And So It Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastian and Gideon had finished their fourth bottle of wine, laughing as they both told stories to each other. "And then I said; If you can't stand my fashion, you can't have my money!" Sebastian laughed at the ending of Gideon's story, his mind spinning and his eyes narrowed. "You got her good, Gideon!" He felt his phone vibrate, opening the text and reading it. "Oh, it's Sayomi." Gideon grinned, his eyes wavering slightly. "Ooh. What is she saying?" Sebastian chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Your date is old enough to buy alcohol." Gideon clapped, nodding and putting is hands in a prayer stance. "Thank you, oh noble one. She will be perfect." Sebastian shook his head, thinking about what to type. "I wonder if she'll have fun at this ball. Sayomi, I mean. I don't want her to be embarrassed or think that I'm a snob." Gideon put the final touches on the suit, nodding his head and rolling his eyes. "If she thinks that, she's not the one, my boy. Once she sees you in this, she'll think you were a god sent from above." Sebastian rolled his eyes at the comment, typing on his phone quickly.

[11:00PM]They'll be meeting in the main hall just as you two enter. There, Gideon will accompany you both to the ballroom, where the waiters will bring you something to drink. That is when the game will begin.

He sighed, sending the message and leaning back in his chair. "Is it bad that this is one of the very important things in my life right now? Hell, you're more important to me than my own mother and father. I mean.. I love them very much, but I just can't see them in a better light right now." Gideon nodded, patting Sebastian on the shoulder. "You may want to rest soon, Seb. The ball will be a blast, but no one likes someone who looks like death." 'Seb' was a nickname that only Gideon called him, one that Sebastian hated, though he liked when Gideon called him that. Sebastian nodded, standing and hugging Gideon. "Pick a guest room, and try not to flirt with the maids. Alfred will help you get your things ready if you need a shower."

Sebastian spent the next half hour working out and taking a shower, his body sore from the long day. He laid down on his bed, his nerves getting the best of him.

[11:30PM]I will find you. And I shall win this game. Do you think you can follow?

Sayomi wasn't sure if the text made 100 percent of sense, but she was feeling the rum slightly. Lydia began to finish the dress, by putting everything together. She worked faster than most people could even think. She was a visionary, and Sayomi liked the whole simple but elegant type of thing. She didn't want the dress to take all the attention. She wanted to be a part of Sebastian's vision as beautiful. She picked up the bottle, drinking more, twirling and jumping like a ballerina. The only difference was that Sayomi knew what she was doing, compared to most girl's her age. Lydia and her began to tell stories of their childhoods, laughing profrucly. Sayomi ran downstairs, and searched the house over, before finally finding what she was looking for. By the time she returned, the dress was finished.

Sayomi dropped next to it, taking a handful of M&Ms and resting her head on the dress. "It's so amazing, Lydia. I'm in absolute love. It's perfect." She babbled on, laughing and eating her chocolate. "This.. this has got to wow him. It's so beautiful.. Do-do you believe in that whole love at first site thing?" She asked Lydia, who was no drinking from the bottle admiring her work. "I didn't believe in it. I thought it was always going to be that whole strong lust thing. But when I met Sebastian, there was something about him. He made my heart stop, still does. There is like this connection.. like our two souls have been searching for eachother, and finally found them. At least that's what I think." She said giggling as she thought of him.

"If he could hear you, he would either be terrified and run, or pick you up and kiss you here." "Oh god! And the feeling when his lips touch mine!" Lydia laughed loudly as she took the bowl from Sayomi and helped her up. "I think that's the cue for you to sleep!" She said taking her downstairs carefully. Lydia laid her in her bed, Sayomi rolling in the king size bed a little, as if searching, before calming down.

Sebastian awoke to the soft morning cold that he enjoyed so much; It signaled fall was arriving and summer was at an end. He groaned, stretching and looking over at the nightstand. Gideon had left him a note, two aspirins for his headache, and a glass of water. Sebastian smiled, laughing and taking the aspirin. It was seven in the morning, though his company calls and appointments weren't until eight. He pulled himself out of bed, throwing on his best suit and spraying his favorite cologne. He had ordered a new cologne the night before, one that was said to be an aphrodisiac to some. He put the new cologne on his dresser, preparing to wear it at the ball. He gathered his cell phone, dialing his companies number and entering the inn. He set up his computer to do a video conference, smiling and reassuring himself. "Kelly, yes.. This is Mr. Black. I'd like you to get the men to the boardroom and have them do the video conference early." He hung up, opening the call.

