αrthus tσ tєrrα: thís wσrld tσ thє nєхt [private]

Status
Not open for further replies.
*i sighed and jumped into a tree to take a nap*"well have fun Kiev cause I an't talking to them"* I grab some bark and chew for the juice in it*

Yao stayed in the safety of the trees' shadows. He has had his dosage of
daily interaction and cared not to have to approach anybody else. Hearing the
voices was too much for him to start, separating the spoken from the unspoken
always gave him a headache and no one ever liked to talk to him to begin with.
As the second party came closer he was able to make out their faces. Steering
the horses, that pulled the cart, was an old man, next to him a teenage boy with
a smiling little girl on his lap. The sight of the family made him want to vomit. There
was no such thing as "family" to Yao, he had grown up thrown from one place to
another until they found a trash can for him. Yao glared down at his feet, not
wanting to look at anyone.

Kiev sighed, swearing eloquently in his native tongue. He approached the cart, well away from the rest of the group. he spoke in a hushed tone to avoid the scrutiny of the others. "Hello there travelers. Would you two happen to be inhabitants of this city?" He asked, pointing towards the town.
"Why, yes we are." The man replied.
"Excellent. We are in need of a place to stay, and we were wondering if you could help us."
"There is an inn." The man told him gruffly. He popped the reigns and his mule began walking. Kiev took a step in front of it, blocking the path.
"Just a moment sir. " he began.
"We don't give no handouts, son. Move along."
Kiev looked up into the mans eyes. "I'm afraid I cannot abide this, sir." His eyes shimmered orange, drawing in the gave of the man and his son. "We seek more accommodations than an inn. Pray tell, where is your home?" He asked in a deliberate voice.
"Our home is in the Southern corner of the second district." The man uttered. This boy was suddenly so convincing. Compliance became this man's only obligation.
"How about handing over that key?" He requested.
"Of course," replied the son, who retrieved a key from a lace around his belt. He threw it to Kiev who caught it and pocketed it quickly.
"Much obliged, sirs. Now ride. Ride on and never come back." He ordered.
The man snapped the reigns once again and his mule took them down the road, on to oblivion.

Kiev turned back and walked his way back to the group. "Good news, everyone. His son has generously allowed us to stay in a spare home of theirs. Though they took a bit of persuasion."

She stared at Kiev. " I don't trust these guys the sooner i can get away from them the better" she said to herself. "I have to get away from them as soon as i can that's a promise to myself." She thought to herself. She jumped down from the tree to join the others to go to the home.

Last edited by a moderator:
*sighed and jumped down from the tree*"well I guess that means food and a beding "*start walking to where Kiev is at*" well what did say to persuade him to let you stay in his house"

Yao walked out to join the others, but still kept a few feet to himself.
Yao glanced at Kiev, and then Melody, who he saw was ever more starting
to dislike the group, Yao did not blame her. He glanced down at his feet.
Strangely enough the voices didn't seem to drive him as completely mad
as they did before back before they came here. He had no reason to want
to go back, but then again this place gave him not only a peaceful feeling
but a strange and bad one as well. Although he no way really showed it or
expressed it but inside Yao was a tango of mixed emotions that made him
want to twitch even more so than he already was doing. Something about
the family they ran into he didn't like but something also made him dislike
Kiev at that moment he didn't know why, he just did, he just always felt
things without knowing the reasons.

Last edited:
Kiev held up the key and inspected it. "Sometimes the words we use are the most powerful things we have." He said. With that, he turned towards the town gates and started his walk.

She started at them " In the middle of the night i should sneak out." she thought to herself.

*i start to follow Kiev but I start thinking' he seem kinda suspicious' I start to see that melody and Yao were looking uncomfortable. So I keep myself a good distance from everyone." So Kiev do you know where it is exactly "

Yao's eyes were cast downward as he walked. His head
had once again began to throb and he restrained the urge to
scream aloud at the pain, rather instead he began to twitch all
over. He had to fight it. His vision became blurry but he continued
walking behind the others and kept to himself.

Last edited:
Kiev lead them into the town that surrounded the city. Many peasants here tilled the land and worked the farm land. They all stopped their work to look at the young team of teenagers, all dressed oddly and speaking in strange accents. Kiev noticed the wall that surrounded what he assumed was the second district the merchant mentioned. "It should be right on the other side of this wall." He said to Luka, answering her question.
The guards at the gate stopped the group as they approached. "Who goes there?" The first guard asked.

Meoldy walked up whispering to Kiev "Let me handle this." she walked up past everyone else and bowed "Hello" she said to the guard. The guard looked happy to see Meoldy "Ahh Meoldy welcome back who are these people with you?" She looked up "These are friends please let us pass.." the guard stood still for a bit but then he opened the gates and welcomed the Teenagers in.

* stayed a good distance from Kiev and wonder how he got the man and his son to give them a key to there house*" wow thanks melody "* I put my thoughts to rest though*

Yao stood at the back of the group fidgeting as the number of
minds in the area invaded his own. His left eye began to constantly
twitch through their venture into the city. Yao managed to keep
close to the others, while at the same time a good distance
as they moved through the city. He really did not like this.

Kiev followed the Manchester instructions to the house. They came to a two-story some made of wood and brick. The sides were painted white and the door was constructed out of solid wood as opposed to panels. The merchant lived well apperantly. He approached the door and fit the key in, turning the lock smoothly. "Looks like this is the place. He said he would be back next month. Life of a merchant I suppose." He walked in, taking note of the finer furnishings in the home. This would make for a good place to stay.

Meoldy just looked around the house. "This is better then where i lived." she thought to herself.

* I look around and sigh*" I call sleeping on the roof"* and I head to there fridge and rummage for any cheese in there*

Yao was hesitant to enter, however in there then out here he thought.
Upon entering Yao immediately went in search of a quiet place to hide.
He did not stop to admire the details of the furnishings and carpentry of
the house. Yao slowly and quietly moved away from the others and made
his way up the stairs to the second floor. Eventually Yao found a small quiet
room shielded by a curtain and thick wall from the light and sounds of the
vicinity. Yao entered the room, shutting the door behind him. The room
appeared to be a small library, full of finely carved book shelves, books
a desk, and sofa. Yao fell face first into the floor. Alone at last.

Kiev came into the den and sat in the large leather chair in front of the fire place. He was seeking solitude, planning his next move. He stared into the black soot that remained in the pit. He placed his knuckles to his lips and stared into the empty space.

Melody went up to a room but jumped out the window as soon as she got in to a little room. But first she looked making sure no one was around to see her leave. "I'm sorry i have to go i just don't trust you at all and i don't feel..... i just can't be around people again." she thought to herself. She turned into a wolf and ran into the forest saying to herself she would never look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.