shape. He would then use these icy soldiers to stage battles between the Water Tribe and the Phoenix Kingdom--the Water Tribe was always the winner.

Tarlok noticed the effortlessly-crafted details in each of the figurines and marveled at the level of skill shown by the young boy. Despite his pleas, Tarlok, who had mastered water bending long ago, decided to take on training the young boy himself. They spent long nights practicing underneath the Moon's pallid rays. The Full Moon was when the litany of postures and poses Sennoq was forced to learn grew most tedious. This was, of course, intentional, since Tarlok knew that this was when the boy's power would reach its zenith. Indeed, the boy initially loathed practicing, but grew to love the hours spent with his grandfather; the two became quite close.

By the age of 14, Sennoq had progressed miraculously. Whereas the boy once could hardly last a minute with his grandfather in a sparring match, he now began to push Tarlok's increasingly apparent limits. He fought with poise and voracity, seeming to become semi-fluid at times. Unfortunately, it was during one of these matches that tragedy struck out at Sennoq's life. While consumed in a whirlwind of ice, water, and squall, Tarlok suffered a serious heart attack. Within the span of a few days, his life had fled despite the efforts of the North's very accomplished healers. "The injury is not a product of accident, but of age. It is the way of things," said the wisest among the healers.

Despite the comforting words of the elderly women and his family, a part of Sennoq always blamed himself for the death of his grandfather. His mind would run rampant with the phrases, "What if..." and, "If I had just..." Little did Sennoq know just how drastically his life would change after this event. His grandmother moved in with his family, as Sennoq's mother feared she would be lonely given the passing of her husband. Sennoq returned to training with a renewed determination, since he knew it was what his grandfather would have wanted, but there was something much more deeply agitated about his style of bending. None of his peers would agree to spar with him for fear of being seriously injured.

Unsure what to do, the masters of the Northern Water Tribe held a meeting to decide the fate of the young, prodigious water bender. The young man obviously had immense potential, but could no longer progress within the North. In desperation, the council of masters reached out to the one of the leaders of the Rising, Ukoda. After some time, it was decided that Sennoq would be sent to New Taku. He would train among Ukoda's militant ranks, where the boy could harness the full extent of his untapped power.

The departure was an especially emotional one, as Sennoq's family was still fragile after the loss of the patron of the family. Now, they would suffer more as they said goodbye to one of only two of their children. However, Sennoq's parents decided to trust in the judgement of the masters. They felt that the training and discipline Ukoda offered could benefit Sennoq, who had grown rather unwieldy in his bending styles. Sennoq still recalls his father saying, "You make us proud, son." In response, Sennoq promised to try his best.

Currently, he resides in New Taku where he is just beginning his training to fully master water bending.

Last edited:
Thank you! You reminded me that I should provide a link to credit the original artist. That will be in my next series of revisions to the CS.

Water tribe represent.
I love the sheet, it looks really nice.

• Thank You
Reactions: Arlathina
I am very glad to have approval from my Southern sister. :)

i3kQnOM.jpg

[Female | 24 | Water Tribe Colony]

Naomi Yuki appears as a calm and gentle young women who would sooner be found among the beauty of the countryside rather than the heat of battle. However her serene demeanor should not be misconstrued as she is not without the capacity to endure and apply herself where harsher environments and struggles can be found. Though she tends to be more observant she can often be found to apply herself in group conversations when a subject matter appears which has peaked her interests, though at times she might prefer to listen and only interject with an opinion or when she's asked directly. Naomi enjoys deep philosophical conversations and will not hesitate to engage in these discussions as she finds it quite interesting to gather the perspective of others, even more so when a person comes from a culture she isn't familiar with.

Naomi does have the capacity for a temper, although it is hard to provoke and will rarely be seen unless she is consistently pushed. Once her temper comes to surface she will very likely express it in the form of a lecture or verbal scolding before walking away to calm herself, though this is assuming the person who has upset her is a friend. If she has been made upset by a stranger or someone she deems an enemy, her bending becomes far more aggressive and relentless in it's consistent offensive display. This can sometimes result in her becoming tired quickly, however her attacks are generally stronger and cast with more ferocity. Those who claim to have witnessed her temper have commented that to be on the receiving end of her bending is near guaranteed defeat, unless of course her opponent is greater in skill.

