Avalus Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standing up was a unique feeling for him, as he'd never piggybacked anyone anywhere before, but fortunately Ishtar was reasonably light, though navigating the door was a little tricky. As he walked along the sidewalks, he pointed some of the other things that had gotten glossed over, a few restaurants, a bookshop, the corner store, etc... Fifteen minutes later, they arrive at Ishtar's door, and Nyx realizes something. 'Doors on single-suites lock on close.' "Yo, Ishtar, mind getting your key out?"

"Thanks, I guarantee you you'll have a few extra visitors!"
Vralik shouted behind his back before jumping out the third-story window of one of the academic buildings. There was actually nothing truly prepared for tonight, only a few private gatherings. But a couple of students had gotten together to plan a party on the grounds Sunday evening, where anyone was welcome to come. As Vralik floated down, he was about to head back to Isthar and Nyx--when he was hit with the thought he hadn't talked to Samuel yet. Maybe . . . even if he didn't come to the gathering tomorrow, he might be willing to come to the pool. He and Ishtar deserved a proper introduction, rather than the botched entry that was his fault. It was a few minutes later that Samuel would have heard a soft knocking at his window
"Sam? May I come in?"

• Thank You
Reactions: Ryrax
Samuel had been awake for a few minutes, having woke from his sleep due to a nightmare. It was always the same one, but that didn't make it any less distressing. He'd managed to towel off the cold sweat he'd found himself in - the bathroom of his suite was small but efficient, located through the small walk-in closet - when he heard the sound of knuckles on glass. Samuel went over to his window and opened the blinds. If someone had been at his door, he would have been more anxious to put a shirt on, but he only knew one person who would knock on the window. Sure enough, there was Vralik. Samuel slid the window up and open.

"Good evening, Vralik. I figured that was you." He winced at the sunset, which was bright from this angle, as if the sun's last hurrah before it handed over the night shift to the moon. "Something I can assist with...?"

"...key...?" Ishtar was half asleep on his shoulder now. "You never handed me a key..." The thought actually jolted her awake. "I don't have the key. You had it..." She slid down to a standing position and look him square in the glasses. "Shades, did you lose my key?"

"...What? Why would I have lost it?" Nyx asks quizzically, "The last time I saw it, I put in the lock and turned it, and held the door open for you. After that you were the one to close it." With a quick check of his pants pockets, he turned up his wallet and his own room key, but nothing else. "So either you left in the lock when you closed the door, or picked it up, pocketed it, and then changed clothes. This is not me trying to pass blame, " he quickly added, with how quickly she had turned to magic for violent vengeance he was rather reluctant to piss her off, "But trying to figure out where the key is so you can get some sleep, so if you wouldn't mind checking your pockets?"

• Love
Vralik gave a smile at Samuel, but since he hadn't yet answered his question, the man remained hovering outside with his arms on the windowsill.
"Well . . . first I wanted to apologize. I didn't really have a chance to before you left after . . . after my mishap earlier this morning."
The man let his forehead hit the windowsill in response
"So . . . I'm really sorry. I won't let that happen again."

"Do these leather pants look like they have pockets?" Ishtar gestured down to the tight leather surrounding her lower half. She did however check for it in her bag. "...not in the bag. I don't have any pockets. It's not in the jacket..." She thought back. "I just closed the door. I didn't pull out the key..." She immediately began to scan the floor. "And it's not down on the floor..." There was a hint of panic in her voice now.

After a moment's befuddlement, Samuel grinned softly and shook his head. "It was an accident. Don't fret over it." He paused for a second before adding, "I...my room isn't very exciting, but did you want to come in for a minute or two?"

It wasn't until after Vralik drifted in the window and Samuel shut it behind him that he noticed that the shattered radio still lay in pieces all over the room. "Ah...pardon the mess," he muttered nervously as he started hurriedly gathering up the fragments and stacking them in a pile on the desk.

Sighing heavily, he looks at Ishtar and says, "If it was left in the lock, housekeeping probably picked it up for safekeeping. If they don't have it, they can change the lock for you, and issue a new key for you. The problem," pausing here, he adds, "is that they've all left by now." Sighing again, he gives up, and says, "Alright, follow me." Walking back down the hallway, he turns around and asks, "Alright, hold out your hand."

