Status
Not open for further replies.
@QuakeUPSB

Yeah's it's a bit strange. Iwaku has a very useful bbcode help page that details how to use {spacer] and {/spacer] commands, but with proper brackets, to indent paragraphs, which I messed around with for the intro post but I started to feel like it was a bit excessive to achieve something that wasn't in the typical format of the website anyway.

@Epsir

Yeah, I feel like I'll probably delve into all that stuff once I finish worldbuilding for a RP I'm doing. But until then, I'll just stick to standard posting and living with no indentation. lol

Posted on my phone at work during break, so if text colour seems a bit odd, that's why.

And yes, Emily doesn't want to reveal her last name. She's scared of someone recognizing it on a wanted list for her previous acts of banditry. (Though it's a bit paranoid, odds are good most people wouldn't remember.)

Reactions: Quake
NAME: Jonas Inian [pron. yo-nahs]

e0f97b80fe798aa83f8b288e61d7b49f.jpg
APPEARANCE: At 6'0" with a muscled but lean build, Jonas isn't particularly imposing when not in heavy plate, but even at such an age beyond many soldiers, he keeps himself quite in shape. He has a heavy brow shrouded by already dark-colored eyebrows. His hair is cropped close on the sides and only a bit longer on top. He keeps his face clean shaven. Eyes are a light gray, sometimes giving an appearance of emptiness, but there are other indicators in his mannerism to prove he's not so heartless.
CLOTHING: He wears a warm brown linen tunic under chainmail and leathers. Normally he would wear plate, but it's difficult to travel in.

WEAPONS: A one-handed sword with no notable finery and a short dagger. He also carries a round shield, which he keeps slung on his back outside of a fight.
BELONGINGS:
SIGNET of his station in the military.
An extra set of CLOTHES.
COIN.

PERSONALITY: At first glance, Jonas is a severe man. His look is hard and unyielding, but speak with him and anyone can see this isn't so. His voice is surprisingly quiet and soft for it's depth. He's simply a kind man. With this in mind and whether for good or bad, his sworn oaths take more precedence in his actions. When he is called upon, his will is unyielding. Perhaps this makes the perfect soldier. Mind over matter - and his mind says that oaths are unbreakable and orders to be followed with due diligence. It's unclear if his actions in the name of the King have harmed him.
HISTORY: Jonas is of common material. He began working as soon as he was big enough to carry a hoe. His family did not even own their own farm, instead working as hired hands in a nearby field. As a boy he often felt purposeless. He lacked reason and sought it as soon as he was old enough to swing a sword. He enlisted in the name of the King and swore an oath of loyalty then that he, perhaps unlike many fellows, truly means to keep. This has been his purpose since.
He never took a wife or fathered any children. He rose quite high in the ranks and therefore was permitted to attend formal events as a guest. It was there he made acquaintance with many nobles. A few came to regard him as friend. As for the current situation, however, his oath stands.

Welcome back. I'll get him added to the character list, so you're free to post with him whenever you see an opening.

If it's alright, I think I'll wait a bit until the rest of our characters establish a bit of a direction.

Of course, I kind of expected him to be a later entrance.

Great, then we are on the same page. (:

Heyo folks!

Just popping in to let you know I'll be posting again over the weekend. :ferret:

Also because this OOC needs a bump.

Yeah, this place has been quiet for a bit. Glad to hear it, though.

Quick Update: I can have a post up Monday (tomorrow). Work called me in today.

I can, however, read the IC posts at work during my break, and write the post on my phone on my way home via public transit, so that all I need to do is give it a quick read-over and then post it Monday. :ferret:

Post is up. Luger's opinion is mostly just "continue the story" he's intent on getting more information as soon as possible. Emily's bandit instincts are kicking in as she examines her compatriots, trying to figure out who is vulnerable and who is dangerous.

Good to see a post! How is everyone otherwise? We need some life at least in here. :P

I'm here! Just really busy with school (group assignments are greeeeeaaaaat).

Status
Not open for further replies.