And So It Begins...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastian took another bite, looking across the table to Sayomi. The candle light made the red in his hair shine, and he grinned. "Oh, I've came to this town many times. The last time was a year ago for Christmas. It's tradition for Gideon to be included in the holidays. Besides, my grandfather lives in town." He smiled, looking down at his watch. "I wish my father would have attended this event. My grandfather never liked to do these things; He lives a simple life in a simple home. I wish I could too, someday. But I actually like having lavish things. Is that bad?"

Sayomi laughed softly, looking at Sebastian. "You can whatever you want, darling. There is always a balance for everything. You just have to look for it." She looked at him, a soft smile on her face. Written on her face was a look she had never had before. It was complete happiness. She was happy where she was, and who she was with. Sebastian made her forget all of her problems for that moment. Sayomi watched him, taking in exactly how he looked. She had stopped eating a bit ago, leaving a few bites on the plate, as was her way."Just as you hope to meet my father, I hope that one day, I may meet your family." She said, finally breaking her stare, realizing how creepy it probably looked. She stood up, making sure her dress was situated properly and looked at Sebastian. "Care to dance some more, my prince?"

Sebastian rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand, looking down at his plate. "Uh... I mean, my parents are cool, but I don't know if they plan on coming back soon. I hope so... But I'm not sure they will." He put his napkin on his plate, standing and grabbing her hand. "Sure, let's dance. He led her back to the ballroom, twirling her around the dance floor. He caught Gideon slowly dancing with Lydia. He winked at Sebastian, waving as they danced by. Sebastian chuckled, looking down at his hands. "I'm glad Gideon is having fun. I asked for him to stay with me for a while. I missed him being around me. He's been there for me since I was born; I'm not sure how I can repay him for everything he's done."

Sayomi watched as Lydia and Gideon danced by. They both looked content and happy as they danced slowly. She took a deep breath as she looked at Sebastian. "I think you're already starting to help. Sometimes, finding the right person makes a person so happy, that nothing in the past matters anymore. Because there is no longer a need to go back." She looked down at where her feet would have been, but was hidden by her dress. "I-I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable... We don't have to dance." She said softly. After she mentioned his parents, and then asked Sebastian to dance, she felt like she had said something wrong.

Sebastian stopped, looking down at Sayomi with a curious look. "No... Don't take it the wrong way. It's just that my parents are very.. High strung. It's understandable. My mother is more thoughtful and understanding than my father." He got a call in his pocket, answering it softly. "H-Hello?" His eyes went wide, his mouth open and his cheeks turning pink. "Mom- MOM slow down. What happened?" He looked at the clock. It was past midnight, signaling that today was technically his birthday. "Did they say what's caused it? Oh no... Okay. I'll be there soon." He looked to her, pain hidden in his eyes. "My... My father had a heart attack and is in critical condition. They say there may not be anything they can do for him... Do you want to come with me, or do you want to go home? I don't care either way." He motioned for Gideon, who quickly made his way through the crowd with Lydia on his arm. "Seb... What's wrong?" Sebastian ran a hand through his hair, his eyes darting from Sayomi to Gideon. "Dad had a heart attack and he may not make it." Gideon nodded, looking to Lydia. "This boy is my family, dear. I have to go with him. I'm sorry our time was cut so short." He kissed her hand, walking over to Sebastian. "I can get to my car. I parked down the road, but with the paparazzi and all the people you'll never get your car out of the valet in time." Sebastian nodded, looking over at Sayomi. "Tell me what you'd like to do first. I can't leave knowing I just left you here."

Sayomi's face fell when she heard when he said. She felt horrible, like she jinxed everything. Sebastian asked if she wanted to go with him, and she felt like she was going to be intruding, but she wanted to be there for him though. "Even if we go to Gideon's car, there is still too many paparazzi. It will take forever to push through." She looked over Gideon for a moment, then Sebastian. "You two change outfits. Then me and Sebastian will slip out the back while Gideon distracts the mob." She turned to Sebastian, and kissed his cheek. "I'm coming with you." She looked over at Lydia, who knew what she needed to do. "Once we get to Gideon's car, we will call you. Unmask, show you aren't Sebastian, and run for it. It's going to be the quickest way through." Sayomi took Lydia's hand and thanked her for everything. "Please. Watch the computer. If my father calls, tell him what's going on and ask him to call my cell. I need you to feed my project. It's to be done at 9 this morning. I can't loose my scholarship.." the two hugged as they waited for the boys to get back. Sayomi hoped that if Sebastian didn't want her to go, that he would just tell her. She didn't want to be doing what he least wanted. She wanted as less strain on him as possible.

