And So It Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alfred nodded, entering the room again and sighing softly. "Do not cry, Miss.. He will be just fine. He worries too, you know.. It's just that he shows it differently." He sat there for the longest time, his eyes looking over at the piano. "Would you mind playing me a piece?"

Gideon paced back and forth waiting on the doctor's call about Sebastian and the artificial coma. He flopped down on the couch, taking bites of the giant nacho supreme he had made. He turned on the TV, downing wine and letting the tears fall from his eyes. Sebastian wasn't supposed to die; He was supposed to be healthy. So why did he have all these health problems?

Sayomi looked at Alfred and sat at the piano. "My mom... we came here once. Just me and her. In this same place, she sung a song for my father..." She sighed as she looked over the piano. "I'm doing the same for Sebastian. A day or two before the ball, I sung him part of a song. I was going to finish it at the ball, after I found it. It was going to be a surprise.. but.. I never got the chance to.." She thought about Cassidy and how she had stolen the first dance, and how Sayomi and Sebastian only got one dance.

She put the headphones on, and turned on the computer once more. She sat down and started to play a soft melody, her soul was poured into it, as she played. She loved playing music, and she hoped that she could get the chance to play with Sebastian after he was better. When she was done, she paused the computer and stood up slowly. She wasn't giving any signs of how much pain that she was in. She looked at Alfred as she pulled out her Viola. "It's amazing how the sound of just two instruments can change a feeling. That they can turn into a full blown emotion. It's also amazing, that some scientists believe that a song that triggers a certain area of your brain can actually help with healing. It promotes your immune system, and all the technical jargen."

Sayomi raised her viola, placing a mic on the bridge. She didn't play as long on the viola, since she already had known what she was wanting it to sound like. She did two sections in the piano, unsure of which would go better with what she played. Once she was done, she lowered the viola, and put it away, wincing as she bent down. "Last part, I promise. Then a little bit of editing. Mostly putting everything togethet. Since its only me doing all of it."

She set up everything that she needed to sing, and looked to Alfred, blushing. She wasn't very good in front of people, since she never thought she was that good. She took a deep breath and let her voice go. It was soft, and smooth, with a new sounds mixed with old school. It was an odd mixture that flowed perfectly with the song. It was a short song, nothing long. But she felt that especially now was a good time for it. Once she was done, she was too embarrassed to look at Alfred, and just turned all the extra equipment off, and sat down to edit everything.

Alfred smiled, folding his old hands in his lap. "Well I should say that your piano playing is just wonderful, Ms. Chi." He opened his phone shakily, which had begun ringing. "Hello? Oh, hello Gideon. Yes.. I just gave her the note and gift. No I promise I will be back in time to check on Sebastian. Important papers? I should say I'd be honored to have that.. Alright, see you soon."

He hung up the phone, looking to Sayomi though his eyes, which were a color of lapis lazuli. "Gideon informed me that Sebastian would like me to tend to his assets while he is recovering. I will have to manage his money and how to spend it, and Gideon will be running both companies. They say his heart condition will never fully recover; It brings me sorrow to see how much pain he has been in, though he hasn't told anyone about it." He sighed, shaking his head and standing. He hugged Sayomi gently, patting her shoulder and nodding. "I shall call you personally from this hotel's phone if something is to arise."

He then left, his old body stooping slightly as he entered the elevator. "I will send the chauffeur here later on to collect the music that you pieced together for Sebastian."

Sayomi didn't bother to tell Alfred that she had gotten a new phone. She hadn't activated it yet. It was somewhere hidden in the pile of stuff that Lydia had brought to her. "I can just have one of the hotel people bring it by. There is no need to inconvenience your staff." She waved to him as he left. Thomas emerged from the master room.

"Do you ever wonder if your relationship is ever forced, Ms. Chi?" He asked Sayomi. She laughed softly as she sat down. "Thomas, you would be amazed at how much I think. I am extremely hard on myself, and I know that. So it's exceptionally hard for me to think that someone like Sebastian could like someone as bland and crazy as I am. Even after my schooling is done, I'll only be making about $240,000 a year. That's nothing to someone like him, but to us, it's exceptional. I don't think I am special. But, even if I end up getting hurt.. I cant stay hidden and scared." She looked down at her stomach as she pulled off the police jacket. "If I am brave enough to get shot, and nearly killed again because I went home alone, then I think I'm brave enough to chance getting hurt for a chance to have love." She hummed to herself as she edited the music, making sure everything lined up.

