American Paragons

• Thread starter BrattyCommissar
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Would you be okay with this RP having a heavy tie to collab posts through Google Docs?

• Maybe. I am fine if others use it, but I won't if I will not penalized for not using it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. Google Docs does not work for me, but I am fine if others use it still.

• No! But I would be open to some other platform for collabs.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Valhalla - Likewise, feel free to have Annalicia approach my own character at any time.. I mean, so long as the situation allows for that sort of thing. I don't expect they'd be able to chat it up very well in the middle of a brawl.

Then again, if it was deemed important enough I suppose he could just cover himself head to toe in the shiny rock stuff and have her hide behind him or something.

Actually, I feel like in roleplaying it should pretty much go without saying, but anyone with an urge to have their character interact with mine doesn't need to ask me about it ahead of time. If you'd rather collaborate than post back and forth, go ahead and PM me and we'll work on something there, or over Google Docs (Since @Elendra helped me to find out it will in fact work on my phone).

Also, Valhalla, if you ever want to read Andy's mind without having to work out a full collaborative piece, just PM with what specific memories or thoughts Anna would be delving into.

Huh. I stopped getting alerts for this thread before the IC went up. Glad I decided to check up on it manually.

Gonna put a post together as soon as I can get into the proper arrogant douche mindset to write Druid. :D

Huh. I stopped getting alerts for this thread before the IC went up. Glad I decided to check up on it manually.

Gonna put a post together as soon as I can get into the proper arrogant douche mindset to write Druid. :D
Wait

You're not always in the arrogant douche mindset?

<3

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Wait

You're not always in the arrogant douche mindset?

<3
Well yeah, but there are different flavors of arrogant douche. There's my comedic and kind of hammy version, there's the pretentious snob kind (Druid's version), there's the jock and/or fraternity bro kind of arrogant douche, and more. Arrogant douches are actually a fairly complex subculture, but of course I wouldn't expect an outsider to know that.

Oh hey, that sounded pretty pretentious. I'm getting into the right groove already. Time to write!

"Those guys hurting the environment sure are dicks" *Tosses garbage over his shoulder*

I think I'm going to like this guy.

Reactions: Jorick
I'm glad someone caught that. Byron is a hypocritical douche. :D

I am quite excited for the moment when Charlotte approaches Byron with a "he's one of my kind" attitude, only to realize that she's the idealistic, pampered sort of spoiled and that he's the pretentious douchefaucet variety. She'll be so crushed.

Ah, rich kids. Either you're a goody goody with few real problems, or a colossal douche with a sense of entitlement. Being born into a lavish lifestyle pretty much ensures the less fortunate are going to dislike you. In many cases, those of the same wealth as well, considering they're like to be the same way as you and rub you the wrong way.

Being born into a lavish lifestyle pretty much ensures the less fortunate are going to dislike you. In many cases, those of the same wealth as well, considering they're like to be the same way as you and rub you the wrong way.
If I recall correctly, most Americans tend to self-report that they are Middle Class regardless of their actual socioeconomic status, in part because the prevalent culture in general is still focused on the American Dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
True enough. Still though, one can usually smell a spoiled rich kid from a mile away and, though the money they throw around makes for a fine detergent, their particular scent is generally unappealing.. In most cases.

Haha, yes, habitus often comes back to bite you in the ass if you try to fit in with a group you don't really belong to.

Yessir. Heh, I fully expect issues between a good few characters in this, some more than others. I don't expect the punkish manual laborer will have many nice things to say about the arrogant activist.

Will post in this either tonight or tomorrow in this. I've just been blagh, a bit all over the place lately and haven't found the time to just sit down and actually draft out a post for this character yet. I will most definitely get my ass on this, though.

This time of year is usually busy for most people, I somehow managed to sneak in 5 hours of sleep in the middle to the day though, so I am golden now. :)

Fun posts from everyone all around, keen to see some more great stuff.

