Avalus Academy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"My...unique vision is a bit picky, I can see you in glorious detail because you are so deliciously magical, so the odds of me having any fun at a topless bar are remarkably low," Nyx managed to choke out, his breathing still recovering, and Ishtar's prancing about all but nude was not doing much to help. "But why is it unique, aside from you being so... visible?" he asks, a little nervous.

"Because they glow more when I feel strong emotions, such as happiness." Ishtar walked towards the bathroom. "They weren't shining much yesterday, except in my room when you first showed it to me." Her clothes were on the floor but she really had no drive to put them back on. A fresh pair of clothes would have been nice. "...so, when do I get the key so I can get fresh clothing? Or is Vralik going to come down here and find me like this." Her hips moved suggestively as she was facing away from him. "I think he or that other guy might end up with a nose bleed or some other anime crap if they saw me like this."

Smiling a bit as she spoke, he replied, "Oh, yeah, I had forgotten that not everyone can see people's signs as conveniently as I can." As he begrudgingly rolled out of bed, he had a thought. A terrible, delicious thought. A rather uncharacteristic smirk graced his face as he continued, "With how I see the world, its nearly impossible to hide it from me, and its shimmering pulse is incredible." Looking over, she was still standing outside the bathroom, next to her discarded clothes Walking over to her, drawing on all the confidence his friends from his old life tried to instill in him, he reaches his arms around her, and quietly says,"Well, lets see if we can... address your issues..." Bare skin brushes across bare skin, electrifying (not literally this time) his skin, and Nyx...

Slides open the closet. "Lets get you something to wear for a bit, yeah? After that, we'll get you your new key, and stop somewhere for breakfast." His grin looking a little macabre with the state of his eyes, but he felt that turnabout was fair play after her excessive teasing. Not that he really minded, but it was the principle of the thing.

To those uninitiated, Vralik's morning antics could be jarring, and quite the rude awakening. That's how it had been the first few times Samuel had been prematurely awoken by the blue-haired rock star wannabe. Vralik had no concept of volume control: even two stories below, his music and singing were quite audible through the window. Now? Samuel woke with such calm and grace you would expect 'Morning' from Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 to be playing in the background. He rose from his bed, stretching out his arms as he yawned. He slid off the bed and stretched out more as he strode to the window and opened it, letting the crisp morning air further accelerate his awakening. He chucked to himself. "Interesting song selection this morning, Vralik," he mused aloud. Stripping off his pajamas, he entered the bathroom for a nice, hot shower. He would bask in the water and steam for almost thirty minutes before he was satisfied.

The fact that he could enjoy these any time he wanted still took some getting used to. It was the height of luxury to him, especially given his long hair. While on the streets it was, like the rest of him, filthy and heavily matted. Now, he kept it smooth, silky, and strong. Unbeknownst to himself, many of the female students were jealous of his flowing locks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vralik let out a content breath as he surveyed his work.
"That should be clean enough I imagine."
The man wiped his brow with his arm before starting to put his items in the bucket. A quick breeze over the area dried away the remaining water, and the boom box was shut off before Vralik set everything aside next to the roof entrance. He'd be back in another week to clean up once more. It gave him something to do, and also a little bit of credit for campus. Once everything was put away, the man picked up his boom box and leapt off the side of the building, coming to a halt a couple of floors down. He figured he should let Ishtar and Samuel know that he would be ready to go soon. First stop: Samuel. Once again, the flew to Samuel's window, still just as disheveled as he had been when he finished working. However, unlike last night, he found it wide open, with the sounds of a shower from within. Vralik simply smiled and lay his arms down on the edge of the sill, waiting until Samuel walked out of the bathroom, with only a towel to hide his modesty
"You know, anyone sitting outside your window right now has a pretty nice view."

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Ryrax
Ishtar shrugged it off and just grabbed a generic set of clothing. A belt was definitely needed and she felt like she looked like a hoodlum. "So where do we go to get those keys?" She shouldered her bag quickly and tried to forget earlier. "Blue Buns will get here soon."

