Avalus Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...well until I have currency of some kind..." Ishtar could tell just by looking that this wasn't her normal level of food. To them, it seemed like sub par food. But to her, it looked like paradise. Free food. Free. No stealing involved. No hunting involved. Just free for her to take. "...I don't know what you're talking about. Free food isn't exactly what I'm used to." And she walked towards the nearest pizza line. She went through a total of five lines getting food before she set it down on a table. Ishtar probably had three times what anyone else had but she didn't care. It was food and to her it tasted like it was deity created.

Vralik tilted his head to the side at Nyx's statement
"I don't think the food here is that bad. It's just not especially great. I agree with you that this shouldn't be the first example of a meal from here though. I have some spare credit if you'd like me to~~~~ . . ."
The man found his last syllable trailing off without anything to support it as Ishtar walked into the canteen of her own accord. Vralik found himself shrugging his shoulders at Nyx before following Ishtar to a table. His eyes went from her plate, to her face, and back to her plate
"Are you really going to eat all that?"

Ishtar was already done with one plate and starting on the second. "Do you know how long it's been since I've had a full meal?" She could barely speak in between bites. "Do you know how long it's been since I've gotten to eat food that is freshly prepared?"

Sitting down next to Ishtar, with a tray loaded more reasonably, he caught view of her mountain of food. In her excitement over food, her aura was glowing quite bright, illuminating the outlines of the food and table, making it relatively easy to snag a fry from her tray and pop it in his mouth. "Now, supposedly," *chew, chew, swallow*, "I'm supposed to chastise you. You're in relatively safe place, where food is a question of 'do I want to eat', rather than 'Can I eat'. Personally," he says, dodging the flashing cutlery as Ishtar devours her food, "I don't care. I was on tour with a band, and their manager had their shows so tightly packed, there were a couple times where they had to do shows without having eaten in the preceding 36 hours."
Judging that another foray onto her tray was a dangerous endeavor, especially for someone who is, at best seeing silhouettes of anything that wasn't inherently magical, Nyx took a bite of his own food, a burger of some kind. "First time it happened, could be an accident in scheduling combined with over-enthusiasm from the band. Second time, " *Chew, Chew, Chew, swallow* "The manager is being an ass, and the band needs to talk to him. Third time though, and that's when I stepped in. Gave the wanker a piece of my mind, and convinced the band to get a new manager. Last I heard, they had just been signed by a major label."
"The point is, " he says after another bite of burger, "is that I understand getting food after not being able to have it regularly, or often." *Chew, Chew, cHEW, swallow* "Just keep in mind that its not going to run away, its not going to disappear, and no one is going to realistically stop you from eating." 'Unless,' he added in his head, 'You do something to warrant a serious punishment.'

Reactions: Ryrax
Vralik raised an eyebrow at Isthar when she asked him the questions. Of coursel he had no way of actually knowing the answer to that question. Yet somehow . . . it didn't seem like she wanted him to reply
"Um . . . no?"
The statement came before Nyx dove into a small spiel of his own, shedding some insight on the subject. It was something Vralik lacked, having been at the academy for as long as he could remember, and having been completely disowned by his family at the time. He didn't even remember their faces, much less what they thought of magic or anything of the sort. The academy was all he knew, apart from the occasional venture outside . . . which in general ended up going badly for him.
"All I'll say is you might want to slow down a little. Give your body some time to catch up with your brain."

"......" Ishtar sat back after the fourth plate. "You may be carrying me out of here..." Perhaps it was a little too much food. Maybe. And if she could have this every day, she would have the energy to properly train her body back up to its prime. And there were plenty of places for off the wall climbing and jumping. She was a survivalist and she was going to train like one.
"Is there something resembling a club around here? Or some place with loud booming music?"

"Well . . . if you're talking about a proper dedicated club building then no. There isn't anything like that on campus. However, students can rent out rooms in buildings or even spaces on the grounds where they can party. There's generally at least one every weekend, though who decides to start it is different."
Vralik started absentmindedly twisting one lock of hair around his pointer finger as he thought.
"I can find out if/where such a gathering would be tonight or tomorrow if you wanted me to . . . though it may be best to walk around and wait for you to digest a little before we do anything of the sort."
The man gave a knowing smile at Ishtar's sat-back posture. She hadn't listened to him

"Okay, Blue Bell." Ishtar stood up for a second and attempted stretching. Her face cringed a bit as she did so. "I would love for you to find that out for me. And I would love to change into something more attractive." Having an actual wardrobe was incredible. Ishtar had gone to many underground nightclubs where magic use was okay. The locations always changed to avoid capture. "Where did the little pervert go from earlier?" She said it with a teasing edge.