In general life, she tends to enjoy the beauty of the world around her, favoring nature and quiet locations to enjoy. She has a great love for tea and is quit partial to delicious fruits, usually berries of some kind. Naomi actively seeks to retain a physical fitness and athleticism and can sometimes be found to meditate in order to either settle her mind, or to think on a situation which has recently occurred. Naomi will often greet you with a smile and should you ask her for advice or help in a matter she will rarely decline as long as what you're asking is something feasible. Lastly to note is how Naomi talks. Despite her young age Naomi seems to present herself as a women of wisdom, appearing much older for her age especially in regards to advice, situational awareness and problem solving. Her demeanor may sometimes falter if she's fearful. In these times she will often look to her friends for confidence.

Traits

Waterbending - Naomi possesses the skill to bend water and has been training from an early age. She has not yet mastered the skill, however she is quite adept and is not afraid to perform the more sophisticated moves during combat. Her teaching and upbringing on the art has been very traditional with the only exception being that her teaching was not the traditional teachings for female waterbenders. She was taught traditional waterbending which would have been taught to the men of the tribe. It is this reason that Naomi never learned the healing side of waterbending.

Icebending - Naomi has a basic understanding of Icebending and so is able to perform some of the lower move sets relating to Icebending. This is an avenue she wishes to pursue and hopes to learn more in the ways of mastering this skill.

Phase change - The ability to alter the physical state of the water they manipulate, between liquid, solid and gas, at will. Changing the phase of water allows for multiple techniques in the course of a battle, from encasing an opponent in ice to hiding behind a wall of mist. Ice and steam/fog can also be molded in a diverse range of shapes

Elemental Water Cannon - This technique requires other benders and so is her least used ability. It's nothing all that special in terms of how she uses her bending. However with allies in can prove a deadly combo when done correctly. Naomi will anchor herself to the ground by freezing her feet to the floor before projecting a highly pressurized and concentrated blast of water feeding from a nearby source such as a lake or river. Other bender will be able to feed their elements into the cannon, creating a potential weapon for all elements. For example:

An Earthbender can throw rocks into the path of the cannon, allowing rocks to be accelerated at high and devastating speeds.

A Firebender can heat the water to create something similar to superheating without requiring more focus from Naomi.

An Airbender can redirect the cannon, making it more accurate or funneling the water in a way to give it more spread or more precision.

Relations & Relationships

Kaito Yuki is her mother however her location is unknown.
Umikei Yuki is her father, his location is also unknown.

History

~"In the beginning I was a happy child with ambitious dreams. How I wish I could go back to being so innocent"~

Naomi was born in the Water Tribe colonies to a loving family. Her father Umikei had been a high ranking officer before moving to the colonies and her mother Kaito, was the women who had healed him after he fell during the initial conflicts between the tribe and the Phoenix Kingdom before the sea settled between both nations. After they married and settled down, Naomi entered the scene as an only child. Both her parents gave her all the love she could need during her first years and both felt gifted to receive her as their daughter.

When she turned ten, her father began teaching her how to waterbend, despite her mothers protests as she believed Naomi was far too young to be learning such a thing. Her father however felt it was necessary, especially given the way that the world was changing and had been changing over the previous years. Her father believed that it was important to teach her how to use her bending to fight so that she may protect herself. Though he prayed she'd never have to.

He taught her everything he knew and everything he had learned as an officer of the Northern Water Tribe before he moved to the colony. They spent long evenings together practicing, starting with the basics and moving up all the way to the more sophisticated moves. As Naomi grew, so did her strength and her bending and at the age of fifteen she was soon performing advanced moves with successful precision and accuracy while also maintaining her stance and control. Before long they began sparring together, simulating real life scenarios limited only by the promises that they'd never truly hurt each other.

Naomi continued to flourish as a waterbender and while she was learning how to master her bending, her mother would spend time with her in the early mornings teaching her about their rich cultural history and of course asking her assistance during chores. Her parents felt it was necessary that she learned some discipline from doing chores and other such tasks around the home. Many of the other children from neighboring homes had demonstrated what became of them when they lacked discipline and it was not something they wanted for Naomi.

