I have to agree with you about blood-bending. It seems like permitting the ability would invite too many opportunities for someone to unintentionally/intentionally god-mod another player. I even thought about giving Sennoq the ability, but decided against it.
Same reason I only made Karan an earth who (while being VERY strong, does not have the pure technique that he would need to have to be if he wanted to be a master).

Better for him to knock down a wall than try to lets say carve pretty rock landscapes.

Reactions: Jade
Yeah. We have at least one spot open in the upcoming fourth group, although we're looking for a niche character. We also have a fifth group under construction of antagonists, because that's something someone wanted to do.

All really depends on what you have in mind, @Damien Kriez

• Love
Reactions: Jade
Tell me about the antagonists and I'll see. How's metalbending in this universe?

Metalbending is allowed, but requires character justification. Technically, it hasn't even been invented yet. I would sort've prefer it just get left alone for a while, but I suppose it's open.

I'll just link you to the PM for the antagonist group. I'm also looking for a "firebending master" type of character, so whatever strikes your fancy.

For everyone! I'm updating parts of the OP now to include more pertinent information. This will include a set of rules for bending, an actual entry for the Patola Mountains, further explanation for the outposts (still only two posted) and some pictures.

This'll be hard since I can't be the inventor of a revolutionary bending type. I was thinking of making an Earthbending antagonist that acts as a sort of an Earthbending ex-criminal who joined the ranks of the Phoenix King as one of his Praetorian guards. Much like Toph, he was captured by an organization and he basically did what Toph had done. That being said, he should be blind. Unlike Toph's inborn blindness, however, I want this guy to be blind because of some rival of some sorts. The reason why I want a Metalbending person is because I've done an OC on a Metalbender law-enforcer that's basically has the Punisher's personality - a no-nonsense anti-hero that does whatever it takes for justice to be served. He has his own crafted suit kinda like the Shredder's body suit (no helmet) combined with Kuvira's uniform and metal spinal plates. He fights with a wrist blade and has standard metalbending spools. Also, he has his own form of lightning redirection in a sense that he shoots a metal pike full force as to catch the lightning as it flies, much like a lethal lightning rod.

If I can't be the inventor of Metalbending, than can a secret metalbending group that doesn't want the world to know its secrets be in this universe's lore? Or can Metalbending be a new art invented by a new person?

Alright, before we go even further, I'm going to tell you that you're hitting one of my pet peeves. You're wanting to integrate a character from another OC into this RP, and I just plain dislike that. Instead of generating pure content for this roleplay and this setting - which I have poured massive amounts of creative effort into - you're merely looking to refit a character through its concept to fit into this setting. Already, metalbending hasn't even been touched on and you're looking for avenues to achieve it without ever really exploring the world I have created here. I'm not inclined to help at all with this endeavor as you have approached me with it.

Alright then, I won't hash that character out. You needn't lose your temper over it. Plus, this OC of mine isn't an OC from another RP, it was just a brainchild some months ago. I'll simply make a Combustion Bender if that's okay. If you'll allow me, can I place more than one tattoo, and not on the centre of his/her forehead?

I'm not going to argue over the previous character nor OC. It doesn't change the fundamental conflict I had.

Moreover, Combustion works by redirection chi from the gut which is considered the "sea of chi" through the chi paths and out the Light Chakra in the forehead. There have only ever been two users, both of which had the same drawbacks and both of which sported the same, single tattoo. In short, to use Combustion, you will have one tattoo in a static place. I believe I've even went over this specific bending technique in the OP.

You're right, sorry for the delay. Meh, I think I'll just make an Earthbender more proficient in Sandbending with maybe a blade with an earthen handle to justify him/her being able to levitate it. I do apologize if I'm causing you any trouble. Last question though, how would you feel about putty explosives in this universe? Is it possible if an Earthbender were to hide such clay-like substances in real, earthen clay? Just another Earthbending idea. It's my favorite bending art.

I'm looking at that idea and thinking plastic explosives or maybe a chi-based explosion; I'm really drawing imagery from Deidara. I've explored this idea before, and there really isn't a way to replicate explosions through earthbending. The closest I can consider is something like a claybending style infused with black powder, but the physics behind that make those explosions either a) too damp b) no real ignition source or c) too small to matter. I looked through, at a time, basically all of the canon content I could, and there isn't anything aside from Combustion man and the weaponized siprit vines that actually caused chi-based explosions. So, how do I feel about it? I think the idea is legit; Deidara was one of my favorite Naruto characters, and I would have loved to see or even myself implement in some what that specific clay explosion style into a completely unique character for the roleplay. Is it possible? Unfortunately no, or else I would have done it.

