I just finished reading everything in the OOC, which is amazing. Love it all, and will begin working on the CS within a few moments. Just need some inspirational music :3

I just updated quite a bit of the information in the Nations category to give a better impression for the different Nations. I felt like, after making them into tabs, they needed a bit more. I didn't really add anything to the Foggy Swamp, Northern Water Tribe or Northern Water Tribe Colonies because they're fairly straightforward. The Nothern Water Tribe preserved most of its culture and the Colonies were a workforce given sovereignty and land where the Water Tribe culture could exist less harshly. It felt really hard to force material for the culture that is most true to canon and the one that is the shortest lived.

Anyway, I did that just a few minutes ago, so you may not have seen said update. I'm working on making the OP look more... sophisticated?

Alright, I'll have to take a look and finish the CS later, got some things to do now :P

But expect the CS either later today or tomorrow.

d2199b67853ffb7df6610e88814004ed-d50kudo.png

[Female | 26 | Fugitive Nomad]

Yoshino is a rather easy going person at first sight, and most people could easily assume she is the type of person who will accidently spill lots of secrets to any person walking by. It is quite the contrary with her, as keeping secrets is one of her top qualities, and misleading people is another, being able to put up a convincing arguement to anything she does, regardless if its the intended action or leading someone to a trap.

She is a kind person once she is certain she can count on someone, and will attempt to help anyway she could. She greatly dislikes seeing military people abuse power or go against helpless citizens if they are simply ordered to do so, and will attempt to intervene if its possible for her.

Traits

Earth Bending

Since childhood Yoshino had trained in Earth bending, so she could become the best bender her father wanted her to become. Her style is mainly about trying and constantly shake the founding of the earth her opponent stands on. She isnt Master level bender, but her style can be compared as a rather smooth earth bending compared to how most benders fight.

Lava Bending

She discovered this very rare and unique ability when she turned 16. Astounded by this ability, which also surprised many people who surrounded her at the time, she dedicated most of her time to become much more capable at using it, and created what she considers to be an addition to her Earth bending. By mixing the Lava bending along with her earth bending, she is capable of ensuring her opponent will need to be on constant move, allowing her allies to attack freely. She can also use the Lava bending to create cover from many different attacks, but needs to be extra careful when she bends it, to avoid accidently harming her allies.

One handed staff skill

When she turned 10, her father brought in an additional trainer to train her with weapons while she also trained her Earth Bending. The weapon she always seemed to choose was a staff, despite her guide and father telling her that she should use more efficent weapons. Upon the age of 16, when she discovered she could Lava bend, she chose to focus on that and stop training with the staff, making her skill with it be good but not overly great. If she needs to fight 1x1 against someone with a weapon from up close, she will often create herself an earth staff to use on the spot, without having a proper staff she constantly carries.

Banjo Playing

While being a fugitive, she got herself a bango and begin trying to play it, learning how to do so over the years of being a fugitive. She became rather good with it, but dislikes when people sing while she is playing the banjo, feeling this is not an instrument that is meant to be accompanied with voices.

Relations & Relationships

Father - Hiroshi (Unknown)
Grandfather - Tyroo (Imprisoned)
Grandmother - Lilia (Deceased)

Mother - Celica (Deceased)
Grandfather - Juro (Deceased)
Grandmother - Sylvia (Deceased)

History

Yoshino's history goes back to before her birth. Her grandparents, Tyroo and Lilia, had been opposing the Phoenix King for quite some time and once they had their only child, they toned down their voices, to allow Hiroshi to grow in a safe as possible enviorment. They also went and tried to teach him that the Phoenix King and his rule is wrong.

Over the years, Hiroshi was confused as to what to believe, until he met his true love, Celica. They were forced to meet in secret due to his parents status and Celica's parents just wanting to stay safe. But Celica slowly affected Hiroshi's opinion and made him believe that the Phoenix King was right and his parents were wrong all along. He came up with a plan to turn his parents in so he and Celica could go and live under the Phoenix King's rule, where true safety lied in their eyes. And soon enough came the time to excecute the plan.

