Altera Novum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kallard thanks the cabbie for understanding, and gets into the driver's seat. He inserts the keys into the ignition and the engines hums to life. Kallard takes control of the cockpit and begins ascending, and then pushing the vehicle forward at near top speed. His destination was the power plant's roof. On the way there, he sets the taxi to auto-pilot and removes his OD green fatigues, revealing an advanced suit. Using the Biochip in his brain, the suit deploys a helmet to encapsulate his head.

He uses the datalink capabilities of the suit to re-establish connection to the local Federal COMNET and begins monitoring COMMs

"It may make you more of a target, and hamper you sneaking around, but it wont stifle your mental powers and it'll keep you from taking any damage. It's up to you. On second thought... I want to go with you. This time, I'll follow your command to the letter, that is, if you're willing to.
"

The soldiers surrounding Ansel where shot to death by the SWAT team. The othe twelve managed to push the gunmen under fire, forcing them to take cover. one of them was wounded. One of them shouted, "We need cover fire!" Ansel was already ont he move. He flew into the exiting soldiers, duel wielding their allies. (Rolling)

Kallard takes the taxi to the south headsmen power plant, setting the auto pilot on when he arrived. HE landed on the roof top, seeing Ansel and the SWAT team fighting at ground level. He finds several exhaust ports, vents, and regular ladders leading down to the main factory floor. Mean while, he could hear the conversation between Sek and the Federation Military
This is Academy asset 06824, does any Federation or Academy forces copy?" "Academy asset 06824, this is Federation F.O.B, 04, Planet Omikron. I copy. "We have a planetary threat on Saseal, one guy named Balthazaar, and another super person thing..." "What level of threat do they poses?" "One is a master wizard, and the other is unknown!" "I...copy that, one unkown, and one Khaver, sending the United Federation Naval Ship Veritas, Halcyon Class Frigate is on the way.

Kallard steps out of the taxi, and hacks into the space stations city planning database, pulling up blueprints of the power plant to his HMD(Helmet Mounted Display. pronounced H-Mud). He then uses his skills to gain access to the cameras inside the building to try and determine OPFOR(Opposing Force) numbers and positions, but finds that they have all been disabled. Smart of them. With the bluepints downloaded, the fastest route to the objective was through a vent directly behind him. As he approaches, his outline begins to blur and blend in with the background. Soon it was as he wasn't there. Totally invisible, he enters the vent and makes his way silently, his suppressed sidearm in hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not having been briefed on where he was supposed to actually be going, Ansel contented himself with beating any threat that made itself apparent before it could harm the team he was with..

"I just downloaded the schematics of this building, we can go through this exit door, and make our way behind them, while the others come from the front. You and me can sneak attack them." You feel the ship land, and hear the loading dock open. "I got a good idea where to go, just let my armor take the attention." He jumps out of the ship, and makes his way to the door he spoke about. "I've got two guards in there, how do you wana go about taking them out?"

Ansel continues to plow through the waves of soldiers as if they where laves in the wind. From behind the SWAT team, Mistress Blake holds her staff above her head and says, "Move the the other side of the building! Find the offices!" Her staff conjures a ball of msytical energy, the shoots past the fight, clearing out the soldiers piling out of the building. Inside the building, was a large and abandoned factory. The furthest end of the factory held an office, with two figures inside. Even though he could barely make out details about the two, the group could see some differences. One of them was tall and skinny, wearing a black cloak, and holding a staff about his size. The other was wearing street clothing and had spiky blue hair.

You can see these events happen as you crawl through the vents. Whil crawling, Kallard notices that the vent he is in, is directly above the pair in the office. As far as the soldier knows, he wasn't detected, thanks to the gene hazard. Just a little bit further down this vent, would lead directly into the office. He had a few choices to engage these two.

Kallard continues past. The bomb was his primary objective.

Ill handle this.
Using his mind, he switches his mind with one of the soldiers. Speaking to his 'comrade', he gasps and points behind the man.
While the fellow is distracted, Aach-Ti pulls out a knife, or any other sharp object on the man's person, and slits his own throat. Before the body dies, Aach-Ti switches back to his own body. The guard, turning to snap at the other guard for scaring him, gasps as he sees the blood trickling out of his co-worker's throat. It is then that Aach-Ti invades the final guard's mind. Mind controlling the guard, he opens the exit door and greets himself and Mr.Star.

Mr.Star, would you mind picking up my body so we may continue?
I believe that this disguise will be adequate to get us through unnoticed.
Assuming the security is watching the fight and not us.
Do you happen to have an EMP or some other means of taking out their cameras?

Ansel saw the two further up, and was unsure what to do about them. Neither were brandishing weapons or attacking the group he was with. On the other hand, everyone else he'd encountered in the building had been hostile. After weighing the options for a moment, Ansel shot forward and grabbed both of them by the neck. "Struggle and I'll pop you like a zit. Hold still and everything will be just fine."

