Altera Novum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ansel turned to the enemies who were still foolishly turning their weapons on him. "You've already seen that you can't kill me. And you aren't worth my time. Surrender, or forfeit your lives!" He gathered a ball of green ki in his left hand. "Choose."

"Uh..." Several punks say as Ansel pulls out his Ki ball. They look around for a moment, and continue the attack. The punks with knifes and wooden planks either broke their weapons on his skin, or they slid off of him with each attack. A handful of punks charge in with guns, but get shot by the SWAT officers charging in. The punks that where killed continued to puff into dust. The chief speaks to Ansel, "We have reason to believe there is a head bogey, mystically controlling these others. If you see any abnormal punks, take em out." A humanoid warped grey cloth, appeared out of nowhere, attacked the space in front of the computer with a long black staff.

Molehk tells you before the clothed man appears, "The source is near!" This gave Kallard all the notice he needed. The man teleported into the room, next to him, slamming a stick at him, but he was able to evade the attack by stepping away from the computer. When the man leaves he moves back and begins working on the code. Without wasting to much time he begins types in several possible command codes in order to stop the detonation, through his suit he is able to keep hacking the code while keeping his hands free to defend himself from future strikes.

You could hear a few soldiers retreating after you make your threat. The punks don't retreat. Two of them tear apart the soldier you controlled earlier, three of them charge at Star, "All right then, kill time is here." He aims his lasers and fires, taking out two to the three punks charging him. The last punk stabs his armor. The knife barely scratched the paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kallard, no longer seeing the point of being invisible, drops his stealth field and draws his combat knife; taking up a combat stance. His arm is engulfed in black spectral fire, enveloping the knife. If this guy used supernatural abilities, then it was best to not play around. At first opportunity, he would aggressively engage the source of this dust clones.

Ansel attacks the new arrival, grabbing him with the hand wrapped in ki, and immediately attempting to crush him against the floor.

Aach-Ti reaches into the mind of the last punk, attempting to pilfer his mind before it is destroyed by Star.

The Teleporting punk teleported back into the room. He started chuckling as he twirled is quarterstaff around. Out the end, came a beam of magical energy, landing on Ansel's Chest. The flickering lights that fell off of him showed the old rug carpet. Then Kallard rushed him with his knife.

With an expert's level of martial training, he knocked aside the assailant's staff, his fist, and went for the plunge into his throat. However the target saw this happening before it began. With extreme finesse, rivaling Kallard's skill, hidden under a seemingly drunken style of martial art, he countered the knife by using his off hand to swipe the knife aside. This man could hide it well, but he was exceptionally well trained.

While that fight was going on, Ansel flew over and threw his open palm wrapping around his arms and chest. The punk with the staff was at his mercy.

The fight between the punk clones and the SWAT continued bellow. The clones seem to be running away from the super beings, and into the guns of the law enforcement.

Aach-Ti walks into the last punks mind as if he where walking through air. This specific punk did not have a lot in his head. The only relevant information he had was the source of the punks. Their leader punk had a magical staff that could produce clones of the wielder, however the clones where much weaker than the host. Other than standard magical melee and ranged attacks, it could keep the wielder at the peak of health. After Aach-Ti took the relevant information, Star blasted the punk into the end of the hallway, "Oh, did you want to interrogate him...?"

Unwilling to attempt diplomacy again, Ansel pops the punk like a grape. "Okay, Aach-Ti, what else am I breaking and or killing? I'm getting bored again."

Mission Objective Ansel.
Find the countdown timer, break it, and then you can break anything else that you would like.

Ignore anything else.

Aach-Ti then reaches out for the teleportation fellow's mind, careful of the Wizard and potential tricks and mental traps. He first attempts mind control to stop the enemy from moving. Before he does this, he speaks to Star,

Clear the way, I am going to be a moment. If you run into a problem, call me on the comm.

Seeing that Ansel had taken care of kung fu grip, Kallard returns his full attention to cracking the detonation computer system.

Ansel squeezed the punk's throat, aiming to turn him to paste. One of the punk's clones ran up behind this 'fight' The staff faded away from the strangled punk as life left his body, and the staff faded into the hand of the next one.

"You can't kill me that easily, but then again I could say the same about you two..."

As the reborn staff wielder vanished, one of the copies was revealed to be behind him, holding a FEDERATION MILITARY grenade launcher. At point plank range, he shot at Ansel. For the first time since he fought the mysterious woman something managed to cause pain. All though it was rather minor.

Kallard seeing the situation mostly under control, moved back to the computer. His suit was suit was still hard at work cracking the 22 digit code. Only a few more moments, and he would have access to the bomb control.

The new punk that held the staff teleported over to the maintenance floors, appearing before
Star and Aach-it. With a spring in his step, his head to the side, he flourished his staff. Star and him engaged in a melee contest, trading blows. He was unable to land any strikes on him, unlike his opponent who hilariously outclassed the Trillionaire's martial ability. While distracted, the punk could feel some one tearing into his mind, with focus, he was able cause any internal damage, to a minimum, "The only ones who could push my mind that far where master wizards and....Crinis...even for your race, your exceptional!" His creepy smile turned to the Alien. His pose seemed calm, and not ready to continue the attack.