Tyroo and Lilia were ambushed by a few of the Fire Lord's troops following a tip from Hiroshi, who was among the troops, wanting to ensure nothing goes wrong with his plan. Both his parents were capable earth benders and managed to hold their ground for a bit until Hiroshi's helmet was taken off. Taking advantage of the shock that their own son would turn against them, Tyroo tried to make another move, but Hiroshi managed to turn it back against him, with Lilia pushing Tyroo out of the way and being gravely injured. She perished soon afterwards, and Tyroo was taken to the prison, to be thrown there for life for opposing the Phoenix King.

A couple of years after this, Hiroshi and Celica lived happily in New Ba Sing Se, believing that they are on the right side now, when Celica gave birth to Yoshino. Shortly after giving birth, Hiroshi and Celica found out that if Celica tried to give birth again, then she will most likely perish, making the two decide to shape Yoshino into the perfect Phoenix Kingdom soldier.

From the age of 3, at which Yoshino showed clear signs of using Earth bending by small accidents, Hiroshi begun training her how to properly Earth bend himself, but from time to time requested assistance from other loyal earthbenders he knew to help train her. At first it appeared like Yoshino refused to settle on a certain type of earthbending, but soon enough it became clear to Hiroshi what she was trying to do. She was constantly making the other earthbenders move by constantly breaking the earth beneath them. Unfortunatly, it wasn't too effective against other earthbenders, and Yoshino often lost.

At the age of 10 her father decided that she needs to know more than just how to fight with earthbending, and begun bringing instructors to help her master many different types of weapons. To his and the instructor's irritation, she kept insisting on using a one handed staff, which she managed to show some skill in, but during the 6 years of training with it, she never focused on training with it enough, thus not becoming a master with it.

Two months after Yoshino turned 16, she was traveling with her parents to see her grandparents from Celica's side. They were stopped by the Phoenix King's soldiers, who claimed the entire area was burnt down after an elderly couple refused to move out of the village by the orders of the Phoenix King, to allow for a new training field. When asked for the names, the soldier told them the names of Yoshino's grandparents, which surprised her greatly, but her parents remained cool before beginning to head back to New Ba Sing Se. On the way there, Celica confessed that her parents were ex-Fire Nation soldiers who decided to leave after she was born, to provide safety to her.

Celica also revealed that while they were younger they completely supported the Phoenix King and his actions, but as they grew older they begun having mixed emotions, until the past year they were completely against his actions, which is why it didnt came as a surprise that they decided to stand against the Phoenix King soldiers. Shocked at this new knowledge, Yoshino insisted they stop at the first place they can, because she felt like she could just explode with confusion.

At the small town they stopped at, Yoshino walked with her parents around until she saw a small fight between a water bender and a fire bender. She decided to intervene and make the ground beneath the two crack and caused both of the benders to lose their stand, which made both decide to fight Yoshino instead. They barely managed to start attacking due to the constant breaking of the ground, which proved to be somewhat useful. Celica, however, noticed something odd and asked her husband to step back, as she feels there might be something wrong, which Hiroshi simply ignored as he cheered his daughter.

Suddenly the firebender was struck with something slightly liquid, mixed with rocks. Something that felt extremely hot. Yoshino watched with shock as the lava went back to the ground, the waterbender stopped attacking and everyone else who observed the area was deeply surprised too. The most surprised one of all was most likely Yoshino, as she was merely letting her anger out at the two. The waterbender quickly grabbed the partially burnt firebender before running away, and Celica grabbed Hiroshi and Yoshino and quickly dragged them to their transport before heading out of the town.