A board member named Jack greeted him, sitting down with eight other men, who seemed prepared for the early conference. "Hello, Mr. Black. Regarding the company numbers, I'd say we're doing good. The media would like to do a photo shoot this evening in Seattle for promotion sales, and I assured her we'd get you there." Sebastian shook his head, his eyes narrowing. "Unacceptable. I cannot make the photo shoot tonight." Jack's eyes looked to the other members, shaking his head. "You don't understand. Due to your young age, I think it'd be best for us to help you." Sebastian pounded his hands on the desk pointing a finger at the camera. "You listen here, Jack. I have sole authority over this company. I paid for it, and I sure as hell will do as I please. As far as I'm concerned, I act a hell of a lot better and more mature than you. Schedule the appointment for two weeks from now. You're lucky that I haven't fired you yet, Jack. This company is already successful, and you'd be a fool to get fired from this corporation." Jack sat down, nodding his head and stuttering. "Y-Yes, Mr. Black. I'll schedule it for two weeks from now. Anything else?" "No, that's it Jack. Call me tomorrow with the advisory commissions input." Jack nodded, shutting off the camera. Sebastian muttered to himself, noticing Gideon walk in. "Hey, Gideon. How'd you sleep?"

Gideon chuckled, rubbing a hand on his neck as he slouched in a chair opposite of the desk. "You sound just like your father when in a meeting. What'd the guy do?" Sebastian rolled his eyes, shrugging. "He claims because I'm young I should be guided. I've done six years of research on company policies and businesses. I know how to do it." Gideon nodded, handing him a card that described his hair appointment. "Get going, my boy." Sebastian nodded, gathering his things and texting Sayomi before walking out the door of the den.

[8:00AM]I will always find you, dear. Be ready for my surprise.

Sebastian turned, looking at Gideon with a grin. "Will you stay another couple nights with me, Gideon? I'm lonely here, and dad and mom won't be back for weeks." Gideon nodded, patting him on the back. "Sure. I love it more than my house."

Sayomi was awoken by Lydia jumping on her and yelling "Wake up, lazy ass! It's 8:30 we have to go get our hair done! Come on!" Sayomi groaned loudly, attempting to roll away, only to be sit on. "Lydia! You're fat! Get off of me!" "Not until you get up!" Sayomi shot up, throwing Lydia off of her with a laugh. "I'm up! I need coffee and asprin." She said groggely as she got out of bed. She wasn't like most girls. She didn't care about hair appointments or nails. As long she could keep them maintained and presentable easily with the opportunity to make it something more if needed she was content.

Picking up her phone, Sayomi walked down the stairs, smelling the coffee already brewed. She exhaled happily as she entthe kitchen, pouring herself a cup of coffee. She was a mess, with her hair everywhere. She looked down at her phone, a surprise? She wondered what he could possibly have planned.

[8:38AM]A surprise? What is this surprise?

"Sayomi! Get ready! We have to be there at 9:30!" She sighed and sent the texting, excited to see Sebastian again. She was able to forget about the amount of people just for the fact that he would be there. He made her feel like the only girl in the room when they were together.

Sayomi grabbed her coffee, adding sugar and creamer into the cup then walked up the stairs to her room. She changed into a loose sweater and skinnyjeans. She threw her hair into a pony hair,and searched for Lydia, finding her sitting out in the car. Sayomi ran out, looking at her. "Seriously miss impatient! Calm yourself!" She said with a laugh as she got in and started her car, heading to the hair salon.

Sebastian arrived at his hair appointment, deliberately not answering Sayomi's text. Suspense was key. He called Alfred, arranging for him to drop off a diamond key necklace, one that flashed white gold in the sun. In the middle was an opal that reflected every color known to man. The card attached read: 'A beautiful gift to a beautiful girl. Wear this tonight.'