I do hate to be a spoilsport, but to keep true to the source material, I do have to enforce a lot of rules and create grounds for interpretation. I often feel that I'm undercutting creativity, but at the same time, someone has to be the enforcer - elsewise this would just be a nonlinear multiverse RP.

Sandbender it is then, thank you very much. Oh and good taste in Naruto characters by the way. He was my favorite as well.

37fe0381e22aaad22359ceaff02047b8.jpg
(7)
Assassin.jpg
(17)
LING_FMA_by_ngeeva.png
(21; killing Ghashiun)
earthbender_zpsb4cccdc8.png
(Present-Day; 24)
6099546d4f0ed94fcae22fc92b9cb2fe.jpg
(Earth Rumble)
[Male | 24 | Earth Kingdom - Sandbender Tribes]

Suna is a cunning Earthbender with an indomitable will and a calm frame of mind. He utilises sand as his weapon of choice, being able to make weapons out if and crush rock and earth to make more sand. Like a Waterbender or Airbender, Suna isn't a melee fighter, and chooses to wait and strike rather than be fully offensive or defensive. Personality-wise, he can be a jerk but very kind to his female compatriots. Suna's life and experiences moulded him to be a dirty fighter - one who is very confident, sometimes overconfident, in his skills in the battlefield, in the marketplace, and even the ladies. When he isn't fighting or flirting, he spends his time sewing, which is calming. He doesn't care if people think it's a girly hobby, but it reminds him of his family. Some would even say his sewing is better than his Sandbending, as he can make the finest rugs, clothes, curtains, and other fabric-based products.

Traits:

latest

Sandswimmer: Whereas Toph found herself learning most if not all of her Earthbending techniques in the hands, or rather, claws of large Badgermoles, Suna found himself under the tutelage of Sandsharks, creatures native to the Si Wong Desert. Actually, he's only ever met one. He did not learn Earthbending from them, but it was through observing them, riding along their large hides, and even offering them living, kidnapped sacrifices did these great predators of the Earth Kingdom accept the young man as one of their own. It was also through these creatures that Suna was able to master the art of travelling, hunting, hiding, stealth, and speed. Because of them, the Sandbender can move faster than average sandsailers both above and underground.

Quicksandinthestyleofawaterfall.jpg

Earthbending Feats: Suna possesses the ability to freely manipulate sand and is more comfortable using sand rather than large boulders and rocks. If he wills it, Suna can crush rocks and boulders into a countless mass of pebbles, little rocks, and sand-sized grains to use in place of sand, as he utilizes speed more than the average Earthbender's strong style. He has developed many "capture and crush" tactics, but can also fight formidably if need be. Much like a waterbender, Suna can create tsunamis, waves, spikes, and tentacles of sand, pebbles, and soil - compressing it further to achieve a harder, more dangerous form. In spite of never having Waterbending or Airbending training, he lives by many Waterbending and Airbending principles such as adaptability and change, waiting, tiring opponents out, since he was born and raised in a very harsh environment. Many of his unique traits that are equal to the Waterbender and Airbender peoples are a result of his upbringing.

0023aeaa6a680cb12ac91b.jpg

Shequan: Also known as Snake Boxing, or Fanged Snake Style, Shequan is one of the five archetypal animal-based fighting styles of Chinese martial arts. Shequan makes use of flat palms with all fingers pointed forward, ever moving in unpatterned, erratic, serpentine fashion with bent elbows. Strikes are painful whipping motions that causes the force of the strike to travel up the arm and exit through the fingertips. Users of the Snake Style aim for all of an opponent's weakest pressure points much like Chi Blocking, although not completely. As this fighting style's efficiency is centered around speed and precision rather than power, Suna uses this style as his most dangerous weapon being an agility and speed-based combatant. Unlike normal snakes, Suna's arm movements mimic a Sandshark's movements when swimming, hiding, hunting, and diving in and out of the sand. Suna incorporates Shequan in his Earth and Sandbending whenever he fights long range.

Five-Fighting-Animal-Styles--e1302543926536.jpg

Southern Dragon Style: Suna's close-quarters styles revolves around yet another archetypal animal-based Chinese martial art. Here, the user bends his fingers to imitate a draconic talon which can then be used to strike both hard and fast at the head, chest, and stomach, whilst still being able to strike certain pressure points. Southern Dragon Style also makes use of heavy legwork which is described as following a zigzag motion that mimics the imagined movement of the mythical Chinese dragon. This also allows Suna to use floating and sinking movements which are very important in generating power and stability, making his body calm and relaxed. Unlike traditional Earthbending Hung Gar, which emphasizes standing strong in the midst of adversity, Southern Dragon users stand strong and stable whilst pressing on and disrupting an opponent's balance. Footwork is then manifested in zigzagging steps, strong stomps, and powerful lower kicks. This style has less erratic and irregular hand strikes than Shequan, though prides itself in equally erratic footwork.

