Animus Veritas: Humanity's Last Home

When does the Walrus bacon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone, @CAS is pulling out. He mentioned it to me via PM. If you're waiting on him to post, you now know you don't have to. I'm still around to help anyone with their posts if necessary.

For the upper decks, probs going to let Aimee report back with her scouting results before I post.

I have the feeling something really important is behind that broken door, but kicking down the door will cause a combat situation XD. Up to you if you guys think we can handle it.

For the upper decks, probs going to let Aimee report back with her scouting results before I post.

I have the feeling something really important is behind that broken door, but kicking down the door will cause a combat situation XD. Up to you if you guys think we can handle it.
You could try knocking first.

"Hello, Veritas Pizza. We have an order for a Triple-Mozarella, double-Pepperoni, double-chilli ring-stinger."

Personally, I'd take a third, cuz that door would wake up things through the whole ship it sounds like.

Reactions: Brovo
  1. Thoko Ekhinos: ... ? (I have literally no idea what this amounts to, or what physical effect it's supposed to have beyond causing concern for Animus Veritas due to his repeated sweat/heart race episodes. Sorry. :flail:)

Sorry mate, I thought we might get a pre-entry briefing at our insertion point so I just made an introspective post up to there. Though Thoko is an extrovert, he has episodes of dysphoria and isn't the much seasoned warrior at this time so he will try to answer the question of "what the fuck is going on" before directly interacting with his comrades.

A question per the maps though: is the middle floor suppose to be blocked off in its ability to go to the immediate left by crates? I'm assuming that the door at the far left wall is our objective and by sneak around you are implying a right turn and following the perimeter counter-clockwise?

@ Middle Team, Thoko is the definition of support role. Probably the definition of a glass cannon too. Its a techie with a bazooka. He will remain behind cover or tank characters until his time to shine. He will certainly express interest in accessing that computer console if the opportunity presents.

I'm either going to wait for one of our two Artificiers to post, or do a quick collab with Jorick or Kad so that we can get Clyde in some sort of a pulley system or on a ramp or something before Irving stomps around down there.

Nah, we'll jus' kick the doctor down and drop the bull on top of him. We all like the bull better, right?

Right?

I'm either going to wait for one of our two Artificiers to post, or do a quick collab with Jorick or Kad so that we can get Clyde in some sort of a pulley system or on a ramp or something before Irving stomps around down there.
I was planning on getting a post out tomorrow morning to have Kiera use her Materializer Box to make a harness and pulley at least, and perhaps leave the rope/chain to Alkazar in the interest of time. We can collab that if you're gonna be available some time in the window of 9 AM to 2 PM PDT.

lol jk, I posted.

Last edited:
@Hellis not to be a taskmaster, but it might be helpful for Middle team if you gave your perspective as the front man for us to react off of; I know I'm struggling for material and it would help loads.

Just whipped up something quick for the next round. Basically all Steven did action-wise was join up with Sade and get his gun ready.

I am providing the information now so that if anyone wishes in the future to collaborate, discuss or chat with me, they might. I can be reached at the following:

Steam: Kiita

This is largely the same as the Tutorial. It'll come along with each action log so you can reference it if need-be. It may be updated over time to reflect refinements to the system.

These are mostly key terms so you can understand the Action Log. The Action Log is recorded every post and details what the GM perceives the actions in your post to be, summarized succinctly. Keep in mind that teamwork is encouraged. Non-risky options increase your survivability, but also increase the odds that you will fail side objectives and/or increase the odds someone else will be hit instead of you.

In essence: Working together = good. Strategies = good. Rambo = Live free, die very badly.

Rounds: # specifies which posting round the RP is in. This will generally have no use to you unless you have timed abilities. (As a rule of thumb, 15 seconds is the length of the average combat round. Standard laser rifles and the like can fire once and recharge in that time frame. Non-combat rounds have no time rules.)

Ranged Attack Modifiers
  • Unless otherwise specified or described, ranged attacks with no modifiers are considered snap shots: No bonuses, no negatives.
  • Aimed: Bonuses to chance to hit and critical hit chance, negatives to dodge and perception chances. Check your corners...
  • Reaction Fire: Your character is protecting someone and hasn't fired that turn, resulting in a free shot during the GM round that can intercept enemies before they can harm friends. Especially low rolls or evasive enemies make this harder to hit.
  • Firing on the Move: Lowers the chance to hit, slightly increases odds of evasion.
  • Firing Blindly: You're firing from cover without looking. High negatives to hit, high bonuses to not being hit. As a note: Cover in general increases your odds of survival.

Melee Attack Modifiers
  • Unless otherwise specified or described, melee attacks with no modifiers are considered standard strikes: No bonuses, no negatives, character will interrupt their own attack with a defensive measure if they believe their attack would get them killed. Note if: No guarantees they won't miss something!
  • Defensive: Character is fighting defensively, increases odds of resisting or evading blows, decreases odds of hitting targets effectively.
  • Aggressive: Character is fighting offensively, increases odds of hitting targets effectively and critical hit chance, decreases odds of dodging or blocking attacks.
  • Berserk: Character has decided to abandon all defensive measures to mercilessly destroy a thing. Bonus resistance to pain, massively lowered defense stats, massively increased offense stats.
  • Bodyguard: Character is physically protecting someone else. Behaves akin to Reaction Fire, except with a shield (if available) and melee weapon to prevent harm to their friends.
  • Charge: Character is rapidly advancing towards a target, sacrificing some defense for increased evasion and the chance to knock a target down if they connect.