On her sixteenth birthday, her father took her out to see the northern lights which could best be seen from a mountain just outside of the colony. Her mother had decided to remain at home, preparing a party for her to return too. It was that day when things began to change for the young waterbender and when her life took a dramatic turn for the worse. While out they came under attack by a pack of Polar Bear Dogs which forced them to run, using their bending to slow them down as they made their way back to the city. As they made their way to the gates Umikei threw a blast of water, knocking one of the creatues off it's feet. But as he had done do another appeared out of nowhere and bore down on the man.

Naomi was fortunate to have noticed and lashed the creature with a water whip, however something was unusual and different about the water whip, as it seemed to resonate with a slight vapor which was noticed by her father. He turned to his daughter, wondering what it was she'd done, but latter he'd learned that she'd managed to phase change the water to make it colder, creating a more aggressive bending form. The creature that fled carried a deep red scar across it's side where the water had ice burned it, the others following with it, unwilling to continue trying to make them their dinner.

Naomi and her father remained closer to the colony after that, up until she grew older and was strong enough to protect herself. She continued her training, learning from her father and practicing this new technique of icebending. Eventually, Naomi decided she wanted to travel, see the world beyond the snowy mountains and giant icebergs. And so after some heart felt goodbyes she set out to see the world for herself.

During her travels she eventually made her way into the Earth City of Omashu where she overheard of something called 'The Rising' from a couple of odd looking men hanging around in a back alley looking dressed in attire suited for engineering. Though they only mentioned it once, they went on to mention something about the tunnels beneath Omashu, though they soon disappeared preventing her from listening to the rest of the conversation. So it appeared there was yet another organization attempting to oppose the oppression of the Phoenix King or at least that's what she assumed. She decided to pursue it in order to sate her curiosity, having heard the name whispered in corners of the world during her brief travels so far. Eventually it lead her to a tavern where she attempted to ask about The Rising, but it appeared they had nothing to tell her other than that she would be better off forgetting about it, that it was likely just men talking nonsense.

Naomi decided shortly after that to drop her curiosity on the subject, after all it was more than likely just a floating rumor as it was definitely not the first time she'd heard of an organization looking to grow and gain in power to oppose the Phoenix King. Though these organizations no matter how successful to start always ended the same way with either life imprisonment or death. Such a thought was almost enough to deter most from joining such organizations and for a while she thought it was maybe for the best not to pursue an organization which could potentially cost her so much. Though when she considered what could be gained from aiding such an organization, it made her wish for it's existence even more.

A month had passed and Naomi was still taking residence within the city of Omashu. She'd decided to stay for a while and even though her pursuit of The Rising had lost momentum, she would still continue with her travels and explore the cultures of the other nations in order to experience more of what the world had to offer her. She would frequent a tavern a few blocks down from the one where she'd asked about The Rising, usually ordering a glass of water while she settled at a table to plan her journey and perhaps even read up on Omashu's history from texts she'd burrowed from a library close to where she was renting. During one of the nights spent at this tavern the door opened for a group of guards dressed in red armor, guards which she'd learned were of the fire nation except slightly different.

They wore a different kind of armor, differing only a little so that they would be recognized as Omashu's dept collectors. The specific guards were usually sent to intimidate those who were consistently late on their rent or taxes and in the past month it hadn't been the first time she'd seen them about. They walked among the people as if they were above them and how they addressed you in person didn't attempt to hide this thinking. Naomi paid no mind to them at first, assuming they were perhaps here for a routine check up or some other kind of reason unbeknownst to the young waterbender. However it would appear she was wrong as they strode across the room to a haggard looking man, grabbing him by the scruff of the neck before pushing his head down against the bar.

They smirked and sneered as they demonstrated their power over him, claiming that if he had the money to drink he had the money to pay his taxes. Naomi observed the situation for a moment, curious to it as she noted that the others in the tavern withdrew from the scene. The man cowered and emptied his pockets to the guards who merely laughed in reply, informing him his taxes had increased due to lying to them. Naomi frowned and considered involving herself for a moment, as the guards appeared to be abusing their duty quite obviously. She stood up after a minute and moved closer, taking out a small bag of silver Yuan before presenting it to the guards, asking if this would clear him of his dept.