"....okay....?" Ishtar held out her hand tentatively. "What are you doing, Shades?" She looked at him inquisitively.

Pulling out his room key, he places it quickly in her hand, "That is my room key, of which there are three. One is held by housekeeping, one by government employees in the capitol, the last in your hand." Pointing at the door to his side, he continues, "This is my room, and I like to think its pretty nice. You should be fine spending the night in there, and I'll meet up with you in the morning to get your new room key, okay?"

Vralik gave a grateful smile as he floated into the room. He was glad there were no grudges held over his accident that morning. He tilted his head at the scattered pieces of radio all over the room. It looked almost like a small explosion had gone off, but the man didn't want to pry after the previous incident.
"Um . . . have a bit of an accident today?"
Vralik turned one of the chairs towards him with a few fingers, spinning it on one chair leg until it was in a position for him to sit down in
"By the way Ishtar, that woman from earlier today, would like to see you again."
The man paused for a moment before his eyes bolted wide open and he waved his hands frantically in front of himself
"And not to berate you or anything like that--I just thought a proper introduction would be nice after the fiasco earlier today."

"...I cannot kick you out of your room." Ishtar immediately thrust the key back into his hand. "You are going to sleep in your own bed. I can sleep anywhere, on the floor even. But I'm not kicking you out of your room. I'll either go sleep in outside or find somewhere else. I refuse to kick you out of your room." She crossed her arms stubbornly and squared her shoulders.

"You're not kicking me out, I'm offering it to you," he said, getting a little indignant, and added, "I saw how you attacked the food earlier, and I've seen it before in other new students. Ones who'd been on the run for months, or even years. When was the last time you had a bed you could sleep deeply in, a room where the threat of discovery didn't gnaw at the back of your mind?" Holding the key out for her, he says, "And since I may have been the reason why you aren't sleeping in your own room, your own bed, tonight, there is no way I could stand being comfortable in mine while you slept on the ground or couch, or wherever you might've ended up sleeping."

• Love
"...you could always...sleep in the same bed....or at least in the same room...you know..." Ishtar was saying this cautiously. "I'd need a shower first...and I don't have pajamas." She was getting slightly awkward now. "Could take a shower...and go to bed?"

Like an old mercury thermometer, you could see the red rise up through Samuel's face. Could he even pluck up the courage to talk to that woman? Though it was a relief to hear she didn't intend to murder him. He knew Vralik wouldn't lie to him.

"I-I see...very well then..." Though he was pretty sure he didn't have all the pieces, the radio shards were mostly collected and in a sizable pile on the desk. He put his shirt back on, smoothed the wrinkles in his clothing, and brushed his hair. "Alright then," he said with a deep breath, as if bracing himself for the social encounter, "Let us depart. Was there an intended meeting location?" He asked as he opened the door to his room and stepped out the door, waiting for Vralik.

Now, Vralik originally had no intention of dragging Samuel out of his room to meet the young woman tonight. But . . . probably best to do it sooner rather than later.
"I'm going to be heading to the pool with her tomorrow, a venture which you are certainly welcome to join in. As for tonight, she was heading back to her dorm room, if we hurry we can catch her before she's locked in."
The man gave a quick smile and opened the window, sitting on the edge of the sill.
"I'll see you on the ground flo--"
Then it hit Vralik that they were actually in the same very large dorm, they only had to go up a couple floors.
"Never mind."
Almost somberly, Vralik closed the window back up and started to head up the stairs. It didn't take long for them to come across the scene of Ishtar and Nyx in their light argument.
"Um . . . is now a bad time you two?"

Nyx was cautious about the whole thing, not wanting to overly invade her personal space and privacy, "If, and only if, you are comfortable with the idea, then that compromise works," he said, a little nervously. Sliding the key into the door, he held it open, and said, "Ladies first, oh, and the bathroom is on left."

"Oh Blaze Blue. Hi. Funny story." Ishtar chuckled nervously. "We lost my key and I'm going to have to stay in someone else's room tonight."

Vralik tilted his head to the side and walked a bit closer, though slowly enough that Samuel could follow behind him. He wasn't going to drag the poor man out here and then leave him high and dry
"Well, I came by with Samuel so that you two could be properly acquainted. Was your window locked when you left?"
He left the question hanging, thinking its implications rather obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.