Charismatic Marketeer: Suna makes use of his silver tongue mainly to goad people into buying his usually overpriced fabrics, which is understandable since he makes high-quality products. His selling ability isn't limited to things he makes, as he can talk about objects and people efficiently. He has a keen eye, observing objects and people. His ability to masterfully "describe" objects and people is what makes him such a good salesman.

Sewing: Suna prides himself in his ability to sew things together - a skill he uses both to calm himself and to appear sensitive to women he fancies. A skill learned from his mother Bast, he is often found sewing rugs, mats, carpets, curtains, and even dresses to give as gifts to people.

Relations & Relationships:

Sobek: Father of Suna. He is a grizzled survivalist of a man, and trained Suna in basic Earthbending and Sandbending. He died long after Suna's departure. he was never able to see his son.; deceased.
Portrait_Wizard_Male_8427.png

Bast: Suna's mother. She taught him everything he knows about sewing and marketing. She was beaten and dragged seemingly dead to the Phoenix King's courts; unknown.
Portrait_Demonhunter_Female_647.png

Ghashiun: A character from the original series and Suna's childhood friend whom he had a falling out with; deceased
latest

Sha-Mo and Yulduz: Ghashiun's father and mother from the original series, respectively. Yulduz is deceased.
250px-Sha-Mo_y_areneros.png

Haruki: Sha-Mo and Yulduz's adopted daughter whom Suna had a crush on when he was a boy.
Portrait_Wizard_Female_35.png
History:

Suna was born to Sobek and Bast, two Earthbending assassins turned fugitives after a failed uprising against the Phoenix King and his oppressive regime. After their failed attempt on Ozai's life, Sobek and Bast became two of the many criminals that the Phoenix King wanted dead or imprisoned. Indeed, the hunt for the Earthbending runaways was relentless, but the two assassins were too sly and crafty for the former Fire Lord's enforcers. Escaping to the Misty Palms Oasis, Sobek and Bast led completely different lives, turning away from their old profession and becoming carpet and fabric merchants instead. It was in these dull years of Sobek and Bast's lives that Suna was born, giving the young Earthbender a pretty boring childhood filled with naught but learning the simplest Earthbending techniques like how to geokinetically lift earthen materials, playing with the local children, enduring Sobek's physical training sessions, and even learning how to sew fabrics and sell them. In spite of the tediousness of those years, Suna learned many necessary traits in life, such as valuing hard work and family, whilst retaining the happiness of his childhood. At the age of six, Suna grew up to be an average Earthbender, but a proficient marketeer - being able to sell many of his parents' goods for a very high price. He was a child with a silver tongue for business, using his adorable youth to his advantage.

One night, while Sobek and Bast were closing their shop, they witnessed a ruined sand-sailer traversing the great dunes of the Si Wong Desert, parking in the outskirts of the small desert town just in time to escape a Si Wong sandshark. Benevolently, Sobek rushed towards the ruined sand-sailer and offered the man, his wife, and his two children, Sha-Mo Yulduz, Ghashiun, and the adopted Haruki, some food, water, and a place to spend the night. It was Sobek's kindness that garnered Sha-Mo's trust and almost instantly, the adults and their children became good friends. The next morning, Sobek offered Sha-Mo a thick and strong fabric for the Sandbender's sand-sailer. While the two fathers repaired the vehicle, the two sons were sparring in the centre of the town. The match was far from being stalemate, as Suna could not fight lest he chips pieces of the town buildings - relying on his innate speed and agility, as well as his basic melee skills instead. Ghashiun defeated Suna almost immediately, being experienced in the art of Sandbending combat. After the two men had repaired the sailer, Sha-Mo and his family left the Misty Palms Oasis. Visiting the Misty Palms Oasis then became a recurring event for the Sandbending family, as Bast's fabrics were the best in the town. These visits were also important, since Suna learned the ways of Sandbending in the heart of the desert from Sha-Mo and his son, and their tribe. He learned that Sandbending was akin to Waterbending or Airbending, using more fluid-like motions and following change-based principles when using the art. The child of the former assassins was quick to adapt to this desert-bending. Suna, whose Earthbending was unexceptional at best, excelled in this new type of bending.

