And the world became silent....

Vera took a step forward closer to the house. She made her way inside, pushing the door open. When she walked in she could see everything as it was before she had died. It was the same, all the same. She walked over to a picture sitting on the table. It was of her mother, father, another girl and her. Vera turned the other way looking around at the other things in the room. It had looked like they had gotten up and left, they probably did when the zombies first came. Vera wondered what happened to her mother and sister yet she didn't care if her father had left or been attacked by the zombies. As she continued she could remember the terrifying days she spent at the house.

(Liam is about to leave from the spot. Just letting you know.)

Liam got up and looked around making sure nothing was behind him. And smiled at the emblem. "I promise, I will avenge your death." he said as he sniffled and turned around and started to walk but stopped and turner around and stared at the sky. "God...please tell me she's alright..." he said.

Vera looked down, thinking about it all. It was then she just couldn't stay in the house. She backed up and turned around to walk out of the house. She pulled the handle of the door and walked out of the house. She stepped down off the steps and onto the walkway. She walked away from the house and on the sidewalk. She turned back around to look at it again.

He stood their wondering what it might be to see her or kiss her or...feel her touch once more. His heart grew with more hatred. He knows she's gone but hatred built because he failed her. "Why...didn't you take me?" he asked as he turned and looked at the spot she burnt and died at and laid against a car and started to fiddle with the emblem.

Vera closed her eyes for a moment, she hoped that her mother and sister were somewhere okay. She opened her eyes again and began to walk away from the house slowly. Why did she even go there? What was she expecting? She had to get these thoughts out of her head, it wasn't good for her when she needed to be focused on her job.

He sat their and sighed and looked up and chuckled a bit and smiled a bit, remembering good memories.

She continued, unsure of where she was going. Her body just seemed to be walking by itself. She was looking down not paying any attention to where she was going. She began to think of the days her father would say he loved her. Yet he had a strange way of showing it. Her life was fulled of pain, yet there was something still bothering her about the words that Liam had said.

He smiled and than laughed at way she use to call him. She use to love the words he use to say to her, all the poems and stuff. Sometimes he smiled and then...teared up and felt like shit.

Vera continued to ponder the thoughts in her mind yet she couldn't even tell what kind of thoughts they were. She just wondered on, not paying any attention to where she was going. "Where am I walking to?" She asked herself out loud. "What am I doing? I have a job to do. That is why I am here. You would not even be here if you did not have this job." She looked back up suddenly and noticed someone in the distance.

He shifted his body and got comfortable. He looked up and heard someone talking, he got up and looked around and saw no one till he turned around and saw someone walking down his way. It wasn't dead nor did it fire at him, he looked closely and saw who it was "Vera?" he said to himself. "What his she doing here?" he finished. He stood their in her plain of sight with them emblem hanging from his hand. It swayed and shinned in the light as it was hit, some of the glare hit her eyes as it shined bright. "What are you doing here?" he asked. It almost looked like the woman he once knew and loved. The way she walked, and everything. That's why he kissed her earlier, but it didn't seem like it.

"What am I doing here?" She repeated as she walked closer. "I was visiting my home when I was alive. Is that a problem." She said to answer him. "Although I don't quite get why I did." She looked back in the direction of the house, it seemed that she was actually shaking for a moment. Yet when she turned back to face him she felt calmer. "Now I could ask the same question to you?"

He looked behind him and pointed at the spot she died at "This...this is where the woman I loved died at...where the made me watch was over their. See the blood stains all over the wall and ground over their? That's where they beat me to a bloody pulp. They made her watch first and then...they made me watch.." he said as his fists start to clinch and then shake. The emblem in his hand started to jingle. He looked at her and gave a small smile but left his face after a moment passed. He turned with his back facing her. "Thus I return to the woman I love. Her smile shines through the darkness. Her eyes light up my day. Her skin soft like cotton but peach of the sand. Her lips like soft grain but moist like the rain. The woman I love holds dear to me..." he said. That use to be one of her favorite poems he's ever written for her. It made her tear up the day she read it.

For a moment those words felt familiar to her but how could they be. She has never meant him before yet why did they seem so familiar. The truth was that Vera was forgetting most of her past, she could realize that. Things were becoming hazy to her, she figured that was just the way it was for her. Even the area seemed familiar to her. A butterfly started to fly towards Vera.She held out her hand and it landed gracefully on her finger. "From what I know about heaven I am sure she is watching over you." She said to him and put the butterfly on his shoulder, it stayed there.

He looked at the butterfly and smiled "Yeah...if you say so." he said. That use to get on her nerves when he said that. He always said that a lot. Sometimes he'd say it to get under her skin. He rubbed his head where she threw a shoe as t his head. He chuckled.

Suddenly the butterfly flew away. "Don't say that. Why does everyone have to use that saying." She began to ramble on to him. "I don't like that saying." She then said. She could remember always hating it even when she was alive.

He chuckled "One day, she was saying something to me and I was changing from taking a shower and all I said was 'If you say so.' and she just threw a shoe at my head and pouted haha. It was cute. I'd say just to tease her." he smiled.

"I can understand that, it's annoying. I would have thrown a shoe at you too." Vera said as she crossed her arms and made a sigh. "If people insist on saying such a sentence they should be ready for something bad to happen to them."

He chuckled and looked at her and tilted his head when she say her "She always did that when I say that. She use to say "Really, Liam? I should kick your ass." and I would just chuckle and say "Oh really? If you say so, babe." he said to her.

"I agree with her." Vera continued. She shook her head at him and made another sigh. She looked at him again. Suddenly she realized he had said it again. "You said it again! Stop saying it!" She raised her voice a bit not realizing her emotions were starting to show. They have not shown to people in a while. She was always the one who was seen as self-controlled without much emotion.

He laughed "That's exactly how she would do it. Hahaha!" he said as he looked "Ok ok, I'll stop..if you say so." he said under his breath and smirked, kicking his feet back in forth with his hands behind his back. He always did that when he was up to something. She always found it sexy when he did. He just smiled.