American Paragons

• Thread starter BrattyCommissar
  • Start date

Would you be okay with this RP having a heavy tie to collab posts through Google Docs?

• Maybe. I am fine if others use it, but I won't if I will not penalized for not using it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. Google Docs does not work for me, but I am fine if others use it still.

• No! But I would be open to some other platform for collabs.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, sorry, it was the opposite, at least I think before he was listed for Mission 1A, but as you quoted he should be in Mission 1B.

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Holmishire
Great, you mention you need a co-GM if more players will join and you suddenly get a bunch of people applying.

Given that most of them are good, I think I may open this up for another... up to... some other number of players. 15 or 16.

Reactions: Iben
May I suggest that you choose based on who offers you the most chocolate or gold or other valuable resources?

This also means I'll be adding a THIRD mission at the very least. So you may want to reevaluate which mission you're on when the new one comes out.

Oh my.

I'll be keeping my eye on my email for an update then. :)

There still room in this?
@Hillan

At the time of your original asking, there was not.

However, a selection of interested parties have decided to take up the mantle of "People who poke the GM with a stick so she keeps the RP going" or "Vice-GM" for short.

After conferring with said parties, the player cap has increased to 15 for now. I know, a huge jump, but still!

All right. Sounds pretty good. I only read the interest check, I assume there's plenty of new information added in the OOC.

All right. Sounds pretty good. I only read the interest check, I assume there's plenty of new information added in the OOC.

The most important bit I believe is actually a link to a post in the OOC for lore stuff. Mechanics itself is in the OOC's OP, along with the first two of the first three missions. Speaking of, I actually know what the third of these missions is going to be, and have begun typing it up.

Could you perhaps gimme that link, I don't feel like going diving for it.

Alias: Pistelero
Name: Hugo Alevado
Sex: Male
Appearance:
JNPnVb6.png

Hugo stands at 5'8 tall, with a rather fit, somewhat bulky body. He would be considered somewhat handsome by traditional, western standards if he decided to loose the extra kilos. He has long, straight black hair and brown eyes. His facial features aren't sharp, but instead slightly soft, pudgy even.
His casual clothes consist mainly of band T-shirts, ripped jeans and a the typical "Metal head" assemble of wrist bracers, leather cuffs and other painfully obvious things. He doesn't really pull the style of very well either, he just looks to nice and unthreatening.

The Pisteloro wears a rather typical, old western bandido motif. The sombrero with a skull emblem, the poncho and the rest of his clothes are all fashioned out of sturdy materials. Not kevlar, but sturdy enough for a life of running around shooting at things.

Biography: Hugo was born in a small, lower middle class neighborhood. His family was doing allright, even if his father worked to two jobs due to his mother being home sick for a few months after a a accident at work. They were happy family, with Hugo as the only child. His parents were mainly busy either rehabilitating or working, and Hugos best friend became the tv. Hugo was obsessed with old Mexican western movies that his dad bought him. His idols were the brash and quick witted Pisteleros with their quick draw duels and charisma.

In fact, his family had roots in the settlers of Mexico. And his dad had a pair of guns, gorgeous pieces made by a gunsmith during the wild west era. They were the family heirlooms, and a source of pride for his father. The two bonded over their love for the old western movies, and Hugo never forgot his time as kid, watching the heroic pisteleros fight bandits and corrupt statesmen. Something his father fondly reminded him was needed back on the other side of the border. Their family was all from Mexico, having moved to the US two years before Hugos birth. His father had been given a chance to work, and his mother had relatives in the States. They lived in Texas for half his life. His father lost his original job, but was man of hard work and considerable initiative. He managed to find a new job rather soon after loosing his first.

AT the not so tender age of 16, he was shooting with his father at the range, Texas being big on guns after all. He wasn't very good at it, but he was enthusiastic. He kept it up as a hobby, mainly sticking to revolvers and trying to get his aim down. He was also starting get more friends, slightly nerdy, but not exactly outcasts that stuck with him. He began to listen to metal and hang with the headbangers and metal heads, much to his family's disapproval.

His family had just moved to the area near White Fence by the time of the blast. He himself had been there with some new friends, Hugo had wanted to shoot the family heirloom guns down range to show off. When he woke up, he had a strange feeling coursing his body, and it was as if he had a innate link to the two revolvers he had been carrying.

