Another Cliche Zombie Apocolypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurureenu watched from afar as Jean worked with the radio equipment, before noticing Sophia setting up an area for herself. The woman walked over toward her and gestured toward the greenhouse on the roof. "You can sleep in there if you like. There should be enough room for more people. You don't have to if you don't want to, though," she offered. "I have food stored in there and extra sleeping bags as well."

Then Jeans words came to fruition and she turned her attention back toward him, staring at the set up. "I've never left my radio on for too long... Are you sure we might get some communication?"

Sophia smiled at her as she stood, also looking to Jean when he had said he had it working. "Thank you, but this will do for me for now. " She assured Ku then chuckled "A tent wouldn't be amiss, but this works well enough." She joked then headed over to the radio and Jean, finding a place to sit nearby "I never had one of these, do you think there's anyone left to run one elsewhere?"

Soul awoke to blue skies, no foul air, and his teammates sleeping soundly. It was midmorning and surprisingly quiet. Was it all over, just like that? He thought. The air smelled real, his teammates looked real. The wind felt real, as did the heat. Was it over, was this real? Looking around off of the sides of the building, he saw the streets cleared, and the other buildings restored. He sighed deeply, realizing that he was in a dream and that the conclusion of damnation would still be upon them when he woke. He figured he might as well enjoy the freedom from the damned in his dreams before having to wake to a night filled hell.

"well i go it connected to a military satellite so it has a 50-50% chance and i also changed its radio frequency to military standards which will probably increase its range by 15-20% lets just hope some one alive might pick it up and if there's no signal within 96 hours or more it meas were all alone. plus this sat com device is a Special operations issue, which means this devices are only given to Special operations military personnel its designed to keep spec ops officers in contact with the persons issuing out any orders for us to act out when there on missions and to let them know that the team or at least one is alive its like a beacon"jean spoke as he responded to Sophia.

Rune moved the dead zombies to the back room. "God they reek" he tossed the last one in as he looked around the main floor room. "Well it looks cleaner just smells like death, but it should be good enough to sleep tonight at least here I can do guard duty to make up for my fuck up" he sighed remembering his bag was up stairs. "Fuck I have to go up there with Ku" he sighs. "She probably still pissed at me oh well" Rune started to head up stairs seeing Jean fuck with the radio and Sophia setting up not that far from him. "So Hawk I see your trying to get a hold of the military hmm" Rune spoke as he noticed Ku. "Were Soul? He a sleep already?"

Kurureenu listened to Jean's spiel, most of it coming up as a jumble of jargon that she skipped over until the numbers. "That's good then... Maybe we'll realize we're not completely alone, but what if people who are still alive don't have access to this kind of equipment?" the woman asked, staring at the setup before noticing Rune come up the steps.

"Yeah. In the greenhouse," she responded, wondering where Rune had been all this time. Then again, the last time she paid any kind of mind to him was before the knife throwing thing that scared her. "Didn't you say something to me earlier? I wasn't listening around the sound of the knife flying past my head."

Sophia smiled and nodded, though most of that was not something she understood well. She looked to Ku at her question and nodded once again "Yeah, I didn't have one before all this, so I wouldn't have heard or been able to speak to you all before we were face to face. There could be others like me out there" She said thoughtfully

Soul made his way down the stairs of the building, realizing that this building looked like it was newly built. The stairs weren't rusted. The walls of steel weren't aged. He crept down the stairs, realizing that his weapons were nowhere to be found. Sighing, he continued down the staircase until he hit the ground floor. He grabbed a metal pipe lying on the floor near the door, wondering what it was like outside. He slowly unlatched the door and opened it slowly until it was completely open. The warm breeze was the only thing to greet him, brushing against his left cheek. He knew it was a dream. He might as well enjoy the peace while it would last.

"they don't need to because this set-up can also pickup radio activity within a 300 mile radius which means we can hear any one with a radio that comes near this city, plus were connected to a satellite that broad casts our location world wide."jean replied to ku as he sat back and took a sip of coffee. "this is a long night you two better get some shut eye i'll be staying up to keep watch on the radio just in case" jean said to the two ladies

Rune sighes seeing Jean ignore him as he walked into the green house getting his back and sleep bag and heads down stair. "If anyone needs me I'll be down stair" Rune spoke as he walked down stair caring his stuff as he reached the ground floor he looked around for a good place to crash as he puts his sleeping bag close against a wall he places his backpack close as he sits on his sleeping bag and leans against the wall as he takes out his flask and opens it taking a drink as he looks at the front door hearing them moaning outside. "That's right fuckers bang the door all you like cause if you get in I'll cut you up and gun you down"

Kurureenu watched as Rune walked away without responding to her question. She frowned, a little irritated that he ignored her so blatantly. Jean's words caught her ears and she turned toward him and smiled slightly toward his offer. "Do you want me to bring a sleeping bag over here for you? At least, if you get tired, you can lay down nearby and not have to worry about missing much," she offered.

She walked over toward where Rune had his stuff, picking up the stuffed toy she had earlier selected for him. "I'll be back in a jiffy," she informed before making her way down the steps. It wasn't long before she was at the second floor, pausing and looking at the stuffed toy in her hand. Why am I even bringing this to him? Do I care so much about his well-being that I have to go so far to make sure he's comfortable? she thought, her irritation redirecting to her own actions. The woman sighed before going the rest of the way down, glancing around to find Rune by the wall.