Sebastian nodded, grabbing Gideon and racing for the bathroom. They got dressed, Sebastian throwing his mask off and handing it to Gideon. Gideon put it on, nodding and handing Sebastian his keys. Sebastian grabbed Sayomi's hand, waving to Lydia and pulling Sayomi to the back door. "Be quiet, and don't say anything. There are bad people who lurk around here." He scooped her up, holding her in his arms. As they exited the building, Sebastian noticed a man walk up, his clothes tattered and his face dirty. Sebastian noticed a knife with in the man's hand, and Sebastian smiled. "Need some help, sir?" The man nodded, looking the two up and down. "Need some food. Hungry." Sebastian nodded, throwing twenty dollars to the guy and walking off. As they reached Gideon's car, he slipped Sayomi into the backseat, grabbing the keys out of his pocket and getting in the front seat. He saw Gideon at the front slip his mask off, revealing that he wasn't Sebastian. Sebastian pulled up, throwing the door open. Gideon slid in quickly, grinning over at Sayomi. He handed her Sebastian's mask, nodding. "You should keep it." Sebastian sped off, looking into the rear view mirror and smiling at Sayomi, though his eyes were showing sadness. "Everything will be fine." The drive to the hospital was a long ride, partly due to the fact that his father was admitted into a huge hospital over an hour away. The drive was quiet and neither Sebastian nor Gideon spoke. The tension was in the air.

Sebastian pulled into the parking lot, shutting the car off and handing the keys to Gideon. Gideon got out, helping Sayomi out of the car in the process. Sebastian quickly walked inside with both of them, wringing his hands in worry. His mother was waiting in the lobby.

Jennifer Black was curvy, though she had more muscle than what was expected of her. She had long, black hair that fell perfectly down her shoulders and green eyes that seemed to pierce someone from across the room. Her lips were full and tinged pink, her body language showing compassion and understanding. She smiled at Sebastian, gathering him into an embrace as a tear slid down her cheek. She smiled to Gideon and Sayomi, holding Sebastian back to look at him. "It seems I'll be here for your birthday after all, Sebby." Sebastian frowned at the nickname, kissing her cheek softly and hugging her again. "I missed you. How is he?" Jennifer shook her head, looking down at the ground. "He's not doing too good, dear. They want to keep him for quite a while. I'm afraid I'll be staying at Grandma's while he's here since she lives in this town. Sebastian nodded, looking over at Sayomi. "I'm going to go see him. I'll be back."

Gideon and Jennifer led Sayomi to the waiting area, each grabbing a cup of coffee. Gideon sighed, grabbing Jennifer's hand and frowning. "He'll be okay, Jenny. You know he's a strong guy." Jennifer nodded, a tear sliding out of her eye as she looked over at Sayomi. "Sebastian mentioned you to us they day he first went to school... H-His father already ordered the car for his birthday." She started to cry worse, holding her head in her hands and leaning into Gideon's embrace.

Sebastian took a seat at his father's bedside, looking at the paperwork on the table. "Dad? It's me." His dad rolled over grabbing his hand and squeezing it. A rattle was in his chest, his breathing slow. "Sebastian.. I missed you." Sebastian sunk at the touch of his father's hand, looking over at him with a small smile. "I-I missed you." His dad smiled, nodding. "I know. But first.. There's my briefcase with my important papers. I left everything in your name. Your mother will get the house I bought you, as well as a huge sum of money... But everything else, including the twenty million dollars in my bank account goes to you. You'll get the house you're currently living in. You'll get the cars except for your mine and your mother's favorite. You'll get my company as well as yours. You'll own everything of mine. Understood?" Sebastian nodded, looking down at his hands. "Dad don't talk like that. You're going to be fine and out of here soo-." He was cut off by his father who raised a hand up and shook his head. "The doctor told me what is happening. I can't save myself. I have had a massive heart attack due to an enormous blood clot. Either I'll have another heart attack, or it'll go to my brain." He hugged Sebastian, looking at him with a serious expression. "Be good to your mother. We love you and always will. You know that. Happy birthday, by the way. I wish I could stay and see you live your life.. But it's time for me to go soon." He smiled, a tear sliding out of his eyes. "I love you more than you know."

