Altera Novum

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kallard finishes the conversation with the ship above, turning to join the fight. He throws a cloud of black fire at the Dark wizard's back, however, the punk leader was still at the man's back, protecting him. While in close quarters with Ansel, the punk took the time to swipe the attack away before engaging Ansel.

Ansel, having enough of this punk's nonsense, decided to try to take his staff away. He threw his massive hands on the staff, firmly grasping it, while using his other hand to strike the punk. This managed to make him grunt, and fall off of his feat, but then he used the moment to flip over the staff, while holding it still, and twirled around to knock Ansel in the back of the head. Before he could reach the target he teleported, with the staff, in front of the weapon and jabbed him square in the eyes. A blow that would have pierced the alloys most star ships are made of, only seemed to make Ansel's nose bleed a little.

"Dude, not cool! The staff belongs to the man, man! You don't have the swag to hold this thing!"

Aach-Ti informed the others within the group of the other's whereabouts, and what they are doing. Because of this, he was able to keep Kallard from firing into Ansel by accident. The Crinis then used his mind to attack the punk leader, but the attack was hilariously ineffective. Because of this, the Crinis makes an interesting discovery as Mr. Star said, "I suppose the sneak attack is off." He flies back out of the hallway, where the two came in.

Mr. Star crashed through the ceiling, firing his wrist mounted lead guns. athe the punk shouting, "Dakka, Dakka, Dakka, Dakka, Dakka, Dakka, Dakka,!" Nearly every single shot penetrated the punk's loose clothing and his entire body. His blood went everywhere, but within seconds the punk's wounds recovered. "And then there is this ass hole! Hey uh, Mr. Incredible Bulk, don't go anywhere." He flies off to meet Star head on after insulting Ansel. Most of the Punk's copies pile onto Ansel, He barely registered them.

The punk had been acting rather, off balance and even slightly silly since this engagement first started, but in reality he is easily one of the most dangerous enemies he has ever faced. He hides his great abilities as a martial artist, magic user, and even mental fighter.

This man clearly understood that this weapon was his life in this fight. Disarming him of it would not be as easy as Ansel thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ansel, grab the staff once more.
I will assist you.

Using Aid to help Ansel get the staff.
All I have to do is beat a Defense of 10 to give him a +2 bonus.

Also using Assessment.

"Fine. Time to dull your keen senses" Kallard thinks to himself before broadcasting to the Miss Blake and her team. "Academy Team, this is Daedalus...the guy with fire. It's about to get loud. Turning on machines; dull his senses. Ansel, I doubt what happens next will bother you overmuch. Daedalus, out." Kallard finishes the message and immediately gets to work remotely gaining control and turning on machines in the room in an attempt to raise the ambient sound level. Finally, he opens the water valve, allowing pressure to build up in one of the industrial hoses and releases it towards the staff punk as soon pressure is ready.

This time, Ansel went to grab the staff at both ends, ensuring it couldn't be twisted or manipulated by anyone but him, and planned to follow it up by shooting into the upper atmosphere with the staff in hand.

Ansel and Aach-Ti combine their efforts to disarm the punk leader. It seems Ansel's strategy of holding onto the two ends of the staff work flawlessly. The punk leader struggled all he could but couldn't get the staff back in his hands before he was punched into the ceiling, and remained stuck within the freshly made cracks.

Kallard activates the factory's machinery, causing noise everywhere, to then point where verbal communication became much more difficult. the soldier focuses on more specifically, the water jets off in the distance. The massive machine aimed its hose up at the ceiling, and sprayed at the punk. within seconds, Kallard cut a hole in the ceiling, which made it start to crumble. The punk landed face first under a heap of steel, and the clones changed with the holder.

Ansel was slamed by falling rubble, but it didn't even manage to slow him down.

Balthazar force a exhausted Mistress Blake away. He glanced at the rubble before fading away with his magics. He reappeared several meters away and stated, "Are you-damn you Seth! You had one mission..." He turned to see Ansel holding the staff. Within a swift motion, he sends a red and black ball of fire to the staff, making an explosion upon impact. The staff was blown to splinters, but Ansel was perfectly fine, despite the crater he was floating in currently.

"I knew you where made from the greatest D.N.A. of the toughest warriors from history, but I never imagined your power being this great after so little time..."

