Avalus Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vralik had to fight to urge to giggle while underwater. Drowning, after all, was not desired. He was a bit startled as the swirling water around him started to crystalize and become ice. The man took a few breaths when he bobbed up to the surface, trying to wiggle his limbs was a futile effort.
"Do I need a reason to not be serious?"
The man gave a cheeky grin before trying to move at all
"Would you mind letting me move my limbs? It's getting a mite chilly in here."

Trying to suppress laughter at Vralik's current predicament, Samuel drifted over to his frozen friend. "I seem to remember saying that you need to chill out, but I believe this may be taking my advice too literally, don't you agree?" he prodded the ice block, making Vralik wobble to and fro in the water. "I'm afraid miss Ishtar has quite the home-field advantage here. May pose a challenge for you usual antics."

Ishtar smirked as she slowly released the ice from around Vralik's body. "Seriousness when traipsing through my home turf is prudent. As I would be careful if I was flying around with you, you should be careful when you're in my waters." She glanced over towards the side of the pool. "Hey Shades. You alive over there?"

"Hmm?" Distractedly, Nyx responded to being addressed by Ishtar. "Oh, yeah, I'm still here and alive. What do you need?" His introspection had dug a bit deep, and while he hadn't really figured anything out, he could use a good distraction.

Vralik let out a chuckle and slowly stroked his way over to the side of the pool
"I will endeavor to be more cautious then."
Of course, for Vralik, cautious didn't mean he would halt all activities of the sort, just that he would be more careful of when and how he did them. His mind drifted over the words Ishtar had spoken carefully, about how she would be careful in his domain.
"Is that a desire to try going airborne again? You didn't seem so keen on the idea last time."

"Hn." Ishtar grimaced. "That's because you caught me off guard! I'm much more prepared now." Arms crossed, standing up straight, and smirking, she was the picture of a bit of overconfidence. Her eyes trailed over to the side of the pool. "Shades, I'm thinking about having Blue Buns show me how good he is at flying since apparently..." Her eyes fixed back on Vralik. "It seems he just thinks I'm showing off in here. I'm just having fun. But I think it's his turn to "show off" a bit, dontcha think?" She glanced back to Nyx. "And besides, I need people to catch me if he fumbles his precious cargo." She flipped her hair back before looking to Vralik again, this time with a hint of menace. "And he'd better not drop said precious cargo or I'll give him the Captain America treatment."

"You'll throw a shield in my face?"
Vralik tilted his head with a quizzical look before pulling himself out of the pool, water dripping from his hair like an overly-saturated sponge.
"Where on earth did you find room to store such a thing?"
It was difficult to tell from his tone of voice if Vralik was joking or legitimately curious. The answer was that he was mostly joking . . . but he hadn't ruled out the possibility of Ishtar sneaking something away that could be hazardous to his health. The man shook his head a few times, spraying water everywhere, before offering a hand to help Samuel out of the pool.
"Well, it sounds like the lady has spoken."

Taking the offered hand, Samuel stepped out of the pool, his forehead crinkled in confusion. "I'm afraid I must be missing something," he said. "Who is this Captain of America, and what does he have to do with throwing a shield? First of all, why would anyone throw a shield? Isn't that somewhat counter-intuitive?"

Samuel was woefully out of the pop culture loop, completely ignorant to most modern media and entertainment. His expression, combined with his long wet hair limply draped over his body made for a humorously sad sight. He kept darting his gaze between Vralik and Ishtar, hoping they could fill him in.

"You don't know who CAPTAIN AMERICA IS?!?!" Ishtar eyes were wide with great confusion. "What rock do you live under?" And she shook her head at Vralik. "I was referring to the whole thing where Captain America was frozen in ice for 70 years. Not his shield."

Vralik waved a hand with a smile
"Sam prefers some of the simpler things in life as opposed to modern media."
The man did not care for the idea of being frozen solid. After all, he didn't enjoy being a popsicle
"I'd really prefer if you didn't do that. After all, it would be difficult to fly down and grab you."

Status
Not open for further replies.