And So It Begins...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alfred wheeled Sebastian in, smiling down at Sebastian. Sebastian felt humiliated. What he wanted most was to walk up to Sayomi and hold her; To be able to bend down and kiss her cheek. He tugged at the oxygen cannula, shaking his head and trying to lift his arms. He was unable to. His face was pale and slightly sunken in. The IV rack hung behind him, his body shifting slightly. Gideon looked to Sayomi, a small frown on his lips. "Uh.. He can't walk right now. Some neurological problem.. He's unable to move his arms that much and his legs are immobile right now. The doc says it'll get better with medicine and physical therapy." Sebastian looked down at the ground, forcing everything within him to be able to wheel the chair towards Sayomi's bed. "I.. I missed you. You scared me.."

He leaned over as much as he could, kissing her hand and nodding to Lydia. "Thanks.. For helping her. I know I should have been here."

Gideon sighed, sitting down. "Cut the crap, Seb. You were in a coma. You had a mild heart attack and CPR was performed. You can't even walk. I'm sure Lydia and Sayomi completely understand. At least Sayomi is able to walk. But you're confined to a wheel chair until they can figure out what was wrong. The most worrisome is that you are going to need heart surgery. So spare us the noble shit and understand that things happen and you can't change them."

Sebastian scowled, looking over at Sayomi and softly smiling. "He's just grumpy. I'll be fine, dear. You need to get better, though.. Soon I'll go get some tests done so you can rest. Okay?"

Sayomi fought for a moment as she stood up. It was much harder to move with the stitches in her back. She leaned down, hiding the pain as she hugged him. "Gideon is right my love. There is nothing you could have done. Even if you had been in town for the first part of it, there is nothing you could have done. I needed to come in to get hours done. This all would have happened." Sayomi's father chimed in with a laugh.

"And you wouldn't have been able to keep her in this room. Even since she was younger, she has escaped everything you can think of. Baby gates, dentists and doctors appointments, every time she is in the hospital she makes an escape somewhere. She gets the minimum required help, then leaves. She thinks if she can't beat it, then she was going to die either way." Sayomi rolled her eyes as Lydia helped her back onto the bed. They still hadn't changed her bloody sheets yet.

"I like to give help.. not so much get it. But we got off subject.. dad.." She said looking at her father. "Right now there is no need to worry about me. Don't waste your time and energy on that. If i can get shot, have a piece in my liver, and be thrown on glass, I'm sure that I can survive the healing."

The doctors came in, drawing a couple tube of blood from an IV that they left strictly for blood. It was quick, and they were in and out in a moment. They kept making sure she was showing signs of a blood infection to minimize her time in the hospital. She looked at Gideon as she drank some of her water. "What more did the doctor say was to be done, other than surgery?"

Sebastian grabbed a rose from beside him, handing it to Gideon to hand over to Sayomi. Gideon sat it on her table, smiling and shaking his head. "Uh.. He said that a pacemaker might have to be installed in his heart, as well as an insulin injector that is placed under the skin. He'll be in a wheel chair for a while and he has to be on oxygen for a week. I have to watch him like a hawk until then. He tried to stand earlier and fell to the floor because he cannot move his legs." Sebastian rolled his eyes, looking away. "I just needed time to get up and walk. I can do it." Gideon snorted, sitting down beside Sebastian. "You know that's a lie. I saw how horrible it felt to not be able to move."

Sayomi looked confused. "An insulin injector. That's a little extreme. A lot of this could strictly be set on by blood sugar issues yes. But those aren't even fully tested. They are known to have many issues and malfunction. They can't just to an insulin pump? Or other insulin than strictly short? Only short acting is hard to control sugars for long periods of time, usually requiring a shot every 4 hours." When Gideon commented on him for sure not being able to walk, Sayomi had to hold everything back from letting her mouth run. "Don't underestimat him, Gideon. You said so yourself. He is a strong and determined man. He could overcome it and be up sooner than you think. There is always that possibility." A nurse came in and wanted to change her sheets.