Suna, Ghashiun, and Haruki spent their seventh year venturing out into the desert, playing and sparring from days on end. Suna and Ghashiun's relationship flourished into a sort of rivalry, always knocking each other down using sand and other earth materials. They laughed about the most shallow things and helped each other grow in their combat skills. Suna also had a slight crush on his friend's non-bending older sister, but tried his best to hide it from them. It was, however, pathetically obvious. One day, after venturing too far out into the desert, the three children were attacked by a vicious sandshark. While Ghashiun and Haruki ran, Suna stayed behind - unexplainably drawn by the beast's movements. In return, the sandshark was drawn to Suna. For some unknown reason the sandshark and Suna locked eyes as if drawn by each other's spirits. Ghashiun and Haruki could do nothing then, but stare in awe. What was happening was a phenomenon that none could explain. When they returned home, the three children talked to their parents about their experiences in the desert enthusiastically. This was the beginning of Suna's desire to sneak out at night only to meet his animal friend. These nights often had Suna hunting wild jackalopes to give to the sandshark for it to eat, regardless of its size. In return, the giant beast would allow Suna to ride on its back as it dove and swam underground - perhaps the best type of adventure, according to Suna.

As the years went by, Suna's bending and combat skills were on par with his best friend's, being able to defeat Ghashiun on some occasions. It was even through Sandbending that Suna was able to further realise his normal Earthbending, combining the two styles and principles to compress and harden sand and systematically crush pieces of rock to create more makeshift sand, as well as form sand-made constructs. Also, thanks to his nights with the sandshark, Suna also learned how to swim in sand and earth as if it was water. At seventeen years old, Suna was an able-bodied fighter, bender, and even the best fabric-maker and salesman that the Misty Palms had to offer, thanks to his parents and friends. In these years, the adolescent Suna became more of a rebellious teen rather than the obedient son that Sobek and Bast once raised. Due to the many nights sneaking out to meet the sandshark, fighting Ghashiun, and being with Haruki, Suna found himself ditching his shifts and spending the nights in the desert. Suna's familial relationship wavered during these years as he yearned to be more independent from his parents who grew tired of him always spending his nights with Sha-Mo's tribe. After a heated argument with his parents, Suna ran away from home, grabbing his sewing tools and some fabrics, stealing some money, packing his clothes. Before leaving, he met up with Ghashiun and Haruki and they shared one last night together. He confessed his feelings for Haruki, but said he did not wish to stay. Suna attempted to get them to come with him but unlike the rebellious teen, Ghashiun and Haruki

The seventeen year-old ventured throughout the Earth Kingdom, spending his days and selling his fabrics in Omashu, Kyoshi Island, and other small, unnamed villages. Of all the villages he's visited, his favourite is Gaoling because it is there that Suna's combat skills greatly improved. He became an avid fan of the Earth Rumble tournaments, cheering loudly for the Boulder, who was then the champion. He trained and honed his Sandbending for a year in order to be strong enough to fight in the tournaments and, one day, he defeated the Boulder using cunning evasion and surprise attacks with his sand, utilising its adaptability to whatever situation. Against the Boudler, who fought using basic "strongman" tactics, Suna's smart and impromptu way of fighting, as well as his sandswimming technique, earned him an Earth Rumble Belt and the winnings. The fans baptised him as the Si Wong Ghost, since Suna wore his white cloak as his wrestler's outfit. From ages nineteen to twenty, the Sandbender became Earth Rumble's youngest champion twice, as his skill was unlike any other. Being the champion of the tournament made Suna an arrogant fighter whom the ladies loved. True enough, he went out night after night drinking and flirting with his female fans, appeasing himself of his worldly desires. Still, he could not let go of his childhood crush. It was during these years Suna began missing his family. Still, his pride prevented him from returning to the Misty Palms Oasis. The longer he stayed in Gaoling as the Earth Rumble Champion, the more depressed and detached he got. Upon reaching the age of twenty-one, he lost to another Earth Rumble participant, as his head was not in the game that tournament day. He still had some fans and amassed a small fortune due to selling his fabrics and winning the Earth Rumble three times.