Sayomi stayed quiet the entire time, not wanting to say a word. She felt like she was intruding, but she wanted to come for Sebastian. She hoped maybe she could help. Somehow. When Gideon and Sebastian's mom where hugging, Sayomi slipped out of the waiting room. She pulled the mask off the top of her head, walking over to the nurses counter. "Who is taking care of the Black case?" She asked, seriousness on her face. "Ms. Chi! What's.. what are you doing here?" The nurse known as Gillian asked, surprised Sayomi was there. She wasnt due at this hospital for another week. "I'm not going to ask again. Who is seeing Mr. Black?" The nurse froze up, and looked the files searching for a name. "D-Dr. Johnson. He is in a room with a scrub down at the moment."

Sayomi thanked her and went into the scuba closet, putting on the uniform green scrubs. She came out, and handed the dress and mask to the nurse. "Watch these." She hunted down the room the doctor was in, the put on a gown over her scrubs, a mask, and gloves, then entered. "We can't figure out why he is progressing so quickly. We need to watch-- Ms. Chi? What?" The doctor was confused when he saw her enter. "This is Sayomi Chi. She is in the excelled pre-med program that we work with. "Have you checked his CO2 levels lately? RSV can sometimes not clog up the lungs bad enough to hear, but still hurt the baby's breathing. Check them, then probably put him on the C-PAP to help him exhale and get the carbon out." The Doctor nodded, looking at the couple. They had nothing else to do. "I'll order it. Let's talk outside Ms.Chi."

The two exited the room, taking the gowns off. As they pulled off the masks, the doctor started to question her. "What are you doing here Sayomi? You aren't due for awhile. And definitely not at this time." Sayomi was one of 4 students allowed into an excelled pre-med program that was in the next town. Most of what they did was online. With two classes a week at the University and two every other week at the hospital. "Look. I'm here about Mr. Black. Was it a blocked artery or a thrombosis?" The doctor started to ask more questions, but she held her hand up. "Listen, Leonard. Why, doesn't matter. I'm here. And you will talk to me. What is being down for him?" The two walked back to the nurses station and he handed her the file. Only pain control was being done. They were just going to let him die.

She looked up at the doctor, a mild anger in her eyes. "Have you given them any options at all, johnson?" He shook his head, causing Sayomi to throw down the file on the counter. "Damnit, Leonard! There are long Shots that can save him! Blood thinners can shrink the clot so it doesn't stick again, especially cause a hemmorage in the brain. There is the more unorthodox way..." She stopped, looking into the room. She could see Sebastian, and she felt like crying. She couldn't help any.

"T-There have been very promising results when filtering the patients blood through a pigs system. It's a little out there, since it's not the filtration needed. But, the thrombus gets lodged on the pig, and kills it instead. Then with a blood fusion for the patient since the pig keeps some of the blood, they usually recover fine." Sayomi looked at the doctor, who argued that it was too unorthodox, that he didn't want to bring it up, and them shut him down. "I don't care if you look like an idiot for mentioning it!" She started to raise her voice. "There are still options that you have, no matter how far fetched they are! You cannot treat him like he is already dead when you have options. Get in there, and bring them up, or I will go to Sullivan." The doctor jumped for a moment, then went into the room to talk to Sebastian's father about the ideas of Sayomi's. There were chances with each, but she thought the possible outcomes out weighed the possible adverse effects.

Sayomi stood out by the nurses station, her head on the counter, trying to think about more options that there could be. There was a tap on her shoulder. It was the head doctor at the hospital. He handed her her badge to mark who she was if she was on scrubs. She put it on, and the two began to brainstorm back and fourth with eachother.