After this, Yoshino stopped training with her father or any instructor he brought for her, insisting that she needs to focus on her own. While she was half of the time training, she also begun wandering around for extended periods, vanishing from her parents sight and making them worried something was wrong. Yoshino was doubting on who's side she should really be on. Thats when she heard about The Rising, the people who were opposing the Phoenix King. She decided that her parents were showing her only half of the story, and begun meeting with people who knew people from the The Rising, showing interest in joining them and beginning to help. She also changed her attire to appear more neutral, as it was clear people were hesitant toapproach someone with clothes that said 'Phoenix King Soldier'.

Four years prior to present time, upon coming back from one of her trips, she was confronted by her parents, who said she needs to stop vanishing, as it is rising suspicious of her being involved with rebellions. Yoshino told them that they need to shut up, and that she is leaving for good. Celica refused to let Yoshino go and for the first time revealed she knows how to firebend by attacking her own child, telling Yoshino that she will remain where she is. After a fight between Yoshino and Celica, Yoshino came up with the upper hand by using Lava-bending, which was very effective against Celica's fire-bending. But in the final attack, she also burnt half of Celica's body, making her mother drop to the ground. Celica shouted to Yoshino that if she wont learn how to control her Lava bending better, then she will kill everyone around her.

Hiroshi merely watched, speechless by all the went about, before Yoshino went and stood next to him, telling him that she is no longer his daughter, and to forget about her. After this, she left, with Hiroshi hurrying to try and help Celica, but it was too late, as the woman died. Yoshino went and begun helping small oppressions all around, and after a year of doing so, she properly joined the Rising. She also learned during the few years in the Rising that her grandfather was still alive and in prison, and she decided to try and rescue him if possible.

Miscellaneous

Yoshino's Lava bending is mostly unknown by the world, as she tries to only use it against more major threats. She always wears a scarf that hides her mouth and nose while on missions, recruiting or fighting, to avoid her identity being discovered, as she wants to ensure no one tries to use her grandfather or her father as leverage against her. She had also changed her hairstyle shortly after leaving her home, to make it harder to become discovered.

So, I've reviewed and accepted all the characters. We have nine, a biiiit more than what I was aiming for, but I think we can easily swing it.

Fluffy will be acting as a creative advocate for me and thus will be using Tenten as a group leader. I believe the team Tenten will be leading will have Karan-Giri (Cerulean), Yoshino (Nim), and Makki (Raindash).

I will have the larger group of Krane, Tanvi (Capt. Blu), Tao (Valhala), Zarina (Aeronfarron), and Suzzio (Manaxer).

The logic behind the groups is that I wanted them relatively cohesive. Tenten is the eldest character and a waterbender, so she can act as a mentor to Makki while also relate and remain on par to Yoshino and Karan-Giri. The second group is slightly younger and more hotheaded with an airbender trained like a firebender, a firebender trained like an airbender, another firebender trained like a waterbender, an earthbender trained by a master and a chi blocker thrown in the mix. It's a bit chaotic and each character has a lot more to them than I just mentioned, but I believe this is a good setup.

This is also where a line is drawn. Although I will help Fluffy with whatever is needed, the groups will be led by two different people. I'm going to start off my post this weekend (work, new years, work, work) with a campfire-like story-telling session similar to what you might see in Chaucer's Canterbury tales where each member of the group reminiscences about their life through dialogue and then we write in a short flashback as to how they joined the group. So basically, I'm giving you guys: @Capt. Blu , @Valhalla , @Aeronfarron , @Manaxer the opportunity to think through a cool flashback story and PM me some ideas as to how you think Krane might have recruited your character into his group. I also need the chronological order of who was recruited, so I'm literally going to make it first come first serve! Call your order 1-3 since Tanvi is already recruited, and we'll go from there. I want this to be an interesting exposition and I'm haven't decided on the current objective of our group yet. The reason for that is, simply, I wanted to address you, the roleplayers, as to what you think the primary and initial objective of the group should be. Brainstorm some ideas, throw me some inspiration. I want you guys to feel like you're part of this. If, of course, you'd rather I become a bit more linear of a mod, that's fine, too. I have some ideas already, so it's not a huge issue.