One night, after a fight in the arena, Suna walked towards Gaoling and encountered a man that looked extremely like his father, only slightly older. Upon seeing him, Suna's mind was filled with memories of his adventure-filled childhood, his nights with the sandshark, the times he and his family bonded over their business, his training sessions with Ghashiun, his small encounters with Haruki, and his life in the Si Wong Desert. In spite of the harshness of the environment, the vision of his father reminded him of his home and his life back in the Si Wong Desert and, without thinking, followed him into the Foggy Swamp. As it turns out, it was an apparition that led him to the Banyan-Grove Tree. After about five days lost in the swamp, the Sandbender met a tribe of Swampbenders who explained that the Foggy Swamp was a place of spiritual escape as many of them had achieved spiritual enlightenment underneath the tree's leaves. They explained that enigmatic weather patterns and visions of the past, present, and future were commonplace in the swamp and seeing a vision of his father could mean that the real Sobek needed him. The Swampbenders taught Suna to sit down and meditate, to focus his emotions and spirit into the roots of the Banyan-Grove Tree. Since Suna did not have seismic sense, he could not see what was happening in the Misty Palms Oasis. He could only feel the despair of the people and the chaos that has befallen the little town. At once, he returned to Gaoling, packed his things as well as money, and left. With his mastery of Sandbending, Suna created a platform of makeshift sand from the rocks and flew forth to the Misty Palms Oasis.

From a far off distance, Suna could see naught but the vastness of the sandy desert and the lowly town where he grew up. The day was peaceful but there was a sombre feel about it. Upon landing in the outskirts of the town, Sha-Mo's tribe, his two children, his mother Bast, and some locals were holding a funeral for Sobek. They burned incest and offered fruits and hunted Jackalopes to the spirits, burying them with the corpse of Suna's father. Suna ran to the group and asked them what happened, weeping on his knees. Everyone was also shocked to see Suna back, but the Sandbending prodigal son could not think straight. Embracing the crying boy, Bast and Haruki exclaimed that he died of depression because of Suna's departure. He abandoned his business, became violent with the Phoenix King's policemen, and drank his depression away, for what father can handle the loss of his son? Suna told them of how the roots of the Banyan-Grove Tree led him back home and it was unfortunate that, five days ago, his father was still alive. Later that night, Ghashiun, Haruki, and Suna hung out and out of sheer sadness, told the two of his parents' secret - that they were assassins who almost ended Phoenix King's Ozai's life. Now, they live in constant hiding. The Phoenix King's men still put up wanted posters of Sobek and Bast who looked nothing like their past selves as their skin had darkened and their hairstyles had changed as they lived in the desert. The Phoenix King would still pay a hefty amount for it, however. Upon hearing this, Ghashiun's eyes sparkled with greed - in the years without Suna, Ghashiun's life also went downhill as he became a thief. Thievery was looked down upon in Sha-Mo's tribe, but Ghashiun couldn't care less. He hid his pastime from his family and acted as if he was still an obedient son.

A week later, Ghashiun arrived in the Misty Palms Oasis with a troop of Phoenix King Ozai's policemen in the dead of night. He had the wanted poster of both Sobek and Bast in his hands and demanded the money. Suna, who was out in the desert to find the sandshark that he missed so much, returned home with a weary heart, since the his great beast of a friend did not show up. He witnessed the group of the Phoenix King's men break and enter his old home and tie Bast in metal chains so she could not bend. In the nick of time, Sobek arrived and bent the sand around the enforcers, trapping them in the sand and freeing his mother. Ghashiun, who was obsessed with getting the bounty, attacked Suna and exclaimed his hatred for his former friend. Ghashiun was embittered by Suna's departure, his mother, Yulduz's death, and his family's financial problems - the factors why Ghashiun turned to thievery. Suna and Ghashiun battled each other while Bast fought the Phoenix King's men. His mother, who was old and grey, still had her skills but could not hold her own against the battalion of benders that thrashed her with everything they had. With her body broken and battered, the men dragged her dying body and ran off with their Komodo Rhinos. Suna, who was too caught up in his emotions, was buried in Ghashiun's sand as he failed to rescue his mother from the wicked forces of the Phoenix King - throwing the bounty in a bag of cloth for Ghashiun to get. In a fit of thoughtless rage, Suna escaped his prison of sand with his own bending. It was then that Suna and Ghashiun fought for the last time. Sha-Mo and Haruki arrived in the Misty Palms Oasis at the exact time when Suna fatally struck Ghashiun down - the sight of this broke their hearts and, no matter how Suna tried to tell them of Ghashiun's treachery, they did not listen. Ghashiun's final words were that of anger towards Suna, telling his father that Suna attacked him in cold-blood because he had a father, and Suna didn't. Sha-Mo and Haruki believed Ghashiun almost immediately, and exiled Suna, telling him that if he ever shows his face in the Si Wong Desert again, they will surely kill him.

