Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You went into a fight with a fully armoured, higher levelled gamer with a very dangerous weapon with nothing but your wits. If I hadn't come in you would be dead. So you can count yourself lucky that this is where I happened to be" he looked Deslin up and down "I intend to try and get a meal and a room before they sell out. Care to join me"

Deslin scoffed at his brother. "Lucky lucky me, I get to come with THE GREAT POWERFUL JAIMMEEEEEE OH BOOOOOY" he mocked. He finally sighed out of defeat. "I'm sorry man, its been a long day...thanks for saving my ass..let's go get something to eat," he said turning and heading for the diner

"What do you mean, full?" Fred cried, pounding her fist on the desk. "I ask for a bed and a hot meal and you say there's no room?" She looked around. "This game is so sexist," she muttered, glaring at the innkeeper and heading toward the door.

"Well you know, mother would get irritated if anything happened to you" he smiled smugly at his brother "it's the older brothers job to protect the younger siblings" he smirked at this, a twinkle in his eye as he wound him up. The tavern went quiet when he stepped in, which was to be expected when most of them had just seen him take a man out with blunt knives. "Let's go take a seat in the corner" he says as a girl walks into him and Deslin "I'm sorry" he puts his hand out to steady her "I wasn't looking...wait, I know you. You're a pro gamer, aren't you? Fred, is it?"

She rolled her eyes and stepped back. "Yeah, so? Do you want an autograph or something because I don't do that. And you're in my way."

"An autograph would be going too far, I think. We could use with your help, however. We want to get to the Plains as soon as possible. It's the most bountiful place to be right now" he smiled at her softly "come with us and I'm sure I can get you a room for the night"

She raised an eyebrow. "You? Get me a room?" She laughed without smiling. "Funny. Now, if you'll excuse me." She started to push past him.

"Everything has a price in these games. You gave up too easily. The bartender must say exactly the same thing to everybody who asks for a room on the first day, it's only logical. That means he wants some kind of quest completing. Come with us and we can do that, grab ourselves a room and get back for supper" he whispered in her ear as she went past "I can guarantee you will get the same response across the city"

She stopped, gritting her teeth. She hated charity and she hated boys. "Fine," she said, spinning back around. "Just for tonight, then I'm leaving."

"Sure thing" he looked her up and down "I don't know what use you'd be to me on the road, anyway. Now we have to work out what triggers the quest...."

"Wait a minute!" she growled, poking his chest with her finger. It didn't help her mood that she literally had to look up to talk to him. "I'm the best player in this game right now. I've got more skill than the two of you lame-brains combined. Don't just wave me off as another girl gamer you lump of lard!"

"Yikes," Delsin said. "She's a bit fiesty it seems. Listen, we aren't questioning your talent. We just want some help. Help us help you." He said leaning against the wall

She crossed her arms. "So I get a room if I help you get the room?"

"I give you my word, help us figure out this quest..get a room, and we will get you a nice room. Hell, I'll even buy you a round of drinks..on me. What do you say?" He said giving a charming smile

"Okay, alright, fine. Since you two seem like the only company available..." She looked around. "I guess we have a deal."

"Thank you, i appreciate you taking a leap with a...lame-brain lump of lard was it?" He said smirking. "Anyway, I appreciate your help." He then extended his hand to her. She was a beautiful girl, even if she had an edge...Delsin liked her

"Yes, bozo." She shook his hand firmly. "And don't get any ideas, I don't have friends and certainly not what you're thinking of."

"I wasn't thinking anything of the sort. Business partners is all we are, I understand" he said with another smile

"Right. Just business. So, you said something about drinks?"

"Indeed, would you like a drink now?" Deslin said with a smirk

Status
Not open for further replies.