Animus Veritas: Humanity's Last Home

When does the Walrus bacon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder: IC post goes up this Sunday. You have three days left to post in the IC. :ferret:

I'll have Gerrit go top or bottom deck tomorrow night or Saturday morning. Sonce it's the long weekend I get off base early and should be able to get a good post up.

Reactions: Brovo
IC Post up! All 15 players posted this round! Hooray! Sorry about being a day late on the response here, but my medication knocked me out on Sunday and left me unable to finish the post which I have finished today.

This is largely the same as the Tutorial. It'll come along with each action log so you can reference it if need-be. It may be updated over time to reflect refinements to the system.

These are mostly key terms so you can understand the Action Log. The Action Log is recorded every post and details what the GM perceives the actions in your post to be, summarized succinctly. Keep in mind that teamwork is encouraged. Non-risky options increase your survivability, but also increase the odds that you will fail side objectives and/or increase the odds someone else will be hit instead of you.

In essence: Working together = good. Strategies = good. Rambo = Live free, die very badly.

Rounds: # specifies which posting round the RP is in. This will generally have no use to you unless you have timed abilities. (As a rule of thumb, 15 seconds is the length of the average combat round. Standard laser rifles and the like can fire once and recharge in that time frame. Non-combat rounds have no time rules.)

Ranged Attack Modifiers
  • Unless otherwise specified or described, ranged attacks with no modifiers are considered snap shots: No bonuses, no negatives.
  • Aimed: Bonuses to chance to hit and critical hit chance, negatives to dodge and perception chances. Check your corners...
  • Reaction Fire: Your character is protecting someone and hasn't fired that turn, resulting in a free shot during the GM round that can intercept enemies before they can harm friends. Especially low rolls or evasive enemies make this harder to hit.
  • Firing on the Move: Lowers the chance to hit, slightly increases odds of evasion.
  • Firing Blindly: You're firing from cover without looking. High negatives to hit, high bonuses to not being hit. As a note: Cover in general increases your odds of survival.

Melee Attack Modifiers
  • Unless otherwise specified or described, melee attacks with no modifiers are considered standard strikes: No bonuses, no negatives, character will interrupt their own attack with a defensive measure if they believe their attack would get them killed. Note if: No guarantees they won't miss something!
  • Defensive: Character is fighting defensively, increases odds of resisting or evading blows, decreases odds of hitting targets effectively.
  • Aggressive: Character is fighting offensively, increases odds of hitting targets effectively and critical hit chance, decreases odds of dodging or blocking attacks.
  • Berserk: Character has decided to abandon all defensive measures to mercilessly destroy a thing. Bonus resistance to pain, massively lowered defense stats, massively increased offense stats.
  • Bodyguard: Character is physically protecting someone else. Behaves akin to Reaction Fire, except with a shield (if available) and melee weapon to prevent harm to their friends.
  • Charge: Character is rapidly advancing towards a target, sacrificing some defense for increased evasion and the chance to knock a target down if they connect.

NPC Modifiers
  • Behaviours: These specify why an NPC is doing the thing it's doing.
    • Independent: NPC is behaving of their own initiative, which dependent on personality, may or may not be helpful for you.
    • Under Orders: NPC is doing as told. Note that if an NPC doesn't like you or believes your orders are senseless suicide, they'll likely disobey you and return to Independent status.
    • Panicking: NPC is panicking and isn't useful to you. They might listen to people who tell them which direction to flee in, or where to duck and hide. You'll likely need to console them to bring them back to their wits. This can apply to enemies as well, which allows you to force them to surrender.

Objectives are listed next to squads/groups, listing what task your squad/group has either been assigned or has taken on themselves. (Primary) objectives have significant influence in a story, but don't necessarily spell a 'game over' screen for failure. (Secondary) objectives are generally bonuses you should achieve if you can, which can help your cause or character on a personal or national level. (Tertiary) objectives are entirely optional and rarely have any negative effect if failed.

Round 2.

Lower Deck Team (Retrieval Squad): Non-Combat. (Primary) Retrieve a piece of the ship's core.
  1. Alkazar: Requests Marietta Cowen to join him (it?) on the Lower Decks.
  2. Kiera Hanlon: Making two high explosive and five fragmentation grenades. (Will be completed by the time they reach the tanks.)
  3. Ruth Tobias Sampson: No companion preference.
  4. Kholar Lherox: No companion preference.
  5. Kyine Lherox: Marietta Cowen, flirting.
  6. Irving "IV" Forfax: No companion preference.
  7. (NPC) Marietta Cowen: (Independent.)
Upper Deck Team (Rescue Squad): Non-Combat. (Primary) Find and rescue Egidia Fullcrum.
  1. Varsel Crossford: Requests Zeetch Vanderfeld to join him on the Upper Decks.
  2. Steven Jones: Requests Zeetch Vanderfeld to join him (her?) on the Upper Decks.
  3. Morris Heller: Requests either Marietta Cowen or Katrina Molnya to accompany him.
  4. Aimee Vera: Requests Zeetch Vanderfeld to accompany her to a closet join the team.
  5. Sade Bilbrey: No companion preference.
  6. Gerrit: No companion preference.
  7. (NPC) Zeetch Vanderfeld: (Independent.)
Middle Deck Team (Rescue Squad): Non-Combat. (Primary) Find and rescue Egidia Fullcrum.
  1. April "Anthony" Abel: No companion preference.
  2. Kain: No companion preference.
  3. Thoko Ekhinos: Requests Marietta Cowen to accompany him.
  4. Linus Umber Kristoph Agatha 'Screecher' Love: No companion preference.
  5. Nolan Belle: No companion preference.
  6. (NPC) Katrina Molnya: (Independent.)