Thomas couldn't think of anything to argue with. She was a brave soul, and she had some hidden magic to her. He guessed that Sebastian could see if too. Or maybe Thomas was just slightly crazed from lack of sleep. "I do not think you are bland. Crazy, very possibly. But not bland." He stood up, and went over to the mini fridge, which wasn't that mini. He would just give her the money for anything that he ate from it. He pulled out a soda and some beef jerky, along with some chocolate. He handed her the sweets as he sat down. "This will have give the medications some stuff to eat at besides your stomach lining."

Sayomi thanked him as she took a piece out, eating it.

Gideon rushed to the hospital with Alfred as soon as he could; He had gotten a call from the doctor. They rushed in, breathing heavily from the cold air outside. "Doc.. What's going on?" The doctor sat down in one of the chairs in the waiting room, breathing out a heavy sigh. "He's in surgery now to repair his heart. He somehow awoke out of the coma and began to scream in pain. A nurse had to restrain him and we sedated him with anesthetics. He was rushed to surgery and I'm currently waiting for the surgeon to inform me of his state. He may need a heart transplant.. Everything is uncertain at this point." Gideon nodded, putting his head in his hands. Alfred spoke up, his body rigid and his shoulders tense. "How long is the recovery?" The doctor shrugged, looking over at Alfred with a frown. "It could be weeks or months. He will be on pain medication for the first three weeks. I want him to stay in the ICU for a week. He might be sleeping for a while... But everything is so rocky with his condition that it is hard to say what we're looking at right now." Gideon looked into the doctor's eyes, his body shaking from the stress.

"What exactly are the medications and requirements?" The doctor flipped open his notepad, looking down at it. "No heavy lifting. No stress of any kind. No physical activity or increased walking. I want him to be on bed rest for a week or two after being released from the hospital. I've ordered the hospital to set you guys up with a program that sends heart healthy meals to his house. A nurse will be there to help Sebastian and if there is another cardiac event she can help him until we get him to the hospital. She will be on call ten hours of the day. She will also train you on how to take care of him after this. I mean.. We're doing open heart surgery, guys.. It will take a lot out of Sebastian." Gideon nodded, looking to Alfred. "There's hope.. So how long will he be asleep?" The doctor sighed, shaking his head. "I'm not certain. The body uses sleep to try and repair whatever is wrong.. Sebastian has quite a bit wrong with him right now."

After some work, and recording the viola, she was able to get everything how she wanted it. Sayomi called up a hotel employee, instructing them on where to deliver the CD she burned. The employee said the directions back to her, then went on his way. It was up to Gideon and Alfred when they would choose to play the CD. She wasn't going to try and tell them when according to studies, was the best time to play it. She just let it be.

She started to clean up everything, trying to fight through pain and worry. Thomas helped her clean up, lifting the heavier things for her so that she didn't strain herself. Just as Sayomi sat down, Lydia barged in with two trolleys full of fabric and other random things. "We are getting started on the dress for your father's military ball. We are not waiting until the last minute again!"

Sayomi stared at everything, shaking her head. "No. I can't. Sebastian won't be well enough to go." Lydia glared at her. "I care for Sebastian, but Sayomi. This is for your father. The man that you have hardly seen the past two years. Only a handfull of times. I'm not letting you miss this." Lydia started to help unload everything along with the help. "Just use Thomas as your date. He has to come anyways."

