And So It Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastian obliged, touching a hand on her bare back and zipping up the dress. He stepped back, observing her beauty and snickering. "Goregeous dress, dear." He grabbed his wallet, keys and cellphone, grabbing her hand with the other. "Let's go, darling." He led her to the car, helping her inside. Once in the car, he looked to her. "Pick a place for dinner."

Sayomi barely managed to slip on her Tom's and gran her bag before Sebastian took her out the door. Once back in the car, she looked at him, a soft smile on her lips. She couldn't help but watch him like it was the first time she saw him every time she looked at him. She was still blown away that out of everyone, he would chose her. "Well you said you wanted burgers. Off McLoughlin is a nice little mom and pop style place. Amazing burgers and shakes. The whole old style package really." She used to eat there often, now sometimes they would bring her a burger and shake to check up on her and she how her dad is doing.

Sebastian nodded, turning on the car and driving away. He set his GPS to the location, humming a song and checking the time. He grabbed his cell phone, dialing his shopping assistant's number and waiting for her to pick up. "Claudia! Hello... How is the suit coming along? Uh huh... That's fine. I'll be stopping by there later." He hung up, looking over at Sayomi with a small smile. "That woman annoys me to no end.. But she's the only one who knows how picky I am." He turned into the restaurant parking lot, pushing a button on the touchscreen computer that was built into his dashboard. He typed in a series of numbers, raising his eyebrows at the amount in his account. There was over one million dollars. He laughed hysterically, shaking his head. "I guess my company just now started.. I can't believe I have that much." He logged out of the computer, turning off the car and walking around to help Sayomi out. "This seems like a great place. Can't wait to try the food." He grabbed her hand, leading her inside and sitting at a booth. A waitress took their orders. Sebastian ordered a coke, a double cheeseburger combo, and a shake. "What about you, dear?"

Before Sayomi could order, an old lady came over to the table, pulling her out of the booth. "Sayomi! Oh my Lanta" the lady started to nearly scream as she took Sayomi's face in her hands then hugged her. "We have been worried sick! Are you feeling better dear?" She said as she looked to the waitress. "Trish, tell Hughby that Sayomi is in. And forget the charge." Sayomi looked at Sebastian with a soft smile, mouthing an apology. "Margaret, I am doing much better. Thought we would come down and see you guys. Best burgers in town." When she said we, Margaret's eyebrow raised as she looked down at Sebastian. "Oooohhh, Sayomi! A boy? Does your father know what you are doing?" She asked with a wink as she looked over the two. "He must have been the one able to get you out of your slump. Am I right, dear?" Sayomi looked down at Sebastian blushing softly "You're right, Margaret.. And I still haven't gotten to talk to my father." Margaret touched her face, a look of sorrow in her face as she walked back to the kitchen.

Sayomi sat down, looking at Sebastian. "I'm sorry.. I have been coming here since I was little. They know me well." She said with a shrug as their food already arrived. They must have been top priority. She thanked the waitress and grabbed her shake and dipped her fries in the shake and eating it, closing her eyes. The ultimate comfort food for her, which happened to just be amazing all the time.

Sebastian's anxiety raised as he met these new people, especially the woman shrieking. He waved, nodding his head. "Hello." Sayomi apologized for the situation, and Sebastian nodded, quietly eating. "It's alright, I suppose. You know so many people here. I feel so.. new to this place." He dipped a fry in his shake, swallowing with a hint of regret. "This will definitely increase my workout if I ever want to fit into that suit tomorrow." He chuckled, stretching slightly and looking down at his plate. "You know.. I never though I'd be here, in this type of place. Not that I don't like it.. Just that my father and mother were very uptight about the places we went and the people we saw. They said that as a part of the higher society we were bound to go to only the best places."