"Catch," she called, tossing the toy at him. "Don't be completely alone." Then she quickly turned around and retreated up the steps.

Sophia shrugged and got up, going to her sleeping bag to lay down while Ku had gone downstairs. She would rest for a little while at least, though new habits would have her wake at small noises, ready to defend herself until she noticed she was safe.

The streets were clear. The sun was shining. The air was warm. It was as if the hell he was going through was over. Yet he knew that wasn't the case. His allies, Sophia, Kurureenu, Rune, and Hawk were still sleeping on the roof, and on the second floor. The street was abandoned still, but there was a new air about it all. Like life was to return soon. He hoped...soon.

"yeah thnx much obliged ma'am!"jean spoke in response to ku before he saw her grab something for rune. after he saw ku handed the toy to rune. jean thought about what rune had asked him but for got to give him a reply cause he had a lot on his mind answering the two ladies questions that he slightly forgot that rune was also there. he also observed that rune was just like him after he had his first mission kills and thought if this guy can't deal with his past rune will have a scar on his heart and mind for life so jean got up from the chair and moved towards the stairs asking ku to watch the radio for a moment as he walked past her with a face asking for a favor the n continued downwards to where rune positioned himself and said to rune "dude sorry for ignoring you i had my mind focused on answering ku and sophie."he also whispered " yeah i wanted see if we can get hold of the military channels i mean who knows if the gov't may still be operational and worst of all they may order to abandon cities and nuke-em to wipe out the zombies, in any case its top priority cuz it concerns us. so don't tell the others they may panic specially them."jean gestured his arms towards ku and Sophia then "so who was it? who were the persons you killed?, no offense but you gotta tell someone and let the guilt go bro or else you'll stay f***ed-up for ever. take it from some one who's been there"jean said as he asked rune while pointing his thumb to himself while he drank from his mug wanting to help rune.​

Rune caught the stuff bull as he watched Ku run back upstairs just as quickly as he saw Jean come down stairs as he heard Jean talk about the place getting nuked as he laughed softly. "The military would nuke a city to clear out a plague that we both know they started" Rune chuckles softly as he takes a drink from his flask as he heard Jean ask who he killed as he felt his heart weigh heavy. "I killed no one Hawk, but unless you mean zombies sure then I killed some one hell they all use to be someone till it all went to hell" Rune sighs looking down at his flask. "Maybe your parents, a loved one, dear friends, Or maybe your dear baby brother you swear to protect" Rune then took a deep breath. "I'll choose how to face my demon's Hawk for now it's at the bottom of this flask witch I wish never to see for as long as I live" Rune spoke softly. "Now you do your job as I'll do mine to make up for my fuck up being the guard for the doors"

Kurureenu felt as Jean breezed by her on the stairs, nodding after him when he asked if she could the radio before making her way the rest of the way up. She got back to the roof, running to the greenhouse real quick to fetch a sleeping bag before going back over to the radio. She spread out the sleeping bag and soon positioned herself in a seat by the radio, leaning back and looking up at the stars that had begun to show. Her thoughts went back to the morning where, like every morning, she contempated suicide over searching for more survivors.

She glanced over toward where Soul was sleeping, then Sophia. Then toward the door that Jean and Rune went through to the ground floor. She was glad she picked up the radio again.

Sophia woke at the sounds of people going in and out of the door but quickly went back to sleep again. She was glad to hear talking instead of the moaning of the dead as they roamed the streets. Having the chance to spread out like this was a wonderful feeling as well. She wondered how her friends back home were doing, if the infection was there and if she would ever see them or her hometown again since she had only come to this city as a tourist.

Soul walked about the streets, looking at the newly refurbished buildings and smelling the air. Everything was new. The doors on the buildings were polished steel, not a blemish on them. He looked toward the roof of the building he exited and noticed that the radio that his team was using was still visible. Sighing heavily, he knew that all good things must have an ending. He walked to the door of the building his team was situated in and went back inside, up the stairs and he opened the door to the roof, closing it behind him. Looking at the radio, he thought about what life could be like if it were like this.
He awoke, slowly readjusting to the foul smells of hell. He crawled out of his sleeping bag and walked over toward the radio, kneeling by it, listening for anything that could be heard on the other side.

"alright i-get it dude, have it your way but i'll tell you this drowning your guilt away with alcohol is only a temporary solution so if y'a ever feel like tell'n me or any body else feel free to do so." jean spoke to rune with a positive attitude and smile tuned around making his way back to the radio station through the stairs but posed a little and told rune. "any ways for the record look at the bright side thanx to you those who died by your hands are now in a happy place with their souls free and spared from this present shit-ass wold, Oh and don't tell-em about why i want to listen to the military channels, make me the one to tell them" then continued onward moving up the stairs and walked up to the radio station."thanx for watching the radio and sorry of making you wait ku, did you pick-up any thing from the radio?"jean asked with an apologetic tone as he knocked before he entered the door.​

Rune sighs softly. "What ever Hawk I won't tell them anything" Rune watched him walk upstairs as he took another drink from his flask as he looked at his bag reaching into it pulling out the blood stained stuff Lion looking at it. "Leo your big bro is a big fuck up" he chuckled softly as he closes his flask and looks to the ceiling and sighs as he closes his eyes feeling his body getting heavy getting tired as he fell sleep leaning against a wall

Status
Not open for further replies.