Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aiteenti

Original poster
CAST xLIST xxxxx INTEREST xCHECK xxxxx OUTx OFx CHARACTER xxxxx IN xCHARACTER xxxxx [BCOLOR=transparent]PLAYLIST[/BCOLOR]
tIV8XYY.png

[BCOLOR=transparent]Take your rightful place as a god or suffer the consequences[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
G
ods are beings that people believe to be a part of myths and old folk tales. Some even believe that there's only one. But when the truth is revealed, they find out that there is more. The earth is protected by countless men and women who follow blindly their appointed god's/goddess' words without fail. There are around 7.5 billion people in the world and only around 1000 people know of their existence. We are all familiar with the life of someone who doesn't know about them, but not the life of the people who are in line to be the next gods and goddesses.
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]To be in line to become the next god or goddess one must have the potential to use the so called "Aura". Every god and goddess has their own Aura which expresses who they truly are and it also shows how truly powerful they are. When a child is born in a hospital, their parents have no idea that one of the nurses or even the doctors might an agent from Ubermensch to see if their newborn child has the capacity to become a higher being, to rule and protect humanity from whatever crisis may fall upon it. The process is simple, the agent has an artifact that has all the gods' auras imprinted into it and holds it in front of the new born children laying in their cradles in the hospital. If the artifact lights up, they have found their godly potential. If the artifact doesn't light up, then the agent moves along. Finding a child that has the potential to become a god or goddess is tough, as not many have that ability. But when they do, it doesn't take long before the child disappears from their parents' sight forever. The only thing the child keeps is their human name, until it hopefully is replaced with the name of a god or goddess.[/BCOLOR]

What are Gods/Goddesses?
[BCOLOR=transparent]N[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]o one really knows how a god comes to be, but a simple word can make them come to life. In this old tale, the gods were first told of by an old man who said he knew everything. The man who was probably in his forties was later sentenced to death by the ruler of his country, as there could be no god other than him and absolutely not 7 of them. But the king later found out about the 7 gods in a dream, a dream so vicious that it made him believe in them. He believed in them just enough to enslave a whole country to serve the 7 gods who would protect them from danger as long as they believed and worshipped them. When children are told this story, many of them wonder : [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"But how did the old man know?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Many speculations were made over the years, but in the end, no one truly knows.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Some believed that the gods and goddesses were simple humans, sitting on clouds far above, pointing at the small humans down on the ground, deciding what would happen to them if they accidentally dropped a stone, by mistake of course. Because they themselves didn't know where they came from, they just one day "existed", some of them couldn't accept what they were and tried to blend in with the regular humans. Ultimately, it all ended in tragedy. Some of them would even take their own lives, but, as time passed, their numbers still grew and now there's 19 of them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Today those 19 gods are hidden from the eyes of the humans, no one knows of their existence, and some would argue that they do not need to know about them. Indeed some of them believe that the humans deserve to know about the ones protecting them and ruling them, but others believe that the humans don't need to know since they forgot about them in the first place. And so most of the time, the gods and goddesses are at a disagreement.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

The Top Tier Gods/Goddesses
[BCOLOR=transparent]T[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]here are many gods, but there are seven of them that are the strongest, they hold a larger jurisdiction than the rest of the gods. Rumour says, among the mortals who work under the gods, that those gods who are of a lower tier and dare to defy the top tier have been killed and so the people of Ubermensch have to hunt for their replacement, again. Finding one to take the place of a top tier god is never easy, as there were only 7 in the beginning and only 19 now, so finding a person who has the capability of replacing a specific god is understandably hard. There's often a seat or three vacant, waiting for their god or goddess to sit on their throne again. But the top tier gods aren't the strongest for no reason. It may take time to find a lower tier god, but a top tier god can take care of that specific god's duties, so there won't be any problems. On the other hand, if a top tier god is missing, the rest of the top tier gods have to step up together and take care of that god's duties, which can be a struggle.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Unlike the lower tier gods, the top gods are said to never change, which in this case means, their appearance may change but not the way they act or think. This makes becoming a top tier god a bit of a challenge. Every person that is chosen to be the next top tier god has to act like the original god, which means the one who is to be the next God Seisyll, has to act like Seisyll when he meets up with people from Ubermensch and regular humans, if that ever happens. This doesn't apply to lower tier gods.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