Transition section is dedicated to giving responses to your characters and progressing everyone to their missions. If it seems lengthy, that's because each NPC is responding to everyone around them. Y'all have one more opportunity to plan things out, work with your allies, grab last minute supplies, and head into the ship. :ferret:

The next GM post will arrive May 31st, Sunday. You can collab-post with me if you want to ask the NPC's a quick question. If you want some questions answered by NPC's, just PM me the questions and I'll reply from the perspective of the NPC, which you can add to your post.

Nolan saw a bunch of kids playing on being excurcion troops; SQUADDIE DADDY ENGAGED.

• Love
Reactions: K3l
*coughs* How 'bout that C listers post?

• Useful
Reactions: Drifter
@Jakers I actually have a touch of a complaint. Aimee and Sade never verbally expressed their rivalry or anything. You are taking player knowledge and turning it into character knowledge. You also assume to know everyone's skills without any prior experience with these characters. You're metagaming, even if it isn't against the GM. :T

Oh, my apologies - I thought they were giving each other funny looks and such. Because I hate metagaming, I'll change that right away - sorry again!

It happens, I can understand it getting confusing as well with like 15 people. : P

There, changed it to less metagamey 'I KNOW ALL' kind of thing. I thought our characters might have been given information about each other before this began; apparently not. x3

I felt like my first post didn't do anywhere near enough to delve into the odder side of Kiera's personality, so I went hard with it this time. She's fun to write, very logical and mechanical thinker whilst still being dumb about lots of things and kind of scatterbrained when not dealing with machines or exploration. :D

Just posted. Zeetch dared to bring up Steven's muteness, so here comes the salt.

IC Post up! Kholar has been killed off due to the user being banned. If you're wondering why there was a delay in the post, that is part of the reason: I was caught up in that mess. As such, you still have two weeks to post, it'll just be on fridays instead of sundays. :ferret:

This is largely the same as the Tutorial. It'll come along with each action log so you can reference it if need-be. It may be updated over time to reflect refinements to the system.

These are mostly key terms so you can understand the Action Log. The Action Log is recorded every post and details what the GM perceives the actions in your post to be, summarized succinctly. Keep in mind that teamwork is encouraged. Non-risky options increase your survivability, but also increase the odds that you will fail side objectives and/or increase the odds someone else will be hit instead of you.

In essence: Working together = good. Strategies = good. Rambo = Live free, die very badly.

Rounds: # specifies which posting round the RP is in. This will generally have no use to you unless you have timed abilities. (As a rule of thumb, 15 seconds is the length of the average combat round. Standard laser rifles and the like can fire once and recharge in that time frame. Non-combat rounds have no time rules.)

Ranged Attack Modifiers
  • Unless otherwise specified or described, ranged attacks with no modifiers are considered snap shots: No bonuses, no negatives.
  • Aimed: Bonuses to chance to hit and critical hit chance, negatives to dodge and perception chances. Check your corners...
  • Reaction Fire: Your character is protecting someone and hasn't fired that turn, resulting in a free shot during the GM round that can intercept enemies before they can harm friends. Especially low rolls or evasive enemies make this harder to hit.
  • Firing on the Move: Lowers the chance to hit, slightly increases odds of evasion.
  • Firing Blindly: You're firing from cover without looking. High negatives to hit, high bonuses to not being hit. As a note: Cover in general increases your odds of survival.

Melee Attack Modifiers
  • Unless otherwise specified or described, melee attacks with no modifiers are considered standard strikes: No bonuses, no negatives, character will interrupt their own attack with a defensive measure if they believe their attack would get them killed. Note if: No guarantees they won't miss something!
  • Defensive: Character is fighting defensively, increases odds of resisting or evading blows, decreases odds of hitting targets effectively.
  • Aggressive: Character is fighting offensively, increases odds of hitting targets effectively and critical hit chance, decreases odds of dodging or blocking attacks.
  • Berserk: Character has decided to abandon all defensive measures to mercilessly destroy a thing. Bonus resistance to pain, massively lowered defense stats, massively increased offense stats.
  • Bodyguard: Character is physically protecting someone else. Behaves akin to Reaction Fire, except with a shield (if available) and melee weapon to prevent harm to their friends.
  • Charge: Character is rapidly advancing towards a target, sacrificing some defense for increased evasion and the chance to knock a target down if they connect.