I've messaged those who haven't posted yet, and hope to be able to work with them to get a post in from them before Monday, so I can try to get one up then, or at least before Christmas at the latest!

Great, I'm on the road a bit before and after Christmas, so no hurrying from me, but it's nice to see things are in motion.

Great, I'm on the road a bit before and after Christmas, so no hurrying from me, but it's nice to see things are in motion.
Same! Come the 20th I won't be home, and won't be back until the 5th of Jan. But I'll still have internet for the most part, so I'll try to keep prodding this thing along :)

I'm in no way wanting to rush anyone either, but I am feeling a little impatient lol. I can't help feeling like that when I get excited for a roleplay. I just love the premise, the characters, the potential for main and side stories.

Druid sounds like he'll be an amusing character, to me. I want to see him try to get along with Novak.

Druid sounds like he'll be an amusing character, to me. I want to see him try to get along with Novak.
Druid doesn't actually try to get along with anyone. They either bow to his obvious superiority or they're an uppity peasant who needs to learn their place. :D

Definitely looking forward to the next update! Not in any rush either, work's been breaking my back lately thanks to the holidays, but that should change once Christmas is over. q u q Still looking forward to seeing how this all turns out, and where our characters end up though!

Since I've had a little time on my hands, and just to get the OOC going a little bit, I've been trying to determine some theme music for Anna and I think I've got a pretty nice list going;

main theme song: x
general theme: x
action/suspense theme: x
sad/tragedy theme: x
and romance/confession theme cause why the hell not: x

It was also fun to think of my characters personal music style considering the plot is set in the 90's. So I can totally imagine Anna listening to like late 80's and early 90's grunge--Like Nirvana, early Offpsrings, and Pink Floyd. Her time in New York while studying dance also opened her eyes to rap, and hip-hop so bands like A Tribe called Quest, Nas, and Snoop Dogg are within her interest. However she has always been heavily influenced by 70's, and 60s music thanks to her parents. Her mother rubbing off on her and giving her interests in bands like Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, and Queen. While her father was more into older bands like The Temptations, and Bee Gees, and Elvis.

@Valhalla

If ever you use a power that would give you information that you don't already know as a player, then you've got two options on how you want to do it. You could contact me while you're writing the post where you get the information, and I give you it in PMs, OR you could have your post end near / around you using the power that would get you it, and then I would just include that information in the next GM post or PM you it so you can edit it in or include it in your next at your leisure.

Basically, in either case, just poke me and go "So what do I learn?" and I'll be more than glad to fill you in, or just include it in your post, and you'll get the information regardless! The poking just gets you it sooner, and give you the ability to keep some secret if you ever want it to be.
Meant to reply to this a while ago, sorry! @.@
I'm definitely liking the latter among the options, but the first option also sounds good! Depending on what's happening and how I'm feeling about the post I'll probably skip back and forth amongst both, but I'll be sure to give you a poke whenever Anna uses her psychometry!

@Valhalla - Likewise, feel free to have Annalicia approach my own character at any time.. I mean, so long as the situation allows for that sort of thing. I don't expect they'd be able to chat it up very well in the middle of a brawl.

Then again, if it was deemed important enough I suppose he could just cover himself head to toe in the shiny rock stuff and have her hide behind him or something.
Meant to reply to this a while ago, as well. ; - ;
I'll probably have Anna approach Andrew once things have settled down, or after any conflicts have ceased. I'm eager for her to start talking to other members of the task force.

Also, Valhalla, if you ever want to read Andy's mind without having to work out a full collaborative piece, just PM with what specific memories or thoughts Anna would be delving into.
Like I've worked out with Elendra, whatever Anna gains from reading Andrew's mind, or anyone's for that matter, is all up to you! If you'd like she can dig deep and find memories of his childhood, or even experience recent events like the blast from his perspective. All up to you, and where you'd like to take the conversation. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.