Sebastian watched as his father shook his head at the doctor's options. "Doc.. I have cancer. I've been doing the treatments and we both know it'll kill my immune system." Sebastian's mouth dropped open, looking over at his father. "Cancer?! Since when?!" His father rolled his eyes, looking over at Sebastian. "For a while. Now... Among my many companies, I indeed do have a PhD. I'm stable, and the medicine for the blood clot is working. I'd like to go home, and celebrate my son's birthday." A nurse walked in, her eyes squinting as she looked at Mr. Black's file. "Well, it looks as if the cancer is gone! That last round of chemo stopped the production of cancerous cells. As for the heart attack, it's only a mild cardiac event, so you're clear to go home." She handed Sebastian some prescriptions, smiling and waving goodbye. Sebastian left the room to give his dad privacy. He looked to the desk, noticing Sayomi in scrubs. "Sayomi... What the hell is this?"

Sayomi jumped when she heard Sebastian's voice. "I'm a pre-med student at the University in town. I got the scholarship earlier this year. One of four still in high school allowed to take the curiculum.. It never came up before.. I-I didn't think to mention it. I'm sorry." Dr. Sullivan put an arm over her shoulders. "Sayomi here is one of the best students we have seen in a long time. Awkward, and clumsy sometimes. But bright. She thought she could help out on the level. We are always short handed." The nurse returned with the tests for the baby with RSV. Dr. Sullivan looked at results. "Sayomi. You were right. The baby in 26, he isn't pushing all his CO2 out. I'm going to start the C-PAP." He gathered a couple nurses and headed to the room, leaving the two alone. "I felt like I was intruding on your mom and Gideon.. so I thought I would wait out here for you, and do a little help.. How are you holding up, hun? How is he?" She was too afraid to mention that she had talked to his doctor about ideas. She wasnt sure how well Sebastian would take that. She didn't want to make him any angrier with her.

Sebastian ran a hand over his chin. "I'm guessing you consulted the doctor?" He shook his head, looking away and sighing. "He's holding up. Apparently he's had cancer for quite a while, yet my parents refused to tell me. They're worried about his heart, but he's coming home now." He looked to Sayomi, smiling and running a hand through his hair. "Knowing his health, he wont make it. But he's never gave up before."

Sayomi bit her lower lip, deciding she should come clean. She looked at Sebastian then down. "I did talk to him, yes. There are options, though unorthodox, have promising results. Most doctors refuse to bring them up, because most patients look at then like they are stupid. He, he was one of them." She looked up at him, she felt bad for going behind his back to talk to the doctor, but not actually talking to the doctor. "There is still a chance, Sebastian." She touched his arm softly, her bluish green eyes on him. "The body is an amazing thing. Sometimes, it can fix it self." She hugged him quickly, then stepped back. "Enjoy his time at home. You have a chance at being with your family for a long period of time. Now is the time to make all those memories you have been wanting to, dove. Use it." Sayomi was starting to think about taking a cab home so that they all could be without their intruder.

Sebastian smiled, pulling her closer and hugging her. "They're talking about moving. I think it would be best. Come." He grabbed her hand, leading her to the lobby. He hugged his mom, asking her to let her know how everything goes and waving to Gideon. "I'm ready, Gideon. Let's go."

Sayomi looked at him, confused. They were talking of moving? She didn't like the sound of that. With his father's health, Sebastian may go with them. She didn't like the thought of not seeing him. "I'll be right back. I have to get my dress. I'll meet you at the car." She turned on her heel, and ran back to the nurses station. The nurse handed her the dress and her mask. "Ms. Chi." Dr. Sullivan's voice rang. "You're forgetting.. that's hospital property you have on. I will have to ask you to change." Sayomi looked down and apologized, handing the badge back, as she quickly changed back into her dress. She picked up her and was about to run, "Ms. Chi. When you come in next week, I think I'm going to put you in pediatrics. You did well with the RSV baby." Sayomi was surprised. Pediatrics was usually off limits for the first couple of years. "T-thank you, sir. I'll see you then. I must return back. She took off to the car, to meet Gideon and Sebastian. "I'm sorry. I had to change."