The guard released the man and snatched the bag from her hand, sneering before informing the man he was cleared of his dept. But it seemed these guards weren't done as they turned their attention towards her, reading out a short list of reasons why she now had to pay more. Naomi furrowed her brow further, understanding clearly that these guards were looking to make profit from ridiculous claims. She refused the charges, accusing them of abusing their power which resulted in the guard lashing out to connect a fiery first with her cheek, however it seemed this guard was not prepared for Naomi's speed as he soon found himself hurtling towards a wall, slamming into it before falling in a heap after she pulled water from the nearby glasses, hitting him squarely in the chest.

She gave no room for the other guards to react as she split the water into two separate whips, sliding her foot forwards as she threw her right arm up, causing one of the whips to slam a guard into the ceiling while her other arm came down, doing the reverse with the final guard into the floor. In a matter of seconds the three guards were left groaning on the floor, the water returning to their glasses with a simple motion and flick of her fingers. The tavern owner peeked from behind the bar and informed her she should leave before they came around or more guards came and took her details. With a nod she promptly left, but not before a burst of fog erupted from the taverns entrance to cover her escape into the night. She never returned to that tavern after that.

A few months latter she decided to pick up the lead for The Rising again when she received a letter from someone who chose not to leave a name. She had decided to remain in Omashu for a while and had questioned a few people on The Rising with little to no success for desired information, however this letter came to her from a courier who was likely being used as a middleman to distance whoever wrote it from it's recipient who in this case was Naomi. It held very little information, vague information of a place in the city, a time of day and a single day in the week. At first she wasn't sure she understood why someone had sent her these details, however she decided to go there at the time and date given anyway, hoping it could have something to do with her pursuit of information.

She arrived at the place at the date and time given, sitting on a bench under an old tree in the center of a large courtyard which appeared busy with people going about their business. A market stood nearby, giving off the scent of food into the air which attracted more people into the area, as well as the other wears which could be bought there. After what felt like an hour of sitting under the tree, it seemed the information she'd been given was false and was about to get up and leave when a low but deep voice spoke to her, telling her to remain seated. She was told not to look at him and was instructed not to talk for any reason. She felt a little confused, but gave a small nod to confirm her agreement to these terms.

The mysterious voice appeared very careful with his words, mentioning nothing about himself or where he came from but instead choosing to explain to her that he knew what she was looking for, or more as he precisely worded, 'we'. The man continued to talk and gave her details of what would be asked from her if she was to follow the path which lead to what she sought. Eventually, after much information regarding her search he asked her a clear question, continuing to keep his wording vague as to only hint without giving too much away. He asked if she would accept a placement in an organization looking to make use of certain 'talents' and that this offer was limited and a one time only affair. She didn't hesitate and merely gave a nod in response. The voice told her they would be in touch and left a second latter. Naomi looked to see where the voice had come from but found nothing but the moving crowds of the courtyard.

A few months latter, Naomi had left Omashu for the first time in several months and had now found her place among the organization she'd sought for so long. After having moved through a few more hurdles in order to ensure she was safe to induct into The Rising her talents were put to use completing various missions which required her ability to phase change her waterbending in order to provide cover for others to move easily between locations or in some cases, transport goods necessary for future missions. She began to make a name for herself, becoming adept at covering their allies and even demonstrating creative uses of waterbending and icebending in order to confuse and disorientate her opponents. She began to climb the metaphorical ladder as she proved her usefulness time and time again, her superiors finding her skill set invaluable as an asset for keeping them in the shadows. Before long it was decided that she should take a permanent seat in a new group being forged for a new kind of mission. She accepted the offer and has since been traveling with them in order to do her part for The Rising.

Miscellaneous

She wears her mothers ring. It's a simple silver band with a rich blue gem in the center. Sometimes she can be seen rubbing it with her finger when she's feeling down or lonely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

I hope this is all ok. I might have taken some leaps of faith with a few things but if anything should be wrong, please let me know and I'll see if I can adjust it.

Last edited:
Right off the bat, @Winter, I can tell you two things:

1. Women, under no circumstances and regardless of rank, are not trained to be waterbenders in the Northern Water Tribe.

2. I effectively don't allow bloodbending under almost any circumstances, and nothing in this character sheet justifies it to me.

