Another Cliche Zombie Apocolypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rune looked at Soul hearing his story as he then looked down at his feet as images of a young boy's throat torn flashed in his head as he then looked back up smiling wearing his mask of not letting things get to him. "Sadly I don't have much of a story to be honest all I can say I'm a tourist to this city" Rune spoke as he smiled weakly lieing through his teeth as he looked at Ku. "You said something about a bed cause I would love to get some sleep haven't really slept that well this past week" Rune spoke as he looked out at the city sky line.

Kurureenu listened to Soul's words, her eyes going from him as he spoke to the floor of the roof as things went from bad to worse. The woman sighed heavily, knowing that everybody's story is going to have a lot of death from now on. There was no escaping this new world that they were tossed into. Even if they were in a place that she had promised would be safe, it was no guarantee. One day, they're going to break in again and they will either be gone or on the run. She just hoped they'd be able to move on. After all, she just finally found out she wasn't alone anymore. She wasn't willing to go back to that.

Her attention went to Rune as he asked about a place to sleep, snapping from her reverie. "There are extra sleeping bags in the greenhouse over there. Just pick wherever and set yourself up. If you get hungry, there's some canned goods in there that I had scavenged from the building. Just let me know if things get low," she informed him, gesturing to the greenhouse. It was a pretty decently sized contraption that held a lot of plants at some point. After the apocalypse hit, though, the plants were evacuated from the greenhouse to make a living space, a lot of them being floral to begin with. A majority of them still flourished when the season was ripe, which proved to be a good sign about the air around them at least.

She put her attention back on Soul. "My parents were already dead. My father died in a car accident when I was ten and my mother... She was taken by cancer when I was seventeen. I'm twenty-two now, if age meant anything in this world. When this... this hit, I was at home. I had taken the day off from work because I wasn't feeling well and was watching the news. My neighbor came over at some point and promised me soup for lunch, which I graciously accepted the offer since my boyfriend, Liev, was at work.

Around lunch time, no one came and I became worried since she had always been prompt on her promises over the years that I knew her. I went up to check on her and the door was cracked open. That's when I first came face to face with the disease."

Her mind wandered back, remembering the fight she put up against the surprisingly strong creature. She remembered how scared she was that she was going to die, her fight or flight kicking in as she was flung and pinned against the cabinet, reaching blinding for something, anything, to defend herself with before her hand came in contact with the kitchen knife in the sink, already bloodied from another fight. The scene still made her sick... And now she was here. Surrounded by those things.

"I'm sorry, Kurureenu." Was all he said before he shifted to think. "If we all decide to sleep as one, we'll probably die as one. We will need to sleep in shifts. If Rune wishes to sleep first, that's fine. You'll be woken in five hours to keep watch. Kurureenu, if you wish to get some sleep, go ahead. I don't feel like sleeping yet. My thoughts are too much of a distraction. I can't rest. Not yet. This is where we're pushed to our limit...and some... he thought. He analyzed Kurureenu's story, understanding that she had a boyfriend, either now, or...earlier on. His eyes widened in horror as he realized a horrifying truth. There was a young woman he loved; she was miles away from where he was. Knowing what hell was already at his doorstep, his face turned pale, lamenting the thought that she might be dead. That she either took her own life, or became a tool of the undead army. Dizziness washed over him as he collapsed, landing on his backside, quickly crawling over to an edge of the building and vomiting off of the side. Taking a few minutes to regain his composure, he stood back to his feet, and walked over to the greenhouse to refill his flask with water. Walking back toward Kurureenu, he took a few drinks, slowly, and stared into space.

Rune stood there listening to Ku's tale. "I'm sorry to hear about that Ku" Rune smiled weakly as he walked to were Ku pointed out the sleeping bags in the greenhouse as Rune walked into it looking around seeing all the plants as he saw the sleeping bags as he picked his know a set up his own little spot. He then sat down on the sleeping bag as he set his back down and his shotgun and ax as he pulled out his flask and took another drink of he looked in his bag seeing a stuffed lion with a tag on it with the name Leo on it with some dry blood on it's fur. He then closed it after making sure it was still in there as he lied down on the bag closing his flask as he closed his eyes.

Kurureenu waved Rune away so he would go to sleep before her gaze followed Soul across the roof and to the edge to vomit. The woman frowned, wondering for a moment if it was a good choice to invite these people. Then again, the company made her content at least. She wasn't alone, questioning whether or not she was the last living being. Now there was something to fight for instead of something to give up on.

