Altera Novum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ansel sighed. There was no entertainment to be gleaned from massacring this group of low level thugs. "I guess it's up to you then. You idiots feel like dying, or are you ready to surrender and march outta here?"

After making your offer, Burk starts thinking to himself, "We've lost, they have the Sara, What do I do?"........."Damn you Ka'talak! I wont-" After he vanished you're able to keep track his consciousness through space. He moved away from the center of the galaxy, however you're unable to locate the specific planet seeing as how Burk was moved outside of your range. At least you have the general idea where to go.

The soldiers continued their hail for a moment, before one of them started listening to a head set. That soldier starts shouting, "Get the hell out of here, Operation Buster Bullet is going off!" A well armed transport ship hovers to the busted hole Ansel made with the troops piling in, "Let the droid hold em off!"
The droid attacked Ansel from behind. The sword bounced off of his back. Ansel bitch slapped the droid's torso off, leaving the legs behind. The legs continue to kick at Ansel's shins.

"We've lost they, have the Sara, and Wym left, What do I do?"
"Damn you Kattalak! I wont-"
Kallard & Sek both looked at where the grey beast was in slight suprise, "Aach-Ti, was that your doing?" The naive boy asked.

The woman started groaning in discomfort. Sek flew off into the distance and returned within seconds, drawing his golden plasma sword. The woman looked at the pair, eyes half open saying, "I can take you both..." She made a weak orange blue energy based attack against Sek, with his blade, he deflected the attack up with little effort, "Stay down, we don't want to hurt you. We just want to talk." She shakily tried to rise, but failed to do so with all of her wounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upon seeing the woman regain consciousness and begin protesting, Kallard punches her in the in the head, in the attempt to make her return to an unconsciousness and prostrated state.

"Shut up and go back to sleep." he says.

Last edited:
Not content with the results of his attack so far, Ansel chose to disable the craft's engines. With his fists.

Oh no you dont.

Aach-Ti reaches out with his mind, grabbing the pilot of the ship, he awaits for the crew to board the ship.
After everyone is on, he lands the ship and talks directly to the crew inside.

Surrender your weapons.
Your minds are not safe.
I will kill one man after a minute of waiting, then one more every ten seconds after that.

When the soldiers realized what had happened when the ship landed on the rooftop of the building they where escaping. Ansel followed from behind and wrecked the one of the engines with his hands. The soldiers look around in fear,
"Is that Aach-Ti? Sir, what do we do?"
"Calm down! We can Escape this if-"
"No we fucking can't! Ansel is out there too!"
One of the soldiers approaches the man Aach-Ti possessed, "Fine...we'll surrender. Listen, you're an academy agent right? We've got a weapon that's going to tear apart the core of the planet. It is a collection of power cells within the core that connects through to several Ergo, and public livings power plants. We've got a several bombs located connected to a mass driver in the 'South Headsman Power Plant' It was rigged to blow should we have failed getting the asset back into captivity. There is a couple metas guarding the countdown device. One of them has teleportation abilities and is called Davis. The other is a master wizard called Balthazar-Alazath. Take out the count down device, the bombs wont blow and they can be safely disabled individually. They'll go off in an hour So you'd better hurry or else every one on this world dies, including us. As long as you don't execute or torture any of my men, You will have my and my squad's full cooperation as P.O.W.s."
The squad looked around, questioning the captain's actions.
"Are these terms agreeable Hero...?"

Kallard punched the woman in the face. She falls over unconscious. Sek walks up from behind and asks, visibly disturbed, "Was that necessary? She was beaten up and all..."
Upon hearing the message Sek talks to his adopted Grandmother, "Gramma, the bad guys wanna blow up the planet...."
She flies on top of the building with Sek, Kallard, & The Woman.

Everyone's communicators go off with a message, "Agents, Police, Military personnel. We have just received a bomb threat at the South Headsmen Power Plant from terrorists from the A-12852-Business Sector. Since evacuating almost two billion souls in an hour would be beyond impossible, We require any and ALL police, public security, Military, Powers Academy Agents, or what have you, to go to this building and destroy the countdown device."

"Protecting the innocent is our top priority, but if the bombs can be disabled they will be safe regardless. Boys! Go to this 'South Headsmen Plant' and destroy the count down device. I will need to come with you if 'Thee' Balthazar is there. Sek, take the woman, and your friend Star back to the ship."