Suna ventured out into the Si Wong Desert once more to be greeted by his sandshark friend. They exchanged looks before turning away from each other. Now, Suna is a traveler. Driven by hatred for the Phoenix King and sorrowful longing for his home in the Si Wong Desert, Suna found himself in New Taku, the bridge between the Rising of the Earth Kingdom and the Northern Water Tribe. He learned about the Rising's objective of bringing the Phoenix King down and instantly wanted to join. Now, he is a part of their cause as an assassin who, from time to time, still finds it in himself to brawl, go out with the ladies, and drink his broken heart out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at that idea and thinking plastic explosives or maybe a chi-based explosion; I'm really drawing imagery from Deidara. I've explored this idea before, and there really isn't a way to replicate explosions through earthbending. The closest I can consider is something like a claybending style infused with black powder, but the physics behind that make those explosions either a) too damp b) no real ignition source or c) too small to matter.
How about a glassbender? Being a glassblower, I know firsthand the explosive force a glob of glass holds within itself. My master set a paperweight in the alley next to his studio without annealing it in the kiln, which essentially created a glass grenade that went off after about 30 seconds.

How about a glassbender? Being a glassblower, I know firsthand the explosive force a glob of glass holds within itself. My master set a paperweight in the alley next to his studio without annealing it in the kiln, which essentially created a glass grenade that went off after about 30 seconds.
I would think it would be difficult to determine which element that type of bending belonged to. Glass is sand, so that might allude to earth bending. On the other hand, glass needs to be heated to be malleable, so that would indicate some sort of association with fire bending. It sounds like a really good idea, however, if it were accomplished by mundane means.

The issue I have with glassbending is the same issue I have with superheating air or water for the concussive force. I don't believe any bending style, with the exception of Fire which has Combustion Style, should have the ability to alter the kinetic and/or potential energy of their related material so greatly that it results in an explosion. Even the superheated waterbending style is more related to the transition of water into steam, which results in a release of heat; this is specifically different than manipulating a substance in such a way that its raw heat results in a change in material or transition in physical state. Besides, earthbending relates to the manipulation of earthen particles; sandbending is inherently different and once sand turns to glass, it cannot be manipulated due to the change in state. This is why mixed substances, like gunpowder, are significantly harder if not impossible to bend and more refined materials such as platinum are impossible to bend as shown in Legend of Korra.

The issue I have with glassbending is the same issue I have with superheating air or water for the concussive force. I don't believe any bending style, with the exception of Fire which has Combustion Style, should have the ability to alter the kinetic and/or potential energy of their related material so greatly that it results in an explosion. Even the superheated waterbending style is more related to the transition of water into steam, which results in a release of heat; this is specifically different than manipulating a substance in such a way that its raw heat results in a change in material or transition in physical state. Besides, earthbending relates to the manipulation of earthen particles; sandbending is inherently different and once sand turns to glass, it cannot be manipulated due to the change in state. This is why mixed substances, like gunpowder, are significantly harder if not impossible to bend and more refined materials such as platinum are impossible to bend as shown in Legend of Korra.

I've edited Zarina a little bit, Prince.

@Damien Kriez I read the character and he seems to parallel slightly one of mine, namely Duhne of the Great Divide (Known as Duhne, the Hundred Man Army). This character was made for the Third Group that is upcoming and actually isn't finished as he lacks "polished details" like yours has, but I'm going to somewhat use him as a slight comparison:

Cyx_The_EarthBender_by_F0XX.jpg

[Male | 27 | Earth Kingdom (Great Divide)]

Duhne Zhang is a young and powerful Earthbender from the Zhang tribe of the Great Divide and originally served as one of the Freedom Fighters for Jet. In recent years, Duhne has became known as The Hundred Man Army due to his unique capability to create semi-sentient golems. A large bounty has been put on his head by the Phoenix Kingdom due to this, making Duhne one of the few widely-known members of the Rising. Despite his capabilities, Duhne is genuinely respectful, honest and even shows polite courtesy. Growing up in the Great Divide as part of the Zhang tribe before the Freedom Fighters or alliances, Duhne survived by earning his way through life with the help of others. For that, Duhne has became extremely appreciative and honest to others, to such a degree he himself is somewhat gullible.

All in all, Duhne is a kind and gentle soul that was tamed by the Spirits of the Great Divide. Ever since his spiritual encounter, Duhne has been giving a great understanding of life through the Earth itself. He has the bloodshed, violence and tragedy of the world through the blood that has been spilled into the ground. When red iron mixes with brown dirt, he could feel the agony of the Earth as it wept for its children. Because of this, Duhne dislikes violence and killing despite his capabilities. Duhne, to an even greater extent, dislikes using his own golems as they can and will kill due to their semi-sentience. Although he can control who they fight, he cannot truly control how they fight - only how 'well' they fight. That said, Duhne is a man with a clear set of beliefs.