His appointment was two cities away, though the salon was the best one to go to. He sat down in the chair, asking the hairdresser for his usual trim and asking about red streaks. He was told it would last for a while and could be maintained. Sebastian chose this option, getting bright red chunks and streaks of red in his hair. He smiled, thanking the hairdresser and paying. He decided to call Gideon for lunch, who met him at the bistro across the street from the salon. Gideon smiled and whistled as he saw Sebastian, his eyes looking all over. "Nice, Seb. Will this come out? Sebastian nodded, grinning. "I wanted something special for tonight."

Last edited by a moderator:
As they arrived, Sayomi got out nervous for what was to come. She hoped that her idea moved well from her mind to her hair. The two walked inside, each going to a different stylist. She could hear Lydia rambling off to the her dressed on what all she wanted. Sayomi described the simplicity. She the hair dresser smiled as she began to lighten the tips of her hair, and some random strips. "I have a temporary black that will wash out with 2-3 washes depending on your hair. It's activated by soap, so little should drip out if you sweat. The blue and white will of corse would last for about 4-5 weeks depending on how much you wash your hair." Sayomi nodding. She liked the idea of black and blue, but didn't want the black permanent. This wasn't the first time she had a semi-permanent color in her hair.

She looked over at the Lydia who babbled away to a seemingly uninterested stylist. She was getting a purple tint to her already black hair, simple for her, except the amount of hair that girl had was only something that a Wookie could combate. "So what are you two getting all done up for, hun? You're friend seemed was very demanding on the phone that we fit you in this morning." Sayomi laughed as she heard that.

"I apologize for her. I needed in this morning, before she knew that she needed to, so how she knew to book to chairs, I am not sure. But we are going to the masquerade ball. I'm accompanying my.. boyfriend.. and she will be accompanying his godfather." The word boyfriend felt weird on her tongue. She hadn't used it pertaining to her, but Sayomi greatly enjoyed it. The women rose her eyebrows as she looked at Sayomi. "That is very impressive! I'm very jealous." The women said as she moved Sayomi and rinsed the bleach out if her hair, leaving behind white. She put in the blue, letting it sit for a few minutes before putting in the temporary black. "Just a bit longer." She said as she walked over to the other stylist, who started grinning ear to ear, instantly taking an interest in Lydia's talking. She figured the two were expecting a large tip, thinking that she was richer than she was.

The women washed the dye out then blew dry her hair and styled it. It was perfect. The blue was in exactly as she wanted, reminding her the way of ink in an old book. Sayomi took out the money needed to pay the two, the women frowning slightly, until sayomi pulled out the same amount in tips for each women. She figured she would play on their mental images of them, just in case they later found out that she was actually Sebastian's girlfriend, hoping to keep them from trying to saying horrible about her and Lydia to look good.

The two left the hair salon, Lydia petting her hair "Your hair looks amazing Sayomi! Absolutely amazing. If he can find you right away, then you need to marry him on the spot." Sayomi blushed and laughed as she said that. "Let's go get your dress, Lydia then get home." Lydia screamed and they got back in the car driving away to Lydia's shop.

Sebastian and Gideon arrived at the house, their stomach's full from the meal. Sebastian couldn't help but keep looking at himself in the mirror; The color made him seem older, though he wasn't sure he looked like himself. "Gideon.. I'm not sure about this color." Gideon groaned, taking his attention away from his book and yelling across the room. "There's no way in hell I'm driving all the way out there again. Besides.. The hairdresser said it'd fade, and the only thing left in it's place is the white. You can easily dye your hair black again, or just wait and then cut it." Sebastian scowled, stomping his foot slightly. "I don't want to die my hair. Are you sure I look like myself?" Gideon nodded, though Sebastian couldn't see the nod. "You look wonderful, my boy. Help me trim my beard and we can put on a new face mask I ordered online. They say this is the ultimate thing to make your skin soft and delicious." Sebastian snickered, laughing at the name. "Delicious, huh?" Gideon shrugged, grabbing his things and heading to the master bathroom. "That's what it said on the site. If I don't look as delicious as a vanilla ice cream cone then I want my money back." Sebastian shook his head, texting Sayomi before heading into the bathroom.

[12PM]Let me know if you enjoy the surprise, love. I picked it out especially for you.