Gideon finally finished the business calls on Sebastian's phone, rubbing his eyes and stretching. "That kid has more business for his age than I do at my own.." He shook his head, gently waking Alfred up who had fell asleep on his shoulder. "The doctor should be out soon. I hope it's good news." Alfred smiled, nodding. He dug around for his small cell phone, answering the call and thanking the person on the opposite end. "It was Julia... A package came for Sebastian from Sayomi.. It's the music piece she made him." Gideon rolled his eyes, standing up and pacing. "There's been so much hell from both ends this week.. It doesn't help that Sebastian was under stress from Sayomi and everyone else before this.. No wonder he overlooked the chest pain he was having." Alfred raised a hand, standing and hugging Gideon. "Life has dealt this unusual blow, Gideon.. No one knew and Sebastian is the type to power through pain. He knew if it was something serious to him he'd get help. Hell.. Him just being here and getting the surgery is enough for him. He's just as stubborn as his father was." Gideon grinned, nodding. "His mother and I had an affair years ago.. This was months before I became best friends with Sebastian's father.. And now it's as if she doesn't care about her son at all."

The doctor walked in, his eyes flitting to Gideon and Alfred. "The surgery was successful.. I found a couple of other places in his heart that concerned me, but I do not want to risk it. Once he's awake and out of ICU we will do more tests to see what is going on. Until then I must ask you to make sure he is under no stress what so ever. This is the most crucial part."

Gideon sent a text to Lydia, grinning.

[Gid] He had emergency open heart surgery. Fourteen hours in this hell hole. He's out now. Still in critical condition and we're waiting to see him. Talk to you later.

Lydia looked at her phone, a soft smile on her lips. She wasn't sure where the relationship between her and Gideon was, but he was at least entertaining to be around.

[Lydia] hopefully everything worked out. Don't forget to not stress yourself too much either, dear. No need for you to end up sick too.

She didn't mention that she thought that maybe the two crazy kids needed to spend time apart. Each concentrate on their own thing, and then see where they stand.

Sayomi came out in an awkward corset that covered her entire upper body. Thomas helped hold her straight as Lydia measured. "It doesn't hurt your cuts or anything does it?" Sayomi shook her head "No. It's just awkward." Lydia smiled "Welcome to beauty. I have a perfect dress in mind for you. Especially for this ceremony. Your father is receiving a great award."

Once she was done measuring, Lydia stood up and nodded to let Sayomi go and change back into comfortable clothes. Thomas helped her into the room, and then she changed into sweats and a tank top. It took her awhile before she was able to change. It was painful for her to do that much movement.

Sayomi laid on the bed, just wanting to sleep. She wanted Sebastian to be better. She buried her face in the pillow, thinking. There has to have been something she could do.

Sebastian opened his eyes, realizing that he was still in the hospital. He groaned slightly, his lips dry and his eyes fuzzy from the medication. He felt intense pain on a spot on his chest, though he paid no mind to this. His eyes drifted towards a sign that was near his bed. It read:

Hi! My name is Sebastian Black. You may call me Mr. Black or Sebastian. I'm in this ICU due to open heart surgery and other complications. Please, don't scare me or try to upset me. Right now is crucial and I need as much rest and relaxation as possible. If you need to talk to someone about me or my condition, contact my Doctor. His name is Dr. Vattan. He will guide you to my caregiver. Thanks!

Sebastian rolled his eyes as best as he could, realizing that when he last screamed it had caused his voice to go out. He pushed the nurse's button. A nurse ran in, her eyes wide. "Hello, Sebastian. My name is Alice. We're very happy that you woke up! The doctor said you might not have a voice right now.. I guess you were screaming for over two hours before the surgery." She handed him a whiteboard and dry erase marker, smiling. "This will help you communicate. What shall I get you?" Sebastian wrote down what he needed, looking over at Alice with a small frown.

Gideon and Alfred, please.

The nurse nodded, walking out of the room and shutting the door. "As you wish, Mr. Black."

After awhile of Sayomi hiding in the room, Thomas came in and lifted her up. "Come on, Ms. Chi. We are going to go across the street. There is a great sushi place and we are going. So get changed, and let's go." He stood her up, and handed her a bag. "Put this on." He smiled and left the room. She sighed and opened the bag. As she pulled out the dress, she was surprised to see how lovely it was, and thought that it had to be Lydia's doing.

Sayomi changed into the dress, and brushed her hair, trying to tame it and control the waves with Bobby pins so that they looked somewhat decent. As she walked out of the room Lydia squealed. "You were right. You were 100 percent right! It looks amazing!" Lydia looked over the dress. It was red Monroe style. It pulled and loosed where it needed to on her body.