"Yeah well my father made the same dumbass mistake. Now we're here. You know, even though my first instinct was to break the staff, I kinda wanted to hold onto it for a bit. See how an army of me would be. Guess I'll just have to kill you instead." Ansel sticks with his preferred tactic of grabbing for his enemy's face and then pummeling them against the ground.

Aach-Ti's tentacles twitch in excitement. The closest thing to a smile his race has.
He sends a mental message to Mrs. Blake,

We need to buy Ansel time.
Let us both go after Balthazar's mind.
Together.

Extra Effort for +2 Power Rank for Mind Reading.
Using a Hero Point to roll twice.

Unless, would Mrs.Blake have a better chance than me?
Either way, one of us will be Aiding the other.

If it is me, I get a +14 to the grapple check, giving me a 50% chance of getting a 29-34 total..
If it is her doing it and me aiding, then I will not spend the extra points/extra effort.

Kallard fires a blast of black fire at Balthaazaar

Aach-Ti coordinated with his life long teacher, to open the way for Ansel's attack by damaging Balthazar's mental and physical shielding. Mistress Blake fired a ray of white light at him. The light she threw collided with the dark wizard's red and black magical shield. His attention mostly focused on her. Aach-Ti managed to firmly keep the wizard in place, setting him up for Ansel.

Kallard fires off a black ball of fire at the dark wizard. However, the shield deflected the attack. The fire he cast almost looked pathetic in comparison.

Ansel flew to faster than the speed of sound, throwing his fist at the wizard. When he punched the wizard's shield, a massive light flashed through the factory. Several black and red warriors appeared, filling the factory. Five within the office that Kallard was in, Three within a Aach-Ti and several others in the tunnels with him, while Balthazar held onto the shield from the physical attacks, and his mind from Blake. Several more warriors appeared through out the factory, they start attacking anything that isn't Balthazar

Agent Kel and the rest of Fire team ox, crash through the windows and doors.
"Mistress Blake, I heard you and your students need some help?"

The warriors move to attack everyone while Balthazar recovers from the attacks he suffered.

Balthazar summoned a load of demon warriors and several space marines are fighting all over the factory.

Ansel ignores the newcomers in favor of continuing to attempt to put Balthazar 6 feet under.

℣ℤℨ℩⅋ℏℐℑℒℓ℔..

Aach-Ti cursed in his native tongue.
Demons? An impenetrable field? An indomitable mind?
The Crinis thinks to himself,

What hope do we stand?

I will help with the demons, Ansel and Mrs. Blake, continue hammering Balthazar.
Agent, I need you and your men to surround the fight and make sure to keep the demons from distracting those two.
I will assist you anywhere I can and interlink your mind's thoughts.
Any relevant information I will pass along between you and your comrades.

Black-Fire soldier, please assist them.
Mr. Star, please keep the demons off of me, I will not hold up well in combat.

Reaching out, Aach-Ti attempts to connect the minds of all the allies in the room.
If he could handle it, he attempts to mentally grapple the demons, causing them to freeze in place.

Kallard proceeds to join the agents in their assault by rushing to the nearest demon warrior and attempting to stab him with a fire engulfed blade. He almost starts to think to himself about how ironic this was, but immediately bleaches the thought from his mind. Can't be too careful around psions.

Kallard charged one of the demonic warriors painting his knife and sliding it across the demonic sword. Kallard swing his knife across the demon throat before swiftly dodging the attacks of the demons allies. The soldier held his life up and backwards ready to strike again.

Aach-ti focused on connecting his allies mentally, while holding the nearest demonic warrior in place. As several other warriors charged the Crinis could hear Mr Star shouting, "Get Down!" The trillionaire flew out of the building down to the base, blasted down the doors, and rugby tackles the demonic warriors it down the hallway.

Ansel once again through his massive knuckles in to Balthazar and is shield. Several cracks came from the attack. The dark wizard started screaming as the power from his shield moved into a ball and shot out at Ansel in a cohesive ray of power. He was sent back flying through the opposite wall they were at, and through the next building. For the first time since he was originally captured by the Academy, he was seriously injured. The continuous blast created a massive wound on his chest. Even with this wound however, he didn't slow down or even too weakened.