To Become a God/Goddess

[BCOLOR=transparent]W[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]hen the children of Ubermensch first learn of the gods and goddesses, they believe that they reincarnate, then the are disappointed next day when they learn that the gods and goddesses do not reincarnate. Bummer. The power of the gods is handed down to the rightful person, and finding that person has never been easy. Lower tier gods are replaced more often than top tier gods, as their power leaves them, unlike top tier gods. If a lower tier god or goddess sways from the path of a god, their power will weaken and finally leave them completely. But the power doesn't disappear completely, it moves to an artifact that can store all the powers of the gods. No random person can wield the artifact and it's completely useless in the hands of the unchosen person. Children, Teens and Adults at Ubermensch are divided up into multiple groups, and the groups are then to stand in the presence of the artifact. If no reaction is received from the artifact, the next group is to stand in the presence of it. And so it goes on, until the power of the god leaves the artifact, moves throughout the room and into the person who is to be the next god. That's how it goes when replacing a lower tier god or goddess.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]For a top tier god and goddess the situation is a bit more complicated. Unlike a lower tier god and goddess, a top tier god's/goddess' power doesn't leave them over time, instead the powers spread out over the world in pieces and to get all the powers, one must collect them using the weapon of the passed god. This can take a long time, or if lucky it can just take a year.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]How many times the gods have taken a new form is still uncertain to this day. When one has become a new god, their body cease to age, but they still die naturally of old age. One thing is for sure, however. One of the gods has never changed his shape nor his name: Ælfheah . He is the one who rules over time and so it has stopped him from dying, one of the only three gods who can escape death, the other being the god of death, who doesn't die from old age either and the goddess of life who stays young forever. They were also the gods who had never died alongside Ælfheah, but that was until Seisyll was murdered.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]The Artifacts[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ubermensch have a collection of old artifacts in their archives, but the ones that are connected to the gods are three and they have different ways of function. We have the one that detects godly potential in people, one that makes those people into low tier gods and then there's the artifact that kills a god. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]The Dagger of Death[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], which has the ability to kill a god/goddess, is currently in the hands of Seisyll, the god of Death. Rumours tell that the dagger of death can kill the gods that are said to be immortal.[/BCOLOR]

There's also one artifact which is so powerfull that no one is allowed to touch it, not even the gods/goddesses touch it. Hidden deep within the walls of Ubermensch is [BCOLOR=transparent]The Shield of Dominance[/BCOLOR]. Use the shield against a god/godess who is attacking you and within a few seconds the bearer of the shield will gain the godhood of the god whom struck you. However you use the shield is up to you, but use it wisely. And so for what Ubermensch knows, three artifacts are in their hands, while fourth has been missing for 11 years.

