Angel Hunt (DarknessxKurai RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fluttering of his wings ceased as she came to sit back down. Taking a moment to let his eyes wander again, he tried to think of just where exactly they could go. Pursing his lips together, he had somewhat of an idea. "I believe there's a town nearby... I've enough money on me to get us a few things, maybe some food or anything else we may need." Kurai tilted his head a bit, looking through one of the shattered windows. "We'd just need a way to hide our identities.."

She nodded at his idea of going to the town, but now they have to find a way to hide their identities. "Well, I just normally try not to draw to much attention to my self. Like, I keep my hood up and try to stay away from as many people as possible. Oh, and of course keep my wings retracted...," she paused, "but so far I haven't had to be around many people." Since the announcement was too long ago, she hasn't needed to go out to the store or anything. So far, she's been able to stay in the shadows and refrain from human interaction.

He kept a gaze on Vanessa as she spoke, nodding after having heard her methods to stay hidden. "I see," he spoke quietly. He unwrapped a scarf from around his arm, rewrapping it across his neck and the bottom of his face. He adjusted his robe to hide his wings, without irritating the retracted limbs any further. "So I suppose our best bet is too just avoid the humans, except of course, the shopkeepers."

"Yeah, basically," she agreed and also adjusted herself. Making sure her wings we're perfectly hid and her jacket was wrinkle free. She stood up and walked over the door, peeking outside. "It's not quite morning yet, but will be shortly. Any idea when we should leave?" she asked.

Shifting his gaze away from the window, he walked over to her. "Maybe after morning breaks then," he suggested. "Not many humans move around in the shopping centers during the morning hours." He adjusted his scarf slightly as it began to come loose.

She nodded in agreement and sat back down. Why did this have to happen? Everything was just fine..., Vanessa thought.

Seeming deep in thought, Kurai tried to leave her be for the time being. He needed to get his bearings straight before they headed off into human territory.

After a few minutes she spoke up, "What should we do, you know, if something goes wrong. Shouldn't we have some sort of plan? Who knows what might happen if someone finds out about us..."

"Fly away..." he whispered. "If someone finds us out, we fly back here immediately so that we don't give people the chance to respond." Kurai shuddered as he said this, remembering something that he truly didn't want to remember. Setting his gaze out the window, he saw that the sun was beginning to rise, slowly.

"Alright," she followed his gaze to the window, "is that our cue to leave?" She didn't want to leave, but the smarter part of her new they had to. Otherwise, they would die of starvation and dehydration before the humans could ever find them.

He nodded, giving her some of the money. "It'll go quicker if we split up.." he stated. "You can get food and I can get any small supplies we'll need." Sensing the potential dangers ahead, he hesitated before they stepped out.

She looked at the money now in her hands then back at him, "Anything particular I should get? Um... I'll get water and maybe some fruit bars and..." she rambled on more to herself then him. Trying to get her thoughts organized and focus on this particular task.

"Get anything you can," he replied with a smile. Looking onto the nearing town, Kurai glanced back toward Vanessa, looking down slightly. "And.. be careful."

She smiled back, "I will, same goes for you. I don't need anything bad happening to you, ok?"

"Alright." Kurai nodded, a bit grateful for the concern she seemed to have. "We can meet back here in an hour..?" He needed to confirm it, not sure how long this errand would take.

"Yeah, an hour," she agreed. She was was nervous about what could happen at the store. One wrong move and it could all be over, for both of them.

Nodding to her, he took a step forward, looking back one more time. "Good luck.." he said with a smile before heading off and pursuing his task. Looking back once more, he'd seen that she'd already begun to go her way. Kurai's wings fluttered a bit in concern, shifting his scarf slightly.

Not wanting to waist a single moments, she went on her way. How difficult could it be, she's only getting some food, people do it all the time. All she had to do was act like a normal human being, but the longer she though about it, the more stressed out she got. Her pace increased in the direction of the store, wanting to hurry up and get this over with.

Arriving to a small shop in the center of town, Kurai quickly pushed into the shop. Shifting through the aisles of the shop, he kept a fierce gaze on any human that was close to him. On this escapade, he was sure to grab matches, oil lamps, sleeping bags, a compass, and a tent. Feeling like he had everything, he paid and rushed out, hoping that nothing happened to Vanessa.

Soon arriving at the store, she avoided all eye contact with the humans. She didn't know exactly what Kurai would wants, so she just started grabbing food including an assortment of fruit bars and other easy treats that didn't require much effort or supplies to make. Also, she made sure to grab plenty of water. As she approached the cash registered, she didn't say anything, just handing the cashier the products and had her money out ready to pay. She glanced at the man scanning her products and he was giving her a weird look. Right as he bagged the last bit of food, she quickly handed him the money and took her bags, not wanting to stay in the store any longer. When she exited the door, Vanessa heard the man call after her, causing her to run back to their hide out.

Status
Not open for further replies.