An Iwaku GW2 Guild!?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the problem. I play games for enjoyment, not to complete them. Characters get deleted when they're boring. Jumping puzzles get skipped. Events with large groups of people are avoided. Stress is minimized, enjoyment is maximized, and when I play again after a couple of months I'll just delete everything and start over.

I like competing. Pvp is fun if you have the right people, and completing quests is fun when I have time. I am glad I get to be a part of such a nice guild

I don't see the problem. I play games for enjoyment, not to complete them. Characters get deleted when they're boring. Jumping puzzles get skipped. Events with large groups of people are avoided. Stress is minimized, enjoyment is maximized, and when I play again after a couple of months I'll just delete everything and start over.

That's the fun thing about most games like this, really. There's no "right way" to do them. Just go out and have fun.

With that said, some folks want 100 percent map completion. You do receive additional rewards for finding your way to those hard to reach vistas, those seemingly impossible to find points of interest, or that one heart you can never seem to finish. You also receive decent rewards for completing those jumping puzzles -- no matter how ridiculous they seem to be.

That is largely why I don't PvP. I don't enjoy it. I may pick it up at some point or another, as it's the only way you can craft a legendary precursor weapon (as opposed to finding one or buying one). For now, I'm just enjoying jumping from place to place.

I accidentally stumbled into some jumping puzzles last night. They were quite enjoyable, and I got a few chests.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Add me to the guild! AliceHayes.9526

@Kehvarl

I know you're not interested in end-game content, but map completion is necessary in order to craft the best weapons in the game. Map completion provides you with two Gifts of Exploration, which are a primary component involved in crafting legendaries.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi hopefully someone has added you by now! If not, I'll add you to the guild later tonight! ^^

Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
  • Love
Since I don't progress beyond level 25 or in extreme cases 30, weapon crafting isn't really a concern for me. So map completion continues to be just a painful grind with no payoff. I only play for fun, and don't care about content or stories or hard to acquire content

@Kehvarl

Troublesome Husband.

However, I do enjoy map completion!

Jumping puzzles are my bane. :< I play a lot of short characters so when I suddenly get a tall character it's like 'jkdfjgjfjWAAAAh'.

I've got to say, my Asura is a delightful little thing to play.

• Love
Reactions: Turtle of Doom
I've got to say, my Asura is a delightful little thing to play.
Did a fractal where I was transformed into an Asura. It's amazing and my next character will be Asura. (Well... actually still doing said fractal...I'm just lurking here while people are changing skills...)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Vistas take patience and timing your jumps just right. They also involve not accidentally double tapping a direction key.

Some vistas are designed so that you can only get to them one way, to the point where the developers have put up invisible walls to impede your progress. Others are a part of jumping puzzles.

I did my first map completion with a Charr. I know your pains. Just don't give up. If something gives you a problem, come back to it another time. You might be surprised at how a little time away from something can offer you a whole new perspective.
Or you just scream at the Game like you're Pewdiepie.

That's what I've done on multiple jumping puzzles... and it bizarrely works. XD
Probably something about me getting excited so I'm on my toes more/have faster reflexes or something.
I don't know.

d00.png

@Kehvarl

I know you're not interested in end-game content, but map completion is necessary in order to craft the best weapons in the game. Map completion provides you with two Gifts of Exploration, which are a primary component involved in crafting legendaries.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi hopefully someone has added you by now! If not, I'll add you to the guild later tonight! ^^
Or gather about 3000 Gold and buy it in the market place. :P

My ultimate goal is to start mysteries with my char soon. I am at about level 32. ;-;

Mysteries? Or Masteries?

As far as I know, the Mastery system isn't available until you hit 80.

Mysteries? Or Masteries?

Yes, that is what I meant, and that is my goal.

I blame my phone for that awful autocorrect

Was I added or do I need to do something? I want to represent the guild on one of my characters but I don't see Iwaku's guild on the list

Mysteries? Or Masteries?

You not only have to hit 80, but you also have to complete the first two missions of the Heart of Thorns living story :)

On another note, Fatal, did you perhaps see the Skype message I left you a few days ago? Just curious.

Was I added or do I need to do something? I want to represent the guild on one of my characters but I don't see Iwaku's guild on the list
You were just added now. Just accept the invite, and welcome to the guild!

• Thank You
o hai gais i just found this thingy.

I'M DOWNLOADING/INSTALLING GUILD WARS 2 FINALLY HALP WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT HOW DO I JOIN YOU GAIS CAN I PLAY A CHARR ENGINEER?

o hai gais i just found this thingy.

I'M DOWNLOADING/INSTALLING GUILD WARS 2 FINALLY HALP WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT HOW DO I JOIN YOU GAIS CAN I PLAY A CHARR ENGINEER?
Expect a lot of downloading. If you don't have super good internet, expect about an hour. Maybe more. And you can play anyone you want. Up to you

Status
Not open for further replies.