At Death's Doorstep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuuki could tell kei had left and decided to look for him later. When Hina asked to be her child a tear fell down her face, "of course Hina." She said and brough her into a hug before smiling, "Hina lets go find your dad." She said before taking the little girls hand and followed the dust trail of Kei's foot steps. When she reached the basement she walked down with Hina and saw him on the floor and blood on the wall. Understanding what happen Yuuki walked over and held him to her tightly, "baby everythings going to be alright." She whispered into his ear and added, "I love you kei and I promise im not leaving you just as you promised me baby." With that said she held a kiss on the top of his head.

Kei backed away from Yuuki. "maybe you shouldn't." he looked up at Hina. "I...I almost killed her" tears welled up in his eyes as he finally broke down. "i hate this place, i hate these people, i hate the pain, the guns, the killing and most of all." Kei looked at his busted up hand. "i hate what it has done to me." kei looked at Hina. "i'm sorry Hina, i'm." Kei tried to talk through his tears. "i'm usually a pacifist, i usually don't like violence but." Kei got up and walked to hina, he knelt down right infront of her. "i hurt you, because i was scarred." Kei took his busted up hand and grabbed hers. "i'm sorry, i promise i'll help you get out of here, i'll bet my life on it." Kei lowered his head. "please forgive me."

hina-

Hina watched kei lower his head she saw his hand and knew he wasn't as scary as he was before. "can..." Hina swallowed her emotions as she tried to hold her tears back. "can i call you dad?" Kei's eyes opened wide as he looked up seeing the young girl crying with a smile on her face. kei hugged her tightly and kept apologizing.

Yuukk smiled as Hina brought back Kei from the dark state he was him. Smiling she walked over and hugged both of them, "you know even if this is a fucked up place. We came out of it with a family and thats something I wouldnt trade for anything in the world." She spoke softly then smiled, "we should get some rest though, Kei its your turn to rest ill take watch." She said well rubbing his back, "and Hina we'll get you cleanee up first thing tomorrow sweetheart." She smiled and ruffled her hair.

Kei shook his head. "You too get some sleep I'm not all that tired, in fact I'm pretty wired." He raised up his hand. "All kinds of adrenaline has been pumped into my bloodstream so I'm wide awake." Kei took both their hands and walked them upstairs.

Yuuki stood by the door with Kei and watched Hina climb into bed taking his injured hand she smiled, "its my turn to be doctor now babe." She teased him and ripped off a piece of her shirt wrapping his hand with the cloth. When she was done she kissed the top of his hand smiling, "I wont be able to sleep I hope you know this, so why dont you at lest lay down with us baby." She suggested and walked into the bedroom with Hani and tucked her into bed before laying beside her smiling at Kei.

Kei smiled "ok" Kei followed Yuuki and climbed into bed he was suddenly soothed by the sound of the three of them breathing in unison.

-Hina

Hina climbed into bed and smiled as she was getting tucked in. "Thank you mommy" She yawned and quickly fell asleep holding on tightly to Yuuki.

Yuuki smiled and stoked hinas hair as she fell asleep, "always sweetheart." She commented before kei climbed into bed. When he did yuuki turned and kissed him, "you should get some rest baby you're plenty tired I can see it in your eyes." She siggested as he nuzzled up behind her wraping an arm around both the girls.

Kei nodded and closed his eyes. He opened his eyes quickly and sat up."hold up." He found a bottle and closed the door balancing it in the door knob. Kei went back to bed. "I'll feel better if I can get a heads up if any one tries to come in." Kei went back to bed and was somehow able to relax. He fell asleep

Yuuki smiled as he returned to the bed and feel asleep happily for the first time since this happened and her dreams were now filled with happy things suck as getting out of here and rising hina woth kei.

Kei woke up suddenly as the bottle fell from the door knob and shattered. Kei jumped up and saw a face in the door way. "Who are you, hey!!" The person turned and started running
Kei jumped out of bed grabbing a large shard of glass as he ran out the door. He saw a flash of black clothing make it out of the front door.

Kei turned around and headed for Yuuki and Hina. "Get up you two. We need to leave some one knows where we are here."