• Nice Execution!
"Little pervert? You mean Samuel?"
Vralik processed the thought for a moment before he dropped into gut-busting laughter. If he wasn't in the middle of a loud and crowded cafeteria, he probably would have drawn more than a few eyeballs. He forced himself to stop after a minute or two, taking in a deep breath before speaking
"Sam is many things, but a pervert is not one of them. As for where he is . . ."
Vralik took a slightly more serious tone before looking out the window
"I imagine he's gone to his room. He tends to do that when thrust into a violent social situation."

• Thank You
"Well, the kid needs to brighten up a bit. He acted like I was going to destroy his soul or something." Ishtar chuckled. "Go drag him out? While I find something more appropriate to wear...though I may need a pair of scissors and a sewing kit first." She could do a lot with a wardrobe full of clothes and you'd be surprised with what you could do with plain t-shirts.

• Useful
"Well . . . I can certainly go and find him, but I don't think a party would be the thing that brings Samuel out of his hidey-hole."
In Vralik's somewhat limited experience with Samuel and social situations, the man preferred smaller gatherings--that is if he went at all. The amount he was willing to speak was in direct opposition to the amount of people present. A party with loud music, dancing, and general excitement sounded like the exact opposite of what would excite the young man.
"I wouldn't change just yet, let me see if anything is going on tonight."
Vralik gave a quick smile at both Isthar and Nyx before walking out of the canteen. There was a rush of wind from the entrance before anyone looking out the window would see a human-shaped blur moving quickly through the sky

Staring at the streak of wind magic residue, Nyx muttered under his breath,"show off ." Turning back to Ishtar, he said,"So, are you ready to head back to the dorm? I've no doubt that today has been rather long for you." Observing her, and her sluggish movements from food satiation, he jokingly asked, "Are you good to walk? Or do you really need someone to carry you?"

"If there's a man strong enough to carry me, he can do it. But since I don't know if that's the case..." Ishtar started to move to take the plates back. "I guess I'll just have to make do." For once, she did envy the ability to control the air around you. This would make things easier by a great deal. "That bed back in the dorm is going to feel so good."

"Don't worry about the trays, they get some of the younger kids to bus tables for pocket money," Nyx commented, and if you looked you could indeed see some rather short figures dashing through the crowds with empty and mostly-empty trays. "So if you're ready to go, let's," he finished, gesturing towards the door. "I've got a bed of my own, as soft and wonderful as yours, that sounds incredibly appealing, and if carrying you gets me there faster, I'll do it."

Last edited by a moderator:
"...you sure you can carry me and see where you're going?" Ishtar had not forgotten about how he hadn't even recognized the two from earlier. Not knowing everyone was not a crime but not recognizing someone who had been around for quite a while by the looks of it seemed fishy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The logic wasn't tracking for nyx. Why would carrying someone affect his ability to see? "...Yeah? No reason I can think of that I wouldn't. I mean, I'm no weightlifter, but you're not exactly a giant either," he said, tones of confusion seeping into his words.

"Hmm..." Ishtar raised an eyebrow. "Then please do so. I'm exhausted. All I want to do is curl up in bed for a few moments..." Her words trailed off; she hadn't really realized how tired she really was. "Just *yawn* curl up and get warm for a few minutes...if only there was a radio or something in there. Then it would be perfect..."

"Alright then, " Turning around, and taking knee, he said, "Hop on, and we'll get going. And you should have an alarm clock in your room; it should be a clock radio."

Ishtar sluggishly hopped onto his back and rested her head lazily on his right shoulder. "You can show me that when we get back." Her eyes were half open as she spoke. It wasn't fully dark yet so she took in the sunset that was fading in the distance and how the warm colors flooded the campus. She was glad her window pointed in that direction so she could see it whenever she wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.