Sayomi laughed. "Besides Lydia and maybe one other person, you have met the extent of my social branches since I was like... 10. They have just stuck around." She continued looking at the shake as dipped fries thanking that he didn't ask about what Margaret had said. She didn't want to explain what he might have already had a hint about. "You know, Sebastian... Your parents mat think that way, you may somewhat. But a place isn't best because of the amount of money, or if they serve lobster. It's the atmosphere. Look around, my dove. Tell me the memories that you think people have made here, and if you think they would trade them in for an expensive meal where, someone like me, feels like they stare at you, waiting for a slip up." She placed a hand on his, looking into his eyes. "Money is a nice thing to have, but if you let it dictate everything that you do, I'm sorry to say it, but you end up... kind of like your parents. They chose vacations and trips and the money and glamorous life over their son who desperately just wants their love. Basic human nature is to love and seek it. That requires no money at all." She pulled her hand back, looking down again, feeling horrible for talking down about his parents. But she was starting to wonder about whether Sebastian and her could be together. He seemed to more like the fancier things. She liked to go someplace to explore the oddities. She liked vintage shops that smell weird, she loved old books and exploring. How much of that fit into what he saw as 'the best'? "Don't worry about not fitting into your suit. It takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound. This is only about 1100. Give or take."

Sebastian looked down at his plate as she talked of his parents. It felt like a stab to him; Sure they weren't that good sometimes. But deep down he knew they cared. He ate another bite of his hamburger, looking away out the window and contemplating things. "You're right, Sayomi. All my life I've had people who weren't as well endowed tell me how evil and piggish I am. They've told me I'll never find true love; That somehow my life would surely end in shambles. The saddest part is that I know they are right, and I try so hard to change that. I can't keep stressing how much I like you, Sayomi. You may have doubts about this relationship, but I don't. If I didn't want you, I would have let you leave me there at the club. I wouldn't have kissed you. Don't you see? I need to know if you'll be mine, Sayomi. And if you don't want to.. Then that's okay. But I'll always be waiting." He took a drink of his shake, eating some fries as he looked away. "There will be an ex of mine at the ball. She's very bitter and wants me back. Don't take anything she says or does to heart. She only tries to hurt me and the ones I care about."

Sayomi could tell that she hurt him and felt horrible. She was just trying to point out that they chose to be gone from his birthday. When he talked of her being his, she couldn't stay still anymore. Quickly she got out of her side of the booth and got in next to him. She laid her head on Sebastian's shoulder. "I'm not going anywhere, unless you tell me to.." She said as she ate the last bit of her fries, mixing her shake up. "Your ex can try. But, I doubt that she will get to me, there is little people can say to me that I haven't heard before, or think.. So don't worry. She won't ruin our good time." Sayomi could have a temper when it was about something she cared for. So, if the girl did try to either get to him, or put poison in her ear, she knew she would have watch her temper or else she would embarrass Sebastian and be exactly where the girl would want.

Sebastian raided his eyebrows, looking over at Sayomi with a suave smile. "You'd be surprised. She has so far managed to push away three people I wanted to date before. It's like... She's obsessed with me or something. Of course, it's only due to my high status. I have a lot of money, and she's what people call a gold digger." He ate the last of his fries and burger, drinking his shake and hugging Sayomi. "She will want to dance, though. And it's polite to oblige, though I may vomit in the process." He stood, laying a twenty dollar bill down for the tip on the table and walking to the cash register. He paid thirty dollars, smiling and grabbing Sayomi's hand, leading her outside. "You know.. There are perks to being rich. I get to experience the things others normally wouldn't get to.. Like art exhibits, for example. They fascinate me. I love the opera. All these things are expensive, but money never has been an issue for me."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sayomi looked at him with a smile "If she can say something that will make me doubt myself more than I already do to myself, then she will more than likely be the one to be with you." She knew how hard to rated herself and how hard she pushed herself down, it was probably worse than the girl would think of. Sayomi's biggest thing would be her anger. She winked at Sebastian "I may dance with others too. Depends on how fast we find eachother." She laughed squeezing his hand. He liked things of skill, it was a great trait to have. "That they are expensive, but I'll show you a piece of art no one can reproduce. It will leave a picture in your head for all your life, unlike any other. I will make your birthday as grand as my uncreative self can."