Ansel ignored the grenade shot. Not worth engaging, even if it had actually managed to deal damage to him. "I guess I can't. So, what I'm thinking is, if crushing your throat doesn't work, snapping that stupid stick of yours is a pretty good bet." Ansel looked around for the staff wielder, and, not finding him, began searching around the floor.

Reading Ansel's mind, as he does frequently with his team, Aach-Ti thought to himself,

Hmm.. that is actually a pretty good idea..

You, staff wielder.
Why have you stopped your attack?

Preparing himself for a trap, Aach-Ti gathers his wits about him. Reaching down into the depths of his mind, he summons the more power than he normally would. Perhaps the behemoth was correct. Aach-Ti prepares to rip the staff out of the man's hands if he would attack again.

Ready attack to pull the staff from the punk's hands, extra effort as well.

Ansel searches the room he is in, and the factory floor just outside the window. All he could see was the Wizard battle happening between Blake and Balthazzar.

Kallard finally cracked the code for the terminal. Giving a small breath of relief he locates the detonation program controlling the bombs, and shuts them down. He takes a second to notice something strange within the program...

Aach-Ti readies the power within himself, waiting for the right moment. The punk responds, "You're the only bad guy here I want to talk with. Why did you betray your lord, my prince?" He moves to attack, and the Crinis responds in kind, using the power he summoned to relinquish the staff. The punk was prepared for this, and braced himself for the telekinetic storm he was facing. for a moment, the two seemed to be evenly matched, neither of them sitting comfortably where they where. As the punk's hands started to slip, Star stood back up and gave him a solid punch in the gut, sending him flying into some pipes. One of them even became dislodged and fell on-top of him, impaling him through the chest, and straight through the corpse that used to be so animated moment before.

Ansel & Kallard notice that the punks they where fighting moments before, intensely illuminated the factory floor, and the office they where in. They where all replaced by several copies of Aach-Ti's

Before the two could talk, The punk twitched and pulled the pipe out of his chest. Throwing it to the side as his weapon bloodied pipe, "Okay first of, OW! Second, You guys are dicks. Third, I hope you don't mind I kill you now!" He charges at Aach-Ti, and punches his shielding. To the Crinis's misfortune, the shield was shattered and the attack made contact. His head was ringing, his senses dulled, and his eyes blurry. His sinister grin was the only things he could make out in his vision.

The bombs where ready to receive the detonation code when the timer was supposed to go off. Without the code, the bombs can't go off remotely. The strange thing is, that these devices also are giving a signal to somewhere else, off planet.

Kallard attempts to backtrace the off world signal in order to get a rough estimate of its location. This was turning into quite the conspiracy.

As he does this, he opens comms with the others with his datalink.

"Break, Break, Break. All stations on this net, I say again, all stations on this net, the bombs have been defused. Terrorist threat still remains. Requesting additional support at the South Headsman Power Plant. Out."

With the punks now replaced, apparently, Ansel decided to step into Blake/Balthazar Brawl. By Beating Balthazar about the head and shoulders.

Aach-Ti's head aches from the blow he received moments earlier, on top of putting so much power into taking the man's staff. The punk grabbed the staff back, throwing the weakened Crinis to the ground. As he was about to finish him, Star delivered a heavy handed punch to the punk's face, sending him flying down the hallway. He takes a moment to examine the Crinis, "This is going to sting a bit..." He takes a needle and injects Aach-Ti with some blue liquid. He starts feeling much better. Not quite at his best, but more than enough to carry on, "These pain killers should match you biology. Do you have a plan to beat this guy? He was just impaled, and walked it all off!" Before the punk touches the ground, he disappears again. He is nowhere in sight.

The copies of Aach-Ti turn back to the punks.

Kallard traced the signal to its source, off system, and into an unexplored sector. While he did this his radio message was responded to, "This is United Federation Naval Ship Veritas, we copy. Sending Academy agent Kel and fire team Ox to the South Headsman Power Plant. We'll keep an eye on any air space in your sector.

Ansel charges over to Baalthazaar, but the leader punk returns, teleporting back to back with him. HE takes one look up and momentarily freaks out. Using his staff, he sends Ansel's fist to the side while he shouts at the wizard locked in a beam struggle with Blake, "Dude, we're kinda screwed right now!"

"Do not worry." He commands the punk, pushing against Mistress Blake.

Ansel makes a grab for the staff, aiming to take hold of it and never let go again.

Yes! Ansel, take the staff.

Mr. Star! We need to get over there to help.
Go, I will fight from here.

Using his mind, and reading the minds of his comrades, Aach- Ti creates a mental network in where he informs each of the party of what the others are doing. Reaching out, he attacks the mind of the staff wielding man again.

"Affirmative. Daedalus, out."
Kallard then logs the location of the system to his cloud network and then turns and launches a blast of black fire towards the Baalthazaar.

Status
Not open for further replies.