Another Cliche Zombie Apocolypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We do and I've gathered things like sleeping bags and the like in the hopes that more people will come," Kurureenu told Sophie with a small smile. It had been months of lonliness in this dead city but, in just one day, she managed to gather four other people. Four people that were alive and well. Kind of... she thought, her gaze wandering over to Rune's bottle of rum.

"Go ahead down. We'll follow." Kurureenu gestured for Sophia to follow behind Soul before reaching back and grabbing Rune's sleeve to drag along with her until the reached the street level and exited the building. She nodded toward the new stranger, another smile gracing her lips. "The building we're heading toward is that way," she started, pointing. "It's the one with the green flag."

Sophia followed the path down the stairs, looking around and watching for the dead as they exited out to the alley. She was glad that there were others around now, even if the girls were outnumbered currently. She looked to the military man then around the alley, ready to follow to the others to the other building.

It seemed like Soul was the one leading them, being the first one out, anyway. He cautioned the others to move quietly and hoped that they would not be seen. His heart beat faster and his breathing picked up. The danger and the caution coexisted. This was real. This was no dream. It was what cards were laid out. He couldn't change the hand. It was out of his control. He looked behind him as they neared the building and saw Sophie, Kurureenu, and Rune, as drunk as he might have been, following behind. He was impressed with Rune's ability, despite the intoxication. He looked up to the building they just reached and it was the one with the green flag. Quietly breathing a sigh of relief, he motioned for the others to gather their arms and be ready for whatever lay ahead. He slowly reached out for the door handle, willing to meet whatever it was on the other side.

the young man had met up with the others he then nods his head back at the woman "i'm Sgt. jean hawks US Green Beret at your service."the young man introduced himself to the group then followed them to the building with the green flag guarding their rear. after they had arrived at the said location and saw soul reaching for the door."wait don't open the door yet, position your selves at the left and right side of the door first! and let what ever is inside come out first if its a walker hit in the head, knives or whatever close combat weapons only!, guns are for last resort we don't want to attract a horde here!"the young man spoke to the group while whispering as he was gesturing the others to go to the door sides this was to prevent them from getting attacked by anything that was on the other side of the door, this was a military safety tactic that saves lives when entering and securing a building or facility. the young man then positioned himself at the left side of the door waiting for the others to do the same before soul would open the door as he griped both is two melee weapons.​

Rune watched Soul as well Hawk as he listened to Hawk's speech about the safety thing as he heard about needing to get his weapon out as he puts his rum away and takes up his hatchet. "I rather just go crash in with my ax hasn't failed me once Hawk" Rune chuckled as he sighed looking at his ax. "But this once I'll listen just don't let it go to your head bird brain" Rune then got in the right side of the door ready for anything.

"It was cleared when we left, so I'll be kinda pissed if it's not anymore," Kurureenu pointed out, still following Hawks's order as she put herself along the left side of the door. She patted her way down to where she kept her dagger and pulled it out, crouching and ready for any possible strike that may occur. She was also battling away at the flames of fear, too. Scared on what if there was something waiting for them inside there? What if one of the people she had just met today succumbed? How would she react? And would she end up being alone all over again?

Focus. she thought, waiting until everyone else was in their own situated positions and nodding her readiness toward Soul.

Sophia moved to stand against the wall to the right, watching the alley around them instead of the door. With so many of them, they had enough to watch there while she watched their backs for approaching menaces. She listened to the others, though she kept her gun out instead of switching over to her knife.

Soul quietly reached for his katana, unsheathing it and opened the door slowly. Swallowing nervously, he opened the door to see emptiness. From what he could see, it was, but he could smell death. "Someone's been through recently." He pointed out. Why were they here? Shouldn't they be getting back to the main building? Night was clearly here. "Aside from meeting Hawk, someone remind me why we're opening a door to a new building instead of getting back to the one we've been accustomed to? We need sleep. If we don't make it back within enough time, we won't survive a surprise attack."

before the door was opened jean cleared his mind focusing what ever would pop out of the door as he readied himself to act swiftly to minimize casualties he was prepared to die even if these were only people that he had recently met because he swore under the his nation's flag to protect and defend his county so he is obliged to his duty and that even if the county and government does not exist any more he would still protect hem because the are civilians because it is the reason why he joined the military.

as soon as the door was opened and nothing came out jean felt a little relaxed but then he quickly rushed inside to secure the facility he did this instinctively as he was trained to do so this was also due to his experiences in many tours and missions. "CLEAR!"he shouted to the others but not too loud just enough for them to hear him and then withdrew his weapons as he calmed down and waited for them.

Rune walked in behind him. "Good job Hawk" Rune chuckled softly as he held his ax looking around. "And what are you talking about Soul this is the building right I mean it was right across the street plus the zombies I killed are still on the floor" Rune pointed to them as he counted them making sure. "Okay I know I'm bad at math, but I'm missing a zombie" Rune then thought a moment. "Fuck...." he sighed. "I'll go look for a crawling zombie and behead him anyone want to join me?"

