An Iwaku GW2 Guild!?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect a lot of downloading. If you don't have super good internet, expect about an hour. Maybe more. And you can play anyone you want. Up to you
Yeah, I've been downloading at 3-4 Mbps for the better part of an hour now, maybe a tad more, and I'm only at 71%.

Just wanted to make sure like, Charr weren't PvP tagged versus Humans, or anything like that. Also, what server is everyone on? Dark-something-there-other?

DAMNIT, NOW I DUNNO WHAT TO PLAY.

I'm currently on a break from this game because despite HoT finally coming out, I still just can't get back into it. However, I'd still like to be added to the guild if possible, for when I do come on and play! My tag is kettering.6823. Mostly I have Sylvari. So many Sylvari. D:

@Seiji
nah the only race conflicts are lore specific, nothing to do with the actual gameplay! I'm on Tarnished Coast, but with megaservers the only thing home servers count for is WvW, really. You can still play with friends regardless of what server they are on. :D

Yeah, I've been downloading at 3-4 Mbps for the better part of an hour now, maybe a tad more, and I'm only at 71%.

Just wanted to make sure like, Charr weren't PvP tagged versus Humans, or anything like that. Also, what server is everyone on? Dark-something-there-other?

I was stupid enough to try and load the game on my laptop in the one room of the house with like zero Internet. It took me like 4 hours to get halfway

Like it was said before, because of megaservers it doesn't really matter which Home server you choose. You can guest on any server your party is already on. That being said, I believe most people are playing on Dark Haven. (I am not, so I could be wrong)

Also, I have one character of each race. It's just a matter of preference. :)

As long as you pick an American based server you should be fine.

MAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN...

So I'm going through the wiki to figure out what I want to play, and I'm seeing what's called "Elite Specializations." These look freakin' BADASS, especially the Druid and the Daredevil (for me, anyways). I'm like, "OH SHIT FUCK YEAR I'LL PLAY A RANGER/THIEF TO GET ONE OF THOSE!"

Then I see I need the expansion.

A fucking $50 expansion.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

If they'd let me upgrade from "I already bought the game!" status for like, $20-30, sure. But I gotta buy the game again AND the expansion?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU-

So I'm going through the wiki to figure out what I want to play, and I'm seeing what's called "Elite Specializations." These look freakin' BADASS, especially the Druid and the Daredevil (for me, anyways). I'm like, "OH SHIT FUCK YEAR I'LL PLAY A RANGER/THIEF TO GET ONE OF THOSE!"

A fucking $50 expansion.

If they'd let me upgrade from "I already bought the game!" status for like, $20-30, sure. But I gotta buy the game again AND the expansion?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU-
Wait a bit. Best cool thingb it adds before level 80 is a new class

A fucking $50 expansion.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU-
When did you buy the game? D: If you bought it recently, I'm pretty sure you should have the HoT expansion already, since they stopped selling just the base game about a month or two ago.

When did you buy the game? D: If you bought it recently, I'm pretty sure you should have the HoT expansion already, since they stopped selling just the base game about a month or two ago.
Um... 2 years ago? >>;;

As soon as I bought it, my friends stopped playing, and I went, "Fuckit" 'cause I was almost-immediately gifted a copy of Final Fantasy XIV.

Which is amazing, btw.

Balmung server.

I have like, 7 levels 50+'s (no 60's yet woops).

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU-

Um, nobody has to buy the basic game anymore. It's free. You can do your thing and get to 80 and hang out around Tyria doing all the Tyria stuff. HoT provides elite specializations, and access to the new areas.

Um, nobody has to buy the basic game anymore. It's free. You can do your thing and get to 80 and hang out around Tyria doing all the Tyria stuff. HoT provides elite specializations, and access to the new areas.
Nono, I mean like, when I clicked to upgrade my account, the basic/lowest cost for the expansion was $50, which according to the website, provided a serial code for the base game AND HoT. So I was like, "do not need."

Aw damn, yeah, that'd do it. I was pretty grumpy about having to pay $50 for an upgrade, too (especially because the Canadian exchange rate sucks donkey balls right now, ouch.) I say just try the game out as it is for now, and if you like it, then consider getting the expac! I'm sure it will go on sale at some point in the future, too. ANet likes their sales. @Seiji

Aw damn, yeah, that'd do it. I was pretty grumpy about having to pay $50 for an upgrade, too (especially because the Canadian exchange rate sucks donkey balls right now, ouch.) I say just try the game out as it is for now, and if you like it, then consider getting the expac! I'm sure it will go on sale at some point in the future, too. ANet likes their sales. @Seiji
Coolbeans. Sounds like the proper plan!

What do you main? I generally like to cater my main to the folks I'm playing with, with a little bit of what I'd prefer on top of it. Like, if Iwaku!guild needs a dedicated tank, or healer, I'm on top of it. (I used to be really shy/self-conscious about tanking, but I've gotten better at it.) I generally end up playing support-DPS, 'cause... I like to support. :D

The argument's already been made. Arenanet has already responded. If you don't want to pay $50 for the expansion... don't get it.

I don't have any intention in grinding up to level 80 anyway, so there's literally nothing for me in the new expansion aside from a class that I don't find appealing. Which at least saves me some money, right?