NPC Modifiers
  • Behaviours: These specify why an NPC is doing the thing it's doing.
    • Independent: NPC is behaving of their own initiative, which dependent on personality, may or may not be helpful for you.
    • Under Orders: NPC is doing as told. Note that if an NPC doesn't like you or believes your orders are senseless suicide, they'll likely disobey you and return to Independent status.
    • Panicking: NPC is panicking and isn't useful to you. They might listen to people who tell them which direction to flee in, or where to duck and hide. You'll likely need to console them to bring them back to their wits. This can apply to enemies as well, which allows you to force them to surrender.

Objectives are listed next to squads/groups, listing what task your squad/group has either been assigned or has taken on themselves. (Primary) objectives have significant influence in a story, but don't necessarily spell a 'game over' screen for failure. (Secondary) objectives are generally bonuses you should achieve if you can, which can help your cause or character on a personal or national level. (Tertiary) objectives are entirely optional and rarely have any negative effect if failed.

Round 3.

Lower Deck Team (Retrieval Squad): Non-Combat. (Primary) Retrieve a piece of the ship's core.
  1. Alkazar: Makes remark about the plants.
    1. Three anti-plant mortar rounds. Two FAE (?) shells, fragmentation shell, low yield.
  2. Kiera Hanlon: Plans to follow up behind everyone else.
    1. Two HE Grenades, Five Frag Grenades. (Inventoried from Materializer Box.
  3. Ruth Tobias Sampson: Sends scout drone ahead.
  4. Kholar Lherox (NPC): Deserved worse.
  5. Kyine Lherox: Offers to take point, offers a solution to the Clyde issue.
  6. Irving "IV" Forfax: Volunteers to take point.
  7. (NPC) Marietta Cowen: Scouts ahead and confirms Kholar's death. Holding position at the bottom of the ladder. (Independent.)
Upper Deck Team (Rescue Squad): Non-Combat. (Primary) Find and rescue Egidia Fullcrum.
  1. Varsel Crossford: Takes the lead/Enters the ship? (I believe this is your next course of action.)
  2. Steven Jones: Attempts to program Scavenging Application with map? (Unsure of how effective this will be. Will roll result.)
  3. Morris Heller: Gets Zeetch to make him combat drugs. Following behind/beside Varsel? (Unsure of formation, but definitely know you're right by Varsel forming a front line.)
  4. Aimee Vera: Offers to scout ahead.
  5. Sade Bilbrey: Introduces herself. Sticks to the middle of the group.
  6. Gerrit:
  7. (NPC) Zeetch Vanderfeld: Traveling, remaining with the core group. (Independent.)
Middle Deck Team (Rescue Squad): Non-Combat. (Primary) Find and rescue Egidia Fullcrum.
  1. April "Anthony" Abel: Tries to cheer up Katrina.
  2. Kain: Moves with the group? (Unsure. I think you mean for Kain to be behind Nolan, but forming the front line some distance behind the scout.)
  3. Thoko Ekhinos: ... ? (I have literally no idea what this amounts to, or what physical effect it's supposed to have beyond causing concern for Animus Veritas due to his repeated sweat/heart race episodes. Sorry. :flail:)
  4. Linus Umber Kristoph Agatha 'Screecher' Love: Leads into the middle deck.
  5. Nolan Belle: Issues orders, moves ahead. Rude towards Katrina Molnya.
  6. (NPC) Katrina Molnya: Ignores Nolan's orders, traveling with the main group. (Independent.)

The next GM post will arrive June 19, Friday. You can collab-post with me if you want to ask the NPC's a quick question. If you want some questions answered by NPC's, just PM me the questions and I'll reply from the perspective of the NPC, which you can add to your post.

Brovo, what's with the maps?

Those are simple visual diagrams that I painstakingly drew in five minutes in paint to help you get a general idea of your environment. Specifically: Where the walls are. The room labels are also in your map, so you can ICly say "I'm going to Q1" for example, and it's covered by the map you're carrying. There's a reason I made the point of giving everyone a map! :ferret: If you're not on the map yet, that's because a scout moved in ahead of you. If there's no hostile targets in the area, you're free to move in unimpeded. If there are hostile targets, it's up to the scout to alert you before you enter the area. It is possible to ambush those attempting to seek you out if you play things especially cleverly, with a little luck anyway.

@middle deck group.

Kain will comply with whatever plans you guys come up with, whether it be ambush or to sneak past.

I'm taking just smashing through everything with little-to-no regard is on the table then?

Status
Not open for further replies.