Animus Veritas: Humanity's Last Home

When does the Walrus bacon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slot 5: Fluffy: Acquired along with his armor, his weapon of choice is a nigh-indestructible three foot long metal pole. A three foot pole that happens to be able to change into different sized weapons. So far it's capable of a claymore, a battleaxe and a spear, all of them moderately sharper than their conventional brethren.
Flat out denied. Think of something else.

Thanks for the prompt approval, Borov.

Also, woo! No need to tweak! That makes my day a lot easier xD

Last custom is done. Hopefully the sequel will be accepted.

Sorry, I won't be able to join in this time. Have fun though.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Brovo

Name: Gerrit
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Gerrit stands shorter than his brother at 5'11", but is broader and more muscled. His dark brown hair is swept back. Any facial hair is meticulously shaven every morning. It's unlikely that Gerrit's ever seen without the same stern look on his face, though his wife and kids tends to bring out the best of him.

Biography:
Most of Gerrits childhood was spent near the outer levels of Veritas. His father was a hunter who provided for his family, at least until he was killed on an expedition. Gerrits older brother was with him at the time and escaped with moderate injuries. Raiders had attacked them to steal the game they'd hunted, and it erupted in a firefight when Gerrit's father refused to part with the catch. Still young at the time he was heartbroken by the death of his father and seemed to grow up faster than he ought to. Under the tutelage of his older brother Gerrits jovial childhood ended; he became a hunter in place of his father.

The added responsibility turned Gerrit into a serious person, without much time for playing or fooling around. A childhood sweetheart, who he would later marry, seemed to be the only one that could crack his shell. When she had his children two years ago he was worried that his wife wouldn't survive the pregnancy. Luck on his side, and a safe dose of GenSyns, she gave him twin girls.

Background: Hunter
Profession: Extra-Sensory
Combat Role: Ranger

Unique Abilities:
  • Tip Top Shape: Keeping his body in the best shape he can Gerrit is better at physical tasks than typical and can perform more complex and difficult movements than others. (Bonus to Athletic related challenges.)
  • Longvision Visor: Visor sights that allow magnified vision for the user as well as Intelligent Display that allows objects to be tagged and highlighted by the visor. An integrated system allows it to aid in long range target acquisition for small arms. (Bonus to Sight based Perception and Long Range Attacks.)
  • Sceptical: Gerrit doubts a lot of things and a lot of people and isn't afraid to call them out. (Bonus against Intimidation, Bluff, and Persuasion attempts against the character.)
  • Stable Platform: After a few years of hunting Gerrit figured out how to properly support his rifle whether he's moving or not. (Bonus to using ranged weapons while stationary or moving.)
  • No.8 MkIV Light Scanner Drone: A flying scanning drone with a forward visible arc of 230° that feeds information back to a handheld device. This drone is held aloft with dual pivoting thrusters and as such is not submersible. It can attach to wearable mounts and act as a light jetpack capable of lifting 80kg up to 3 meters. These drones are easily susceptible to damage and are not recommended for combat as they are unarmed.

Coo Coo Ca Choo

@Ozferatu Kholar Lherox is approved.
Stable Platform: After a few years of hunting Gerrit figured out how to properly support his rifle whether he's moving or not. (Bonus to using ranged weapons while stationary or moving.)
Keep in mind that while bonuses will be applied on both, he'll still be less accurate mobile rather than stationary firing. Verify that you know this and I can approve the trait. :ferret:

Everyone: Remember. Weekend is when the post will go up. Could be Saturday, more likely Sunday. As Saturday, I'll be helping my old man dig a literal dump truck's worth of dirt to level his property, so five hours of shoveling dirt will probably kill me. :rotfl: Sunday I should be free though.

@Brovo I expected as much when I maid the trait.

Just a forewarning about my posting time for the next week; I'm starting a new job and am probably going to be busy from sun up to sun down, so if I don't post this weekend it will likely extend into the next.

Reactions: Brovo
@Brovo I expected as much when I maid the trait.

Just a forewarning about my posting time for the next week; I'm starting a new job and am probably going to be busy from sun up to sun down, so if I don't post this weekend it will likely extend into the next.
That's fine. Character approved!

Weekend is here, now to get to work... :ferret:

So, I noted my interest right at the start and now I got to say I'm completely stumped and unable to think of a character for this RP that I wanna play.
So now I'm gonna pull out of this and I hope all of you will have a ton of fun during the RP! *waves bye*

Bleh. Finally finished.

I see that, like the character in your signature, you are slow to build up... XP

Reactions: Jakers
@Zombehs approved! RP is now full!

IC Notes

Yes, you are part of Salamander Squad. Because Salamanders are awesome! Speaking of, you can find the IC over here! There is also a link to it on the main OOC post from now on! Yay!

You can request in the IC for a specific NPC to come with you. (Katrina, Zeetch, Marietta.) This will influence which group they'll end up picking to accompany, as NPC's generally appreciate feeling needed and welcome within a group. :ferret: Marcus is not available at this time as he will be coordinating the outpost should it come under attack. You can know any of these NPC's, and it's likely that you've met at least one of them before due to how small the human population is. Take advantage of that if you need help writing a post.

Describe IC which area your character wants to search in: Upper decks, middle decks, or lower decks. If there's too few in any of these areas, Marcus will arbitrarily decide and move people around. There will be one NPC per group, and if none of them are requested, they'll simply assign themselves. You should also mention in the OOC which search area you want your character assigned to, so I can update the OOC lists below for others to reference for themselves.