Primary Archetype: Blaster
Secondary Archetype: Destroyer

Manifestation:
Ghost of the Gun; Hugo possess a strange, mystical power that binds him with his guns. His guns shoots glowing, white ghost bullets with unnerving precision. But every six 'bullets' he have to reload. During his reload he can decide how many bullets are damage or debuff.

His second manifestation of the ghost bullet, are pulsing red bullets he refers to Devils bullets. They ripple when hitting anything and explode into red energy that temporarily stuns enemy with crippling visions that overload their senses.

Primary Empowerments: None yet.
Secondary Empowerments: None yet.
Signature: Hellis approves of the inevitable end.

Last edited by a moderator:
And now a mass tagging to make sure everyone interested knows of the new mission option.

@DuskNDawn @Jorick @Iben @Valhalla @LVL1337N00B @Asuras @Holmishire @Foxxie @Zombehs @Jerelin @WanderingSpirit @GuyVolk @Hellis @Tempest @Hillan

Mission 1C

Utopia was originally constructed following the First American Blast Event. In the immediate aftermath of the Second American Blast Event, there are those, such as the KPD, Enforcers, Politicians, and almost everyone who lives near Utopia… that fear that that uneasy 'peace' that the city has with Utopia will be spoiled by the event. KPD has dispatched all they can afford to Utopia, and still struggle with the Grass Bloods and Ironmen. Because of this, a Task Force of survivors with bulletproof vests and police radios have been chosen to give backup to the KPD patrolling the outer walls of Utopia.

The Task Force is charged with helping the KPD on the scene patrol the walls, inspect it for any unusual or growing damage.

Some worried locals have been reported going to Utopia with some intent to attack it. They are to be detained, or stopped, without the use of lethal force.

If anything is seen leaving the perimeter of Utopia, going beyond the walls and then into the city, lethal force has been authorized; anything within Utopia must be contained. Weapons are on site but will not be distributed to the Task Force unless this condition is met.

Otherwise, the Task Force is not to use lethal force unless absolutely necessary.

Objectives:
  • Patrol the outer wall of Utopia, report any damage to the wall
  • Prevent anyone from attacking the wall or attempting to get in through nonlethal means
  • If anything is spotted attempting to leave Utopia, arms will be provided to help eliminate it. A call must be put in to the Enforcers immediately if something begins to break out
[/hr]

272453f661ec70e06436412889797e73.jpg

Alias:
Cain

Name:
Jason Campbell

Sex:
Male.

Appearance:
58cddd477c24aaee20e0b465f521ff99.jpg

186 CM, 76 KG, fit and athletic build. His eyes are blue, his hair is a dark blonde. He carries himself with a good posture. His skin is soft, and so is his smile. He is commonly referred to as 'handsome' or 'good looking'. He usually dresses in sweaters, or hoodies. He's not above showing his Texan origin and putting on a flannel and a cowboy hat, though. He always wears ripped jeans and a pair of leather shoes.

jason_campbell_aka_cain_by_hillanx-d7b5q3c.png

'In costume' He wears a hardened leather jacket with thin layers of kevlar in key locations a hood attached, pants off the same material. A Domino mask to mask his face. He carries a extendable bo-staff and throwing knives.

Biography:

Jason Campbell was born to a household in the south, a farm, in fact. His parents are Bruce and Mary Campbell, his father a former U.S Ranger turned Police Detective, and his mother was a teacher, his mother ran the farm mostly. Jason has a bigger brother, Thomas. Thomas is adopted as Mary and Bruce were previously unable to get children. Mary always called Jason ' Her little Miracle'.

Jason was a pretty average child, he helped around with chores, played with his friends, did all right in school, the kid was always smart. He was raised to believe in people, to have good values and to be his own man, to be a good man. However, his parents weren't naive, they realized that the world is a cruel place, and that you need to be able to watch over yourself.

Bruce had a special interest in Jason's brother, Thomas, the two were on hunting trips very often, their trips spanning between a weekend and two weeks everytime, and Jason never got to come. Instead, he spent time with his mother. His mother was far from a helpless small town girl, though. She taught him boxing and Judo, two of the self defense techniques she herself had learned over her life.

Jason's life took a turn when he became a teenager, he didn't get the attention at home he craved, not from his father, at least. That, combined with peer pressure and teen hormones made him turn to crime, he was a pickpocket and a vandal. Petty crimes, sure, but crimes none the less.

At 16, he got into a fight with two other boys, a pickpocket gone wrong turned into a brawl, and Jason ended up on assault charges and was sent to Juvenile care for two years. When he got out of Juvie, he learned that his father, Bruce was very ill, his father would die two months after Jason had gotten out of juvenile.