You know the more important details about Balthazar-Alazath. The term 'Alazath' is a reference to the Dark Wizard who made his infamous name on the First Earth. He died by the time the first Earth was destroyed. Any wizards with the title of Alazath is directly telling the public they follow Alazath's teachings. While not illegal, it is similar to supporting the Nazi party. You know that Balthazar has clashed with several Academy Agents before. He is suspected to have been teaching others magic illegally.

You know a significant amount of this Balthazar Alazath. The term 'Alazath' is a reference to the Dark Wizard who made his infamous name on the First Earth. He died by the time the first Earth was destroyed. Any wizards with the title of Alazath is directly telling the public they follow Alazath's teachings. While not illegal, it is similar to supporting the Nazi party. About this man specifically, you know that your teacher, Mistress Blake, considers him a terrifying threat. She has told you she was fought him several times before in her youth. The one time you ever met him you struggle heavily to attack him while he toyed with you. Soon after, Mistress Blake had to personally fight him. That was the only time you've seen her take a fight seriously. This was four years ago.

You know little to nothing about Balthazar Alazath. However, the name Alazath is vaguely familiar to you. He was a wizard who managed to to threaten the first Earth in his life. He died before that planet was destroyed.

"Well, you guys are a bunch of dicks, clearly. I'll let someone else go to the trouble of locking you up." Ansel flew up into the sky, and loudly wondered in his mind where the power plant in question was.

"Easier to transport an unconscious meta. Standard procedure. Of course, usually, that involves chemical sedatives. However, a fist worked just as well in this instance." he says as he zip ties her hands and feet together.

"I assume you'll handle her. I have to report to my unit." He bluffs before retrieving his briefcase and proceeding to the ground floor, and eventually the van he used to get here in the first place. Next stop was South Headsmen Power Plant.

Last edited:
Very good. We accept your terms, drop your weapons and allow me to peer into your mind.

Aach Ti reaches into the man's mind and retrieves all the information he could about Wym, the operation, and even delved into some previous militaristic events to establish if he had the tendency to double or triple cross his allies. After this was done, he speaks to his mentor.

Balthazar..
Mrs. Blake, do you believe that we can achieve the objective?

Last time you fought the man, he proved to be a danger.
While I do not wish to condemn this planet to perish, we have a duty to survive.

"Sure, I'll take her to my ship."
The boy heaved the woman onto her shoulder, and took of into the air.
"Do you want me to help Grandma?"
"No child, you must take your friend and the woman to your ship. Contact the Nearest Federation fleet, and make sure the woman is kept under your watch. Aach-Ti, join him on the ship, so you can help from afar, unless you feel you should be with us."

You receive a message from Mistress Blake in your mind of the location. She also says, "Wait until reinforcements arrives."

Ansel takes off to the power plant, with the Federation Terrorist Response Team transport ship. One of them shouts from the
"All right big guy, you got a plan to take these guys out?"

You make your way down to your van while pulling up your notes on the power plant. Since it was never built for repealing military, you can find several access points surrounding the building. You could easily make your way anywhere around the plant. Before you reach the ground, you realize that with your transportation, you may not make it in time. A civilian's hover taxi flies near you,
"Hey military guy, need a lift to the power plant? I herd you guys needed all the help you can get. I can get you there in a moment."

"I understand if you do not wish to face Balthazar again, given your previous experience. As long as I can keep his attention, Ansel and the federation response team can defeat the other meta.

"Nothing even resembling one." Ansel says dryly. "Ordinarily, I'd head in immediately and start breaking things and people, but I have orders to wait for reinforcements. Not sure who that specifically refers to yet either. Probably the usuals."

I am coming with you, Mrs. Blake.

Everyone, this is going to be a grueling fight. We can use all the help we can get.

You there! Yes, the one with the black-fire.
Who sent you here?

"I'm on vacation." He says without deviating from his serious demeanor.

"Aach-Ti, go onto the ship, Sek, take him here, then get to this system's capital and bring help. Ansel, You will go in first, and attack the other meta along with the security forces. Aach-Ti and I will face off against Balthazar."

Upon finding the plant with the response team, Ansel touched town with the team. Mistress Blake walked around the corner to the group, "Just one more moment men, my apprentice should be here momentarily."

"Open fire!"

A group of soldiers similar to the group guarding Wym, rushed outside of the plant. They fired upon the attack force. Ansel didn't even notice he was getting shot untill a Federation soldier said, "Uh sir? You're getting shot at from behind..."
He turned around and gave a terrifying smile at the fools.