Edit: This is also a nod to Cerulean, who suggest we delve into characters' pasts to flesh them out. :D

Anyway, I will have a post up Friday or Saturday starting Krane off with this storytelling no matter what!

With that said, the ideal posting cycle (all five of my group; four for Fluffy) is four days. Since this is in fact the very beginning, I'm going to lengthen that out to a week and cut it down to one day per character per group. So for those in my group, I would like to get cycles done in five days. I don't think that's too much too ask and I don't think that's speedposting either. However, if you have any questions, concerns, or notable downtime, PM me! I'll try to help. I also advise using a buddy system. Pick one person you trust or simply ask one person you feel is capable if, in the event you cannot post during your cycle, that they will puppet your character for you. Then, do the same for them! Two birds with one stone and it increases fluidity of posting without really hurting characters too much.

On a sidenote, I am still in fact looking for one more creative advocate.I believe a large sum of smaller groups will be healthier, so if anyone is interested in stepping up, shoot me a PM! I'll help you design your subplots, integrate things into the story and even just help with general plotting and literary devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Valhalla
So, I've reviewed and accepted all the characters. We have nine, a biiiit more than what I was aiming for, but I think we can easily swing it.

Fluffy will be acting as a creative advocate for me and thus will be using Tenten as a group leader. I believe the team Tenten will be leading will have Karan-Giri (Cerulean), Yoshino (Nim), and Makki (Raindash).

I will have the larger group of Krane, Tanvi (Capt. Blu), Tao (Valhala), Zarina (Aeronfarron), and Suzzio (Manaxer).

The logic behind the groups is that I wanted them relatively cohesive. Tenten is the eldest character and a waterbender, so she can act as a mentor to Makki while also relate and remain on par to Yoshino and Karan-Giri. The second group is slightly younger and more hotheaded with an airbender trained like a firebender, a firebender trained like an airbender, another firebender trained like a waterbender, an earthbender trained by a master and a chi blocker thrown in the mix. It's a bit chaotic and each character has a lot more to them than I just mentioned, but I believe this is a good setup.

This is also where a line is drawn. Although I will help Fluffy with whatever is needed, the groups will be led by two different people. I'm going to start off my post this weekend (work, new years, work, work) with a campfire-like story-telling session similar to what you might see in Chaucer's Canterbury tales where each member of the group reminiscences about their life through dialogue and then we write in a short flashback as to how they joined the group. So basically, I'm giving you guys: @Capt. Blu , @Valhalla , @Aeronfarron , @Manaxer the opportunity to think through a cool flashback story and PM me some ideas as to how you think Krane might have recruited your character into his group. I also need the chronological order of who was recruited, so I'm literally going to make it first come first serve! Call your order 1-3 since Tanvi is already recruited, and we'll go from there. I want this to be an interesting exposition and I'm haven't decided on the current objective of our group yet. The reason for that is, simply, I wanted to address you, the roleplayers, as to what you think the primary and initial objective of the group should be. Brainstorm some ideas, throw me some inspiration. I want you guys to feel like you're part of this. If, of course, you'd rather I become a bit more linear of a mod, that's fine, too. I have some ideas already, so it's not a huge issue.

Edit: This is also a nod to Cerulean, who suggest we delve into characters' pasts to flesh them out. :D

Anyway, I will have a post up Friday or Saturday starting Krane off with this storytelling no matter what!

With that said, the ideal posting cycle (all five of my group; four for Fluffy) is four days. Since this is in fact the very beginning, I'm going to lengthen that out to a week and cut it down to one day per character per group. So for those in my group, I would like to get cycles done in five days. I don't think that's too much too ask and I don't think that's speedposting either. However, if you have any questions, concerns, or notable downtime, PM me! I'll try to help. I also advise using a buddy system. Pick one person you trust or simply ask one person you feel is capable if, in the event you cannot post during your cycle, that they will puppet your character for you. Then, do the same for them! Two birds with one stone and it increases fluidity of posting without really hurting characters too much.