Kurureenu sighed, shaking her head toward Soul. "Really? This is our building. Green flag, you newb," she responded, Rune's words suddenly assaulting her ears. "You're kidding me, right?" She backed away from the doorway slightly, fear gripping at her. This was supposed to be a safe place for her but, because of this dolt, there was a zombie in here and loose?

"If we're making this much noise, it'll probably come out anyway, right?" she offered, trying to control the shake in her voice.

"Yes, it will come out, so watch your step. Good thing it's just one of them" Sophia said then headed in "We should get the door closed before another group comes by" She added and swung her gun back on it's strap as she looked around, pulling a knife out to use if that one came out at them

Soul rubbed his eyes, realizing that he was more tired than he thought. "Right...right. I haven't slept. Last night was short lived before I met all of you. Only about five hours." He sighed heavily before cursing, "God damn it. Let's...get going before I'm the one that dies tonight." Sleep sounded like a good idea, but without the proper protection, he couldn't afford to lie his head down to rest. Not yet. He could tell that he was losing focus, and fading. He wondered how long he could stay conscious before he collapsed.

"hmm a missing zombie how could i miss such a tiny detail damn i put the people i danger on our first meeting" jean cursed in his mind. he slowly took out a throwing knife from the knife strap on is chest as a shadowy figure was behind ku he then whispered while he gestured a finger on his lips "shhh... don't move!!" to ku then in a light streak flew past her as he flung the knife just barely grazing ku's hair but never touched it hitting the zombie's head with a "tuff" sound behind her. after the zombie was hit on the head it immediately collapsed dropped dead on the floor making a puddle of black blood. jean then approached the corpse and cut off its head just to make sure its dead and also retrieved the throwing knife whipping of its blood from the zombie on its clothes and smiled at ku and casually said "you have radio set up right?, i'd like to look at it and try my luck and contact any military base that is still functioning" but unexpectedly a low "growl" sound came from his stomach so jean made an embarrassed face.

Rune watched as Jean killed the zombie. "Well I guess the zombie hunt off" as he sighed knowing he should have check the corpse and not just assume he killed. "I'm sorry guys I put us in trouble" he then looked at Ku. "Sorry Ku this was all my fault" Rune smiled softly as he raised his right hand to the back of his head rubbing it.

Kurureenu turned her attention to Soul as he cursed about mistaking the building. "You're going to sleep once we get up an-" but Jean's words made her freeze in her spot, petrified but the possibilities. "What? Why?" she squeaked out before watching him take out a knife. Her mind wandered on the possibility of if this guy was going to kill them on, not knowing was was behind her. She flinched away from the path of the knife when it was thrown before quickly turning around at the sound of it connecting.

"N-nice hit," she stuttered out, not giving Rune's words any recognition. "Let's all just get upstairs. There's food and sleeping bags and water and... and it's safer than being down here." She lead the way, gesturing behind her for them to follow as she went up the steps. "Whoever is last, make sure you lock the door."

She used the silence of walking of the steps to her benefit to calm herself from the scary moment of the zombie being behind her. She was thankful that Jean had quite the targeting skill with his knives. When she got upstairs, the first thing she did was point to where she stored the radio. "I don't think it'll get far because it's a simple little thing, but it's something."

Sophia waited for them to all be inside and out of the doorway before locking the door. She did not want any herds of those things getting inside here. She looked from one to another of the males then put her knife away and followed Ku up the stairs tot he roof. Since they would be staying here a while, she walked around a bit to find a place to set up her tarp and sleeping bag then set out the jars out of the regular walkway, leaving plenty of space for anyone that might want to walk the perimeter. She didn't see much point to a radio, since those things weren't very useful in her opinion.

Soul looked at the familiarity of the rooftop of their building and realized, for what consciousness granted him, that he was safe. He looked toward a spot in the greenhouse that was bare. Thinking of nothing more than sleep, he walked over to the greenhouse, kicking his boots off and grabbing a sleeping bag out of his pack. Slowly easing himself into the sleeping bag, he drifted off as darkness consumed his sight.

jean followed ku and the others up the building then grabbed a few bites of food that was severed and he made a refreshed sigh as he drank some water that's because it has been weeks since he drank from fresh water and ate real food and that all he had was R.E.Ms (ready to eat meals)."thnx for the meal and i think i can work with your radio equipment " jean said to ku after eating his meal then shifting his attention where ku had shown him then he started to switch it on laid down his back pack then took out a mini sat com device and plugged it on the radio, on e the sat com device was booted on he the set the radio frequency to all military channels as he also connected it to a satelite."phew now all we have to do is to wait for any radio activity" he said as he sat back and waited for any thing that he may pick up.

Rune watched as they head up stairs and saw how Ku ignored him as he then sighed as he desides to stay down stairs. "Well I fucked up again" he then took a seat at the bottom of the stairs as he reached in his spare little pack taking out his rum staring at it having left his real bag up stairs. Rune then opened his flask drinking what was left as he then refilled it with the rum still having a good half of bottle left. "Good now the visons will stay just dreams" Rune then sighed as he leaned back on the stairs enjoying the silence. "I better clean down here wouldn't want it to reek to much like the dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.