Aach-Ti walked onto the ship with Sek, careering an unconscious Star, & The Woman, The boy flies the ship over to the power plant. While over head, they noticed a fire fight near the plant, involving Ansel, the fire team, & Blake.

Ansel turns and bares his teeth at the assembled soldiers, then seems to disappear, moving fast enough that the eye can barely hope to track him. He veers out to one side, then shoots through the enemy group, taking their legs out from underneath him, and grabbing the soldier at the far opposite end of his attack.

"Under Executive Order One Nine Four Five, Federal Powers in Times of Declared Emergency, I am seizing this vehicle." Kallard says to the cabbie flashing his badge and then pulling out a slip of yellow paper, and writing on it the make and model of the vehicle, as well as what legal provision he was using, before giving it to him. "This slip guarantees that you will receive just compensation from the Federal Government. Please keep that safe and give it to your local Ministry of State to begin the process. Now please park the vehicle and vacate to a safe location." Kallard orders to the man. He doesn't particularly want to take the man's cab. However, the situation has forced him, and he won't ask a civilian to endanger himself. Better this way.

Last edited:
Va..cation?
No matter, I will see to that one later.

Aach-Ti marches onto the ship. Reaching out with his mind, he penetrates the juicy coconut that is the brain of one of the soldiers. Invading his mind, he leeches out the orders the man was given, and attempts to know if the soldier knows where the bombs actually are.

Let me know when you would like me to attack Mrs. Blake.

You easily cut through his mind, accessing the memories that explain it all. You look through the vision of the soldier in question. He is standing with several others in a massive room. Balthaazar is standing on a stage adressing the crowd of soldiers. "Soldiers. Your squads have been selected for the Saseal guard. Your orders are to do what ever Wym tells you as he creates his weapon. He has given instructions to place explosives in every major power conjunction of the planet. Since we had Ergo deliberately make the planet explode, our front has given us several locations to place high powered explosives. We have enough to even make sure the Federation can not disarm enough of them in an hour. The planet may have been rigged, but we'll still need to make sure we can evacuate any valuable person we can. You will be guarding Wym's facility, and if need be, you will be a strike team. Since there are over a hundred and fifty of men here, you will be sent via military transport. I highly doubt any academy agents will find you. Even if that is the case you will be joined by Wym's personal team, The Final Force." Several moths later, the soldiers are in a power plant getting orders from Balthazaar again. Ansel is seen flying to the building they are in on a camera. This was but moments ago, "Stall them for as long as you can. We will make sure you can escape, if you survive. They charge out to fight the man.

The cabby doesn't say a word out of slight bewilderment. He lets the soldier take his vehicle.
"Uh, sure dude. What ever you need."

Ansel seemingly vanishes into thin air, flying up around and through the enemy soldiers. Stopping short of moving through all of them, he grabs the last one, using him to attack another. His grip was loose at first, but his mighty hands adjusted to the "weapon" easily. The soldiers scatter from the mass of man, being shot and killed by the SWAT team. Within seconds, the enemy soldiers where killed, or at the very least unable to fight.

Four of the remaining twelve soldiers lay on the ground, in pain, or unconscious. The rest where killed by either the SWAT, or Ansel's Twelve more of them poured out of the plant, they seemed endless.

"Ansel, force your way inside if need be, but we need to confront Balthaazar! Aach-Ti, come down to the south entrance and make your way to the fight from there. Ansel and I will keep their attention while you use your telekinesis to smash him with. A surprise attack will do us better than a full frontal assault. Sek, drop Aach-Ti off there, and take off to get help."

"All ready on it, I sent them the message, and I'll meet them there."

As Aach-Ti walks past Mr. Star the disabled and weakened man grunts, "I know I kind screwed up, and I want to make up for it. Take one of my suits, they're made for humanoids. 318 should fit you fine if you want. They're on the loading ramp, on your way down if you want to take it..."

Ansel begins beating the enemy soldiers to death one by one as he begins moving into the complex, not bothering to dodge any fire they throw his way.

I am unsure of wearing a suit.
I do not know how it will affect my mind, or my movements.
Are you sure that is safe?

Also, to the rest of you.
Our enemy knows we are coming.
Ansel, could you seek out the one we search for?
Smash the enemies, but leave their half dead bodies behind.
I will assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.