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Enemy[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]For centuries the 19 gods have been protecting the earth from not only powers going on rampage across the world, but also from other worlds. There actually is life on other planets across the universe, and those planets have their own sets of gods and goddesses. On some planets they are ruling the entire planet themselves and on some planets, they want more. What do you believe wiped out the big ass lizards walking the earth? An atomic bomb? Sorry to break it to you but when the dinosaurs were alive there were gods from the other worlds, attacking the gods ruling our world. They wanted to take control of earth and so the seven fought back. The dinosaurs were killed in the process and so was most of the earth, but the visiting gods lost which was the only thing that mattered to the seven. The visiting gods left earth to return to their own planets, but the seven decided that they could possibly return to try again and so they are always ready for their foes to appear in their territory once more.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rules[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]1. All Iwakuroleplay rules apply to this RP. Any rules that I have not mentioned here that are apart of Iwaku's must be obeyed as well.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]2. Power playing is STRICTLY prohibited. Only when one has acquired the consent of the other player involved is it allowed, though please refrain from using either of these often, or at all if possible.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]3. God-modding is not at all, not EVER allowed. This is a roleplay that centers around conflict between gods. Around each other, the playing field is leveled out. So, be reasonable with your character's powers and their limits. I will not hesitate to reject you or to remove you from the RP if I catch you doing this.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]3. Violence is allowed; this is roleplay revolves heavily around conflict. Do not take it to the extremes, however; no gore. This is not a horror RP.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]4. As this is a mature RP, there will be sexual content as well as other adult motifs/themes. This is an 18+ RP only![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]5. The posting expectation for this rp is, at the very minimum, adept. I will not put a content minimum, though I will not have one-liners or asterisks (*) present in the RP. I understand that writer block exists and everyone has those days, however if I see that you are consistently posting below expectation, you will be removed from the roleplay. This policy applies to having exceptional spelling and adequate grammar at ALL times as well.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]6. Feel free to direct any questions you have to myself (@Temul), your GM for this RP.[/BCOLOR]

POSTING LEVEL: Adept
POSTING SCHEDULE: Weekly

OOC & ICC ETIQUETTE
1. Keep all OOCs out of the SU or ICC thread. I will have an aneurysm if I see an OOC in either.
2. OOC drama is not permitted! Take that to PM if you really feel the need to duke it out. But try to keep it friendly. If I find that you have been mistreating another roleplayer you will be removed from the RP.
3. For every ICC post, please use your banners as headers. This helps to easily identify which character the post belongs to. If you feel the need to, then you can color your dialogue as well.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Welcome to AoG[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]And the OOC thread, here you shall talk about the rp, plot plots with others to use in the rp and mostly stay out of character. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, @Temul, through PM or here in the OOC thread. If you have any questions considering the powers of the gods you can contact @Paracosm in the OOC thread by tagging him, if it's a question I can reply to I will do that or you'll get replies from us both which is fun as well.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]And if you wanna feel free to join us in the Discord chat![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Updates[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]12/19-16: OOC was made[/BCOLOR]
Deadline for top tier gods: 1/13

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Justin
//screeches //beats chest //swings in on a vine

IM HERE

Reactions: Aiteenti
I'm here, as well. I'm ready to make my beautiful low-tier Goddess. >:)

Reactions: Aiteenti
Stuffs are coming today it looks like! *squeals*

Man me getting sick really made us lose a few people ;~;
*stabs right kidney*

@Temul It was more the competition hon. :(

I'm reserving Adela!

@Shayla @Dante the Unforgiven I know you guys were concerned about not getting good parts (and you didn't want to compete, Dante), and I understand, but the Sign ups with all of the Gods and Goddesses are there now, if you're still interested. There's more to choose from now, but we understand if you're no longer wanting to create something for this roleplay.

@Leucothea SU are up, darlling, if you want to check it out! :)

On another note, someone make me a banner. I suck at them and don't have the tools for them rip

Aye the SU is up nice. I got some posts to make today and tomorrow but cs will be up sometime next week. I still need to post in ES which I am sucking at right now.

Appreciate the tag, but I'm currently on hiatus. Maybe some other time, though! Good luck with the role-play. (:
Oh ok XD and thanks rofl.

Hm..I'll take Ælfheah or the god of time if he's still available

Hm..I'll take Ælfheah or the god of time if he's still available
You have to compete for him, hon. It says this in the rules of the SU.

@Andy Ælfheah is a top tier god which means if you want him you have to compete against others for him, but you still wanna go for him I can put you up to compete for him. On the other hand if no one else decides to compete for him when the time limit is hit, you will automatically get him.

@Andy Ælfheah is a top tier god which means if you want him you have to compete against others for him, but you still wanna go for him I can put you up to compete for him. On the other hand if no one else decides to compete for him when the time limit is hit, you will automatically get him.
I understand that and I will compete for him if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.