"Dad was talking about you two moving." Sebastian's mother nodded, smiling. "We'd like to. You'd get the house we're living at now. You're father is going to stay an extra night and then come home tomorrow." Gideon waved at Sayomi. Sebastian nodded, hugging his mom and sighing. "I didn't know dad wanted this." That is when he saw a group of doctors run into his father's room. Sebastian's mother ran after them, a faint shriek and then sobbing accompanying her entrance. Sebastian's eyed widened, looking to Sayomi. "Hold on." He ran into his father's room, watching the doctor perform CPR. Nothing was working. They performed the shock paddles, nothing having effect. Sebastian held a hand to his mouth, holding his sobbing mother as the doctors told them there wasn't anything they could do. His father had just died.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sayomi had run in, past everyone once she heard the commotion. "No, no, no.." She had just changed into her dress, and now this. When told, she administered a shot into the IV, hoping to thin the blood to allow it to pass throw the clot. As they started the paddles, Sayomi backed off, checking over his previous vitals to pinpoint where it could be. Her and another nurse felt his legs, to see if they could figure out where it was in his leg. The doctor called them back. She stepped away with the nurse. Biting her lip she looked down, fighting back tears. She had never met him, but he was Sebastian's father, he was still a person. Peoplet cared for him. And they couldn't save him. There should have been something they could have done. She was lead out by the nurse and Dr. Sullivan. She had to fill out papers, she looked over at Sebastian as she was brought out, allowing the family to mourn.

After she finished her part of the report, Sayomi stepped back and looked at her dress. She pulled out a fifty dollar bill, handing it to Dr. Sullivan. "I'm buying a pair of scrubs." She went and grabbed the scrubs, and changed in the closet. She brought her dress out, and handed it to Gillian again. "Can you find something to do with this?" "But, Say-.." Sayomi cut her off. "I don't want it anymore." She had made a habit of not keeping things tied to any bad memories. She loved the dress. But she knew that the good part of the night wold be forgotten behind this tragedy. She didn't go to Sebastian. She just waited back. Not wanting to disturb them. She leaned against the counter, looking down Trying to decide whether or not she wanted to follow this path any longer.

Sebastian screamed in agony, sinking to the floor with his mother. Gideon was behind him, staring in disbelief at the family on the floor. Jennifer Black raised her head, tears streaming down her face. Most of her mascara was included in the tears, making her eyes look black and sunken in. "NO! There's got to be something else you can do!" The nurses all stepped back, allowing Sebastian the chance to walk up to his father's bedside. "Father..." He reached a hand out, caressing his father's face before grabbing the briefcase. "I need to make some calls. Dad wanted me to take over the company." Jennifer smacked Sebastian across the face, screaming in pain and distress. "Don't talk like that! You're talking like he's dead!" Sebastian grabbed his mother by the shoulders, a tear sliding out of his eye. "Mom. He is dead. There's no bringing him back. He wanted it like this. He would've wanted this." He shook her as he said it, looking deep into her eyes. "Don't lose yourself now. Dad wouldn't want this to happen." Jennifer sunk into his arms, crying out every last little breath she could. "I-I love him..." Sebastian rubbed her back, shushing her gently. "I know. I did too." He had Gideon hold her, grabbing the briefcase and pulling out his phone. He exited the room, looking over at Sayomi with a sad expression. He kissed her cheek, looking down at his phone. "I.... Uh, I'll be back in a minute. I have to call the lawyers and have them switch the company in my name."

He had went into the hospital's conference room, where the lawyers on the phone confirmed that the money and properties would be put in Sebastian's name, including the companies. Sebastian confirmed his father had indeed died, his eyes red and sore. He was exhausted, mainly due to the emotional impact of everything. He hung up, watching as Gideon entered the conference room. "You're mother was sedated.. She almost tried to jump out the window due to the shock of everything. They're keeping her overnight and your grandmother will be bringing her to your grandma and grandpa's house. She doesn't want to stay at the house right now." Sebastian nodded, looking over at Gideon with sad, dreadful eyes. "How... How can I plan a funeral and everything? My father wouldn't have wanted a funeral." Gideon nodded, looking down at the papers splayed across the table. "Then do what he wants. He wants cremation. He wants a small part of ashes to go in a vial to your mother and yourself. Your grandparents included. The rest is to be thrown into the islands of the Galapagos." Sebastian nodded, shaking his head and looking to Gideon. "Please, say you'll stay with me again." Gideon nodded, wrapping Sebastian in a hug. "It'll be okay. We'll celebrate your birthday once things quiet down."