"Soul, I've been up here for months with no problems with the zombies trying to get up here. We don't have to sleep in shifts," she pointed out to him. "Otherwise... Are you hungry? I have some canned goods in the greenhouse to choose from."

"Yeah. Nerves got to me. I'll probably need something. I'll worry about eating tomorrow." He walked over to his pack, examining the pouches. He searched through them, finding some empty, while others contained the rations of food he had with him. Searching through the deepest pouch in his bag, he pulled out a black case; dusty and unused, he unsnapped the latch to the case and laid eyes on his M1911. He had forgotten that he had packed it away months ago.

He sat the case down, kneeling down and unloaded the magazine from the pistol. He carefully began to clean it with a small rod and a cloth. There wasn't much of anything on it, save for the months worth of dust. It was the assault rifle that he had cradled like a child, and had taken a liking to using it whenever the danger approached. He took a small scope with a red dot sight, and attached it, testing the scope for precision and defects, yet not firing a single shot during the test.

Packing it away, he sighed, and stood up, waiting, wondering what might happen in the near future.

A figure could be seen making their way onto another rooftop nearby. The dark clothes she wore hid her figure while giving her freedom of movement and the ability to hide a bit from the dead walking the city. She had heard the singing, but hadn't been able to make it to the right building. She was lucky a bit in that this was only an office building, and that it had been empty, all the people had left to try to get home, leaving it empty of humans dead or alive. She had barricaded the door after an initial sweep then gone through, searching desks and break rooms for any supplies she could find in there. Pickings had been slim, but not completely a useless exercise. For the moment, she was munching on a granola bar she had found and using her binoculars to look at the buildings around her for the owner of that voice she had heard. She didn't have a radio, so she had no idea if they were looking for others or not, but she was tired of being alone, so she would look and see how things turned out.

She had a dark hooded jacket over jeans and tall boots and a large backpack on her back, hiding everything about who she was for the moment, even when she had brought the binoculars to her face to have a look around. After a quick look around in which she saw no one, her building being a bit lower than the one the others were on, she went to set out a bunch of jars and anything she could find to help collect any rain or dew, setting up so she could take a rest and settle herself for the day.

Rune lied there on his sleeping bag trying to sleep having nightmares as he awoke in a dark building looking around. "Ku...Soul?" he shouted as he walked around the darken building as he heard groaning as he shut up thinking the undead were close by so he started to sneak as he realized he didn't have hi shotgun nor his ax as he saw a door and leaned his his head against it hearing groaning on the other side knowing that there were zombies. Rune looked around the room seeing this was the only door as he sighed and opened the door slowly as he sneaks into the room still not able to see movement, but realizing that the groaning had stopped.

"You let me die" spoke a soft voice. Rune looked around knowing who's voice that was. "I didn't mean to I tried to save us both" Rune looked around as that's all the voice repeated as Rune raised his hands to his ears trying to block out the sound.

Kurureenu listened to Soul's words and sighed, rolling her eyes. "I guess more rations for another time, then," she muttered, going into the greenhouse to look at the stock of cans and to check the plants. Her gaze went over toward Rune for a moment, noticing some movement from the sleeping man. She wondered if he was having a bad dream for a moment, then again... Who wouldn't in this place? She glanced over to one of the boxes inside the greenhouse, opening it and pulling out one of the stuffed animals at random and laying it next to him before walking away. Even if she gathered the stuffed toys with the potential of a child coming to the roof, there was nothing against them being used for comfort as an adult, too.

She exited, glancing toward Soul cleaning his guns before turning her attention to the horizon. "Say... Soul, you don't think there might be someone else out there, do you? You two are here... Like, there's a possibility, right?"

"I'd like to think that there is someone else out there, Kurureenu." He replied. Standing, he began to walk the perimeter, carefully looking on the rooftops until he spotted something... jars! There are jars on that rooftop! "Kurureenu, there are jars on this rooftop." He exclaimed, pointing out each jar. "Someone has to be on that rooftop, but...it's for tomorrow, I suppose unless you want to make the attempt tonight. I'll have your back either way." There was someone else?! In the midst of this chaos, there was someone else!

