At Death's Doorstep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuuki squeaked when Kei suddenly held her and pushed her out of the room, "Kei whats wrong?" She tried to look passed him and saw the bloody doll instantly knowing what his issue was and bit the corner of her lip, "oh.." she stated after seeing the doll but shook it off and took his hand, "there should ne another one here right?" She asked smiling warily

Kei smiled, "I'm sure there is." Kei found another room and checked our before Yuuki. "Wait here in the hallway, I'll let you know if it's safe." Kei walked in with the brick raised over his head ready to strike. He saw that the room seemed to be in good shape, no blood, no visible traps or dangers he waved Yuuki in. "This room looks ok, come on in Yuuki."

Yuuki came and sighed in relief then smiled, "hey you know we could live here until we find a way out." She suggested knowing it probably sounded to soon to say as she inspected the mattress she heard a scream and the announcers voice rang out, "16 players left." And clicked off.

Yuuki went stiff for a moment letting it sink in that another person had died. She also let it sink in that 14 people have died in just once day one of them caused by her which cause her to bit her lip hard enough to draw blood. A drop of blood landed on her hand bringing her back into reality. Quickly she wipped away the blood and returned to inspecting the mattress hoping kei didnt notice her little break down.

Kei saw It finally hit Yuuki. They were both part of some death game. No matter how hard they tried or how much they wanted to the odds were against them. Kei hugged Yuuki tightly. "Don't think about anything negative for now. Let's concentraite on getting you some well deserved rest."

Kei flipped the mates and dusted best he could. "Here use you go. Lay down over my jacket you should be fine. You sleep first, I'll sleep after."

Yuuki let the tears fall down her face as she was hugged by Kei. Hugging him back she nuzzled her face into his chest. When he laid down his jacket she nodded with not much to say though when she tried to sleep her eyes blurred over as she started to slightly cry.

Kei sat down on the bed and held her hand it was shaking. He swallowed his tears he didn't want to show any weakness right now, Yuuki needed him to be strong. He gripped the brick as he looked around the room for potential weapons

*in her dreams*
Yuuki was back in the town where she had met Rae and Kei. Only this time she had gotten separated from them and was running aimlessly looking for them only to be faced with Kei's dead body im the hands of the guys who attempt to rape before.

*out of her dream*
Yuuki woke up with her hands over her mouth muffling her scream. Becoming extremely hysterical her body was thrown into an anxiety attack and started shaking uncontrollably. Yuuki blinded by tears and sleepiness she started looking Kei.

Kei was nodding off when Yuuki started shaking. "Yuuki?, Yuuki?" Kei figured she was having some kind of nightmare. He didn't know what else to do so he jumped in bed next to her and held her tightly. "It's ok, Yuuki, I'm here. I'll always be here."

Yuuki turned and nuzzled her face into his chest mumbling into his chest repetitively, "kei you can never go away.. I dont want you to go away evers.." she knew it sounded childish but after her dream she never wanted to lose Kei ever.

Kei held her tighter trying to comfort her. She was just like a little girl who had woken up from a monster nightmare. Kei tucked her hair behind her ear to get it out of her face. "i'll be here As long as you need me to be." He sat up and took her into his arms like a child, he leaned her head against his chest and used his arms to surround her.

Outside the house.

A woman was walking tword the house, her dress was torn and her body was bruised and bloody. She could hear laughing from behind her, she saw the house and made her way inside throught the basement window. She quickly hid herself and waited for the sound of laughter to pass. As soon as it was gone she started sobbing.

Yuuki whimpered slightly trying to calm down in his arms. Finally she nuzzled into him being calm enough to talk, "I love you." She mumbled softly into his chest then she looked up at him the lining of her eyes red from tears and the dirt on her face now covered with tear streams in the dust on her face, "Kei do you promise to stay..." she asked her eyes shinning like she was about to cry again.

Kei laughed and ran his fingers through her hair. "Yuuki, i promise that i will..." a loud noise came from downstairs. Kei sprang up and grabbed the brick that was by the bed. "Yuuki stay here." Kei got up and crept by the door. He looked out the door and didn't see anything but darkness. he looked over to Yuuki and held his hand out motioning for her to hide under the bed. he mouthed the words "i'll be back"

Kei got down and crawled tword the stair well, he could hear footsteps. Kei gripped the brick tightly and continued to slink down the stairs. Kei made his way down the stairs sticking to the walls, he was in the door way of the kitchen he raised the brick over his head and was ready to strike with all his might. Kei jumped in the kitchen and swung with all his might, a flash of blonde hair turned and a small female looked directly into Kei's eyes. Kei reacted and barely missed hitting the counter with all his might.