GW2 doesn't really have a trifecta like other MMOs, so there aren't strict tank, healer or DPS roles. In fact, the most efficient (I'm talking speed) way of clearing dungeons is 5 high DPS characters. I mentioned before that I haven't reaaally played for a couple of months, so maybe that's changed by now, but I doubt it. PvP is a bit more complicated, but it's not my area of expertise so I can't really give pointers there. That being said, I don't give too many fucks about the meta unless I am trying to speed clear, so play whatever you want to play. Tankier/healing builds can be really sweet. I haven't tried Druid yet, but I'm curious to see how it changes dungeon runs. Dem heals tho.

I guess my 'main' is my Guardian, who I mainly play bunker in PvP (warning: I am shit at PvP) and standard DPS for PvE. I say 'I guess' because I have 15 characters, many of which I play equally, but she has the legendary scepter and map completion and all that shit so she qualifies as 'technical main character' haha. I also play Ranger a lot. :-D I'm glad they changed how condition damage works in PvE because she is shortbow/axe+torch and I love me that poison and burn damage. Uhh, after that, I guess Necromancer! Apparently I just love all the classes that everyone else hates, bar Guardian. Awright. @Seiji

@Kehvarl I don't think anyone is arguing, dude! I don't find getting to level 80 on your first character is a grind, personally. The fifteenth, though... ugh.

GW2 doesn't really have a trifecta like other MMOs, so there aren't strict tank, healer or DPS roles. In fact, the most efficient (I'm talking speed) way of clearing dungeons is 5 high DPS characters. I mentioned before that I haven't reaaally played for a couple of months, so maybe that's changed by now, but I doubt it. PvP is a bit more complicated, but it's not my area of expertise so I can't really give pointers there. That being said, I don't give too many fucks about the meta unless I am trying to speed clear, so play whatever you want to play. Tankier/healing builds can be really sweet. I haven't tried Druid yet, but I'm curious to see how it changes dungeon runs. Dem heals tho.

I guess my 'main' is my Guardian, who I mainly play bunker in PvP (warning: I am shit at PvP) and standard DPS for PvE. I say 'I guess' because I have 15 characters, many of which I play equally, but she has the legendary scepter and map completion and all that shit so she qualifies as 'technical main character' haha. I also play Ranger a lot. :-D I'm glad they changed how condition damage works in PvE because she is shortbow/axe+torch and I love me that poison and burn damage. Uhh, after that, I guess Necromancer! Apparently I just love all the classes that everyone else hates, bar Guardian. Awright. @Seiji

@Kehvarl I don't think anyone is arguing, dude! I don't find getting to level 80 on your first character is a grind, personally. The fifteenth, though... ugh.
My main is a ranger, and Char because I am a sucker for things like cats. I have a bunch of low levels and then my level 40 char

My main is a ranger, and Char because I am a sucker for things like cats. I have a bunch of low levels and then my level 40 char
I haaave...

6 female sylvari (1 guardian, 1 warrior, 1 ranger, 1 necro, 1 mesmer, 1 thief)
4 female humans (1 elementalist, 1 mesmer, 1 necro, 1 ranger)
2 male humans (1 necro, 1 mesmer)
2 female asura (1 warrior, 1 elementalist)
... aaand 1 female norn (engineer)

:-D I'm likely going to be deleting one of those female humans, as she was kind of a novelty character. I have "Alice in Cuddleland" as one of my mesmers, so I wanted to make a necro named "Alice in Horrorland." The novelty wore off quickly, haha. I've tried making Charrs, but I just can't do it. I made one long enough to complete the Charr story achievements, and that was it. My revenant will be a female norn. ... I think I'll do that now.

I haaave...

6 female sylvari (1 guardian, 1 warrior, 1 ranger, 1 necro, 1 mesmer, 1 thief)
4 female humans (1 elementalist, 1 mesmer, 1 necro, 1 ranger)
2 male humans (1 necro, 1 mesmer)
2 female asura (1 warrior, 1 elementalist)
... aaand 1 female norn (engineer)

:-D I'm likely going to be deleting one of those female humans, as she was kind of a novelty character. I have "Alice in Cuddleland" as one of my mesmers, so I wanted to make a necro named "Alice in Horrorland." The novelty wore off quickly, haha. I've tried making Charrs, but I just can't do it. I made one long enough to complete the Charr story achievements, and that was it. My revenant will be a female norn. ... I think I'll do that now.
Hehehehe.

"I haven't played in a few months..."

15 minutes of discussion later:

"GOING TO MAKE A NEW CHARACTER. 8D"

Hehehehe.

"I haven't played in a few months..."

15 minutes of discussion later:

"GOING TO MAKE A NEW CHARACTER. 8D"
*gross crying*

DON'T JUDGE ME AND MY REVENANT 8'(

2AgOHLb.png

*gross crying*

DON'T JUDGE ME AND MY REVENANT 8'(

2AgOHLb.png
She's so preeeeeettyyyy. :O

UGH I NEED TO MAKE A CHARACTER.

*goes to finally roll a Norn Guardian for PAULDRONSPAULDRONSPAULDRONSPAULDRONS*

EDIT: omg I can make him fat BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.