The female walked back into view, going to the edge of her roof to look down. She circled around her perimeter, watching for the dead and making sure they were not attracted to this building yet. After a complete circle, she stopped and moved back to where she had set up a tarp over her chosen sleeping place and removed her jacket then sat down to unbind her hair and start brushing it out. She was safe for the moment, if still alone. Her hair was dark brown and fell to her waist when it was free, though she braided it back up as soon as she was done with brushing it out

Rune awoke in a cold sweat as he looked around seeing he was still in the greenhouse as he looked down seeing a stuffed bull beside him as he sighed softly knowing after that he wouldn't be abke to go back to sleep. He got up and picked up his ax as he walked out of the green house hearing Soul talking about there being jars across the street on another roof top. "Well we better check at least undead or alive it doesn't matter we'll find supplies and maybe a new friend"

Kurureenu frowned, looking between the two men that wanted to go. Maybe she did, too, but those things scared her. What scared her more, though, was being alone. The mornings where she contemplated suicide over trying her dead-end searches because the only thing to talk to was whomever this 'God' was that would allow such a fate to befall the world. Her gaze went over toward the direction where Soul spotted possible life.

We could die! her conscious argued.

But... if they go alone and die out there, you'd probably die anyway. she retorted, her expression changing to one of determination. She picked up her handgun that she had just put away and checked that her dagger was in place.

"I know this city like the back of my hand. I'll take the lead. You two cover my back and each other's backs. We stay quiet and go fast and try not to fire shots and draw attention. The aim of the game is to get in quietly and see if there's anyone there." Her gaze swept over to Rune's, connecting. "Got it?"

"Understood." Soul opened his pack and grabbed his pistol and readied himself for what was to come. Following Kurureenu, he sighed, "There has to be someone down there. It's the only explanation of why jars would be placed specifically on the roof." Following to the base of the building, Soul powered through lifting the latch. "Everyone ready?" Preparing himself for something or nothing, he waited on Kurureenu to give the signal.

Sophia sighed after a while and got up to walk around the edge of the building again. She didn't want to draw the attention of the dead, but she did want to have a look around to see how the streets looked and if they had cleared out any yet. Quietly, she went to the edge, starting a slow walk around the perimeter and watching the streets below.

Rune went and picked up his shotgun as he placed his ax on his waist as he followed the rest to the door getting his shot gun ready. "Ready when ever you two are" Rune spoke as he smiled softly ready to blow the head off any undead out there that gets in there way.

Kurureenu glanced toward the other two, her gaze weary. "Remember, do not fire any shots unless it is absolutely needed. We don't need those things anywhere near us," she told them before gesturing after them. "Now... Follow me and let's go."

She walked through the doorway and into the open city streets, glancing back to make sure the door was being closed after them. She didn't want a repeat of their introduction to Rune, after all. Gestured for the two to follow and led the way through the streets, stopping the group every now and then to let a group pass by with them undetected before continuing forward and to the building. "Here's the building," Kurureenu whispered, nodding to Soul to watch her back while she worked on trying to open the door. "Damn... I think it has something behind it."

When she saw people walking towards her building, Sophia almost couldn't believe it, then she remembered the blockade she had put in front of the door and turned to hurry down to the first floor to move the stuff away so she would be able to open it. Living people, it was going to be so odd to talk to another living person again. She paused at the last chair, wondering if they would be good people or not then shook her head, did it really matter that much? Before she could convince herself that it would matter, she moved it and opened the door for the trio, though she kept her gun close for her safety

Once everyone was inside, Soul closed the door and looked for a latch to have a few moments of discussion with the woman. No latch. He noticed an aged couch near the door like it had been pushed away. Perhaps she pushed it aside to let us in, he thought. Walking over to it, he pushed it in front of the door again. It would be the only logical thing he could think of to buy them time if something were to happen. Stepping away from it, he took his flask from one of his many left pockets and took a drink of water, placing it back into the pocket afterward. He looked at his pistol, placing it in his right front pocket, and unzipping the bag which carried his assault rifle on his right shoulder. Taking it out of the bag, he zipped the bag up and held the weapon facing the barrels away from the three in the room with him. The matter finished, he turned his attention to the woman and nodded in respect.

Rune watched as the door opened up and saw on the other side of the door was a women as he lowered his guard and watched as the rest went into the building and followed suit as he turned watching Soul push the couch back in front of the door as Rune put his shotgun away then turned his attention to the new girl. "Thanks for opening the door" Rune spoke as he looked around scanning the building making sure this wasn't a trap as he saw no one else around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.