Thomas helped her up, and helped keep her balanced. As the nurse changed the bloody sheets. The stitches on Sayomi'd back were visible. They were long, since the glass sliced some of her back with all the movement and transport that had occured. Once she was done, she was laid down, as the morphine beeped, signaling it was being dispensed again.

Gideon shrugged, looking away and patting Sebastian's back. Sebastian spoke up, eyeing the scar on Sayomi's back. "I'm just going to request a long acting insulin shot. I hate the medicines anyways. As for the walking.. I cannot move my legs right now.. I've tried. My arms won't move much either. I mean.. I'm sure it'll get better so I'm not going to worry about it. Especially since the heart surgery will make me better." Gideon nodded, hugging Sebastian. "You're a tough one."

Sayomi smiled at Sebastian, fighting through the morphine as it tried to take over her brain. She wasn't going to allow it. She wanted to spend her time with Sebastian, not lost in a land of crazy for 30 minutes. "The long acting shots you still have to take once to twice a day, and have to keep short acting on hand for if your blood sugar starts creeping up for some reason. But it's easier than so many shots, and less complicated with not having to worry about something breaking or malfunctioning." Lydia walked over to Sayomi and ran her fingers through her hair. She was trying to help Sayomi stay awake, but it didn't last long. Sayomi couldn't fight the drugs anymore, and passed out.

Lydia laughed softly looking between Gideon and Sebastian. "You can do your tests and then come back, or just wait. The morphine usually only has her out for 20-30 minutes. They are talking about trying to wing her off onto some sort of pill. The faster she gets on that for pain, and off the IV the faster she gets to go home and out of here."

Sebastian shook his head, looking to Gideon. "I'm going to get my tests done and then go home. Let me know how she's doing." Alfred wheeled Sebastian out, nodding to Sayomi's father and Lydia. "Goodbye.." Gideon waved to the trio, nodding to Lydia and walking out.

Sebastian managed to use his hands to wheel himself, his eyes dull and his breath short. "I'm so very tired, Gid.. I don't exactly know why either." Gideon shrugged, running a hand through his hair and sighing. "You had a big day. I can't blame you but be tired. I'd be if I were in your situation."

A while after Sayomi had gotten the morphine, Lydia and her father decided to go down and get food. "We should have about 10 minutes before she wakes up. Thomas is with her if she makes up earlier." Lydia stated as she pushed the elevator button, waiting.

"Code red. We have a code red. Room 421. Code red." The two looked at eachother and ran to the room. They were bared off, and not allowed to enter. "That's my daughter!" He tried to push through. A nurse held him back, as they fought to get her stablized. They gave her a shot of adrenaline and a cocktail of other drugs. They managed to stabilize her heart, for the moment.

Dr. Sullivan came out and looked that them. "She looks like she is having a morphine overdose. But we don't know how. We have been giving her exactly as much as she is supposed to based on her weight. She sho-..." Lydia cut him off. "Did you guys weigh her? She has lost 6 inches in a few months... she has been struggling with eating lately.." the doctor looked through the files and threw it. He hadn't seen how recent the weight check was. He started going about yelling orders to the nurses.

Sebastian had fallen into a giant mess of dreams; In these dreams, he was able to walk freely. This was where he saw his father. "Dad!" Sebastian ran to his father, hugging him tightly. "I miss you.. Why did you leave?" His father laughed, shaking his head. "I had to. Now wake up."

It was then that Sebastian woke up. But his father wasn't there. He rolled over, slowly moving his legs and grinning. "Gid! Come here!" Gideon ran inside the room, his eyes wide. "What?!" Sebastian laughed, slowly sitting up and moving out of the bed. He stood, stretching and laughing joyfully. "I can walk again!" Gideon hugged Sebastian tightly, grinning. He took a test of Sebastian's blood sugar, nodding. "It must have been something that is intertwined with your diabetes.. Your blood sugar is lower. We can get you off the IV now!" Sebastian smiled happily, nodding. "Thank god! I was getting tired of it." He slowly pulled the needle out of his hand, looking to Gideon. "What is in your hand?" Gideon smiled, holding out an array of pills. "Take them. You have to for your heart. No exercise or scares until we get your heart fixed." Sebastian hastily took the pills, draining a glass of water and nodding. "Want to go out?" Gideon grinned, yelling for Alfred and smiling. "Where to?"

