Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next morning Jaime strode into the bar, smile on his face and a sword strapped to his back. New armour fitted his body perfectly, offering protection should he be attacked. He couldn't see the others down yet so ordered himself a hot breakfast, accompanied by a cold jug of water. He ate it whilst he waited for the other two to get down.

Finally, at five in the morning the sounds subsided and Fred's snores could be heard as she lay on top of Deslin, her cheek resting on his.

Delsin woke up to Freds warm body on top of him. She lay so perfectly still and comfortable. Its almost like they both fell asleep during..as they were still 'connected' on a physical level. Probably from proceeding through the night for hours. They both had to be exhausted. He slowly rolled over and lay fred on her back -- careful not to wake her. He got up, disconnected them, rolled off the bed softly, and got dressed. He was happy, with a smile on his face. He had feelings for this girl as soon as he saw her, and they connected on a level Delsin never had before. Once dressed, with bed head and clothes a mess, he headed down to the inn where he would hopefully buy some armor and a weapon.

A few minutes after he left Fred woke with a jolt. She looked around and saw her clothes strewn on the ground and the covers on her. She didn't remember anything about last night, only that she had a few drinks with Deslin. In shock she gathered her clothes, tugged on her red converse and ran her fingers through her pixie, all the while battling a massive headache. Thankfully the room was dark and she could rest her eyes but as she opened the door and stumbled down the stairs she cried out from the light. Was she still in the game? She was. With a small groan she looked for the brothers, whom she had promised to ally with. She'd get armor and weapons later, after a nice, strong cup of coffee and a shower.

Jaime watched his younger brother descend from upstairs "Good morning, Deslin. I hope you enjoyed yourself in the room that I bought for you" there was an exile end of accusation in the way he said that "I assume you'll also be needing me to buy you breakfast, armour and a weapon. And do I have to buy some for your slut too?"

Delsin matched his brothers gaze -- an anger Jaime had never seen in his eyes. "I can buy my own things asshole," he said nearing his brother. "And if you ever call her that again, call any women that again, ill rip your fucking teeth out." Delsin was even surprised at what he was saying. It was one drunken night but he felt drawn to Fred. Plus, he hated any disrespect towards women at all so, when his brother used that vulgar word, it sprang up a fire in Delsin's chest

"And what will you be buying it with?" Jaime spat back "The gold that you didn't help me earn last night? The same hold that paid for both of you to have a room each! I assume one of them didn't get used then. Good, you can pay me back for that. You want to know what I spent my night doing whilst you were getting drunk and fucking the first girl you saw on the game? I was out in the mountains, earning money and XP so I could buy my own weapons and be ready to make our move today. I did what any proper pro gamer did. I completed quests so I could buy myself armour, swords, bows, arrows, food, medicine, scrolls, potions" he glared at Deslin "there's a reason I always win, Deslin. And its not just because our parents prefer me and know that you're a waste of time"

That last bit hit Delsin hard. He knew down deep that he was a disappointment...that he was a waste of space and time. This is what truly made him so sarcastic and unruly because he knew no one really wanted him around..."Well," he said. "I know one thing. I've never needed or wanted your help. You foolishly ran off this morning doing quests for your gold, and for what? With my own money i earned irl, i bought gold off the sight before putting in the game. How's it feel to have wasted a day in the game? How's it feel to know even after all that time, and me having a good time up stairs, that I still have more then you?" He said frothing at the mouth. "You think I would have done this if I didn't have a choice? You got dooped by the bartender. When we went up for our room key last night, he said you bought two singles. That there was only one room left! I planned to just sleep down here, but plans change." He was beginning to rant at this point. "I think we know who the real slut is here. The man who puts himself before anyone else. You think what you do is helping me? Guiding me? Your the reason I am the way I am! Because I DONT WANT TO BE LIKE YOU!!!" He shouted this and everyone in the in began to stare.