Yuuki was going to hide until she heard a huge bang down stairs. Running down stairs she looked around for Kei, "Kei are you ok?!" She asked completely terrified she started crying well looking for him like a lost child looking for their teddy bear, "baby where'd you go!" She called sniffling when she got to the kitchen she saw him with a look that told her to run but she froze instead as she saw a little figure moving, "h-hello?" She said to the little figure then added, "please dont make him hurt you.. we've seen enough killing for tonight. My name is Yuuki." She called to the little figure now starting to look like a childish sized girl.

"Yuuki!!!" Kei yelled at her like she was a child. "get away from her." Kei saw the young girl and glared at her something inside him told him not to trust her but he didn't understand what. she looked like she was around 11 years old, her face was innocent, her body was covered in bruises and blood as if she had been through a nightmare just like Kei and Yuuki. Kei grabbed Yuuki by the arm and pulled her behind him.

Kei grabbed the girl by her hair and pulled her close to his face. "what the hell are you planning, who sent you?, who knows your here?" Kei felt his blood boil just thinking that there was someone after Yuuki and himself made him lose himself, he threw the girl on the counter and grabbed a can. He raised it over his head ready to bash her head in. the whole time little girl just starred into Yuuki's eyes with tears streaming down her face.

Yuuki ran up from behind the girl and hugged her protecting her from Kei sudden range she looked over at kei from her shoulder, "babe shes just a child..." she let go of the girl and kissed kei. When she kissed him she gently disarmed him from the can, "baby ive seen enough people die today. I dont want to watch you kill a little girl to." She said her eyes watering up as she hugged him she turned back to the girl, "come here sweetheart." She gave her a warm smile and held open her arms for the littlw girl to come to her.

Kei was brought back after the kiss, his eyes seemed to focus as he looked at the little girl again, he didn't know what came over him but he felt so ashamed. Kei dropped to his knees, his hands were shaking as he looked into her little eyes they looked like dolls eyes, they were completely dead inside ready to accept any fate that was given to her. In short this little girl was ready to die by Kei's hands.

little girl-
She walked over to Yuuki and just stood there as she hugged her all without breaking eye contact with Kei. she looked at him with no emotion in her eyes and said. "it's ok Mr. Hina's used to getting thrown around.

Yuuki let her go in surprise and dismissed it as the little girl being in shock as she turned to kie and knelt down bring his head to her chest. Kissing the top of his head she soothingly ran her fingers through his hair, "its ok baby we all break eventually." She smiled softly letting him know it was ok before kissing him once more. When Kei was calmed down Yuuki made her way into his lap and sat there like a child wrapping his arms around her waist as she asked the child, "so how did you get in her sweetheart?" She asked noticing her eyes seemed off.

Kei continued to sit still motionless he felt Yuuki's soft embrace and watched as she spoke to the little girl.

Hina-

she looked at Yuuki and in a soft monotone voice she told her story. "my name is Hina i was raised in a small house hold, my parents often fought due to money problems. My dad was an alcoholic and a gambler. he got in to a great amount of debt so much so that Dad had to sell mommy and me to pay for his debt. After mommy and i were sold we were seperated i don't know where mommy went." Hina's eyes darted back and forth as if she remembered something unpleasent. "i just hope, she was treated better than i was." Hina pulled up her sleeves showing what looked like cigarette burns all over her arms. "these are the only scars i'm willing to show people." she looked down and put her hands on her stomach.

She looked up at Kei and smiled. "you see that's why i was fine with dying by your hands Onii-chan, because if i died i would be able to leave this nightmare."

Yuuki covered her mouth shocked. Looking down she bit the corner of her lip before getting out of his lap and holding Hina, "well then Hina consider me your new family. I want to give you a new start." She smiled and tucked a peice of her hair behind her ear tenderly.

Kei sat there shocked at the story he heard. He felt so bad that he didn't even want to be in the same room as the two. He got up and walked out of the room. he went down to the basement where he could be alone he wanted to yell,, he wanted to curse but he couldn't make noise he didn't want anyone to hear where they were hiding so he did the only thing he could think of he balled up his fist and hit the cement wall with all of his might. the pain relieved him. He pulled his hand back it was bloody and hurt like hell, on the wall was a splatter of his blood. kei fell to the floor and whispered "i deserve so much worse."

Hina-
Hina smiled for a second then hugged Yuuki. "can i...can i call you." Yuuki's eyes started watering, she wiped her tears away and struggled to let out her words. "can i call you Mommy?" She grabbed tightly at Yuuki's waist hoping for a positive answer to her question.

Status
Not open for further replies.