Sebastian smirked, helping Sayomi into the car. "Well, you can best believe that if there is more than dancing going on I'm likely to burst out in anger." He grabbed her hand, kissing it before getting in the car. He buckled, admiring her beauty before turning on the car. "Just instruct me, miss. We'll find our way sooner or later. Especially since I have time before my fitting for my suit. You will never find me, unless you know what to look for... There will be something about my outfit that no one else will have. And if you can honestly find me, you're definitely the one for me." He grinned, running a hand through his hair and silently wondering who he should go to for the red streaks. "I will find you, due to your stunning beauty. The whole room will light up when you walk in. Though it's cordial to accompany you inside the ballroom, I like to play games and have fun. This is one way to have fun." He drove a little faster, pushing the call button on his dashboard and calling his assistant. "Claudia, hello... I was wondering if you got the suit ready for me when I stop by later." Claudia's gasp was evident on the phone, and she giggled. "Mr. Black! Yes... Isn't it the one that has-" Sebastian cut her off, his eyes narrowing. "I have my lovely girl with me, Claud. I don't want her to know what I'm wearing." Claudia giggled again, her raspy voice soft and serious. "Oh, silly me. Hello, Sayomi. Sebastian hasn't stopped talking about you. I guarantee you two will look fabulous at the ball." Sebastian's cheeks turned pink as he rolled his eyes, chuckling to himself. "I'll be there around seven-thirty for the fitting." Claudia clucked her tongue, a faint scribbling heard in the background. "Okay, seven-thirty it is. Are you wanting to buy a mask or do you already have one?" Sebastian glanced at Sayomi, his eyes returning to the road. "I made one myself. Until we meet, Claud." "Goodbye, Mr. Black."

Sebastian pushed the end call button, glancing back over at Sayomi. "She has a slight crush. She's only twenty two, but I don't see her in any way but a friend. She's quite annoying after a while, though..."

Sayomi's burned up as the girl mentioned that Sebastian had been talking about her. When the two hung up she looked over at him, her eyes glowing as she smiled to him. "I would expect nothing less then her to have a crush on you." She looked for around for a moment Then took his hand in hers, rolling the window down. She loved the feeling of the air. She stuck her other hand out of the window, smiling happily.

"My mind runs away to you, with the thought I hope you'll see, can't see where it's wandered to, but I know where it wants to be. I'm waiting patiently though time is moving slow... I have one vacancy and I wanted you to know, that..." She sang, closing her eyes as she rested her head back. At the end, she hummed the next verse, unsure if he knew the song or not, but when she found him at the ball, she was going to sing the next verse. She hoped he would keep the melody in his head for the following night. Sayomi opened her eyes, looking at him. She wasn't sure how she got lucky to get someone like Sebastian, but she wasn't going to question it and chance loosing him.

Sebastian watched Sayomi, his eyes brightening with happiness. He flipped on the radio as she began humming, turning on his CD player to Time of My Life. He sang along, smiling and laughing as he sang.

"Now I've had the time of my life... No I never felt like this before. Yes I swear it's the truth, and I owe it all to you.. I've been waiting for so long, now I've finally found someone to stand by me..."

He sang the male parts, looking over at her with each note. "I've had, the time of my life. And I owe it all to you...." As the song ended he looked over at her, kissing her hand and thinking of the melody she had been singing. "How did I find you, when you were so far away?" He sighed, turning off the music and nodding his head. "Where are we going, dear? I need to know before I exit the interstate."

Sayomi filled in the female vocal points to the song, laughing. She felt like in the last day, she had had more fun then she could remember. "I have no idea here we are going, silly. The place I told of earlier is reserved for your birthday. We could always go to the old book store for a while. I can just walk to Lydia while you go to get your suit. We must start my dress tonight obviously." She pulled her phone out and texted her friend, making sure that she was actually still at the alteration shop with her father. Either way, she knew she would be there in a matter of minutes if asked.