"I feel like it's really revealing." Sayomi said as she looked down t herself. "I'm sorry, Ms. Chi. I thought if you got sort of dressed up, it might help you calm down for a little bit and feel a little better. We can take it back of course." Sayomi felt horrible for saying that she didn't feel comfortable. She looked over herself, then looked at Thomas. "No.. No.. I'm sorry. Let's go get some food. I'm starving." It had taken her a moment before finally registering that he was in some actually regular clothes. He opened the door to lead her out. Sayomi knew she couldn't stop worrying about Sebastian, but at least she could get some sushi. Then maybe try to see when she could go up to the hospital.

Gideon and Alfred quietly walked into Sebastian's room. Alfred was shaking from the cold and anxiety. Gideon was a wreck, his eyes red and his breath hitched. Gideon spotted Sebastian half asleep, his eyes narrowed as he watched the two walk in. "Seb! I'm so glad you're alright."

Sebastian waved to the two men, nodding and writing quickly on his dry erase board.

I missed you both terribly. Thank you for seeing me.

Gideon raised an eyebrow, nodding. "You're voice is out temporarily, huh?" Sebastian nodded, placing a palm gently over his chest. Gideon raised his gown, looking at the giant scar that was directly over his heart. "Seems painful. Can you feel it?"

Sebastian shook his head no, writing down on the board again.

Sayomi.. I want to see her.

Gideon shook his head, frowning slightly. "You heard the doc. No stress, Seb. That cop.. He's been around her the whole time. She's not acting like her normal self, either.. It's best if you just relax and wait to see her until you're out of critical condition."

Sebastian frowned, sighing softly. Alfred smiled, walking towards him. "She made a music piece to give you.. But the doctor said no loud music right now so you'll have to wait for that. But I'm just glad you're alright."

Sebastian grinned, nodding and laying back. His chest hurt terribly.

This damn incision is killing me.. Can you ask them for some pain medication and possibly something to drink?

Gideon nodded, standing as he sent a text to Lydia. "Will do. Be right back."

[Gid] He's awake. Critical condition but he's communicating. He lost his voice and can't speak. Let you know more later.

As Lydia's phone went off, her heart fell for Sayomi as Gideon said that he would just keep them posted. Sebastian hadn't requested to see her. She decided instead not to tell Sayomi that he was awake. She wasn't sure what to text back, but didn't want to ignore him either.

[Lydia] Thank you. Hopefully luck will shine and he doesn't need anymore surgery.

As Sayomi and Thomas entered the restaurant, it was packed. The waiter approached them, full of a spunk that Sayomi couldn't handle at that moment. "Two? Alrighty! We are a tad backed up, but will probably just be about ten minutes!" Energy seemed to ooze even from her simple words and Sayomi just wanted to break down. She turned to Thomas, pushing her poof hair from her face. "Can we just order to go? I'm sorry. I just... I don't want to be far from a phone."

After getting the food, the two entered the hotel. Lydia looked at them surprised. Sayomi just went into the room, changing back to normal clothes and laying back on the bed. It was almost time to take her medicine and she was too worried to do much. She even eat didn't any of the food they brought back.

"Thomas, what happened? You were supposed to help her get a little opened." He sighed as he flopped down on the couch, viciously eating a ninja roll, savering the spice it brought. "I tried your idea. I don't know what you thought it would achieve." He muttered through mouthfulls. "I am a stranger, only in her life for a small amount of time. All she wants is Sebastian to wake and to see him. If you can't get her to stop worrying, there is no way I can."

Lydia looked down as she got up and went to the bar, pulling out a bottle of whiskey. "He is awake. No word on him wanting to see her yet. I don't have it in me to tell her." Thomas stopped chewing, staring at her. He only chewed again after the food nearly fell from his mouth.

Sebastian sighed, writing on the board.

I need Sayomi.. I need to see her.

Gideon nodded, looking down at his phone.

[Gid] He wants to see her as soon as possible, if that's okay. He won't let up on it.. The only reason he didn't request seeing her earlier is because I told him to relax and that he needed to rest. See you guys soon.

He shut his phone, nodding. "I sent Lydia the message.. Hopefully Sayomi can make it here soon so you can see her. I'm just glad you're awake!" Alfred nodded, fidgeting with his gloves. "You've put too much stress on Gideon and I, Master Black. You must remember to get some help if you don't feel well. You're no good to us dead."