Sebastian found Sayomi again, pulling her into a hug and sighing. "Mom is staying here for the night. She tried to commit suicide and they sedated her. My father will be cremated and there will be no funeral. Please, come to my house with me... I'm terribly upset anyways." He kissed her cheek again, leaning his face against hers. "He wouldn't want me to cry, so I won't."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sayomi held Sebastian close to her, her hand on his head. "I'm sorry that I couldn't help. I'm so sorry. I gave the options I could think of. There should have been something..." She pulled him to her tighter. She would do anything to change what happened. "Are you sure that you don't want to stay here with your mother?" She asked as she held onto him. She wanted to make sure that his decisions were what he really wanted, not what he thought were needed.

Sebastian shook his head, looking down the hallway. "That's the first time she's ever hit me across the face. I mean, I.. I know why she did it. She's hysterical.. But I can't face her like that right now." He grabbed her hand, leading her down the hall and out to the doors. "I had a wonderful evening, Sayomi. Really, I did. Things like this happen." He wrapped her in another hug, looking down at his shoes before pulling her into a passionate embrace. "My father and I weren't that close anyways. I've always been fond of my mother more. I know that's not a good thing.. But my father was wrapped up in his work constantly." He sighed, grabbing Gideon and heading for the car. "We're stopping at Taco Bell. And no one is saying no." He chuckled, pulling his coat on and grabbing Gideon's keys. The drive to Taco Bell was quick, and Sebastian had ordered a number of items. "Sayomi. Pick anything you'd like out of the selection. I want to enjoy my birthday." He winked at her from the rear view mirror, smiling and looking to Gideon. "When we get home we can tell stories and whatnot and then Sayomi and I will head to bed after a shower." Gideon nodded, pigging out on his burrito. "Seb.. What the hell is a Gordita Crunch Supreme?" Sebastian laughed loudly, looking to Gideon as he drove. "It's a taco that has a hard shell and is covered by pita bread. Delicious stuff right there." Gideon snickered, looking to Sayomi. "You're a great gal to be here for him at this time."

As they reached Sebastian's house, Alfred walked up. He wrapped Sebastian in an embrace, shakily asking a serious question. "M-Master Black.. Does this mean that our jobs... That our jobs are at stake?" Sebastian shook his head, laughing and hugging him again. "No! It means I'll be running the house, is all. Dad loved you, Alfred. Take the night off. I can handle things." Alfred smiled, nodding. "Bless you, sire. I'll be back in the morning."

Sebastian lifted Sayomi into his arms, carrying her into the living room and looking to Gideon. "Actually.. Let's all get showers and then we can tell stories after." Gideon nodded, looking to Sayomi. "Have fun, you two. I'll go get a shower and catch up on my work." He left them alone, retreating a different hallway. Sebastian carried Sayomi in his arms, looking down at her with a smile. "He is a professor at the local college. He's quite good, though his true calling is fashion." He entered his room, laying her on his bed and sitting next to her. "My shower is large, though I'm not sure if you'd like to use mine.. I mean, if you want to that's fine.. But I just want to be close to you right now." He grabbed her, picking her up in his arms again and carrying her to the master bathroom. "Bath or shower for the lady?"

Sayomi smiled softly as Gideon asked about the food. How he did not know, blew her mind away. She picked at a simple cheese roll up before wrapping it back up, unfinished and hardly touched. She didn't have an appetite at the moment. When they arrived, she slowly got out of the car, trying give space where she thought it was needed. It didn't last long before Sebastian had picked her up in his arms. Sayou cuddled close to him as they walked, savoring his touch greatly. Gideon was a teacher. She never would have thought of that. She blushed when he told them to have fun. Sayomi wondered if he was just being a typical old man, or if she had missed something. Both were very good answers to her questions. Sebastian set her down for a couple minutes, mentioning that he didn't want to be away from her. Had she really made that big of an impact on him? She was picked up again, causing her to grin softly. "Umm.. I think a shower. The pressure on my muscles will feel amazing." Suddenly, she took his face in her hands, kissing him with a deep passion. The urge had taken over her to do it, and she couldn't say no. She pulled back slowly, her lips dragging softly against his. "I-I'm sorry. I'm not sure what came over me. I just had to."

Status
Not open for further replies.