Vralik had to be joking, of course, as there wasn't much of a 'nice view' in Samuel's ownership. Granted, it wasn't a bad one, either. He was a runner, in multiple senses of the word. He spent several years fleeing for his life from anyone and everything, and his escape methods weren't limited to running down streets and alleys. He was a free-runner, adept at traversing any and all obstacles in his path, getting from point A to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible. His physique was equal parts marathon runner and mountain climber: while not necessarily muscular, well-toned and with plenty of endurance.

Not that Samuel cared much about his own physical attractiveness. It wasn't a thought path he had ever pursued. Even if he had, his mind now was much too busy focusing on the fact that Vralik had caught him in a rather vulnerable and embarrassing state. "Gah?!" he gasped, ducking for cover back into the hall he'd just left. "Vralik? W-w-what are you looking at? What do you want? How long have you been perched there so nonchalantly?"

Vralik chuckled despite himself. He had absolutely no bad intentions towards Samuel, but it was so fun to see him flustered. At least when it was from good-hearted teasing and not accidental lift-off.
"Oh I've only been here for a few minutes. Just finished cleaning up the roof, wanted to check in and see if you were up before I checked on Ishtar, found you were in the shower."
He gave a grin at the young man before propping himself up slightly
"Were you planning on coming to the pool with us? I understand if your'e busy, but I promised the young lady I'd go there with her, and I'm certain she'd be happy if you came along."

Hiding a slight disappointment that apparently he had been unable to tease the woman, he replied, "On the first floor, there's an office at the front that handles all the mail, room assignments, and maintenance." Quickly changing clothes himself, Nyx leads her down to the first floor, and to a room was a placard labeling it 'Office'. "This is where you go whenever there are any sort of issues with the room, dorm, or room mates. The later of which shouldn't be an issue in this dorm, but other dorm offices get swamped by room mate change requests," Nyx said, as a sort of introduction to the office. Opening the door, he revealed the interior, which consisted of a small but clean office, with doors leading to laundry rooms and maintenance workshops. Also revealed were a number of metallic homunculi doing various tasks such as filing papers and fixing broken appliances. "Excuse me," he asked rather politely, addressing a homunculus sitting at a receptionists desk, "A student has lost a key, have any been found or recovered since yesterday?" A small red light next to a placard with the word 'No' typed upon light up, before dousing itself again seconds later. "Ahh, In that case, room 712 needs a new lock, and to a new key to be issued. Are there any issues with that?" The same small red light lit up once more. "Good! Now, my friend here is the resident of room 712, so if you would issue her a new key..." In the first movement the Recep-unculus made, aside from filling out forms with a surprisingly elegant and graceful handwriting, it pressed a series of buttons a on a keyboard, before returning to its task. From the back, another homunculus stepped from the doorway, holding a small paper box in its hands. Striding up to the recep-unculus's desk, it presented it to Ishtar.

Samuel's eyes fell to the ground. "Truthfully I doubt she would care. We're not exactly close, after all. We barely just got on the right foot." He paused, as he realized that perhaps this kind of setting was exactly what he needed to further a healthy, friendly sort of relationship. Besides, it's not like he would be alone with her or anything. Vralik would be there, and that Nyx person would likely be in the vicinity as well, in addition to other anonymous students taking a pleasant swim on a Sunday morning. "Er...perhaps I will tag along after all. But please, stay outside while I change." Without waiting for an answer, Samuel disappeared through the closet to change into his standard wardrobe and brush out his hair.

Ishtar raised an eyebrow but took the key. "Thank you!" She immediately turned heel and headed back to the elevator, dragging Nyx in tow. Once she was finally reunited with her room and her wardrobe, Ishtar quickly changed into her own new clothing. This time, she left Nyx outside of the room after a feeling of discomfort from earlier. Torn jeans and a black tank top were perfect for today, along with her obsidian cross. She wondered when Vralik would show up, whether he'd have Samuel, etc. For future occasions, she unlocked the window so that their friendly neighborhood wind manipulator could get her inside if she ever forgot her key or lost it again.
"Nyx, any sign of Blue Blood?"