On a sidenote, I am still in fact looking for one more creative advocate.I believe a large sum of smaller groups will be healthier, so if anyone is interested in stepping up, shoot me a PM! I'll help you design your subplots, integrate things into the story and even just help with general plotting and literary devices.

Alright!!! This is gonna be so crazy and awesome. To the storyboard in my head!!! *flies away*

Just so my mind isn't playing tricks on me. You want us to write a dialog version of our back story and then give you a few idea about how we got recruited ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same, this looks cool. Although... maybe I should have waited on posting. Oh well, at least Makki's in the crazy waterbender leader's team. That ought to prove cool and interesting.

Just so my mind isn't playing tricks on me. You want use to write a dialog version of our back story and then give you a few idea about how we got recruited ?
Well, yes and no. Each respective character will tell a story about themselves through the campfire, but in the same post, there will be a flashback as to how your character joined the group. It might take a little bit longer to do it this way, but it streamlines multiple stories and it won't be sloppy or forced. That's why its important to know who was recruited in what order. I will make an example with Krane flashbacking to how Uquo recruited him, Tanvi will flashback to how Krane recruited her and from there it will just follow order. We're basically doing two different things in our first posts.

@RainDash it's not big deal. We can retcon it or work it in. I'll talk to Fluffy. :D

Also, if you're worried about powerplaying other people's characters in your flashblack sequence, just do it from the perspective of your character and gingerly use NPC's or other characters to create the effects you want. I will help out anyone in need. These don't have to be long, honestly.

This is a quite late and overdue hello to the group~ And the information is noted.

@RainDash it's not big deal. We can retcon it or work it in. I'll talk to Fluffy. :D
Sounds good. Send me a PM if you need me to do anything. I don't mind reworking the post of simply deleting it. Just lemme know the plan.

Not to worry @Manaxer my Anti-Spiral is harmless. Which is a lie.

I've recently gotten over the flu and am dealing with my son having it, so apologies if I haven't made a proper introduction. Lots to deal with, you know? But things are finally getting better, so! I'm trying to get back on track with RPs this week.

I'll put some thought into how we'll give our introductions. Mayhaps we can all discuss this through a convo together? Otherwise we can discuss it here, whatever people are comfortable with. Either way, I'll be glad to summarize our decision and put it here so everyone knows what's going on. While I am quite nervous about leading, I want to be as helpful as I can be. :3

I've recently gotten over the flu and am dealing with my son having it, so apologies if I haven't made a proper introduction. Lots to deal with, you know? But things are finally getting better, so! I'm trying to get back on track with RPs this week.

I'll put some thought into how we'll give our introductions. Mayhaps we can all discuss this through a convo together? Otherwise we can discuss it here, whatever people are comfortable with. Either way, I'll be glad to summarize our decision and put it here so everyone knows what's going on. While I am quite nervous about leading, I want to be as helpful as I can be. :3

So, any ideas on whom recruits whom in Prince's group?

@Valhalla already called first place after Tanvi. I believe. Manaxer is waiting to see Capt. Blu and my examples later. However, I will allow some creative freedom as to how a character is recruited beyond chronological order. So.. if you have some ideas you think are cool, shoot me a PM.

@Valhalla already called first place after Tanvi. I believe. Manaxer is waiting to see Capt. Blu and my examples later. However, I will allow some creative freedom as to how a character is recruited beyond chronological order. So.. if you have some ideas you think are cool, shoot me a PM.

That's fine actually. I was wondering if it'd be ok if Valhalla's character recruited mine. I'll pm you now.

Because I know it happened at least once, if you signed up with a friend, please PM me that you did. That's fairly useful information and I can use it to make things more stable.