Yuuki groaned, "im getting pretty irritated with this place." Then gathered a peice of glass herself and held hinas hand and lead her out tje door following Kei. She could hear footsteps all around, "theres more then one." She stated tensing up before noticing two swords in the bloody room, "hina stay with daddy." She ordered the child and ran to the swords, "here babe." She said tossing one to Kei amd rejoinging the group.

Kei grabbed Hinas hand. He gripped it hard. "Oww daddy, to tight." Kei got down on one knee looking Hina in the eye. "I'm sorry sweet heart. But I don't want anything to happen to you or mommy."

Kei heard Yuuki and took the sword she tossed him. "Thanks, Yuuki." Kei swung it around and smiled. "Yeah, this'll help. Kind of makes me feel like a samurai."

Yuuki laughed at his comment, "I know right." She smiled and held the sword at ready position as they moved down the stairs.

As Kei and Yuuki were about to walk down the stairs Hina grabbed at their shirts. She pulled Yuuki's arm as to bring their faces together. "Don't go down stairs?" Hina was trembling her voice was nervous. "There are three Yakuza down there waiting for you." Hina started to cry. "They have guns and plan to start shooting once you get down stairs." Hina let go of Yuuki and looked ashamed she hid her face and started backing away from the two.

Kei looked back at Yuuki, "what's wrong Yuuki? Is she scarred."

Yuuki bit her lip, "Hina said there downstairs with guns, come on we'll find another way. Ok Hina." She smiled and took Hinas hand and went up stairs again waiting for Kei. "Come on baby." She smiled at him then saw movement downstairs and picked up a peice of glass she dropped earlier and threw it like a throwing knife at the figure, "kei now." She ordered and grabbed his hand pulling him up stairs ignoring the cut between her thumb and pointer finger now from the glass.

Kei was suddenly told that Hina knew there were people down stairs. Kei stopped and suddenly hundreds of questions popped into his mind. Like how did she know, how did she know they had guns, how did she know there were three, could she be with them?

Kei shook the negative thought out of his mind as he headed back up stairs Yuuki threw some glass as the three Yakuza ran up stairs. Kei got behind Yuuki and Hina rushing them higher

Yuuki but her lip to destracted by the situtation to really care bout Hina. She readied her sword as they rushed down the hallway, "there might be an old gutter or fire exape on the windows. We could try some parkour shit." She suggested checking the doors as they passed.

Kei was right behind the girls he noticed Hina was slowing down. "Hold on Hina." Kei picked her up and continued to run. "That sounds good let's just get out of here." Kei saw a room, and held onto Hina. "In here" he grabbed Yuuki and pulled her into the room. He immediately started moving furniture in front of the door.

The three of the yazuka started pushing against the door. Kei saw they were moving the furniture, he dropped his sword and pushed back. "Yuuki, hurry up and find a way out I'll hold them off."

Yuuki wanted to stay but she knew that she had hina now to take care of and nodded, "Kei im give you 10 minutes to catch up before I come back here and get you." She warned him and looked at the window seeing a vines creeping up the wall she tugged on it testing its weight limpt and ran over to Kei kissing him goodbye, "you better come back you promised you wouldn't leave me!" she threatened him with tears in her eyes and she kissed him again. Walking away from him she bent down, "hina get on my back and hold on to the sword." She instructed as hina got on she handed her the sword so it was pressed against Yuuki's chest. Letting out a shaky breath she turned back to kei once last time, "I love you." She said and crawled out the window.

"Love ...you...too." Kei grunted as he struggled to keep the door closed. He watched as Yuuki took him with her. Suddenly the pushing stopped kei fell forward and suddenly heard the sound of a machine gun being fired. The bullets ripped through the furniture. Kei laid down covering his head with his arms.

The sounds stopped followed by a loud bang on the floor. 'He's empty Kei thought. He decided to stay still and get the drop on them but he needed it to look like he got shot. Kei took the sword and ran his hand across the edge cutting it. He grit his teeth as the trio started to push the furniture out of the way. Kei held hid hand over his chest and let the blood pool over his chest. He wiped some on his face aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.