Sebastian nodded, looking over at the clock. Five thirty in the evening. He began to write again, his eyes narrowed in concentration.

What if she doesn't come? I need to see her.. I must. She needs to know what happened when I was dying.

Gideon raised an eyebrow, running a hand through his hair. "Your heart gave out, didn't it?" Sebastian nodded. His eyes felt fuzzy and he pushed the nurse button as his chest began to hurt.

I remember screaming for quite a long time.. My heart was slowly stopping. That's when I saw what looked to be Sayomi near me.. I'm sure I was hallucinating but it was so real.. She leaned down and kissed my forehead and told me to wake up when it was time. That's all I remember.

Gideon hugged Sebastian lightly, being careful to not hurt him. The nurse walked in, smiling. "Hello, Mr. Black! We're going to give you morphine and oxycodone. We weren't sure what exactly to give you since you're in critical but the doctor cleared these and we're going to set up an IV for your diabetic medication. You're not cleared to eat right now or drink since you have to wait six hours after the surgery. But we are putting fluids in the IV so you won't dehydrate. If you need to go to the bathroom please let us know. I'll send a male nurse to help you. We're keeping the monitors on for the next five days, so there's no getting out of it."

She hung the bags of pain medicine on the IV rack, letting them drip and smiling at Gideon. "Nice to meet you! If you guys need anything just let me know."

Sebastian rolled his eyes, grabbing the board again.

Please tell them to hurry.. This medicine will knock me out. I want to see her before I fall asleep.

Gideon smiled, nodding as he sent another text to Lydia.

[Gid] They put pain meds in. Strongest I've seen in quite a while. Even more strong than Sayomi's. He wants you both to hurry before he falls asleep. He doesn't want to fall asleep without seeing her."

As soon as her phone went off, she jumped and looked it. Lydia had been eating some of Sayomi's sushi. When she looked at it, she jumped up and grabbed Sayomi's medicine and some water. She went to the room, sitting Sayomi up as she handed her the medicine. "Take them, then get ready. We are going to see Sebastian."

Sayomi took the medicine, then started to try to find something that looked more presentable without being extremely uncomfortable. Lydia's phone buzzed again and grabbed Sayomi. "No changing. He was just given pain medication. He wants to see you before he falls asleep." Sayomi looked down at herself and but didn't hesitate to follow.

[Lydia] we will be right there. About to leave the hotel.

"Tom, you stay here and make sure no one gets in. There is security at the hospital." Lydia said as they left the room. As they went to the elevator, she called down to the lobby to get them a car to the hospital. Once they arrived in the lobby, they were raced out the door. They didn't wait to speed off to the hospital.

Sayomi looked down over herself. "I look horrible.. I hate that he has to see me like this." Lydia patted Sayomi's leg smiling softly. "He won't care at all. I promise." Sayomi hoped that Sebastian wouldn't be repulsed by how she looked at the moment. They reached the hospital in a matter of minutes. They got directions to his room, and a room number and rushed as fast as Sayomi was able to go.

As they approached his room, Sayomi took a deep breath, looking over herself again. She tried to control the pain and the anxiety going through her body. After what seemed like forever, Sayomi knocked on the door softly, then entered in. She was pale, and her eyes were sunken in slightly. She looked almost fragile under the sweatshirt and sweats that she had on. She looked at Sebastian, tears falling down her cheeks as a small wave of relief came over her. She smiled as she looked at him "Sebastian.."

Lydia entered the room, and stayed in the back to keep out of the way of anything.

Sebastian grinned as he watched Sayomi enter the room. He reached out to her, grabbing her hand and hugging her tightly. He grabbed the board, writing down a message to her.

I missed you, dear.

Gideon cleared his throat, looking to Sayomi. His eyes were tired and red; He looked like hell. "He lost his voice.. He's been communicating with the board until it returns."

Sebastian frowned at Gideon, looking up at Sayomi. The medicine began to make his head swim, though he strained to fight through it.

I was afraid you wouldn't come.. After all; You've been in worse of a situation than I have. Are you sure you're alright?