Sayomi woke up, dizzy and sick. She was hooked up to air. "Ms. Chi!" Dr. Sullivan and Thomas stood up. They had been monitoring her for a bit. "We had your weight wrong by nearly thirty pounds. So you ended up having a morphine overdose. So you are on saline and potassium. You can take Tylenol for the pain. But that's it."

He placed the Tylenol on her table, checked her pulse, and left. "If I am not out of her by tomorrow.. they are going to kill me. If not them, someone." Lydia laughed as she handed Sayomi water. "Well then stop giving us heart attacks and then hopefully you could be home."

Gideon had been watching Sebastian shop for Christmas gifts; After all, Christmas was a month away. "I'm thinking of giving Sayomi a very special gift.. Aside from all of us going to Hawaii, of course... But it has to be something great." He smiled, looking away and browsing jewelry. Gideon sent a 'hello' text to Lydia, grinning and looking at Christmas sweaters. "What about some of these for the holidays?" Sebastian laughed, grabbing a few and nodding. "I love these! Christmas is only once a year.. Besides, This will be the best Christmas ever!" Gideon grinned again, patting Sebastian's back and nodding. "I'm sure having fun imagining it."

Sayomi laid there, curled in a ball, pain flowing through every vein in her body. She was managing to keep tears on her. She knew that if she could get throught the night, her body would adjust to the pain. She lost herself in meditation, trying to keep calm.

[Lydia] Hey, mister. How is everything on your end?

She rubbed Sayomi's back as she sat behind her. "You got this. Just remember if you can get through this night. You get home. And you get to see Sebastian. You can lay with him in bed and whatever it is you two do."

[Gid] Sebastian is able to walk now! :D He's Christmas shopping since it's four weeks away. He's so excited for the holiday. How is it holding up there?

Sebastian bought some items, deciding to rent Christmas movies and take them home. He stopped in the mall at a picture booth, taking a couple of pictures with a promise ring that he had bought Sayomi. He smiled as the camera flashed, multiple times. After exiting the booth, he showed the ring to Gideon, grinning. "I hope she loves it."

qsmt83.jpg

[Lydia] Her heart stopped. Morphine overdose. She seems alright now, besides in terrible pain. If she can handle it through the night, then she is going home tomorrow. It's beyond amazing that he can walk! Will he still need surgery?

Sayomi stated curled in her ball. She was reaching the point of not being able to handle it. Her father picked her up, and put her in a wheel chair. "Let's go for a walk. Maybe that will help you." He started to push her through the hospital, trying to do anything to keep her mind off of the pain.

Gideon drove home, singing Christmas songs with Sebastian. As he stopped the car in the driveway, he sent a text back to Lydia.

[Gid] Yeah he's got the heart surgery scheduled in a couple of days.. Sorry about the overdose. Seb hasn't told me how he managed to walk already.. He's having trouble breathing. If something happens I'll let you know.

Sebastian was prescribed Vicodin for the pain in his legs, which seemed to be hurting severely badly. He took a couple Vicodin tablets, laying down in his warm bed as the night grew colder. Gideon watched over him, trying his best not to fall asleep.

Sayomi jumped as cold hands touched her back. She turned and it was another one if the interns. One of the few girls. "Sorry, Sayomi. I was went in by surgery to check all your stitches and the swelling on them. Just to make sure that they are healing right." She ran her cold thumb over each cut, to feel the warmth.

