Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sped after her "except you didn't win" he called as he caught up "the bartender told me this morning that you drank a whole bottle of whiskey and then collapsed. He won. He chose to lie to you so that you wouldn't go with him"

"Well it's too late now," she said. "And shouldn't you be off with him? I don't want to drag you along with me, I have business to attend to."

"I wanted to tell you a story" he looked sideways at her "don't worry, it won't take long. Then I'll leave and I promise you'll never see me again. About 5 years ago there was an MMO called Madness! and I was really good at it. I never got defeated and got to number 5 in the world. Then everything changed. I got beaten. By a girl. She was fantastic, majestic and deadly. I followed her progress through the world of pro gaming. Watched as she won trophies and medals and competitions. I felt proud. I remembered her long after she forgot me. I still remember her name. She was called Fred"

She snorted. "You think that's a story? Are you expecting me to jump into your arms now and get married? Raise your kids? Well, sorry buddy but flirting won't work with me. I didn't become number one by giving special attention to every boy who knew my name." She began to gallop.

"I don't expect anything" he looked at her, the hurt gone from his eyes "you like my brother, I knew you do. I've seen how everyone looks at him." Galloping after her "you want to see him again?" He stopped his horse "then i suggest you come with me instead of running away"

"I don't like anyone," she snapped. "But if what you say is true, then I have to keep my promise."

"You're honour bound to him?" He smirked at her "I know where he is. You need me to get to your master"

"Master?" she snarled, jumping off her horse and knocking him off his own, pinning him to the grass with her knees. "You've got quite a mouth on you!" she yelled, punching him senselessly. "You should be one to talk, coming after me like you did!"

He took the hits "you going to kill me?" He looked up,at her calmly "I want to be your friend. We have a mutual interest in someone who is currently in danger, yes? But I can't take you to where he is if you're punching me" blood was coming from his lip

"I. Don't. Care!" she yelled, punching him until her hangover caught up to her. Fred slumped onto the grass next to him, clutching her stomach, breathing hard. "Why is he in danger?" she panted.

"Apparently you don't care" he stood up, blood on his face as he looked down on her "you deserve to die" he spat on her as he climbed his horse and rode over

She lay there for a while, thinking deeply. She looked at her knuckles, now bloody and bruised. His spit was still on her face and Fred wiped it off angrily, as well as tears that trickled down her face. Maybe she did deserve to die, but she wouldn't because he told her to. She got onto her horse and sped off in the other direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.