Kallard make your way through the vents on his way to the computer on the other side of the room as he can hear a crash from the room with the hostiles and the computer bellow you. At the end of the vent, he saw it lead down to the floor of the room, and saw Balthazzar, and his stooge.

Ansel charges into the room, fying past the factory machines, through the glass window, and slams into a couple of identical Punks. Upon the two of them impacting with the wall, four more of them pile on Ansel. "Don't let him stand guys!" "Yeah, dog pile!"

Balthazaar casually ignores their 'fight' and looks out the window to see Blake. He fades into the absence of light, and reappears a few yards away from her down at the factory floor saying, "Tell me, after I nearly killed your apprentice before, you would think only the best would be sent against me." He fires a ball of fire at her, and she countered by striking the fire with her own magic shielding. "Balthazzar, you don't have to do this."

He nods and pulls out a light blue ball, and presses a few buttons, locks his armor up, and activates the device. It gives of a small bloom of light. "All right, that should take care of any cameras. Where do you want to go now?"

Kallard moves to the end of the vent and shoots the punks with his sidearm through the grate.

"Fair enough." Unburdened by the multiple attacks, Ansel stood up and began pulping their faces one at a time.

I thought you said you knew where we were going?

"I...okay This way to the bomb" He walks inward, moving through a few maintenance tunnels. Above, you could hear your forces doing battle above. Just as you deiced on what to do, a group of five Punks (from the last post) they charge the two of you screaming, waving knifes, planks, and fists. Star flinches a little before firing his wrist mounted lasers.

You throw your fist through one of the punks. When you do so, the man explodes into a powdery dust. You know this is beyond unnatural seeing as how there should have been a 'your fist sized hole' where the man was. Several more dog pile you within the room, but don't slow you down.

You shoot one of the punks. When you do so, the man explodes into a powdery dust. You know this is beyond unnatural seeing as how there should have been a corpse with a hole in his skull instead off a pile of dust. You can see the man Ansel punched also do the same thing with another punk.

Aach-Ti rushes the five punks, using his host's body as a distraction. He places himself in the way of as many punks as possible to take the first brunt of the blows, he screams wildly. Switching back to his body, the guard comes to to five armed attackers waving weapons at him. Aach-Ti then attempts to take control over one of the enemies.

Ansel pauses to grab one of the punks and swing him at another, like a soft, fleshy hammer. He looks around, frowning. Without a clear objective, all he could do was react to threats.

...Well, things that could be loosely interpreted as threats.

Kallard... This is some method of arcane trickery. Someone, or something, is producing these dust clones. Remove the creator, and you remove them. Killing them on a permanent basis isn't possible, otherwise. Kallard heres the familiar voice explain. Molehk.

Arcane, eh? Kallard talks whispers to the voice in his mind.

"Would this sort of arcane trickery require a lot of concentration?"

It should....unless the power in question is being used through an enchanted item.

Using his datalink, he opens up his comms and speaks on the Academy team's Net through his thoughts.

"Daedalus to Academy team, over." He says, as he deftly jumps down from the grate and attempts to move past the punks to tge bomb.

Kallard charges past the punks, dog piling Ansel's weapon slamming into the punks. Another punk picks down a door into the room, from the factory floor. He aims a shotgun at the massive man and fires. It was enough to get his attention for sure. At such a close range that shot would have blown away any normal being. Ansel however was not so. A few more punks with small arms aim their guns, but wait untill the punks on his back get away first.

Kallard lunges to the control panel in the attempt to disarm the bombs, activating his suit before leaving the grate. He makes his way past the fighting, and to the control. The computer opens up a tab named, 'Bomb Control' the soldier that leaked the information did not embellish on the number of explosives. Hundreds of thousands where here. The Bombs Control panel displayed a password, requiring a 22 digit code.

Based on your military experience, you notice the bombs had to have been an inside job. There as no way thi could have been done without Ergo Corp knowing. You have high suspicions that Saseal was built with planetary destruction in mind.

The Crinis's plan works aggressively well. The solider saw his comrades approach, and was beaten by two of them. The other three kept moving. The one in the middle, ahead of the other to charging, takes a different action

Over the radio one of the SWAT officers respond to Kallard, "This is Academy Support, fire team Ferrel. Our heroes are busy at the moment."

The punk begins screaming thrashing back and forth to distract the others. Taking a mental deep breath, Aach-Ti mustered all the strength he could to rip into the eyes and soft portions of his host body's face. While Aach-Ti could feel every bit of the pain, he ripped and clawed until the host body was blind. Switching to another punk, he made the man slit his own throat, slowly. Switching back before the body dies, he speaks into the minds of the others.

YOUR MINDS ARE NOT SAFE.
FLEE AND YOU MAY SURVIVE.
STAY AND WITNESS HELL.

"Fire Team Fox, the punks they are fighting can not be killed conventionally. Break. They have an arcane source. Eliminate it, and you eliminate them. over and out." he says with his thoughts through his datalink (it's just like Ghost in the Shell)

Kallard now diverts his full attention to cracking the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.