He smiled at the text, tossing his phone on the table and entering the bathroom. "So.. I think Cassidy will be at the ball, Gideon. You know the trouble she caused me last time." Gideon rolled his eyes, trimming his beard quietly. "Just ignore her. Dump her on her ass again."

Lydia shuffled through dresses, trying to decide which one to wear. Sayomi laid on the floor, her face in the carpet as she groaned. Her hair fanned around her like she was in the water. "Lydia, pick a dress. You have pulled out five already! Just choose from them! They called to you for a reason!" She complained into the carpet. Lydia huffed as she looked between them, and finally decided on one. It was a bright yellow. Lydia liked to mix colors that usually wouldn't be mixed. She had a way to make them all flow together some how. It was a mermaid style dress, much different than Sayomi's. It showed how extremely petite she was. Sayomi was jealous of how small she was. She wished that she could be that small. She liked her seemingly perfect hourglass shape, but with how small most girls were, she felt like she was too large. "Okay! I think I have it!" Sayomi stood up, trying to control her crazy hair. She pulled out her phone, seeing that she had a text from Sebastian, but decided to wait to read it until they returned home. She dialed the number to a place that delivered sushi, and placed an order, hoping it would be there shortly afters they arrived. They went out to the car, and drove back to her house. Sayomi noticed a car there, waiting. "Alfred?"

Sayomi pulled up and stopped the car, confused. She got out of the car, and went up to Alfred. He handed her a small box, then got in the car and left, not saying anything. Sayomi read the card, smiling at it. Sebastian never ceased to stop from making her smile. All it took was the card to make all the anxiety she had for that night melt away. Slowly, Sayomi opened the box, her jaw dropping. She covered her mouth as she stood there, staring at the absolutely amazing necklace. She couldn't take her eyes off of it. Gingerly, she lifted the necklace out of its box. She couldn't believe that she was holding something this beautiful, or that he would have gotten something so brilliant for her. She sat down in the grass, holding it. She looked at the opal, amazing by the way it refracted every color. Carefully, she put it on, feeling it against her skin. She held the key in her hand as she stood up, walking inside.

Lydia looked at her confused, until Sayomi moved her hand. "Holy shit! Look at that!" She came close, admiring the necklace. Sayomi pulled out her phone, reading the text from Sebastian. He knew how to always surprise her, and how to make her feel like she was worth everything.

[1:10PM] It is absolutely gorgeous. I am at a loss of words to be honest. You are true amazing, boo. Is there a reason for it being a key?

Sebastian had been watching a movie with Gideon before he felt his phone vibrate. He laughed at the message, quickly texting back.

[2:30PM]Keys can unlock many things, dear. Hearts.. Doors.. Vaults... In time, it will unlock something.

Gideon eyed Sebastian, nudging him with his elbow. "You look very happy, Seb. What happened?" Sebastian's face turned pink, looking towards the movie screen. "I bout her a opal key necklace." Gideon gasped, clapping his hands with happiness. "Oh! Don't tell me it's the one that we had saw in Paris that year!" Sebastian nodded, laughing. "Exactly that, Gideon. She loves it. It's one of a kind, too." Gideon whistled, shaking his head. "Do you love her?" Sebastian's eyebrows perked up at this question, his eyes narrowed. "I'm not sure what love is anymore, honestly. I love her as a person. I definitely do not love the things she has done. But I can learn to love her, in time." Gideon patted Sebastian on the back, laughing. "That's the best answer, Seb. As long as you know what is best for yourself."

After eating and talking for a bit, the two girls went upstairs to make sure that the dress fit Sayomi and to make any other alterations if needed. As Lydia tightened the corset part of the dress, Sayomi looked at herself. "Lydia... I-I don't know if I should go.." She said as she stared at the amazing dress, and the necklace. Even she thought she looked beautiful. "What!? Are you kidding me?!" Sayomi turned to look at Lydia, or hand on the necklace. "He is beyond words.. I know I worry a lot, and about everything. But this is putting aside that I'm not rich, or how I see myself. This comes down what he deserves. Lydia, I danced for peoples entertainment to feel wanted.. I'm not sure what he thinks, if he thinks I ever did anything with anyone, or things like that. But still.. what I did, is not something that a CEO to a company wants to try to hide about his girlfriend." Lydia went about fixing a few area's, letting Sayomi vent. "I really like him, Lydia.. But I don't want shame him. He can have anyone. He doesn't need me to make things more complicated." Lydia stopped messing with the tulle, looking at Sayomi.