"Not yet," he replied, not really sure why she seemingly refused to use his name, even outside his presence, "Do you want to wait for them? Or meet them at the pool, if that is still your plan for the day?"

• Useful
"That's all the more reason to set things straight!"
Vralik gave an earnest laugh and let the man leave
"I'll check on Ishtar and Nyx, I'll meet you on the bottom floor. Don't hurry too much, I need to shower anyway."
The man gave a single-finger salute before falling backwards and letting the wind carry him. First, he stopped by Nyx's room . . . but then found that it was empty. Wondering if they had already gotten a key, Vralik flew around the floor until he came to Isthar's room again. Just in time to here *Nyx, any sign of Blue Blood?* The man gave a smile and popped up on the windowsill as if he had been there the whole time
"You called?"

"Yes, I called." Ishtar flipped around to stare at the window. "Do you ever knock?" She glared irritably at him. "I've had a rough enough morning because of shocking things-" Ishtar glanced at Nyx very meaningfully. "That I don't need anyone freaking sneaking up on me!" She started digging through the bag to make sure that she still had a swim suit in the bag. "I've got everything in here I think. Maybe. Hopefully." She glanced around. "Is the other creature joining us?'

Vralik backed up just a little bit, pulling himself down so that only his eyes were visible above the windowsill
"But your window was open . . . I told you I was coming."
He glanced up at Ishtar somewhat sheepishly before breaking out into a grin and pulling himself back up.
"Would you care to elaborate on this mornings happenings while heading to the pool? Or should I let my imagination go wild? Oh, and to answer your question, Samuel will be meeting us downstairs."

Indeed, the young man would be, but only when he was satisfied with his appearance. After alternating between brushing his hair, adjusting his shirt collar, and smoothing any imaginary wrinkles several times, he finally heaved a sigh of resignation and rolled his sleeves up to just below the elbow. After checking to make sure his room key was in his pocket, he left his room and descended the staircase. He now stood at the dorm's exit, anxiously wringing his hands in nervousness.

"Will you be joining us, Pervy Shades?" Ishtar harrumphed. "Or will you be skipping swimming?" She was just currently happy that her body had recovered from the shock from earlier. It would not do for her body to still be pumping that much blood needlessly. Besides, she had two new creatures to examine today. And she was going to push that flying she had mentioned last night. It would give her a good view of the defence along the walls and perhaps she could find some fun in it. Besides, the blue haired one was thus far the easiest on the eyes...

Frowning, Nyx decided that saying anything about the new nickname Ishtar had bestowed upon would invite questions he didn't really want to answer, especially to a couple of underclassmen he had just barely met. "Well, I've got nothing to do today, since I've got a light class load," he said, frown getting a bit more severe,"but I don't swim, and I'm likely not allowed to." Forcing a bit of cheer onto his face, and into his voice, "Anyway, I'll tag along, if you don't mind. You're just not going to see me in the water."

"Great! I'll see you both downstairs!"
Vralik let go of the wall and let himself fall back, spreading his arms and legs wide with his eyes closed. The air swirled around him, slowing his descent until he came to a gentle stop about a foot off the ground--only about a two or three feet from Samuel's position. The swirling winds keeping him aloft caused grass, leaves, and hair to be blown around just a bit, as he kept himself hovering.
"They should be down in a little bit. Ready to swim?"

The question gave Samuel a moment of pause. "Ah...about that..." he laughed sheepishly. "Though it is a point of embarassment, I have to admit...I truly do not know how to swim."

That was a bold-faced lie.

While he may not be anywhere near Olympic-level, Samuel was a perfectly capable swimmer. His reasons for avoiding the water had nothing to do with his ability to not drown. However, instead of delving into said reason, he decided it would be simpler to just claim he was lacking the skills required. What he hadn't considered is how this little white lie could come back to bite him if challenged, especially given the rambunctious nature of certain members of this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.