An Iwaku GW2 Guild!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still on my to-do list to add IceQueen and @Maniacal Magpie! I didn't get an opportunity to log in yesterday but will do so soon.

Also, @Dawn and @Tribs and I think a few others have been made officers so technically they can invite people as well!

First time in a real guild where I get to do things. :D It's a learning experience.
Also just so everyone knows that I go to bed somewhere between midnight and one my time and it's best to catch me earlier than that if you wanna play with me. That would be like ... a two hour difference so between two and three server time. For now anyway, soon the rest of the states will be doing that silly time thing but Arizona doesn't so there.

I don't usually play unless its Wednesday or the weekend, or I have extra time

First time in a real guild where I get to do things. :D It's a learning experience.
Also just so everyone knows that I go to bed somewhere between midnight and one my time and it's best to catch me earlier than that if you wanna play with me. That would be like ... a two hour difference so between two and three server time. For now anyway, soon the rest of the states will be doing that silly time thing but Arizona doesn't so there.
So you can still play atm? :P

So I am downloading the game again. How abouts do I hook up with you fine people for several regretful nights?

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
How abouts do I hook up with you fine people for several regretful nights?
I see Gwazi was helpful as usual. >:|

The bulk of people are on the Darkhaven server. If you did not purchase the game prior to its Free-to-play days. you will be unable to transfer or guest on that server until you purchase the expansion. For free-to-play accounts, purchasing has a lot of benefits, as it removes practically every account limitation you have (such as being unable to use the Asura portals prior to level 35).

There are supposedly other ways in which we should be able to team up with each other for the purpose of giving world bosses a good old fashioned ass kicking, but I've never really had an opportunity to try it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dervish
Wait what do you mean use... Oh. Seem's I misread Dervish's post as an offer rather than a question. :/

Sorry Dervish! :(

Though I recall hearing something about people in the same Guild being able to do something like server hop with each other.
I'm not sure how that works exactly though.

I've been enjoying the game a lot, I'm hooked.

Since the giant server thing... months ago? Anyway. The server tries to put you where your guildies are and where your party members are. If Dawn and I have been shuttled to different server maps, I form a party with her and then log out and log back OR I can click on her name in the party thingy up top and click on 'Join in -whereever-'. It'll pop me over to her with no big deal. Sometimes I don't have the option but I've not figured out why I do sometimes and why I don't sometimes...

My computer smells of hot electronics. I am paranoid and not going to start GW2 today probably. T^T No matter how much I want to.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I bought the game 3 years ago according to my account, so free to play shenanigans is a non-issue. :D
I received it as a gift from two very wonderful people almost three years ago. <3 @Tribs and @Kehvarl

If all looks right, I might have enough money to pre-purchase the expansion this week.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I am crossing my fingers that I get the expansion for my birthday in a month, if I just can't bear to wait, I'm using my own dinero

Just a heads up...

With the launch of the new expansion today, there is a new patch. A new and very large patch. Might I recommend to everyone that it'd be in your best interests to launch the launcher first thing in the morning, then go about your day. There's a lot to download, and depending on your internet connection, this could take a while.

See you guys on the other side!

Oh joy, a big patch. I will have to start it sometime tomorrow afternoon due to, school. uggh

Status
Not open for further replies.