"You are so beautiful, Sayomi. I think this is as much about you being scared as much as it is about you wanting what's best for him. You have spent so much of your young life alone. You're afraid of getting attached, only to be left alone, in the dark again. You haven't even talked about a guy since that stupid jock, Kyle, left you in a cabin because you would do anything with him." Lydia ran a hand through Sayomi's hair, trying to comfort her. "He didn't even have to ask you to quit before you did. You just did it. Sayomi, don't be afraid. Stop worrying, and just let things happen, or else you will sabotage the one thing you don't want to end." Sayomi stopped talking as she thought about what was said. Lydia was right. She was scared as much as wanting Sebastian to be happy. Lydia went to work fixing all the small things she wasn't happy with, letting the silence set in Sayomi pulled out her phone, touching the necklace.

[3:40PM] You are beyond words.

Sebastian eventually took a nap and awoke to Gideon, who was already in his suit. "Come on, Seb. You have to be there an hour and a half early for your award." Sebastain got dressed in his gorgeous suit and sprayed himself with his new cologne before fixing his hair in the mirror. He clipped his pocket watch to his suit, draping the watch into his pocket. He smiled, brushing his teeth three times before walking out of his room. He grabbed his things including his black and red suit coat, yelling for Gideon. "Gideon! Let's get going to the ball!"

Finally time got closer, and the two girls started to get ready. Sayomi started to paint her nails black and silver while Lydia did yellow and black. Sayomi started to get excited and the nerves kicked in. She hoped that he would like the dress. Once Sayomi finished she want back to the kitchen to get a little more food before they left. She didn't need to have her energy give out on her. She grabbed some fruit and vegetables, eating them at the table. "Women! It's time to do your make up!" Lydia yelled. Sayomi groaned as she stood up, heading back up the stairs.

Sebastian arrived at the ball, walking up the red carpet with Gideon and entering the main doors. His nerves where high, though he blew it off and grinned, waving. Paparazzi had already begun to snap pictures, yelling for Sebastian to wave. He waved slightly, accompanying Gideon into the main hall. Gideon leaned towards Sebastian, whispering in his ear. "You did tell Sayomi whom the ball was for, right? I mean, did you tell her the ball was held in your honor?" Sebastian shook his head, plastering a smile on his face. "Nope, not a word was mentioned to her." The mayor was in the main hall, beaming ear to ear and shaking Sebastian's hand. "Mr. Black! It's wonderful to see you! Please, follow me!" Sebastian followed him to the ballroom, where a golden pendant with diamond and rubies was placed around his neck. It was a very old and gorgeous piece of jewelry. The chairman of the foundation had kept this in the family for many generations. Dozens of pictures were taken of Sebastian, and he waved, looking at the time. Sayomi was due to arrive in ten to twenty minutes. As the receiver of the pendant, he was required to make an acceptance speech.

"Wow... What can I say!" He chuckled, looking around at the giant groups of people. "I'd like to thank my mother and father for giving me the perseverance and will to succeed and help others. Without them, I wouldn't be born!" A large laughter followed his joke, and Sebastian smiled. "When I was younger, I always wanted to give and help others due to my wealthy status. I couldn't stand to see people go without. That is when I approached my father with my idea, and I slowly invested enough money to donate a million dollars to the 'Ending Hunger Charity'. I would also like to thank my godfather and best friend Gideon, for always helping me and guiding me through my problems. And last but not least... I'd like to thank Sayomi, for showing me that there is indeed a diamond in the rough and made me find myself when I was lost."