NPC Modifiers
  • Behaviours: These specify why an NPC is doing the thing it's doing.
    • Independent: NPC is behaving of their own initiative, which dependent on personality, may or may not be helpful for you.
    • Under Orders: NPC is doing as told. Note that if an NPC doesn't like you or believes your orders are senseless suicide, they'll likely disobey you and return to Independent status.
    • Panicking: NPC is panicking and isn't useful to you. They might listen to people who tell them which direction to flee in, or where to duck and hide. You'll likely need to console them to bring them back to their wits. This can apply to enemies as well, which allows you to force them to surrender.

Objectives are listed next to squads/groups, listing what task your squad/group has either been assigned or has taken on themselves. (Primary) objectives have significant influence in a story, but don't necessarily spell a 'game over' screen for failure. (Secondary) objectives are generally bonuses you should achieve if you can, which can help your cause or character on a personal or national level. (Tertiary) objectives are entirely optional and rarely have any negative effect if failed.

NAT means someone effectively failed to post that round, generally.

Reasoning is sometimes used to illuminate why an NPC acted the way they did.

Round 3.

Lower Deck Team (Retrieval Squad): Non-Combat. (Primary) Retrieve a piece of the ship's core.
  1. Alkazar: Attaches chain to Irving's bull.
    1. Three anti-plant mortar rounds. Two FAE (?) shells, fragmentation shell, low yield.
  2. Kiera Hanlon: Creates a pulley system to lower Clyde.
    1. Two HE Grenades, Five Frag Grenades. (Inventoried from Materializer Box.
  3. Ruth Tobias Sampson: Goes to the lower decks, sends Damsel to scout the left path.
  4. Kholar Lherox (NPC): Deserved worse.
  5. Kyine Lherox: Descends to the lower decks.
  6. Irving "IV" Forfax: Stands with his back against the wall, facing (?) towards right passage.
  7. (NPC) Marietta Cowen: Waiting for a leader to be picked. (Independent.) (Reasoning: "I'm not comfortable taking command if someone else is able and willing.")
Upper Deck Team (Rescue Squad): Non-Combat. (Primary) Find and rescue Egidia Fullcrum.
  1. Varsel Crossford: NAT.
  2. Steven Jones: Agrees with Sade's... Plan? (What plan?)
  3. Morris Heller: Stays with his group?
  4. Aimee Vera: Searches for a ventilation shaft or similar systems of vents.
  5. Sade Bilbrey: Opens the first door.
  6. Gerrit: (Has left the RP.)
  7. (NPC) Zeetch Vanderfeld: Waits for others to proceed. (Independent.) (Reasoning: "I can't fight!")
Middle Deck Team (Rescue Squad): Non-Combat. (Primary) Find and rescue Egidia Fullcrum.
  1. April "Anthony" Abel: Points out the console at the center of the room.
  2. Kain: Heckles about the medic to Katrina, protects the medic (April) while staying behind him.
  3. Thoko Ekhinos: ... ?
  4. Linus Umber Kristoph Agatha 'Screecher' Love: (Has left the RP. Read below.)
  5. Nolan Belle: ... ?
  6. (NPC) Katrina Molnya: Takes charge of the situation. (Independent.) (Reasoning: "We can't sit on our ass and wait to die.")

The next GM post will arrive July 3rd, Friday. If you want some questions answered by NPC's, just PM me the questions and I'll reply from the perspective of the NPC, which you can add to your post.

I'd also like to quickly remind everyone that if you choose not to do anything, I won't be able to further the story. I need at least two of you on each deck doing something to advance the plot. Others can back them up, that's fine, but a lack of actions is pretty poisonous to pacing. :ferret: You can also contact Animus Veritas at any time. The ship AI is always there to help you unless otherwise stated by me.

Snakey PM'd me letting me know that he's withdrawing from Animus Veritas.

@Jakers Has failed to post this round. Hello Jakers? Still there? :ferret:

Yeah, still here! Thought I'd already posted for some odd reason, but I'll post this turn for sure. Just imagine Varsel was 420 praising it last turn or something.

Posted.
@Brovo - mind if we could get a description of what's in Varsel's sight range? If it's alright, I'll edit what's immediately behind door number 3 in my post.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Brovo - mind if we could get a description of what's in Varsel's sight range? If it's alright, I'll edit what's immediately behind door number 3 in my post.
[Be sure to edit this into your post as well.]

Upon opening the door, Varsel finds the room to be empty--the only two things of interest he could note were a broken terminal, and a strange insectoid. It has a humanoid-like structure to it, being bipedal with two arms. It, however, shared more in common with insects than humans, having a pair of folded wings on its back similar to those of a grasshopper. Exoskeletal armour coated its limbs and torso, save at joints, with a dark green colouration to it. Its hands, strangely, seemed nearly identical to human hands. In its hands was a helmet, likely the one that Egidia wore as its built-in camera was replaying a series of events. The insectoid drops the helmet as Varsel opens the door, and hisses at him. Its hands retract into the large exoskeletal armour around its wrists, with a pair of short, serrated, knife-like weapons, taking the place of its hands. It crouches low, seemingly ready to pounce and attack anyone who approached it.

Since Steven's actions are currently reactions to Sade's choices. I'll hold off on my post until Sade's is up.

One week left to post, folks. :ferret:

I know I'm holding up a bit of Upper Deck progress, so I'll put something up tomorrow.

I've got an exam on the second so once I've knocked that out I'll slide my post in real nice like.

Posted. I will be editing in info later about anything that Irving can see to help us better deal with these aliens.

Three days left to post, kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.