Traits

Earthbending Duhne has been trained in the powerful and excessively forward bending style of the Zhang Tribe. Although Duhne has no real level of finesse, he has been trained to bend massive amounts of Earth and Stone at once. Alone, Zhang is capable of stopping rock slides and avalanches with relative ease. Duhne doesn't use fancy or complex techniques. He uses the basics, and he pours such raw strength into them that they are as fearsome as those of a master. Duhne can create barriers to defend an entire platoon. He can hurl boulders at such size and density that their sight alone is daunting.

Canyon Spirit Teachings Duhne joined a spiritual sect of his tribe that believed through fasting and becoming one with the Great Divide, they could speak to the spirit or spirits that lived there. Duhne was one of few to successfully encounter this spirit and live through it. The result of this was a significant increase not only to the mental and physical fortitude of Duhne, but to his chi and chakra itself. Invigorated by his spiritual experience, Duhne became physically strong even while malnourished. The teachings granted him great focus and enhanced his bending, but it truly put him in touch with nature. Duhne can feel the earth wherever he is and communicate with it, even see its past and the blood spilled into it.

Earth Golem Technique As a result of the Canyon Spirit Teachings, Duhne has developed a bending style that utilizes regular bending and the living spirit of the Earth. From almost any earth or stone, Duhne can create various golems in various sizes do complete various tasks. Most notably are the humanoid golems that act, joint for joint, precisely like a person would. They are capable fighters and incredibly durable, being made of earth and stone. More notably, even if destroyed, they can be reconstituted. Duhne can use one golem for each tattoo on his chest and back. This adds up to 98 total golems, however, the more golems in use, the weaker each individual one gets. Finally, Duhne can control two larger golems or combine them to a final golem that towers two stories high, and doing so creates black rings around his eyes.

Hand-to-Hand Combat Originally a mere bender, after the Canyon Spirit Teachings occurred, Duhne had a desire for more. He explored the world and eventually came into contact with Jet. One of the first of the Zhang tribe to align with him, Jet had Duhne trained in hand to hand combat which subsequently empowered his golems greatly. Duhne uses a very strong style akin to karate with powerful thrusts and strikes that avoids moving and throwing around weight, which makes it not only hard to counter but very effective in combination with Earth bending in general. Although a simple style, Duhne has used his speed, strength and training to make it formidable through sheer practice and passes this trait on to his golems.

Relations & Relationships

History

Duhne was born into the somewhat barbaric Zhang Tribe of the Great Divide. His parents were of the first generation punished by being forced into the Great Divide on their own, and both had to use their Earthbending to survive. Similarly, Duhne was born into a life where his Earthbending soon dictated if he lived or died. Duhne could remember children his age, some even his friends, being incapable of stopping the dangerous rocks from slipping beneath them or the Canyon Crawlers from viciously tearing them apart. Duhne could recall being told there was not time to shed tears for the weak. And, Duhne rejected it.

Duhne went on to become a powerful Earthbender, even among the Zhang tribe. In his adolescence, he joined a sect of the Zhang Tribe that believed the Canyon was far more than just a place of death. They believed that the Canyon held a tremendous amount of life energy, and sought to come into contact with that energy by depriving themselves of all of their energy until the Canyon itself offer it some of theirs. Of the dozen or so sect members, only four survived the fasting and came in contact with the spirits. Almost immediately, those four separating, never speaking a word of their experiences.

With his new spiritual side, Duhne fully believed that the Zhang mentality was wrong. He rejected that there would be no sympathy for the weak. Duhne set off to find a way to create a safer environment for his people, and through that he eventually came into contact with Jet and the Freedom Fighters. Duhne saw how Jet wanted to create a safer place for his people, oppressed by the corrupt Police, and he fought to overcome it. Duhne took it upon himself to help. Using his golems to overpower huge sums of Police, Duhne helped Jet reshape the central Earth Kingdom.

Duhne became known as the Hundred Man Army by the Phoenix Kingdom, even though often times it was an entire team of freedom fighters that completed a task. While Jet was allowed to hide in the shadows, Duhne took the entirety of the blame. This allowed Jet to reach out and secretly create alliances with the Beetle-Headed Merchants, Tribes and the Rising. Duhne had assisted in in creating a large network that was eventually used heavily by the Rising, but this came at a huge cost. The bounty on his head became so immense that Dai Li assassins threatened his life, and almost killed him. Duhne decided it was too dangerous for him to live so close to the Phoenix kingdom, so he faked his death.

