Avalus Academy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I hadn't opened it yet so I assume it was." Ishtar shrugged. "Whitey! We definitely started off on the wrong foot." She confidently strode forward and offered her hand to the seemingly nervous creature. "How about you meet me when you aren't face first in my boobs?" Her smile would tell them all that she was completely teasing him right now. "I am Ishtar Lunore, rebellious teenager extraordinaire runaway. And you, my little creature, are?"

"Un momento por favor."
Vralik held a finger up before dashing down the stairs. It took him several minutes to find the room in question, going around the seventh floor. It was the one that was unoccupied with a key still in the lock. Unfortunately, as he tried to pull up the frame, he found it very much locked. It was sealed against magic as well, to prevent mischief at night. The headmaster was loose enough with students to allow them to have fun. He was not without restrictions however. With a sigh, the man came back up the stairs to whatever sight might be there. His hair was slightly windswept as he tried to calm it down from the agitation
"So . . . yeah, it's locked."

Third time's the charm, as the saying goes. Samuel had to admit that this was the most civilized meeting they'd had thus far. That didn't stop him from turning beet red. However, he had the presence of mind to know that this was his best chance to prove that he was not, in fact, a perverted cowardly weirdo. Or at least, not the first of those three.

Swallowing hard, he forced himself to meet Ishtar's eyes. That was challenge enough, but then she extended her hand. Her right hand. Although he'd hoped to prevent more awkwardness, some slight strangeness is unavoidable in all things. "S...Samuel. Samuel Grey," he said, forcing his voice to remain level. He shook her hand with his left. "Um...I have yet to acquire any exceptional titles, save perhaps 'gardener'. If you ever need fruits or vegetables or herbs or spices...seasonably allowing, of course, I will gladly supply you." He paused before averting his gaze. "Er...my sincere apologies for o-our earlier encounter. I should have been more diligent." Most people would have known she was joking, but Samuel was a bit too serious in some regards. Or perhaps humorless was more accurate?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ixidor92
With a quick change of hands, Ishtar grabbed his hand with her left hand and pulled him towards her in a welcoming weird hand shake of her own. She also pounded him on the back with about half of her strength. "Gardening is incredibly useful, my friend. You should show me this garden some time." She smiled with her classic wink, which was probably incredibly cute to the male species. "Since everything is locked up, I have to stay in someone else's room. Don't everyone jump at once, though Shades already offered his services." Her look was now quite mischievous.

Reactions: Ryrax
Vralik bit the inside of his cheek as he thought. Some might have an issue with a new student sleeping in a different room, but given the circumstances . . .
"Well . . . if Nyx has offered then that's probably a decent temporary solution. Will you be okay for the night? And should I stop by in the morning to head over to the pool?"
Vralik always woke up early in the morning--though he had a commitment he would have to take care of first . . .

"Then au revoir, boys." Ishtar stepped through the open door. "I need some form of pajamas and directions on how to turn on the hot water. And yes, Bonnie Blue, you should stop by and get me in the morning. Some swimming would be nice. Maybe some flying if you can give me warning and be careful with me." She stuck her head out with a droll look. "Be gentle with me, I'm new to all this." She stuck her head back in and headed for the door that Nyx had said was a bathroom."

Samuel bowed slightly as he bid them "Good night". Though he was still a bit flustered at her cheeriness - he was pretty sure she could murder a man with that wink - all in all he had to admit he was satisfied that they were starting on the right foot now. He watched Nyx follow Ishtar into the room. That one he still wasn't certain about, but he'd seen him around enough to know he wasn't any trouble. She would be in safe hands. Wait, did he suddenly care so much? Is that all it takes for someone to worm their way past his bubble? A handshake and a wink?

This is the problem people like Samuel have. Because of his lifetime of solitude, he'd deluded himself into thinking that he was fine alone, that he had no need for anyone but himself. That was, of course, just denial of a basic human need, a 'sour grapes'-esque declaration that if it was something he couldn't have, he didn't even want it anyway. As he was finding out now that he had social contacts, he was starving for friendship more than he could know.

He headed back to his dorm, yawning as he shut the door behind him. Stripping off his regular clothing and donning a pair of silk pajamas, he clambered into bed for the evening. The mental and emotional exhaustion of the day finally caught up to him, and he was out cold in seconds.