The crowd clapped and whistled, taking pictures as they walked away. The mayor announced that the ball had begun, and Sebastian rushed to the bathroom, slipping on his unique mask and sighing. "Thank god that's over." He looked at his pocket watch, noting that Sayomi and Lydia had arrived and Gideon was most likely showing them to the great hall. He fixed his now red and black hair, taking a deep breath and walking into the ball room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gideon searched for Sayomi and Lydia, finally spotting them and walking up to them with a bow. "Hello, ladies. It's a pleasure." He grabbed Sayomi's hand first, kissing it quickly before taking Lydia's hand. He kissed hers slowly, grinning and slipping his black mask on. "Please, accompany me to the ballroom. You two both look divine, and already you two light up the room." He allowed them to wrap their arms around his, smiling as they left to the ballroom.

They arrived in seconds. The ballroom was white with gold tones, the chandelier massive and glowing a bright gold. Statues and a instrumental bad were playing a slow waltz, their music heavenly. The ballroom was giant; It looked like heaven on earth.

Sayomi and Lydia walked in, in shock and awe. Neither could believe that they were there. "Gideon. What a pleasure to meet you at last." Sayomi said laughing at Lydia's expression as he kissed her hand. "Oh, Sayomi. I like this one!" She said with a giggle as the two entered into the ballroom. Sayomi's jaw dropped as she pulled on her mask. It perfectly matched her hair and outfit, casting a shadow on her eyes, making them pop. She touched the key that rested on her chest as she looked around. "So, Gideon, how does it feel to have two amazingly beautiful women on your arms?" Lydia asked with a giggle as she looked at him.

"It will be just one I am afraid. I'm off to find Sebastian. Behave you two." Sayomi said as she took a step back, before stepping forward and pulling on Lydia's mask. "That's the point of the masquerade." She said with a laugh as she walked off, her shoes echoing softly. "That girl is so self consious. I hope that it doesn't show too much tonight. It will break her gorgeous and mysterious character."

Sayomi stuck to the back of the pack, looking over people. She knew he wouldn't blend in. So she was able to eliminate most of the people. She looked at hight and weight, and even the eye colors that she could see. There was only a handfull of people that she could see right then that fit the quick scope of her looking. Before she could approach any to get a closer look, Sayomi was approached by a younger gentleman that was too tall to be Sebastian. He asked her to dance, and she hesitantly accepted. He lead her to the dance floor and the two twirled in a dance. She looked around as she spun, able to eliminate more people. There was one person who fit the description very well, she looked at him as she went by. She was almost sure that it was Sebastian. She would need to look as soon as the dance wad over.

The man pulled her a little closer to him, "I guess I get that dance don't I?" He said softly to her. Sayomi looked at him, confused. "You know. Your boyfriend made some acceptance speech. You must have made an impact on him since you two met." Sayomi stopped the dancing, in the middle of the dance floor. She lifted his mask, and stepped back when she saw who it was. "Kyle.. What are you doing here?" The jock who constantly mocked her, and who left her in a cabin over a year ago because she wouldn't do anything with him. "You forget that my family has money. So how did you get Sebastian Black to mention you in his speech. You refused to do anything with me. Did dancing really loosen you that much?"

Sayomi's eyebrows rose as she looked at the man. "I don't know what speech you speak of. But I still hold onto the same card that I did when you left me in the cabin. Sebastian, he isn't a shallow ass like you are. I can't answer why he chose me. Maybe you can answer that. Since you tried. Now, I must find my date." She curtsied to him, then disappearing into the crowd. She was going to sneak behind the one she thought was Sebastian, and hopefully surprise him.

Sebastian had scanned the ballroom, finding who he thought was Sayomi dancing with a boy whom he only knew as Kyle. The two used to talk occasionally at meetings that they both would attend for their parents. Kyle wasn't a boy that had respect for women, and it disgusted him to think anyone could be attracted to that. He scrunched up his nose, feeling a touch on his shoulder. It was a woman who had attended the acceptance speech. She adored Sebastian's mask, asking if she could have a dance with him. Sebastian obliged, gracefully twirling her around the room. Something about dancing made him forget the troubles in his life. As the song ended, he bowed to her, looking around the room for Sayomi once more. He was certain that he had found her; the blue dress of hers gorgeous and elegant. He walked away, quickly camouflaging himself in with a crowd of men. The mayor shook his hand again, congratulating him on the award and waving.