Duhne was eventually relocated to the Southern Air Temple in the Patola Mountains. Duhne became a well-respected martyr of sorts for the Rising, sacrificing his life and identity to flee. Taken in as a hero to the rising, Duhne was introduced to the Airbenders of the Southern Air Temple that questioned him at first, but found his level of spiritual enlightenment surprising. Duhne was eventually taken in as a confidant by Master Zhing due to his spiritual nature and disdain of killing. Although most believe Duhne is kept around as a guard for Zhing, in reality, his grounded beliefs in tranquility make him closer to an adviser. His respectful nature and inability to lie also make him well-trusted in political settings, essentially cementing in his position with Master Zhing.

One of the most fundamental differences is obviously their temperament, but even further then that is that I don't see a personality in Set whatsoever. Actually, to be honest, Set comes off as a "superhero" built to be badass. I don't see humanity in him. Even in his history, I don't see trials and tribulations as much as I see a character a) always be in the right b) manage to power through everything on skill alone and c) manage to basically be a consistent badass. While Duhne has some of these similar traits, and his history is still rough (in his current state, I find him too barebones to be acceptable; I just needed a mock up for Gonzo), Duhne attains spirituality and depth through his new perspective. I don't see Set with that whatsoever; he just seems to affirm his current status and go on. I find this particularly annoying because I just don't see anything here aside from a list of accomplishments and capabilities, as well as some kickass moniker.

On that note, the character is twenty. Age is directly related to the amount of potential these characters have made reach fruition. At 20, your bending and close-quarters prowess is equal to or greater than Duhne's - and both are talented for their respective fields. I don't find 20 to be a believable age to have that level of talent in a character that is deeply rooted in his culture more than being a pure and raw prodigy. He's dubbed the "Wraith of the Si Wong Desert", but for what? His bending prowess and tantrums? There isn't enough depth there. It was all things thrown together for what I feel like is a sense of thematic badassery without a sense of humanity or personality. I don't feel like I know the "identity" of Set at all, I just know he's some badass sandbender.

That said, there is a line in this that somewhat sums up what I mean: "Summary of how Set fights: Think Ming Hua's water appendages and constructs and replace them with sand and small rocks (for both Shequan and Southern Dragon). Bumi's footwork with clawed fingers instead of hardened fists (close-quarters, Southern Dragon). Ty Lee's speedy hand strikes coupled with Amon's fleetness of foot, as he is not as jumpy and monkey-like as Ty Lee (long-range, Shequan)."

No, I shouldn't have to think of several characters for the sake of comparison and the fact each of those characters were insanely talented doesn't help the case. Ming Hua had no arms and learned to bend without them, her chi and bending style is going to be different than on an inherent level so his constructions, plain and simple, won't be as skillful as hers. Bumi was literally an Earthbending King and considered the greatest Earthbender of his generation paralleled only by Toph, so comparing to him again is chalking up to the best. Ty Lee is the greatest practitioner of chi blocking in the world and her agility is truly unparalleled as it's all she has; she isn't a bender. You took these elements for the sake of comparison completely out of content and if used in their right context would entirely make this character a Gary Sue to the roleplay in raw talent. You shouldn't be using, at least not to that extent, that many characters for reference, nor on this level.

Set needs toned down, given more depth and given an identity that isn't a sandbending superhero badass. The concept is fantastic, I do love it, but I feel it was executed without any real notation to the character himself. I know what Set can do, but I don't know who Set is, and I don't even know if, as he is now, there is a character on his level in a roleplay full of highly-talented characters.

Notice

To all those curious about updates or possibly the loss of formatting in the CS section; a lot of that just accidentally was lost when raw copying occurred. I was trying to avoid conflicts with tabs and was working on limited time. I will eventually fix this. In addition to that, I will also eventually update all character sheets by request. However, that is not my current purogative and I do not know when it will come up in the future. There are still plenty more tasks at hand I find more important, and as long as the character sheets serve their purpose, updating them is trivial. I do, however, like to meet the requests of my roleplayers, so at some undefined point in the future I will make this happen. I will figure out just how I'm going to go by these updates when the time comes.

@Prince

It is too bad that you can't give someone the permissions to edit the OP. (Or, maybe you can. I am dumb, so idk.) At least then you could have some help with all the coding. It seems like a lot of work.