American Paragons

• Thread starter BrattyCommissar
  • Start date

Would you be okay with this RP having a heavy tie to collab posts through Google Docs?

• Maybe. I am fine if others use it, but I won't if I will not penalized for not using it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. Google Docs does not work for me, but I am fine if others use it still.

• No! But I would be open to some other platform for collabs.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure four-person-pile-ups are standard in super hero fiction.
Erotic super hero fiction, you mean?

--

Posted, by the way. Not my best, didn't exactly accomplish much, but whatev. I'm tired.

Last edited:
Posted, a bit too short for my liking but I had to get packing. I might add some small things to fluff my post if I find my 3/4G cooperates on the way.

I'll be on the road today and then I'll be busy with family things for the holidays. However, if something happens, feel free to contact me, as I will have sporadic internet access and while I may not have time to post I can always offer suggestions Oto's actions or dialogue.

God Jul!

I rated your post about the Dice Gods doing nice thing for you with "You're drunk" for a reason :D
The Dice Gods giveth and the Dice Gods taketh away. :(

Hopefully my next rolls will be better, otherwise I will have to compose a most scathing letter to the editor of this publication.

Last edited by a moderator:
Group 1C's splitting up, eh? This should prove to be interesting. Anyway, I'm going to read the IC through once more once the festivities die down tonight and should probably have the time to work on a post and perhaps post it over the course of Christmas Day.

@Iben and @LVL1337N00B

If you're not feeling up to posting, you don't have to do it right away. The holiday is still going on, I probably won't be posting another IC post until the new year. Take your time, relax, and if you feel you can come back and fix a thing, do it. No rush just yet.

Merry Crimmus yo.

By the way, @Elendra - Iben and I totes posted already.

Reactions: Valhalla
Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays everyone!

If things work out smoothly today then I'll try to have a post up, but until then, I hope everyone has a wonderful day! n u n

Elendra has limited-to-no internet for anywhere up to the next week. So just a heads up everyone, that she will likely not be around til then.

Hello there! If this is still open, I'd love to fill in that last slot.

Hello there! If this is still open, I'd love to fill in that last slot.
Yes! This is definitely still open! Feel free to create a CS. You will have to wait for a hard yes/no on acceptance til our faithful GM has reliable internet back, but we are definitely looking for fresh blood still!

Awesome! I'll start working on it and hopefully have it up later today. Glad to (almost) be on board.

I wouldn't worry about getting rejected though, just saying.

I'm almost done with my Character Sheet, I just need an alias. Can we hold off on that or do we have to have it from the start?

I'm almost done with my Character Sheet, I just need an alias. Can we hold off on that or do we have to have it from the start?
I MANAGED TO HAVE INTERNET FOR A BIT so I can answer this.

Technically, you don't need one just yet. You won't be known by it by anyone, definitely not yet! Plus it may not be as important to your character as others (see: Druid). But you can do as others have and have a 'list of possible ones', or just do none to begin.

Awesome. CS sheet incoming.
Hold on to ya butts.

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
(Get a load'a this nerd.)

Alias: None yet.

Name:
Samuel (Sam) Craig

Sex: Male

Appearance:

HEMtdXJ.png

Sam's a skinny guy and looks like he's got the physical manpower of a wet sponge wrapped in tissue paper. He's got a very boyish face and he's as blonde as that sponge I just mentioned. He's a little bit tall for his age which just sort of makes him seem lanky. If someone were to think he looked like an awkward-kid, they'd be right.

Biography:
Sam was always a wimpy kid. He grew up in the Blue Moons District with his parents and grandmother, as well as an older brother. Same grew up as one of the many school nerds in his school. You know, the ones that get called "dweeb" and then have their Dungeons & Dragons books thrown off a bridge. He and his circle of friends were the dorky kids that everyone knew were harmless, but liked to mess with anyway. His high school years were spent being picked last for the dodge ball teams in P.E. and being made fun of by girls for his huge dental braces. He's grateful he was finally able to get those removed in 12th grade.

Sam always found himself wishing he could fight back and his mind drifted to super heroes. While the days of glorious super fights were over, he still glorified all the super powered beings whose job was to save people. He liked to daydream what it would be like to have a super power. It would be something cool like shooting fireballs from his hands or flying at supersonic speeds! Unfortunately, he's always been a huge baby about things. He isn't good with pain.

Couple of years passed and Sam got out of high school in one piece. He began to attend college and started to work on a major in chemical biology. Two years later, and he's still working on it. He isn't amazingly good at his subject, but he gets by. At the same time, he began working at a local cafe as a part-time job. He doesn't make much and actually still lives with his parents and grandmother in Blue Moon. His older brother joined the military when he got the chance. He had always been more of an outside person than Sam.

He had been heading to a friend's house in the Bishop District on the day of the Blast Event. It happened while he was riding in a bus. The last thing he remembers is that green light.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Primary Archetype:
Tanker - Stem Cell Generator

Secondary Archetype:
Warrior - Bodily Reinforcement

Manifestation:

The Blast Event gave Sam a single power in particular that has (so far) applied itself through two means. Sam's body has begun to create a modified version stem cells similar to those found in human embryos. However, these have shown themselves to work and replicate faster than the non-mutated version of this cell. These cells have the ability to modify themselves into any other kind of cell, even neural cells; similar to regular stem cells. His body stores them in his bone marrow as if they were white blood cells. He constantly creates them after which they wait to be used.

Stem Cell Generator:

The most obvious process this new addition to Sam's biology performs, is tissue regeneration. Whenever Sam sustains any bodily damage, his body's new natural response floods it with cells ready to change into what is needed. Wounds will heal and close up, blood lost will be replaced, and even broken bones can fix themselves after they've been set. This regeneration works fast and he (in theory) should actually be able to replace lost limbs as well as brain tissue. Unfortunately, Sam still feels pain and all damage he receives is felt the way any normal human being would feel it. And Sam's kind of a wuss…

Bodily Reinforcement:

Another side effect of this mutation is the reinforcement of his muscular system. Sam can run a lot faster and hit a lot harder now. His speed and strength aren't extremely powerful, but they're well above the standard for human endurance and strength. A well placed punch can break a jaw with ease and he can run a mile in less than three minutes. His muscles are strengthened, but something is strange. His body doesn't look like he's acquiring more muscle mass. They aren't being reinforced with more muscle tissue because they aren't growing. The source of this strength is definitely the new cell response system, but it's doing something strange here.

Primary Empowerments:
None

Secondary Empowerments:
None

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signature:
I, Sir Pinkleton III Esq., being of relatively sound mind and body on this day of the 27th​ of December in the year Two Thousand and Fourteen (2014), agree to the terms Elendra has proposed and leave the fate of Samuel Craig in their capable hands.

Last edited:
Let me know if I need to change anything!

I'm sorry. I guess the only way to settle this is in court. My people will call your people.

(Get a load'a this nerd.)
I am too tired to do a full review like I gave others, but I've read it and nothing seems to contradict lore, nothing seems too overpowered, and you seem to be approaching this with a great tone.

So, you're in. No fanfare. I'll give you some of it tomorrow, maybe. No promises.

That said, Jerelin has informed me that they're going to have to drop. They're unable to keep themselves motivated to post in this at this time and are dropping before it becomes too big of a problem. This will leave a spot open for you to join in 1B and 1C.

After you pick which, you can jump right in to the IC too!

Status
Not open for further replies.