Mistress Blake took the opportunity her attack dog created. She fired her own ray of divine power at Balthazar. This sent him into the wall his back was turned into. Causing the steel to crack.

Before he could charge back in, the punk from before teleported in front of Ansel, "Fear the name Luon!" He shouted before throwing a ball of destruction mystical energy into his target's chest. The attack caught him off guard, causing the wound to expand. While nowhere near critical condition, Ansel was weakened but not anywhere near out of the fight. When the dust cleared Ansel and Luon were hovering 22 meters off the ground of and office complex with cubicles and computers everywhere.

"Alright. Now I'm pissed." In lieu of just randomly punching Balthazar's shield, Ansel decided to try out a tactic he had not, as of yet, tried. Specifically, rapidly approaching his flight ceiling, and then throwing it in reverse and body slamming his target from low orbit.

Whatever happened, it would be spectacular.

Kallard go towards the next demon with the same weapon tactics

Aach-Ti hatched another plan in his tentacle-covered head.
He readied his body, looking for an opportunity to strike.

I have you covered Ansel.

Readying an action to defend Ansel against the next attack via telekinetically grappling them.

Aach-Ti focused on Luon, holding him in place as Ansel prepared his attack, while Star continuously fought off the demonic warriors.

Ansel sped off through the steel roof of the building he was in, into the upper atmosphere. As soon as he could see the scope of the planet Saseal, he plunged back down fist first. by the time he reached the heights of the tallest buildings, he was already a moving at speeds star ships normally move while in a fire fight. Ansel crashed through the atmosphere, the building he was in, and plunged into Luon, who was unable to move due to an unseen force. The building was reduced to rubble after the initial hit, followed by the shock wave. Ansel was covered in large chunks of steel, but could still see the miles of factories in the area crumble before the power that he caused. Including the factory that his allies where in.

Kallard clashes his knife against the blade of one of the demon warriors, while catching the hands of the other swinging at him. He slid the knife under the hands of the first demon, cutting his chest open. Like the warrior before, he faded away as soon as it was killed. The last warrior freed himself of Kallard's grasp and ready to attack, before being shot down by ailed Federation Soldiers, "Get this staging area set up! Bring that turret around! Keep those guns trained on the stairs! Hey, you're Daedalus right? We're setting up a rally point right here. Help us hold them off till we get our bull set up!" A large explosion came from where the gene hazard and the punk had been fighting. From that, the building's ceiling crumbled, followed shortly by the walls. Several tons of force slammed into the machines that filled the inside. The office with Kallard and the other soldiers inside stayed intact, but crashed down two floors, where the tunnels where. The door that lead out now pointed straight up. The soldiers all groaned and shakily rose from the effect, "What the hell was that?!?" With the steel rubble covering the battle, the warriors found cover much easier than they could have before. You have no idea how many where killed, injured, or stuck, but you can here the sounds of gun fire, and swords clashing.

Aach-Ti was knocked down by the tremor, and made available for an attack. Mr. Star saw the tunnels collapsing on the far end and shouted, "I didn't know this planet could have earthquakes!" He grabbed Aach-Ti by the arm, and flew out of the tunnels, back outside, and up in the air away from the ground. As they looked over the city's ruins. The damage was only in a quarter mile radius, every building within that range had been leveled. Had the evacuation not happen, thousands of people would have been killed. "S-so...where do you want me to drop you off?"

"What the hell was that?!?"
One of the soldiers asked.

Ansel stood up, rubble rolling off his back. The large man looked around impassively at the devastation he'd caused. "...Okay. Probably shouldn't do that again. Least not in a situation like this. Aach-Ti, how is everyone?" Ansel spoke to the open air as he inspected his fist. There was no blood or gore in evidence, except for what had come from his torso. Still, it seemed unlikely that anything man sized could survive an attack quite like that. "...Pretty sure I got him. Don't have a body to show you though."

Kallard takes position behind cover, un-holstering his pistol and firing at the nearest enemy in range. "Eyes on, Fireteam Oscar. Still have a fight to win." he says over the local net

Aach-Ti marvels at the destruction that was left in Ansel's wake.

Place me anywhere Mr.Star.

Acting as a beacon for the others, he identifies friendlies and targets hostiles in the area.
Relaying this information, he hopes that the others are unharmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.