Now an adult, Jason vowed to mend his ways, to be a better person and a better son. The last few years he's been working towards getting into, and last two years, attending college. He's a law major, the irony isn't lost on him.

Primary Archetype:
Infiltrator - Teleporter.

Secondary Archetype:
Warrior - Kinetic Manipulation.

Manifestation:
Jason's powers manifests in him altering his inner energy, the electricity in his body that all humans have, his bio-energy. The energy manifests itself by seeping out of his skin, eyes and nose, it looks like very thick, black smoke. He uses the energy to teleport, he vanishes, leaving nothing behind and then appears instantly somewhere else. For now, he needs to hold off for a few moments before teleporting again, and can as previously stated only teleport within eyesight. This is all subject to how customed the gets to his abilities, as his potential is great.

His secondary ability is to manipulate the energy around him, most notably the kinetic energies around him, and using kinetic energies to power himself up further. The common uses would be to for instance jump down from a few meters, and use his powers to soften the fall, thus charging up his bio-energy, by converting the Kinetic energy into bio energy.

Primary Empowerments:
None yet.

Secondary Empowerments:
None yet.

Signature:
The Lord and Savior agrees.​

I'm torn between Mission 1B and 1C, both seem so compelling, hopefully some tea will help me arrive at a decision.

With that being said, I think at the moment I am leaning a bit more towards Mission 1B.

Actually on that note, time to look at Hellis and Hillan's CSs, and see if they're acceptable! Will post a review for both of them shortly. Tempest's character isn't done yet, and won't be reviewed quite yet because of such. Unless it's finished and I just didn't notice.

Reactions: Iben
@Hellis

Character: Hugo Alevado; Pistelero

Second person to do a self drawn image!

Bio's fine, english-as-a-second-language-typos notwithstanding.

Blaster / Destroyer : I'm gonna guess you're doing pew pews with your guns.

Well, okay, not fair. I already knew that. But yes that's what you're doing. Ghost bullets that cause a momentary freeze? I'm assuming this is stillness and not ice. Hmmm, I can work with that. I would put in some measure that would make the guns less powerful, but then I remembered you can just lose the gun for a bit and lose your powers, soooooo... no this seems fine for your Manifestation.

However your issue is that your entire Manifestation there works... as just a Blaster thing. Because Manifestations allows you to put debuffs on your blasting, that's what this already feels like it is.

So my suggestion is that you are able to fire a 'less damaging' shot that has a greater debuff on it instead of 'standard ghost bullet'. As is, you're a bit underpowered.

Strange to say for the guy who shoots ghost bullets, eh?

@Hillan

Character: Jason Campbell; Cain

Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about him being taught boxing and judo both. I'd be more comfortable with just one. Either would be fine. But then later the juvie and brawling? Yeah that's more okay with me. I don't want you to have too many combat skills just yet! This currently seems like 3 styles upon reading, and I'd like that reduced to 2 at most.

Also, can you include the specific thing Jason was doing in White Fence when the blast went off? Or the general thing. Unless that's what you meant by college!

Oh but before you accuse me of not liking your history, I do actually like the whole criminal to law student thing! I think the Enforcers would likely approve of the change as well.

Infiltrator / Warrior : Stealth kills arrests errywhere

Infiltrator Manifestation... huh. Okay so I know Tempest's sheet isn't done last I looked, but she did have teleportation infiltration on her when I last looked, which was before you posted. You do NOT, however, have to change that if you do not wish, it's just a thing of letting you know that someone else already has this power. I bring it up because I know some people don't like it when that happens.

Your teleportation seems to be limited by sight, and no other distance, so I'd like to ask you to increase the time between teleporting. This would keep it Infiltrator based instead of a Tanker teleport as it wouldn't be as useful in combat, except to escape it, which I don't feel is your intention with it. I could always be wrong. However even Infiltrator based should have some limit, even if it's far greater than its Tanker counterpart.

HOWEVER, if you meant it for more in combat teleporting, then you need to put a more restrictive range limit on it instead, and switch the Archetype to Tanker.

As a note, even if your teleporting starts off Infiltrator, with Empowerments you could make it more combat practical, and vice versa if you begin with Tanker and want more travel and stealth to your teleportation.

Okay and as for your Warrior Manifestation, it looks fine. Converting momentum of some parts of him into energy for attacks is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.