Right off the bat, @Winter, I can tell you two things:

1. Women, under no circumstances and regardless of rank, are not trained to be waterbenders in the Northern Water Tribe.

2. I effectively don't allow bloodbending under almost any circumstances, and nothing in this character sheet justifies it to me.
220px-Katara.png

I seem to remember a certain female who was trained to be a water bender in the Northern Water Tribe...​

I seem to remember intentionally making sure that certain female was never born in this continuum~

Reactions: Jade
I know that, but if this is an alternative universe. Given the events leading up to now, isn't it reasonable that a father would want his daughter to be able to protect herself should the situation worsen in the coming years?

As for the other, I'll need some more days to work something out. I spent all evening working on that story.

I know that, but if this is an alternative universe. Given the events leading up to now, isn't it reasonable that a father would want his daughter to be able to protect herself should the situation worsen in the coming years?
Actually, it's the opposite mentality. In the Northern Water Tribe, those in charge work tirelessly to preserve the culture that was damaged by the Fire Nation and Phoenix Kingdom. They try dilligently to preserve their way of life and traditions, including the exclusion of training women. I actually saw this flaw early on; with the Southern Water Tribe having no waterbenders, there was no way for female waterbenders to be trained. Due to that, I created the Northern Water Tribe Colonies. The only place a woman can be trained is in the Colonies, and I know it seems harsh, but seriously take a look at canon. Almost NO ONE would train Katarra and the only reason she did get trained by Pakku was a romance from his youth. Up until that point, Katarra literally had a scroll despite all her natural talent. The same struggle she faced is one every female waterbender will face and honestly I put forth a lot of effort to work on it. When it comes to bloodbending, I have a distinct disdain of it. Even if it was limited as it was in canon where it can only be used on a full moon, I find it far too intrusive of an ability.

Actually, it's the opposite mentality. In the Northern Water Tribe, those in charge work tirelessly to preserve the culture that was damaged by the Fire Nation and Phoenix Kingdom. They try dilligently to preserve their way of life and traditions, including the exclusion of training women. I actually saw this flaw early on; with the Southern Water Tribe having no waterbenders, there was no way for female waterbenders to be trained. Due to that, I created the Northern Water Tribe Colonies. The only place a woman can be trained is in the Colonies, and I know it seems harsh, but seriously take a look at canon. Almost NO ONE would train Katarra and the only reason she did get trained by Pakku was a romance from his youth. Up until that point, Katarra literally had a scroll despite all her natural talent. The same struggle she faced is one every female waterbender will face and honestly I put forth a lot of effort to work on it. When it comes to bloodbending, I have a distinct disdain of it. Even if it was limited as it was in canon where it can only be used on a full moon, I find it far too intrusive of an ability.
I have to agree with you about blood-bending. It seems like permitting the ability would invite too many opportunities for someone to unintentionally/intentionally god-mod another player. I even thought about giving Sennoq the ability, but decided against it.

I even thought about giving Sennoq the ability
And, you would have just as quickly and indiscriminately been declined. I could literally have this roleplay last years, never introduce bloodbending and be absolutely fine with it. Right now, I've got around 15 roleplayers. Imagine if I created a villain like Amon that just jacked everyone's bending for basically a huge amount of posting time. As great as that was in the show, it'd just manage to piss off a bunch of roleplayers.

Well, in any case, there's a fair bit of editing to be done and It's already early morning so I'm not willing to spend any more time on it right now. I can live without the bloodbending, it was mainly just a means of being able to type out a semi interesting back story and a reason to make her a fugitive. I'll probably work something out. As for the Colonial stuff, I think... I might be able to just edit place names and run a similar story, though it's gonna be boring, heads up! I'll try and think of something to give it some dazzle *Jaz hands*

And, you would have just as quickly and indiscriminately been declined. I could literally have this roleplay last years, never introduce bloodbending and be absolutely fine with it. Right now, I've got around 15 roleplayers. Imagine if I created a villain like Amon that just jacked everyone's bending for basically a huge amount of posting time. As great as that was in the show, it'd just manage to piss off a bunch of roleplayers.
Glad to know.