"The gunshot site is pretty warm and inflamed. It's pushing on the stitches. We will give you some anti-inflammatory meds to get it down." She made some notes in her chart, and checked Sayomi's legs for swellings. "Let's get you up and walking. Your retaining fluids in your legs."

Lydia offered to help Sayomi walk, instead of having a nurse have to. With a lot of struggle, she stood, leaning on Lydia for support

Gideon wandered around the house slowly, looking at the art and pictures that hung on the wall. He sat down at the breakfast nook with Alfred. "Alf.. I'm worried about Sebastian." Alfred raised an eyebrow, shrugging and handing Gideon a mug of coffee. He poured one for himself, nodding. "I too worry about him. Sayomi and him come from two different sides of the table, Gideon. What do you think can happen if something goes wrong in their relationship?" Gideon took a sip of his coffee, nodding. "Disaster."

Sayomi had fallen asleep after they had come back from walking. She was worn out from everything and still feeling the effects of the morphine overdose. Michael watched as she slept, before getting up. "I have to take care of the last few things at the base, Dee. I haven't told her yet why, but the ball that is being thrown for me, is for my retirement. Not for an award. It's going to be a lively party. And I told her to invite Sebastian. Of course you and your mother, and step father. So i just need to finish the last paper work for this last deployment and the papers for retirement."

Lydia nodded, smiling at the news. Then watched as he left. Thomas shifted in his chair, uncomfortable. "Do you think that their relationship will survive? Ms. Chi and Mr. Black I mean. They are far across the boards from each other. One is like Star Wars, the other is like the Lord Of The Rings.. either they will go amazingly together, or they will make the biggest shit around. What do you think?" Lydia sighed as she drank some coffee, watching Satomi sleep. "I don't know. Their relationship is complicated. Sayomi is or was in a bad mind set with herself. I'm not sure about Sebastian. I don't know too much. Their relationship has already been busy and heavy. Only time will tell."

Sebastian opened his eyes slowly, getting up and heading to the bathroom. He took a shower, slowly getting out of the bed. He looked at the time, groaning as it was nearing ten at night. He shook his head, sighing and leaving his room. He headed towards the breakfast nook, smiling and waving at Alfred and Gideon. "My two favorite buddies.. Hope you all weren't talking about me." Alfred pursed his lips, looking away. Gideon sat his mug on the table, scooting over on the huge bench to let Sebastian in. Sebastian took a seat, raising an eyebrow. "I see the look on your face, Gid. What is it?" Gideon sighed, running a hand through his hair and taking another sip of coffee.

"Seb.. Look.. You know we care about you.. But I'm worried about you. You and Sayomi.. You're both taking this relationship thing too far so fast. I mean.. I know you care about her. But sometimes going slow is the best way. Hell.. I didn't even sleep in the same bed as Lydia. I've known her for the same amount of time. We haven't kissed. I keep it short and simple with her." Sebastian rolled his eyes, snorting slightly.

"You're also in your early forties and she's in her late twenties, Gid. I mean.. Come on. Get a grip. Things change."

Alfred raised a hand, shaking his head. "That's absurd. Basic boundaries of relationships do not change. They stay the same. Cultures change." Sebastian nodded, sighing. "You're right. I'll take it slow. Trust me.. If we are to ever part ways, I'll still be getting back up. I can handle it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sayomi had woken up as the two continued to talk about Sebastian and her relationship. She understood they were young, but sometimes relationships evolved faster. The two had been through a great deal in their time together. She wondered if Sebastian felt the same way. Her eyes widened as she thought.

Maybe he thought that they were going to fast. She hadn't heard from him for what seemed like a long time. Sayomi began to wonder if she had messed up. She kicked a little, making it seem like she was just waking up. Slowly she pulled herself up out of the bed. "I think I'm going to walk to the cafe. I need to stretch. " She said nothing more and slowly pulled herself out of the room. Moving took what seemed like a long time. She didn't go to the cafe though. She went to a hidden garden. It was usually reserved for dying patients, but she had been through a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.