Sebastian nodded, turning off the interstate and heading down a slim, sleek road. He stopped at an old, dusty store, his eyes widening as he smiled. "You'll love this place. I had extra time on my hands on the move here, so I looked this place up. It's amazing." He parked, helping her out of the black car and entering the shop, inhaling deeply. The place smelled of old books, and it was a heaven to Sebastian. He lead her down a corridor, where a man greeted him by 'Mr. Black'. He nodded to the man, pushing a small door out of the way and hopping down into a small hole. "Interesting enough, my great grandfather built this bookstore, and the family kept it for years. I never knew until now." He pulled her in the hole, holding onto her as they slid down a sleek slide, which landed into a small room. This room was filled with an old fireplace, books, and lavish chairs. Sebastian sat down in a chair, pulling Sayomi into his lap and playing with her hair. "This is called 'The Rabbit Hole', according to my grandfather. It was said that they loved drowning themselves in books and stories, in a vain attempt to get away from the boring reality."

Sayomi's eyes gawked about as she looked around. "I-I have been here a million times. I could have sworn that I searched every nook and cranny. I knew there had to be something amazing like this. There always is in old stores." She looked at Sebastian, the awe still written on her face. The smell of old books surrounded them, it was such a relaxing yet enticing smell. She could live in this small hole and be happy forevery with the books. "How did you know about this, Sebastian?"

Sebastian rubbed his head, his eyes sincere. "I told you. My great grandfather owned this.. Now, my grandfather owns it. One time on vacation we stopped by here for Christmas and I was looking around and eventually found it, along with the blueprints. This isn't the only hidden place here." He stood, grabbing her hand and leading her down a corridor that was filled with twits and turns. They soon stood in a room filled with ribbons, and Sebastian held a hand up, grabbing a bright yellow ribbon. As he pulled the ribbon, a large door opened, hidden behind a wall. He led her through the door, shutting it and smiling. "This is my favorite room." The room was filled with different pieces of art and painted glass, the lights making the room glow in rainbow colors. He grinned, running a hand through his hair. "The morning before I met you I left to come here before school. I figured it'd give me hope."

"I know you said your grandparents had owned it. But that doesn't mean that they had told you where this was." Sayomi looked around excitment like a child at Christmas written all over her face. She loved adventures of all kinds. Finding new things, learning things that not everyone knows about, that they don't teach you in school. The blue prints at cityhall of any of the buildings in this part of the city were all typical. None with unaccounted rooms or anything of excitement. She held her hand up, letting the rainbow lights shine on it as she smiled. "This place is breathtaking, Sebastian. What made you come in here for luck?" She looked at all the pained glass and the art, stepping carefully she couldn't take it all in fast enough. "I feel like we could be together for 80 years, and you would still have me on my toes all the time." She said with a soft laugh.

Sebastian shrugged, picking up a small glass sculpture of a rose. He handed it to Sayomi, his eyes reflecting the colors of the glass. "Love, like this rose, will never die." He looked away, looking down at a small painting of a lonely bird. "A lot of things in this place are lonely. I figured that maybe if I came here.. Maybe I'd figure out what to do." He walked around, admiring the paintings and listening to Sayomi. "I hope I never get boring! You'd be surprised how many things I have left. Millions."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sayomi admired the rose, looking at it then at Sebastian. She grabbed him and kissed him, her hand on his chest. "You just gave me a million reasons not to leave. Compared to the two I could think of to leave. Which you would probably thump me for thinking." She nuzzled his neck as she held onto him, in this almost magical place. The entire time that she knew him had been one just cloud of amazing. Every time he so much as looked at her, she felt her heart skip. When they toughed, her skin felt like it was on fire. "I hope that I get to see all of your surprises... I would get to to be the luckiest girl alive"

Status
Not open for further replies.