A man whom Sebastian knew only as Charles was talking to the lady in the blue dress, telling her of the ball and who it was for. "Mr. Black gave one million dollars to end hunger and poverty. This is a ball held in his honor to award him with the pendant of Saint Clair, who started the war against hunger and poverty over a hundred years ago. Mr. Black mentioned someone named Sayomi in his acceptance speech, though I don't know who that is." Sebastian's eyes widened, his body frozen stiff. He found the strength to move, slowly making his way through the crowds of people. What came next made him stay still in his tracks.

It was Cassidy. She eyed Sebastian, grinning as she curtsied and walked up to him. "Hello, Sebastian. Long time no see." Sebastian looked around, nodding. "Yes, it is. May I help you?" Cassidy nodded, walking up to him and trailing a finger across his lips. "I could spot you anywhere. You're so... pronounced. I wanted to talk to you about us." Sebastian gently pushed her finger away, narrowing his eyes at her. "I'm afraid I cannot help you then, miss. Please, tell your parents I said hello." Cassidy scowled, throwing her long, blonde hair behind her shoulder. Her green eyes scanned Sebastian, looking for any sign of grief. "I heard you say a special thanks to a woman named Sayomi.. Hideous name, if you ask me." Sebastian growled, looking away. "Well, that's a shame because no one has nor will they ever ask you for your opinion. You have pushed my buttons far too long, Cassidy." Cassidy smiled, kissing his cheek and walking away. "I know."

Sebastian's eyes showed the anger, though he kept a smile and walked away, quickly finding the bar area and downing a glass of champagne. He had a high tolerance to alcohol, though he didn't want to drink anymore. He heard the announcer walk up to the stage, taking the microphone in his hands. "And now the guest of honor will have the first official dance. Mr. Black, please come to the dance floor. Sebastian walked to the dance floor, eyes looking around for Sayomi. He waited there, his eyes nervously looking at all the women surrounding. Cassidy took this opportunity, running into his arms and dancing with him. He let out a inward groan, rolling his eyes and stiffly dancing. He felt relief as the dance was over, realizing that Sayomi would surely find him now. He waited, a small smile on his lips.

That is when he noticed Cassidy walk up to a woman in a blue dress, whispering something to her.

"Back away from Sebastian. Your kind doesn't mix well with our kind."

And with that, Cassidy walked away.

When a second man confirmed that Sebastian had indeed mentioned Sayomi in his speech, she wondered why he kept that this whole ball was for him. Why hadn't he wanted her to know. Before Sayomi said anything to the man, she say the one in the red suit, that she had thought was Sebastian fled away. That was when she got her answer on it being him. Before she was able to step away from the man who talked to her, a girl approached Sebastian. She assumed that it was the ex that he had warned her about. She watched the two interact. The girl definitely wanted Sebastian, and wanted to ruin everything she could until he was worn down and took her back.

She turned and asked the man a few questions, trying to get as much information as she could. Sayomi was curious to everything, and was trying to find her own answer to why he would hide something like this from her. When the announcer called Sebastian forward, Sayomi excused herself, smiling. Until she saw that the ex, Cassidy, ran forward and made him dance the first dance with her. Sayomi curtsied to the man, Charles. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Charles. I, I am Sayomi.." He looked to the dance floor then to her confused by the site on the floor. She turned and started to walk away. She didn't get far before she was grabbed by her arm. It was Lydia. "You can't leave!"

Sayomi looked at Lydia, then at the floor. "I knew that she would do this. But I guess it's a slap to the face when you see your boyfriend dancing the first dance with someone else." Sayomi sighed, not looking at the dance floor anymore. She didn't care to see the dance. "Don't let some gold digging tramp get in your way Sai. You know that you want him. So keep him. Don't let her pathetic ass win!" Sayomi sighed, and took Lydia's drink from her and drank it. A lemon drop. Her favorite. She started back to the dance floor, stopping as she say the women approaching her, then told her to leave Sebastian alone. "Guess it's a good thing that I don't listen well." She took a deep breath and walked to edge of the crowd of people. She paused for a moment, looking at Sebastian.

Finally, she walked up to him, she walked gracefully in the heels, no hesitation, with her head and shoulders held high. "I never got the chance to see if I was right. But I was. Why didn't you tell me that this was all for you, Sebastian?"