Next GM post will move the group from the military outpost to the ship and divide them into their respective search teams, at which point, you're on your own... :ferret:

OOC Notes

Below, you will find the tutorial. The tutorial explains the action log, which will come into play following the first round's decisions about who is going where.

These are mostly key terms so you can understand the Action Log. The Action Log is recorded every post and details what the GM perceives the actions in your post to be, summarized succinctly. Keep in mind that teamwork is encouraged. Non-risky options increase your survivability, but also increase the odds that you will fail side objectives and/or increase the odds someone else will be hit instead of you.

In essence: Working together = good. Strategies = good. Rambo = Live free, die very badly.

Rounds: # specifies which posting round the RP is in. This will generally have no use to you unless you have timed abilities. (As a rule of thumb, 15 seconds is the length of the average combat round. Standard laser rifles and the like can fire once and recharge in that time frame. Non-combat rounds have no time rules.)

Ranged Attack Modifiers
  • Unless otherwise specified or described, ranged attacks with no modifiers are considered snap shots: No bonuses, no negatives.
  • Aimed: Bonuses to chance to hit and critical hit chance, negatives to dodge and perception chances. Check your corners...
  • Reaction Fire: Your character is protecting someone and hasn't fired that turn, resulting in a free shot during the GM round that can intercept enemies before they can harm friends. Especially low rolls or evasive enemies make this harder to hit.
  • Firing on the Move: Lowers the chance to hit, slightly increases odds of evasion.
  • Firing Blindly: You're firing from cover without looking. High negatives to hit, high bonuses to not being hit. As a note: Cover in general increases your odds of survival.

Melee Attack Modifiers
  • Unless otherwise specified or described, melee attacks with no modifiers are considered standard strikes: No bonuses, no negatives, character will interrupt their own attack with a defensive measure if they believe their attack would get them killed. Note if: No guarantees they won't miss something!
  • Defensive: Character is fighting defensively, increases odds of resisting or evading blows, decreases odds of hitting targets effectively.
  • Aggressive: Character is fighting offensively, increases odds of hitting targets effectively and critical hit chance, decreases odds of dodging or blocking attacks.
  • Berserk: Character has decided to abandon all defensive measures to mercilessly destroy a thing. Bonus resistance to pain, massively lowered defense stats, massively increased offense stats.
  • Bodyguard: Character is physically protecting someone else. Behaves akin to Reaction Fire, except with a shield (if available) and melee weapon to prevent harm to their friends.
  • Charge: Character is rapidly advancing towards a target, sacrificing some defense for increased evasion and the chance to knock a target down if they connect.

NPC Modifiers
  • Behaviours: These specify why an NPC is doing the thing it's doing.
    • Independent: NPC is behaving of their own initiative, which dependent on personality, may or may not be helpful for you.
    • Under Orders: NPC is doing as told. Note that if an NPC doesn't like you or believes your orders are senseless suicide, they'll likely disobey you.
    • Panicking: NPC is panicking and isn't useful to you. They might listen to people who tell them which direction to flee in, or where to duck and hide. You'll likely need to console them to bring them back to their wits. This can apply to enemies as well, which allows you to force them to surrender.

End!

Round 1: Non-Combat.

[Decision: Lower Decks, Upper Decks, Middle-Deck.]
Lower Deck Team (Retrieval Squad):
  1. Slot 1
  2. Slot 2
  3. Slot 3
  4. Slot 4
Upper Deck Team (Rescue Squad):
  1. Slot 1
  2. Slot 2
  3. Slot 3
  4. Slot 4
Middle-Deck Team (Rescue Squad):
  1. Slot 1
  2. Slot 2
  3. Slot 3
  4. Slot 4

The next GM post will arrive May 17th, Sunday. You can collab-post with me if you want to ask the NPC's a quick question. If you want some questions answered by NPC's, just PM me the questions and I'll reply from the perspective of the NPC, which you can add to your post.

Last edited:
Blood for the Blood God!

I mean Oil for the Machine God! Nuts for the Bolt Throne!!!!

Kiera will want to go after the server as well. I'm down with bringing Marietta with us, but we definitely ought to also bring a player character medic and a couple warriors to round out the team.

Kholar will want to head to the Server as that's where he'll most likely see action.

April for middle-deck.

NPC wise, erm, I'll hold off on deciding for now. Would rather wait and see what everyone else thinks.

Kain middle deck.

As far as NPCs go i'd also rather wait, just to see what our roster fills out to look like.

Also, for anyone else who goes middle deck (or anywhere actually), if you want to have our characters know each other already I'm down. As an aside Kain does view other warriors more highly, at least when going out into the unknown is concerned.

Varsel will probably head top deck, and may ask Veetch to come with him (mostly due to the fact Edgia may need healing if on the top deck, if Derringer is found to be alive then the chances are he'll need medical attention), unless the dangerous lower deck is in need of medical support. Post under construction.

Lower deck will definitely need medical support, but that could be fulfilled by a Caretaker-Medic player character coming along. I think I'll hold off on NPC requisitioning for now, because player character group choices will be an important factor.

RP is now full!

Dang it, too slow on the draw again!

Doesn't help that I have three different character concepts that keep vying to be the first one up. Ah well, better luck later on I guess. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.