"You would do well to be more like me. Maybe then you wouldn't get your ass handed to you by the first guy you come across" Jaime stood up, his hand at his sword "without me you would be dead. He would have killed you, and you know it. Even if you had the weapons I did you couldn't have taken him down. You can fucking well walk to the next city without me. But don't come crying back when you watch her die because you rushed yourself into some foolhardy battle" he walked to the door "oh and Delsin. Try not to die, I'm sure it would irritate mother" with that he left

Delsin just stood there, in the middle of everyone's gaze. He felt awkward, sadness, rage, and other emotions too. "I wish I were dead," he said quietly to himself. With that, he went to the armory. He bought a nice bow and arrow, sword, and armor that fit him. It was tight, light, but good protection. He also went to the stables and bought a horse that would carry him to the next city. He needed time to think, clear his head. He knew his brother was a strong man, and a very skilled one, but he wasn't the best. He had his flaws, and if he acted on emotion or made a wrong move, he would be gone. Dead. When Delsin made it out, he wouldn't see his brothers concerned and slightly condescending stare again. He had to eventually show his brother that he wasn't completely helpless. He was good...really good. Jaime was good with strategy because he played with a controller. But Delsin, he was good with fighting and finding a way around, out, or through things -- finding a way to win. Since he WAS the controller in his game room, he actually had fighting experience...his brother didn't see that. His mind raced as he saddled the horse.

"You forget my promise?" Fred called from the inn doorway, sleek yet durable armor covering her new leather pants and tunic shirt. Her hair was clean and combed again and on her back were multiple weapons, as well as hidden ones. One of her boot laces were untied and a knife handle stuck out. She gave him a raised eyebrow. Besides her bloodshot eyes she looked as healthy and strong as ever.

Delsin turned around to find Fred standing nearby. He finished tying the strap on the saddle, then turned to her. "What promise," he said to her; putting his sword in its hilt and his bow on is back. He was just about ready to continue the game alone if he needed to.

"I said if you won the drinking contest I'd follow you and your brother through the game. What I do remember from last night was that you won, but if I'm wrong please correct me." She moved closer. "Let me get a horse before you leave."

He thought for a minute before silently walking up to the horse vender and paying for another horse. He brought the horse around from the back and began to saddle it up as well. "As I recall, you won. Your memory must be fuzzy," he lied. He knew he won but he didn't want to put her in danger, His brother was right. he was abrupt and would get her killed. "So, here you go. Vender says her name is sparky," he said turning toward her again.

Fred took the reins and stroked the horse's mane. "Sparky. Original." She looked at him. "So this is really goodbye?"

"Probably not good bye forever," he said. "I have a way of getting into trouble, and it seems, trouble seems to follow you." He winked at her as he returned to his own horse. "Plus, we are going to the same place after all. I'm sure we will see each other again soon."

"Right," she said, masking the hurt with insults. "As long as you don't die first," she said, getting onto Sparky. "Yip-yip," she said, trotting through the street.

Just after she was out of Deslin's sight Jaime pulled up next to her on a horse, matching her pace "I'm sorry" he looked sideways at him "you must think terribly of me now. That I'm a terrible brother" there was a look of genuine hurt in his eyes, the first real time he'd displayed any weakness since the start of the game.

Deslin was about to trot off toward the next town...when he stopped himself. He looked up to see a dark hooded figure atop a black horse staring at him in the distance. "What...who..." he whispered to himself. The man kicked his horse and trotted out of sight, heading toward the south horizon. Deslin looked to the next city, then to the hooded man galloping away. "They wouldn't put him in here if there wasn't a purpose...he doesn't look like a player," he again said to himself. He sighed, gave his horse a sharp kick, and began to follow the hooded man out into the middle of nowhere. They were far away from either city now, approaching what looked to be a large cave carved into the mountain side.

She looked at him and took the weakness, turning back to look at the road in front of her as they exited the city. "I won. Frankly, I don't care if you are a terrible brother anymore, because it's not my problem. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be on my way." She kicked her horse and sped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.