Vralik waved good-bye at everyone before climbing up a few more flights of stairs to the very top floor. His room was simple, but comfortable, with a bed that had several blankets, a boom-box, a game system and a small monitor, along with several books strewn about his desk and chairs in a messy fashion. His window frame was noticeably scratched and worn, as if it had been used far more than a normal person would have. This was not untrue, as the man often departed through the window rather than his door. After a few minutes of brushing his teeth and getting into blue fuzzy pajama pants, Vralik curled up into bed. Within minutes he was snoring, and would wake fresh with the sunrise next morning.

After a quick shower and donning some pajamas, Ishtar walked out of the room and saw that Nyx still seemed hesitant. With a bit of stubbornness, the two crawled into bed and Ishtar fell asleep quickly. During the night, Ishtar rolled over and snuggled up next to the warm body in the bed. It had been months since she had slept in a real bed and normally she and her sister slept with each other to conserve heat. She wasn't actually used to sleeping alone and she had silently thanked the fates for that key being lost.
---
Morning broke, birds were singing, the campus was coming alive. All except for Ishtar that is. She was currently holding onto Nyx with a strong grip as she was in the throws of a dream. Ishtar was trying to protect and hold onto her sister in this dream and as it continued the grip became tighter and tighter.

The morning sun was just starting to peak over the horizon, and Vralik was not in his bed. In fact, he was not anywhere in his room. He was instead on top of the dorm building, with a mop in his hands and a very large bucket of water. Two rags were strapped to his feet, and his hair was pulled up into a short high ponytail. On the edge of the roof, protected by a glyph on the ground, lay the boombox from his room. Any water that came into contact with the glyph evaporated immediately, leaving the electronics intact. It was blasting music as loud as it possibly could, while Vralik swayed back and forth along the roof, dashing across the roof and spreading sudsy water with his mop and the mop feet. The whole time, he was singing quite audibly into the mop handle as if it were a microphone. After all, there was no one to really bother up here, and the actual dorm rooms were at least two floors down. Once he was finished, he planned on stopping by Nyx's room.

Dawn broke across the campus, with the suns rich light bringing life back to the quieted school. The window in Nyx's room faced east, and the warmth of the suns morning rays and the birdsong of the morning roused Nyx from his slumber. Though something was off, he noticed, when he had issues moving an arm, and he was a fair bit warmer than normal. Noticing the blue-and-silver aura nestled up next to him, he realized what had probably happened. Sometime in the night, he or Ishtar had moved closer to the other, sharing in each others warmth and presence. Thinking about it, it felt good, and he was incredibly reluctant to end it. Looking a wall across from him, where a large format wall clock, with hands imbued with magic, he realized it was barely 6:30. The only things on campus open yet were the McDonalds and the emergency room.

'I'll let her sleep a bit longer, seems like she could use it.' he thought to himself. Laying his head back down, he had decided to get a bit more sleep himself, when the pressure started. "Oof!" Getting his lungs slowly depressed by the sleeping girl was rather uncomfortable, so he improvised. A trick he had picked up, small in usefulness, was to pull static electricity to his hand from an abundant source, and zap someone or thing with it. It was no more intense than you'd get from a dry, winter day when you'd touch a doorknob. Focusing hard, he pulled on the static electricity produced by the bed, hair, and fabrics, which wasn't much, and put it into his left hand. The hand trapped between him and Ishtar. 'Maybe I should've thought this through a bit better' he thought to himself as he did so, remembering just too late that it'd probably shock him too.

As soon as the shock hit her, Ishtar's entire body tightened dramatically in the shock. It didn't actually wake her up. She actually felt in the dream and thought it was something shooting at her and Sekhmet. Her entire body was no unconsciously gripping onto Nyx as the dream suddenly took a dark and terrifying turn as Ishtar found that she could not actually hold onto her sister and she was slowly slipping out of her grasp. Ishtar was muttering the name 'Sekhmet' in her sleep as she fought through the dream. She wasn't aware yet that she was dreaming or she would be trying to get out of the dream.