Gideon looked to Lydia, winking. "Uh.. Alfred.. Lydia. Let's all go get some coffee from the cafeteria." He ushered them out, leaving Sebastian and Sayomi alone.

Sebastian put a hand to Sayomi's cheek, smiling softly. He moved the blanket, showing the massive amount of stitches on his chest. He kissed her, pulling away after a moment and looking down at himself.

I'm sorry I won't be able to attend the ball.. Just make sure that you keep all the other men at bay. I couldn't bear if another person were to sweep you off your feet.

He pulled her onto the bed with him, sighing softly and resting his head against her.

Sayomi held onto him as tight as she dared, tears still falling down her cheeks. "I don't want to go without you. My dad will get some other award the next time he comes home. I haven't even seen him since I left the hospital. Lydia had to get stuff from my house for me. And of course shove pills down my throat."

She kissed his shoulder as she held onto him. "I hope that everything went good enough that you don't need any more surgery. I'll do everything and anything I can do to help. Though, something tells me Gideon and Alfred will try to keep me away as much as possible."

After looking him over, Sayomi could see the drugs slowly taking over Sebastian. "I love you, Sebastian. I would do anything to help you."

Sebastian frowned, looking over at the door.

Gideon is just concerned that things are getting too serious with us too fast.. I assured them I'll be fine. But you must go to that ball. I won't take no for an answer. Besides.. Gideon and Alfred both know how much I love you. They aren't trying to keep you away.. They just don't want me under stress right now. I'm not sure about surgery. I'm in critical and they won't let me leave here for a week.

He kissed her hand, looking up at her with a grin. He knew Sayomi was upset; But of what? He couldn't place his finger on it, but it seemed that she was upset with something that Gideon and Alfred had done.

He decided to ask, looking over at her slowly. She looked like hell; He imagined that he looked better than her, though he knew not to say this out loud. Women were prone to getting upset easily when they were hurt.

Why do you think Gideon and Alfred would try to keep you away?

Despite the small amount of room on the bed, Sayomi was comfortable. She could feel sleep pulling on her eyelids. She was with Sebastian, and he was holding her. She couldn't think of a better place to be. "I don't want to go without you. He will understand, love. There will be more. I want to be with you, and help you."

She looked at the board as Sebastian asked why she thought that Gideon and Alfred wanted her to stay away. "Sometimes it's just the way that they look at me. It sounds silly. But honestly, even if it wasn't my mind playing tricks... I wouldn't blame them. I haven't been exactly the best girlfriend." She squeezed him softly, not sure how much longer he could resist sleeping.

"I'm so sorry for everything that I have put you through. I crumbled under the pressure, being Sebastian Black's girlfriend. But you never left. you never stoped caring through everything that we went through together. I have no reason to be afraid of the stress." She kissed his cheek softly, then closed her eyes for a moment as she laid with him.

Sebastian shook his head, looking over at Sayomi.

If you do not go on your own; I'll make sure Lydia or your father makes you go.

He rested his head against hers, falling asleep quickly.

Gideon sat in the cafeteria with Alfred and Lydia, buying another cup of coffee for all of them. "I worry so much about Sebastian.. How do you do it, Lydia?" Alfred smiled slightly, looking over at Lydia. "I'd say she does it the only way a friend can.. She worries from a distance. She doesn't try to overstep boundaries. I must do the same with Sebastian." Gideon rolled his eyes, looking over at Lydia. "I'm sorry if my texts came off as rude.. I just don't want either of them hurt."

Sayomi thought for a little bit, as Sebastian slept. She wondered why he pushed so hard for her to go. Before long, her eyes closed and she fell to sleep also.

Lydia looked between Gideon and Alfred. "Alfred is right. All one can do is stand back and let it happen" She placed her hand on top of Gideon's as she looked at him. "It's just like any relationship. If people are involved, It only causes more issues. If a relationship isn't meant to be, it will break on its own. But sometimes, relationships meant to last are broken from outside help." Lydia sat back sipping from the coffee, careful not to burn her tongue. "I know you mean well, darling, but you must be careful. They what you want most is bound to happen. So if you want them apart, and keep trying for it, it will happen."

Status
Not open for further replies.