As the girl that stole the first dance walked by Lydia, she grabbed the wine from Gideon's hand, pouring it down the girls' dress, inside and out. "Oops. I'm so sorry, miss. But don't fret, it was a very unflattering dress, much like your personality." She left it as that, taking Gideon's hand, leading him to the dance floor.

Sebastian snickered as the wine was poured down Cassidy's dress by Lydia. "She had that coming." Gideon kissed Lydia on the cheek, his eyes narrowed in passion. "I like you already." Sebastian's attention came back to reality as Sayomi walked up, a hit of anger in the air. Sebastian held his hands up, looking around the room. "If I were to tell you this was all for me, you would've declined coming with me, because everyone would see you with me and run their mouths. You would've been upset and self conscious and probably try to walk away like before. I wasn't wanting that." He grabbed her hand, looking at the necklace that sat just above her breasts. "I've been trying to show you that money doesn't matter, Sayomi. I can't help but know that you feel we shouldn't be together, based solely because of my status. And you're wrong on everything. I like you for yourself. It doesn't bother me that you danced. Sure, I didn't like the idea, but you showed me you cared by stopping it. If I didn't want you, I wouldn't have invited you to this ball, and I sure as hell wouldn't have made this damn mask for nothing." Gideon walked over to them with Lydia, whispering something in his ear before leaving again.

Sebastian pulled Sayomi onto the dance floor, watching her body move in the dress. He sighed, breathing in her scent and taking in her beauty. "That key does have a purpose, dear. Someday soon I'd hope you'd open the vault and see what is inside." He glided her across the dance floor, running his lips across her cheek and holding her close. The waltz was perfect for this type of affection, mainly due to the fact that the waltz was a slow yet steady dance. Sebastian ran a finger across her face, his eyes showing passion and desire. "I swore to myself that I'm content with loneliness. Until I met you." He kissed her, letting her go to slowly clap as the end of the song came on. "I apologize for Cassidy. I'm guessing what she said is what she has said before. But unfortunately she will be going home due to her dress being ruined." He chuckled, walking over to the dining hall and seating Sayomi. "Let's eat. I'm starving for food and your affection."

Sayomi pulled Sebastian next to her, resting her head on his shoulder, holding onto his arm. "Sebastian, I would have come if you told me. I would have been self consious, I always am, but I would still come. For me to be a part of your life in all aspects, then I just have to overcome that" She kissed his neck softly before looking at him, holding his hand. "It also means that you can't try and hide things from me, love." Sayomi pulled him to her, kissing him with a small fraction of the desire and passion that she held for him. "I think it's more daunting to come expecting minimal attention, only for everyone to be attempting to hunt you down because the infamous, Sebastian Black, mentioned you in his speech." Sayomi said with a laugh as she put her head on his shoulder again.

It hurt her that he thought she would have refused to go had she originally known that this whole ball was for him. She would have been slightly more self consious, but wouldn't have denied him. She probably would have asked him if he was sure about wanting to take her, for everyone to see her, but they would all see her now, and know that she was the Sayomi that he mentioned. The only ones that may be confused was the ones who didn't know his ex, and automatically assumed that she was Sayomi because of dancing the first dance with him.

"All that Cassidy said to me was to step away from you. That.. my kind didn't mix well with your kind.."

Sebastian laughed, ordering his meal and grinning. "I'm not infamous, Sayomi. I just have a lot of admirers." He took a sip of orange juice, ordering a steak with Alfredo and running a hand through his hair. His fingers trailed down to the necklace he had received. "People think I'm so great... But I'm honestly not. I'm just like anyone else." He cut a piece of steak, taking a bite and smiling over at Sayomi. "This is my kind of dancing. Being here again brings back old memories."

Sayomi ordered just fettuccine Alfredo, she liked simple foods most of the time. When it came, she smiled. She hadn't eaten pasta in so long, trying to stay away from the carbs. "People can think your great, and think your just like everyone else. Greatness has nothing to do with your status, it has to do with your actions. There are great people through history that had no status. No money to their name." Sayomi took a bite of her pasta, smiling. It was amazing. She forgot how much she loved pasta. "When was the last time you were here?" She wanted to know more about Sebastian, feeling like she didn't know a lot about his past.

Status
Not open for further replies.