American Paragons

• Thread starter BrattyCommissar
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Would you be okay with this RP having a heavy tie to collab posts through Google Docs?

• Maybe. I am fine if others use it, but I won't if I will not penalized for not using it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. Google Docs does not work for me, but I am fine if others use it still.

• No! But I would be open to some other platform for collabs.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this has great potential as a between mission scheme. :)

I could totally see some of the spoiled rich kids putting it together and taking advantage of the poor saps they'd get to fight.

So the IC is technically typed up and ready, and I am just waiting on @Hillan to make the desired changes and be accepted before posting it.

However, if they're busy and can't before tomorrow ends, then I'll post the IC tomorrow and it'll be fine. Their spot will continue to be reserved for them to complete.

Fine by me, I'm not in a rush, although I am of course very excited.

Likewise, Iben.

Same as Iben. With finals starting, I'm stretched thin, but I have a spot in my calendar etched out specifically for this RP. So tomorrow is definitely fine, but I likely won't be the first person posting. :kiwibird: I thought the kiwi, being the patron bird of enthusiasm, would be an appropriate indicator.

I'mma actually have to butt out. Sorry for that, and best of luck.

Pfffff. Someone posted OOC in the IC.

Pfffff. Someone posted OOC in the IC.

I've mentioned the mistake to them. I believe they may just be unfamiliar with the forum's structure.

I don't know how to go about removing the post, though. I'll leave that to Elendra.

Well posted.

Hopefully how Matthew acts isn't too unbelievable.

I'll try to write something up tonight or tomorrow, though I'll admit I may be a bit distracted for a couple of days, since I'll be hanging out with a friend.

Nice first posts Elendra, and Zombehs. I'm working on my post now, so I should have that up soon or by tonight!

Got my post up this morning before sleeps, noticed mention of it in the next one. Even if only small note, I enjoy it when small things aren't ignored. Also enjoyed the small bit of lore I assume was thought up on the spot, about the "Golden Sun". I like your writing style, Valhalla, and if those are any indication into your future content, I feel like I'm going to enjoy reading your posts in this roleplay.

Similarly, I was admittedly just skimming because it didn't directly relate to my character's current story, but I noticed Zombehs made note of another character's reputation and found that to be fantastic. Things like that make the setting feel more immersive.

By the way, made one or two tiny edits to my post since I put it up and cropped the character picture a bit. Just felt like making note of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valhalla
By the way, if anyone in 1b—or 1a and 1c, I guess, if you can somehow justify it—wants dialogue from my character or otherwise would like to collab, I am very much open to it. Simply send me a PM, and we can figure it out.

(Also, just because Ariett is bossy doesn't mean I am, worry not. ;)

Got my post up this morning before sleeps, noticed mention of it in the next one. Even if only small note, I enjoy it when small things aren't ignored. Also enjoyed the small bit of lore I assume was thought up on the spot, about the "Golden Sun". I like your writing style, Valhalla, and if those are any indication into your future content, I feel like I'm going to enjoy reading your posts in this roleplay.
Thanks man! I'm also really glad my "Golden Sun" bits didn't sound too unbelievable. I've been itching to write some superhero lore, so I'll probably throw him and maybe a few others in a little later too. c:

Anna is also open to any interaction, although with my recent post she might be prioritized for a bit.

Also, Elendra, I wanted talk to you a bit about Anna's power. Her psychometry, while really cool in theory turned out to be a little difficult then I expected, so I was wondering how you wanted to go about my character receiving information from NPC's? I don't want to meta, or drift off what you have in mind for the story, so I was just wondering as to avoid any awkward situations in the future.

By the way, if anyone in 1b—or 1a and 1c, I guess, if you can somehow justify it—wants dialogue from my character or otherwise would like to collab, I am very much open to it. Simply send me a PM, and we can figure it out.

(Also, just because Ariett is bossy doesn't mean I am, worry not. ;)
Same here, it might be useful when we get to the actioney stuff.

Edit: Posted.

Okay so first off, glad to see posts coming in. I haven't actually read them, because...

So I got sick (or woke up sick) the morning after I stayed up too late and posted the IC the first time. I'm still not great, but I think I'm getting over it now. Weeeee

So, I'm going to be in NO PARTICULAR ORDER going through things and responding where needed (not IC, waiting on more posts but I think we have a good speed really... a post every week or so at the length being put in is acceptable ESPECIALLY with the holiday/exams/whateverelse)

But I already see something above as I type this, so

@Valhalla

If ever you use a power that would give you information that you don't already know as a player, then you've got two options on how you want to do it. You could contact me while you're writing the post where you get the information, and I give you it in PMs, OR you could have your post end near / around you using the power that would get you it, and then I would just include that information in the next GM post or PM you it so you can edit it in or include it in your next at your leisure.

Basically, in either case, just poke me and go "So what do I learn?" and I'll be more than glad to fill you in, or just include it in your post, and you'll get the information regardless! The poking just gets you it sooner, and give you the ability to keep some secret if you ever want it to be.

... I have skimmed the posts for anything that would contradict the narrative or setting or anything like that in a way that demands addressing. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... sorta kinda but not really? I'll address specific concerns with people in private, but there's really not many that I gleaned from a first glance.

Why not read them all right now? Because it's 1AM and I should be sleeping :D

That said, thank you to those of you who have already posted! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.