"Ooohf!!" and the pressure kept growing, and it was getting to a painful point. He realized that she was dreaming about something involving a 'Sehkmet'. He wasn't sure what was going on, but it probably wasn't good, which led him to the crux of his issue, how to wake her up without being an asshole. ...He figured he could try the shock again, and blame on the AC drying out the room. 'Doctor, turn up the voltage, stat!' he thought to himself, 'and... clear!' A second shock issued itself from Nyx's hand, a bit more powerful than the previous.

Reactions: Ryrax
"....YYYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Ishtar awoke when she felt the jolt. The positioning of the hand made the shock go through certain areas and suddenly the blood was rushing more furiously through that area of her body. And other effects immediately appeared. She had flashback to a club incident involving someone who had a fetish for electrocution. Then, she bolted up and moved up against the wall. ".....why...the bloody hell fire...would you send a jolt of something...WHEN YOUR HAND IS SO PRECARIOUSLY PLACED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????" Since she had taken her bra off before sleeping, there were two interesting points in the pajama shirt.

Wheezing heavily as he sits up, he stares at her with the empty voids of his eyes, seemingly black pits of nothing. "You were having a nightmare, and were squeezing the life out of me, " he wheezed, and you could the bright red tone of his arm as oxygen rich blood rushed into the limb. "And I was running out of air. I apologize for any issues, but I don't know where my hand was" he managed to cough out.

Ishtar then realized that this guy didn't rally have eyes. In fact, there was just darkness where the eyes should be. "...are you blind or can you actually see me?" Then the tingling feeling returned to her and she flattened against the wall. "Your hand was-...." How to put this. These guys were definitely a bit challenged in this subject. Perhaps blunt technical terms? Maybe not quite so blunt. "...your hand was placed next to my groin region." She gave him her hardest stare and her magical markings began to glow slightly. "And the shock...started a lot of blood pumping..." She really hoped he got the gist of what she was trying to say.

"Yes, I can see you, just not necessarily they same way you see me." Nyx said, still wheezing a little, "And again, I apologize, but that was probably the most polite way I could've woken you up." Holding up a hand to forestall any argument, he continued, "It was either a small zap, or me desperately flailing for my life." Rubbing his recovering should gingerly, he added, "You've got a bit more arm strength than I was expecting." Thinking to the later part of her statement, he realized why she might be a little more aggravated than he expected, "...ahh, as to the later part of your statement, I had no intention of affecting you that way, not yet, and especially not while your not conscious and consenting, and I am deeply sorry that it happened this way."

• Love
Reactions: Cyrionessa
"...not yet?" Ishtar's flew wide open. "You...had designs on me...already...?" It looked like she was going to burst out and kill him probably but then she relaxed and started laughing hysterically. "Oh man! Did I underestimate you apparently! I'm going to have to keep my eye on you." The eyes of a flirtatious vixen were out now; she never let anyone beat her at what she considered to be her own game. "So you can't see this?" As a test, she pulled the shirt up and over her head as she slid down the bed to stand up on the floor.

"If by designs, you mean planning on asking you out after you had settled in? Probably," he said, watching her pull her shirt up over head. Her aura, a soft sliver tinted blue, surrounded her and glowed from within. As with all things of a magical nature, her aura illuminated her body, as if her skin was glass she were filled with a swirling silver smoke. Her excitement earlier had sent her magic into a spin, the aura brightening several shades, and now it brightened again, indicating her elevated emotional state. Normally, clothes, magical or non, diffused or hid the internal glow of magic-users, leaving just the surrounding aura to indicate who, what, and where they were to him, but having seen Ishtar's chest bared for him to see was a special moment. "But I can honestly say that those are the best tits I've ever seen," Nyx managed to cough out, trying desperately to draw upon his friend's charisma and confidence. "Even if they're the only ones I've seen," he added a moment later, in what was intended to be a silent thought to himself.

"...I so need to get you out to Janko's...woman dancing around topless is the norm." Ishtar chuckled. Then, out of further curiosity and the need to get changed at some point, she dropped the pajama pants as well and starting walking around the room in her pretty light blank thong. "I've been told that seeing me is a unique experience because of these." She gestured towards the markings. Maybe she should have warned him that she didn't mind showing off? "What do you think? Is it a unique experience?"

Status
Not open for further replies.